"I'M STUCK IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!" A Delightfully Unliveable TR ~ NEW TR 9/27!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome updates!! You mentioned it was cold - how was the weather the other days? We are staying at beach club oct 26-30 and I'm going to be seriously angry if we can't swim!!

Also - I saw Hanson a few weeks ago at some random flower show thing in Delaware! It was AMAZING!!!

Don't worry, you will be able to swim! It was cold because of Sandy. The wind was insane. Usually in October it gets a little chilly some nights but nothing to worry about. During the day it is still hot, it just wasn't at the time I'm writing about due to Sandy.

LOL I had plans to go to that, but it fell through cause I was going to Disney like the next day. Ah well.

Ahhh, I knew from your teaser you were going with a Clerks reference! :thumbsup2 If I switch shifts with someone at work, it's almost guaranteed to be a horrendous day and I angrily say that phrase to myself for 12 hours straight. However, it's really great that you were able to use it in a positive way!

Kangaroos! I remember seeing them in '09 and then when we went to Conservation Station last year, we saw them doing a dental exam on a kangaroo. It was pretty cool! But when I posted it on my TR, most people reading didn't even realize they were there.

It's so nice that you were able to just chill and take it all in, something we don't always get to do if we can only go for a week. Our 10 day trip in '09 was perfect, but unfortunately we can't always get away for that long. :sad1:

Your selfie with the goat is just adorable! :lovestruc

Yay, a Clerks fan! :D I'm glad someone is appreciating my reference. I've said that at work too. Stupid retail.

OMG that's awesome about the dental exam. I would love to see any of the procedures they do but I have not been lucky enough yet.

I know, isn't it lovely? I've been spoiled with these long trips!

haha Thanks!

YEAH! I was so excited to get up and see new updates from you. Sounds like so much fun. We didn't get much AK time on our May trip, so I'm hoping we will be able to on the next go around. You're giving me all kinds of great things to look forward to. The Red Kanagroos are my favorite part of this installment, so awesome, and your adorable excitement is contagious!

Aw thanks! It was a blast. I hope you get more time in AK next trip and that you fully enjoy it! There is so much more to see and do than a lot of people realize.

yay for selfies with goats! my boyfriend and I still think the 'goats yelling like humans' video on youtube is hilarous and will randomly immitate them .... we're weird. Or fun. Whichever.

I haven't been over to the conservation station - perhaps I need to add that to the to-do list for the fall!

hahahah oh my god I know. This is my favorite thing ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp0Bt2cbcc8 It never stops being funny.

You should!

The goat updates made me crack up so hard! :yay:

hahaha glad to hear it!

Great updates!!!! I love your updates!

Thanks so much!

Great updates! :)[/QUOTE

Thank you!

Great updates!

The more times we travel to WDW, the more I am able to sit back and really enjoy each moment instead of running to the next spot or analyzing whatever we just did!

Thanks!

Isn't it just wonderful? We're lucky we get to come back so many times and experience that feeling!

We can totally be in with the goats at the petting zoo in my city :thumbsup2 I am definitely going to Rafiki's Planet Watch this trip!

Yum, now I want fried rice for lunch popcorn::

That's awesome!! I wish we could do that at the one near me!

ME TOO.

Needing to get some Halloween Party info. Did you think it was cold? I know you wore a suit type jacket with tights. Were you ever hot? I have picked out my outfit, but am really nervous that it will be too hot.

P.S. I checke and mmmmHops beer is not for sale yet. They are still working on the recipe here in Oklahoma at the Mustang Brewery.

It was freezing because of Sandy. There were very high winds. Usually it's nowhere near as cold at night in Oct. It can get a bit chilly sometimes, I don't think you will be too hot.

Yeah I think it'll be out in September but I'm not sure. They want to sell it during their tour so I'm guessing it'll be out then.

Yaay!! Awesome vinylmation trade! That’s great!! You’ve met Johnny Depp?! Ack! Amazing

I have yet to do Flights of Wonder and probably won’t due to not liking birds and from what I hear they fly over your head so that’s a BIG no to me! Lawl. Glad you enjoyed it though!

What?! That’s so weird, every petting zoo I’ve been to you’re in the pen with the animals! Lawl. Weird. Oh my god pigs are so cute, I seriously want one…ahahaha. And goats…they’re so cute, love the selfies with them haha!

Yep. Once. He's perfect. :lovestruc

Yeah they do. Pretty suddenly, too. If you're afraid of them it's probably not the best idea to see that show haha.

That's so odd to me. Maybe it's a regional thing! I don't know.

Thanks! Goat selfies are my forte :thumbsup2

I don’t know if I have ever seen a kangaroo in my life. IDK how that can be. I NEED TO.

I do eat vegetables at WDW restaurants sometimes, so I can understand how full you were and just needed something light. But after I eat vegetables, I wash them down with cupcakes…… JK.

I am only a little jealous you met Johnny Depp and probably everyone else except for weirdos.

I am a much bigger fan of pins than vinyls BUT STILL. Vinyl trading at the Disney Store is just awesome. WHY U GET RID OF PIN TRADING THO.

I REALLY need to see Flights of Wonder one of these days. I will add that to my mental list of must dos.

Your selfie with the goat>>>>>
You are perfect.

Omg, you need to see one. It's alarming! In a good way.

I occasionally eat vegetables in WDW restaurants too! Because they make them sooooo good. However, it's definitely rare for me to just eat raw carrots at AK when cupcakes are steps away! I was tooo full.

LOL no, trust me, I have met a LOT of weirdos.

Sigh, I don't know. I wish they would bring it back.

hahaha Thank you!

You know I just can't imagine how tough it would be to be #StuckinDisney, which is, obviously, AWESOME, but at the same time having that awful storm back home. Thank goodness the CM's at All Stars were so great. I can definitely back up that CM's can help SO MUCH in a bad and/or stressful situation.

Oh man, I was so thinking of Clerks when I read your chapter title. Too funny.

I think you just blew my mind... Kangaroos and Otters. I had no idea. Oy, I need to get off of Everest once in a while.

And YAY Everest. That is all.

I love when CM's are able to insult someone without seeming like they're insulting someone. Such an amazing talent!

"At Disney, somehow, magically, I can truly experience today. The moment is mine, it's tangible, and I can really FEEL it and live in it."

Lia, I simply LOVE your approach and enthusiasm. :goodvibes

Yeah, it was a bittersweet experience! Once the storm died down and I found out everyone I knew was okay, I definitely was a lot happier.

You should pick up an animal guide next time you are at AK. There are probably a ton of animals you don't even know are there. It's so much fun to go looking for them all, like a scavenger hunt!

Thanks! I love your enthusiasm as well!

First of all, that Liberty Square bird is terrifying. I don't...I just...yuck.

Onto the new updates...

OMG I went on a kangaroo-finding mission in November! Except we got lost a few times. And never saw any. It's a long story. I'm glad you saw them though! They're so cute!!

Ugh, Flights of Wonder. The DIS needs a 'curling up in the fetal position and crying' smiley. It sounds like an interesting show for people who can tolerate birds, I guess. Also even I, someone who avoids most birds/bird-related knowledge knew owls can't turn their heads all the way around. If they could, I'd be 10x more terrified. :rotfl:

How did I miss the bright orange monkeys when I went to Rafiki's? They're awesome! They look like something out of a movie, but, y'know, real. Nature is awesome.

LOVE your goat selfie! :thumbsup2

I KNOW. I was shocked when I saw it!!

Omg I love that you also went on a kangaroo mission. Sorry you couldn't find them though. Like I said, it isn't easy! Hopefully next time you will though.

Yeah, it was cool for me but I would not recommend Flights of Wonder to you or anyone else who is afraid of them. :scared: I mean they fly out of NOWHERE so suddenly.

I know! I couldn't believe how neon they were.

Thank you! I consider it to be one of the best photos of me ever taken. :angel:

Don't remember if i've commented on your report yet, but i've been reading along the whole time :)

- Love your sunglasses.

- I had just moved out of NY (long beach) a few weeks before Sandy. Being so far away when all my family and friends were right in the middle of it was hard. So I totally get how you feel. But it is the most awesome of places to just get stuck in.

Love that you are just soaking it all in. Thats how I'd do it. everything is a bonus so you can't go wrong.

Looking forward to hearing the rest, and to read about your next trip.

Thank you!! And I LOVE YOUR USERNAME.

Sorry you were separated from your family too. It was so scary. :guilty:

That's exactly how I thought of it!

Thanks!

OMG! I didn't know AK had kangaroos! Now I have to find them in Sept lol!

I love reading your TR. I personally find you pretty funny (in a good way!)

You definitely should! Pick up an animal guide on your way in :)

haha Thanks so much!

Oh animal kingdom...I need to explore you so much more than I have in the past. Awesome kangaroos! I seriously love the tree of life. Definitely one of the best park centerpieces.

Also, best vinylmation ever! Seriously, who would trade that?! It's Johnny Depp! Their loss. I'm glad the CMs were so great during the hurricane. At least you didn't need to worry about that.

Caught up... AGAIN.

I have to say... as much anxiety it would give me about Sandy and all that stuff, and as awful as it was.. your time just kind of ENJOYING AK at a leisurely pace is making me happy! We kind of did something very similar on our final morning in AK and it was SO nice to just NOT have to be running around. AK is a fantastic park to do that in, because there's so much to see and look at, even if you're just chillin', eating some fried rice.

I LOVE that made a Clerks reference, because I'm a big fan of that movie (and I even liked II)... I'm intrigued that Kevin Smith is working on a third one!

I need to go to the petting zoo and pet cute goats... and take selfies with them. I thoroughly enjoyed your selfie with the goat, hahaha.

I also need to eat fried rice at Yak 'n Yeti! SO MUCH I want to do, eeee.

THAT is an awesome Vinylmation trade for Jack! Seriously, awesome one. I'm so sad they took away all of the trading every where and made it so limited. It stinks. BUT I've also heard trade boxes have gotten better? But who knows. Our Disney Stores both have trade boxes but the past few times I've gone there has been nothing but terrible non-Disney BOGO stuff in them. Wompwomp.

I'm really excited for the big trading event in September though, I'm hoping to get some awesome stuff! They have cast member trading boxes that they put TONS of awesome stuff in (older series, chasers, variants, cast chasers, etc.) and refresh it throughout the day... I'm super excited to see how that goes! They also do fun games where you can win Vinylmation prizes and stuff. It'll be my first time doing any sort of official trading event (and I'll be alone, since Matt isn't interested and I'm not forcing him to join me), so I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure it'll be fun!

Anyway, I love seeing your trades, so I'm excited to see what else you get, especially during your next trip (which I saw a FEW of). Side note, did you know there are a TON of amazing series coming out here over the next few months?! Beauty and the Beast, Monsters University, Muppets 3, Park 12, a new Bakery cupcake series, Ducktales... I could go on, but I'm happy that they're finally releasing more great series!

I'm just going to stop talking about Vinylmation now, because I could go on forever, hahaha.

I totally understand the being too full from Disney food and eating carrots thing. I remember the last day of one of our trips was a driving home day. We had breakfast at our resort before leaving Disney. We drove for twelve hours and when we stopped to feed the kids lunch and dinner, neither my husband nor I could eat. We were just too full from 10 days of glorious Disney gluttony!

I know, it's not Disney, but you HAVE to go to Busch Gardens Tampa! You can feed the kangaroos and wallabies there! Best thing ever!

Oh animal kingdom...I need to explore you so much more than I have in the past. Awesome kangaroos! I seriously love the tree of life. Definitely one of the best park centerpieces.

Also, best vinylmation ever! Seriously, who would trade that?! It's Johnny Depp! Their loss. I'm glad the CMs were so great during the hurricane. At least you didn't need to worry about that.

You definitely should explore more if you get the chance!

I know! I'm happy they did though. And I was so thankful to those CMs. They really made the whole experience much less stressful.

Caught up... AGAIN.

I have to say... as much anxiety it would give me about Sandy and all that stuff, and as awful as it was.. your time just kind of ENJOYING AK at a leisurely pace is making me happy! We kind of did something very similar on our final morning in AK and it was SO nice to just NOT have to be running around. AK is a fantastic park to do that in, because there's so much to see and look at, even if you're just chillin', eating some fried rice.

I LOVE that made a Clerks reference, because I'm a big fan of that movie (and I even liked II)... I'm intrigued that Kevin Smith is working on a third one!

I need to go to the petting zoo and pet cute goats... and take selfies with them. I thoroughly enjoyed your selfie with the goat, hahaha.

I also need to eat fried rice at Yak 'n Yeti! SO MUCH I want to do, eeee.

THAT is an awesome Vinylmation trade for Jack! Seriously, awesome one. I'm so sad they took away all of the trading every where and made it so limited. It stinks. BUT I've also heard trade boxes have gotten better? But who knows. Our Disney Stores both have trade boxes but the past few times I've gone there has been nothing but terrible non-Disney BOGO stuff in them. Wompwomp.

I'm really excited for the big trading event in September though, I'm hoping to get some awesome stuff! They have cast member trading boxes that they put TONS of awesome stuff in (older series, chasers, variants, cast chasers, etc.) and refresh it throughout the day... I'm super excited to see how that goes! They also do fun games where you can win Vinylmation prizes and stuff. It'll be my first time doing any sort of official trading event (and I'll be alone, since Matt isn't interested and I'm not forcing him to join me), so I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure it'll be fun!

Anyway, I love seeing your trades, so I'm excited to see what else you get, especially during your next trip (which I saw a FEW of). Side note, did you know there are a TON of amazing series coming out here over the next few months?! Beauty and the Beast, Monsters University, Muppets 3, Park 12, a new Bakery cupcake series, Ducktales... I could go on, but I'm happy that they're finally releasing more great series!

I'm just going to stop talking about Vinylmation now, because I could go on forever, hahaha.

Yes, it was lovely! It makes me happy just to think back on it. :cloud9:

I LOVE Clerks II. You have no idea. I am the biggest Clerks superfan in general and I CRIED when he announced Clerks III. Cried. As hilarious as the movies are, I just love the friendship/love aspects of them so much and Kevin said he's really going to drive that home in the 3rd movie. Also, the 2nd one was about Dante coming into his own and so the 3rd is going to be more about Randal getting his act together, and also Elias is a big part of the script too. I JUST CAN'T WAIT OMG.

Thank you! I highly encourage goat and all farm animal selfies!!

It's delicious! Different than at our local chinese places, but in a good way!

AHH I know, I got really lucky on that one. If only that would happen more often. In my experience last month, the trade boxes really haven't gotten better. I didn't find any that I truly loved. They don't swap them out very often so if you go to the same box more than once a trip you may find the same stuff. Like I kept seeing the ones I had traded out in there. Sigh. I hope I have more luck at the Disney store!

I can't wait to hear about that event! I want to go to one. It sounds really fun. I don't want to get as obsessed as you are though cause I remember you saying you had like 200+ and I just do not have any room for anywhere near that many! Sigh. I can't wait to see all the new ones coming out though!

I totally understand the being too full from Disney food and eating carrots thing. I remember the last day of one of our trips was a driving home day. We had breakfast at our resort before leaving Disney. We drove for twelve hours and when we stopped to feed the kids lunch and dinner, neither my husband nor I could eat. We were just too full from 10 days of glorious Disney gluttony!

LOL it happens!

I know, it's not Disney, but you HAVE to go to Busch Gardens Tampa! You can feed the kangaroos and wallabies there! Best thing ever!

That sounds AMAZING! It's so weird you said this because I've never given Busch Gardens much thought except for the other day when I was thinking to myself I should eventually try and get over there. It's been 13 years since I've even been to Universal, though! I'm just too Disney obsessed to get away!

I hate the reason why you were stuck in Disney...but wow! To be stuck in Disney! I love that you got more time to just absorb it all in and everything. Amazing. I love reading about all the extra things you get to focus on and do!! I miss Disney...ahhhh!

I've been lurky-loo'ing for about a week. :wave2: Finally caught up because customers kept coming in to my office expecting me to actually work or something. Sheesh! Life is what happens when you're busy obsessing over Disney.

Your trip sounds awesome, despite the little hiccups, so far. I wish I was a solo kind of gal and could do the Disney thing by myself, but I just don't think I could do it. Unfortunately, I don't have any one (other than my parents) who is all about Disney, to go with. Since I don't particularly want to go with my parents (don't get me wrong....they are uber awesome), I only get the chance to go when I sucker some one in to it. Oh, to travel to Disney with another Disney soul would be heaven. My next chance for Disney will be in February 2014 with 3 Disney virgins. I thought DV's were a myth...guess not.

I just wanted to say that I am in awe of everything you got to do and so glad to finally find a trip report that doesn't have kids. Not that I don't like kids....I really do.... but because I don't have any I find the TR's from adults more my style. Anxiously awaiting your next installment.

JW

I hate the reason why you were stuck in Disney...but wow! To be stuck in Disney! I love that you got more time to just absorb it all in and everything. Amazing. I love reading about all the extra things you get to focus on and do!! I miss Disney...ahhhh!

Ahh, I know! It really was a great opportunity despite the circumstance.

I've been lurky-loo'ing for about a week. :wave2: Finally caught up because customers kept coming in to my office expecting me to actually work or something. Sheesh! Life is what happens when you're busy obsessing over Disney.

Your trip sounds awesome, despite the little hiccups, so far. I wish I was a solo kind of gal and could do the Disney thing by myself, but I just don't think I could do it. Unfortunately, I don't have any one (other than my parents) who is all about Disney, to go with. Since I don't particularly want to go with my parents (don't get me wrong....they are uber awesome), I only get the chance to go when I sucker some one in to it. Oh, to travel to Disney with another Disney soul would be heaven. My next chance for Disney will be in February 2014 with 3 Disney virgins. I thought DV's were a myth...guess not.

I just wanted to say that I am in awe of everything you got to do and so glad to finally find a trip report that doesn't have kids. Not that I don't like kids....I really do.... but because I don't have any I find the TR's from adults more my style. Anxiously awaiting your next installment.

JW

:welcome:!!!!! Thanks for reading!

I've been discussing this with a friend and I really don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to be in Disney solo. You should definitely try it one day, who knows, you may love it! And oh man I know a TON of people who have never been to Disney. I don't even know what to say to them, it's just so sad. :scared1:

Thanks! There are a ton of TRs on here that don't have little kids. Like pretty much every single one I read has no kids on it, lol. Check out reports from disneyfreak508, mariethecat24, arbolita, aussiesalad, danimaroo, disneyfreak616, therussells08, nermel9, mardgreen88... I could go on! :)

OCTOBER 29, 2012
Day 9, Part 4 In Which I Face My Fears... Kinda​

I spent some more time with the goats and pigs cause I love 'em.

9012308927_6b7defd478_z.jpg

Little piggies, living piggy lives...

9012308739_bc2a9a5b4e_z.jpg

My goat friend <3

9012309183_15d9aa5829_z.jpg

AHH I LOVE THIS ONE. HIS EARS AND FACE AND JUST WHOLE SELF IS SO PERFECT I LOVE GOATS.

9013494568_97d2bccd48_z.jpg

Next, I went into the Conservation Station. I noticed the Grandmother Willow Song of the Rainforest and wondered what it was - another thing I had never done before!

9012308345_a80b0ab2fe_z.jpg

With all my extensive Disney knowledge, I had never even heard about this, so I wasn't expecting much. However, I love Pocahontas so much that I knew anything involving it would be awesome!

They have a bunch of little rooms so I went up to one of the doors and saw this:

9013493688_ea1078829d_z.jpg

Um, WOW OKAY I LOVED IT.

You go in and it's this dark room with cushiony seats and headphones. You put them on and it's like you're sitting in the rainforest. It was SO relaxing and peaceful. I was very much enjoying my laid back AK day!

I'm not gonna tell you that you must RUN to Song of the Rainforest the next time you're in Disney, and I'm sure small children probably wouldn't appreciate it. But you should try this out. Especially on a really hot and busy day, coming here could be the PERFECT much needed break. And I assume it doesn't get very crowded so you could probably hang out in there awhile if you wanted to.

After that lovely experience, I just kinda wandered around.

9013493302_d6bfa0e578_z.jpg

9013493102_0967f44cb2_z.jpg

9013492834_7fc226b0d6_z.jpg

It's so awesome that CMs are just working on stuff and you can watch. It's also kind of creepy for the CMs. I would be like... stop watching me. LOL.

9012307423_69d652d9bb_z.jpg

I had seen almost all the reptiles and insects they have in here the year before, so I just mainly looked for the axolotls I obsessed over on my last trip. They weren't there! ):

I did fall in love with this frog though.

9013492424_d78d475833_z.jpg

9012306925_2a225a1f83_z.jpg

And I had to take a picture of the stick bugs because they are just fascinating. Can you even see them? They just look like branches but they are swarming in the top right.

9013491926_106d13e49a_z.jpg

They're awesome.

Like many people, I hate spiders. I used to have worse arachnophobia than I do now due to my surviving The Great Wolf Spider Infestation of 2005 that happened in my former basement (I say former because the only option was to burn the house down of course). So my challenge to myself was that I would get right up against the glass and look at the tarantula they have on display for at least like 30 seconds. I think tarantulas are the most horrifying creatures imaginable and I am positive they are all out to eat me so this was quite a bold challenge.

9012306493_6c24f042b3_z.jpg

OH MY GOD LOOK AT IT I HATE IT MONSTROUS CREATURE OF THE UNDERWORLD BEGONE OMG

It just sat there though, like that, the entire time. I was waiting for it to crash the cage open and lunge at the window, preparing to attack, but it didn't. It just sat there. If it had moved I probably would have ran out the door and didn't stop until I reached Magic Kingdom. But I stared at it for a very uncomfortable minute or so and it did nothing.

It wasn't that bad, really. But like, say an arachnid expert took the thing out and was like holding it to show guests. I literally would have bolted so fast. I do not understand parents who hire these creature wranglers to show off such things at their children's parties. Do they want all the guests to be killed instantly? I don't get it.

Have I rambled on about spiders long enough? Okay good let's move on!

I then headed out because I really wanted to get back to my beloved Food and Wine Festival, so I caught the Wildlife Express back to Harambe.

9012306333_bdb6c17327_z.jpg

I started to pull out all my kitchenware because I was planning on making a nice roast.

However, I then saw this sign:

9012306109_4464397337_z.jpg

Rats! Not only is cooking not allowed, it is FORBIDDEN. Fine then!

I noticed this little house, and I wondered if that's where Tupac is hiding out. Who would think to look there? Certainly not any of the East coast rappers. I'm just saying.

9012305859_ab881e6f5b_z.jpg

Welcome back!

9012305613_796539c71e_z.jpg

9013490574_e790069698_z.jpg

I stopped at one of the shops in Harambe to look around. I don't think I planned on buying anything, since being #StuckInDisney isn't exactly kind on your wallet. However, this plan immediately failed.

I had an obsession with Disney beach towels on this trip for some reason. Like, I kept looking in a million places at all the different beach towels and I really wanted to get one, but I couldn't decide which. So I finally got this one, pictured later on my bed (I don't know why I didn't take a better photo on my camera but whatever!):

9035517445_81845db8a1_z.jpg

It's just so unique. Like, LION KING AND JUNGLE BOOK CHARACTERS ARE CARVED INTO THE TREE OF LIFE. And I just love Mickey & friends in their Safari gear. Poor Donald is stuck carrying a huge box, why I don't know. But I just love this towel. Plus, it's one of the HUGE ones that's good quality. I JUST LOVE IT BEST TOWEL EVER.

I didn't end up buying it, but I love this print of Simba and Mufasa so much:

9013490142_45b249810a_z.jpg

I decided it would probably make me sob hysterically every time I walked by it at home, so it was probably best to leave it behind.

I thought this was the coolest picture frame ever:

9012305169_46f6340e21_z.jpg

Again, a bad photo, but you can still see the awesomeness. I had to get that one because I have so many amazing photos of animals taken at DAK and yet none on display! When I brought this home, I actually couldn't decide on just one photo. So I now rotate them. LOL

Fabulous purchases in hand, I headed out of the park because I wanted to take a break at Movies. Even though I was wearing jeans and long sleeves, I was still cold, so I had to change!

I stopped in the Movies gift shop to pin trade again, and bought a Mickey chocolate bar:

9012304649_2cb2a59dcb_z.jpg

I was eating pretty light today, but that totally hit the spot! YUM.

I am really bad at taking pictures of my pin trades, in fact I barely did it at all on the May trip which kinda sucks since I did it like 932890 times and it would be cool to have a record of that. But I did take a picture of what I traded for this time!

A6ZarBGCQAAZltW.jpg

The CM told me that it was Mickey dressed as one of the Citizens of Hollywood. I'm not sure if that's accurate though, does anyone know? I just think Mickey dressed in something other than his usual stuff is always SO cute.

I went back to the room and saved some of my Jiko and Wolfgang Puck food to heat up at World Premiere. OH SO GOOD.

When I got changed, I actually put on tights, leggings, socks, and sneakers.

In Florida!

When I was there in May, oh my God did I miss this weather. I mean, during Sandy, it really was TOO cold. But your average October weather is just perfection. I have no idea how any of you summer travelers can stand it June-August. No.... just NO.

Give me a warm hoodie and jeans over a sundress any day!

But that's me.

Anyway, it was Epcot time!

9012304513_a63bb19973_z.jpg

OCTOBER 29, 2012
Day 9, Part 5 In Which I Have The Best View of Illuminations Ever

My plan for Epcot that night was just to wander around, talk to foreign boys, and eat. All of this happened! Yay!

Inside the Mexican Pavilion, I saw Duffy as Satan at the Kidcot Fun Stop.

9013489592_9e3b3f013c_z.jpg

Sorry, but that's hilarious. He's got the horns and the pitchfork but still that cute little face and smile. It kind of says, "I will condemn sinners and I look cute doing it!!!!!!!!!!!! :D"

Then, I did more shopping. But I mean duh.

9013489314_61f265ff26_z.jpg

I wanted to get my mom one of these handmade animals but the crosses were SO pretty. I actually ended up getting her a different one that's dark blue and now hangs in our kitchen. She loved it!

I LOVED these colored flags:

9012303793_2874f3416f_z.jpg

They remind me of the AK prayer flags, but you know, more neon and filled with skeletons! A winning combination. So I inquired about them and was told they only had the really big ones available. I have the small AK ones hanging in my room, and they're really the perfect size, so I didn't want the huge ones. Luckily, last month they had the small ones in stock! So I am finally able to show off my neon skeleton pride. It's great!

If you have read my TRs a lot, you probably know that I enjoy taking pictures of foreign candy because it makes no sense to me. Such as this:

9013488838_f580ef69d1_z.jpg

Watermelon and chili: the perfect combo for anyone with a sweet tooth. I just love the picture of the watermelon with clouds of smoke bursting out of its head. If I was rich, I would buy all of these overpriced, ridiculous candies and sample them all with glee. Honestly, the first thing I'll do upon receiving my glorious wealth one day will be come to Epcot and buy candy. I'm pretty sure that's what P. Diddy does anyway, and if there's anyone you should live your life by, it's Diddy.

The next stop was China!

9012303293_5315b3accc_z.jpg

I'm not all that crazy about this store, but I love these lights!

9013488400_29bff9ed3c_z.jpg

I made my way over to Germany, and in Karamel Kuche.

@babybritney It's just such a sad moment when you walk into Karamel Kuche and there are women behind the counter.

Yes... that was disappointing. But I kept wandering around the shops and then met THE BEST World Showcase CM I ever met. And that's really saying something since the year before there was a French dude who gave my mom and I free champagne.

He was standing behind the register in one of the shops and I just smiled and walked by, but I thought he was REALLY REALLY GOOD LOOKING. Usually I pin trade with the hot CMs whether or not I actually want one of the pins on their lanyard, but for some reason I was being shy.

Luckily, I was wearing my lanyard, and he was not shy! So he told me he liked my pins. I was wearing some of my best ones, so I wasn't really surprised.

He pointed to one of my Walt Disney pins and said he LOVED it and had never seen it before. I told him my half sister had purchased it from Disneyland for me last Christmas.

From there we got into this big conversation about half siblings, Disneyland, and Walt Disney. OMG this guy was just great. He had such an appreciation for Disney and knew so much about Walt. He kept saying that he was a genius and there has been no one like him since and probably never will be again. Of course, I totally agree. Walt is my hero.

Illuminations was like a half hour away, so there was like barely anyone else in that part of the store, plus there was another CM in there working too, so most of the time we just got to talk the entire time uninterrupted. It was so fun! Besides him just being ridiculously attractive, I just love getting to know people from different countries. His English was PERFECT too. Usually when I have longer convos with people who's first language isn't English, they get stuck on something, but he didn't at all!

Eventually he had to go start closing procedures. So I told him it was nice meeting him and stuff and to my absolute shock he was like, "Come back! For Illuminations!"

Wait, did this ridiculously good looking German Cast Member want to watch Illuminations with me or did I hallucinate?

I was like OKAY, I mean, if you insist. Yes, I will come back for Illuminations. :O

I just kind of wandered around Italy for awhile after that and pin traded with a hot guy who was working behind the table with all the masks on it. I took a picture of Topolino:

9012302821_2b5077e175_z.jpg

Topolino really needs to do meet & greets in Italy wearing that costume.

Next, I hit up the Hops & Barley stand in America to get the pumpkin mousse again! AHH I MISS THIS DESSERT. So delicious.

9012302621_c75dc39f83_z.jpg

I ate it while walking back to Germany, because it was high time I met up with the hot German.

He was so cute, he hadn't been sure that I was going to come back. He was technically still working, but again there wasn't a lot going on in there.

He said thought I would go watch Illuminations by the water instead of coming back. I told him I've seen it a ton of times, so it doesn't really matter where I watch it from, and he said the same thing. So we decided to watch it together from the door! It was hard to see, because he couldn't leave the store since he was still working, but I didn't care... I mean in my opinion I had a pretty good view. :D hahahaha

Watching Illuminations with a gorgeous foreign CM was definitely one of the coolest Disney moments ever. Like. I was pretty wowed by that.

Toward the end of Illuminations, unfortunately he really had to like... actually work again. haha.

We had talked about my Halloween/MNSSHP obsession and he said he was working on Halloween night which he was sad about because he wanted to go out with his friends, and asked if I was going to still be in Disney then. We had talked about Sandy and everything, so I told him I really didn't know and that I was supposed to go home that day, but it's possible I would still be there. You will just have to stay tuned to see if I saw him again!

After we said goodbye, I seriously had hearts flying out of my head. I was walking to the Beach Club so that I could take the bus from there to the Magic Kingdom, and I was pretty high on life at that moment!

Sooo naturally I ended up getting lost in the Beach Club.

Guys, I don't even know.

Here's the thing. I was not really paying attention. I was just wandering around in a daze because the whole trip had been so amazing and I had just watched Illuminations with an awesome CM and I was in the Beach Club and I was just so happy and... I don't know where I ended up.

Here are some photos I took while I still knew where I was:

9013487760_8a3c6e39de_z.jpg

I love anything nautical or beach themed, so the decor here is among my favorite in all of Walt Disney World.

9012302011_dcde0d8235_z.jpg

9012302225_b20eec29df_z.jpg

So I know everything was fine for awhile as I explored, bought a hot chocolate at the Marketplace, and looked at the pin book there. However, then things went south.

I took like 14 wrong turns and it was VERY confusing to me at the time. It felt like a maze. Like I'm sure the layout isn't that complicated and I am a relatively intelligent human being but I was Drunk on Disney.

At one point I started to hear weird noises. There was no one else around and I was like OH SCREW THIS.

I'm not saying the Beach Club is a terrible place to get lost, but I am saying that it started to resemble the Overlook Hotel.

I was definitely waiting for Jack Nicholson to come running down the hallway wielding an axe.

I mean, it WAS 2 days before Halloween.

9012301837_cab0f17141_z.jpg

HELP.

Eventually, a man emerged from a nearby room. I was nervous, expecting him to be a ghost, but he was holding a refillable mug. I don't think ghosts drink soda, so I was pretty sure it was okay to follow him.

He gave me a weird look, probably thinking that I was a ghost. Oops.

I followed him out of the Beach Club Maze and found civilization again! Yay!

@babybritney: Watched Illuminations with the German, floated away on a cloud, got lost in the Beach Club, off to MK. #TheManyAdventuresofFrumpythePooh

HAH. Oh what I get myself into on my solo adventures.

I took the bus up to the Magic Kingdom, and it was EMH time yet again! YAY!

9012301371_6f407b024e_z.jpg

9012301611_fbbf8b2169_z.jpg

Again, I had no plans. So I wandered over to Tomorrowland!

I just love this poster so much. I probably have like 10 pictures of it from over the years.

9012301201_f46bb7b8fc_z.jpg

9013486378_8492c134cb_z.jpg

I took a quick spin on the Peoplemover and then checked out what they had at the Lunching Pad.

9012300883_cf312a3ea7_z.jpg

If I was going to last all night in this cold, I really needed another hot chocolate! I was just living off it this trip. But then I realized that was stupid because I wanted to go on Space Mountain, and I didn't think my hot chocolate would do too well in orbit. So I just wandered around in one of the stores (I can't remember if it was Mickey's Star Traders or Merchant of Venus... hmm) while I drank it!

I was SO happy I did that, because I ended up finding an AWESOME Tomorrowland plate on sale! It was only $2.99.

A6bZVkDCYAAhEMT.jpg

AHH I love it.

As soon as I walked over to the counter, the CM working the register said, "Hi there! You're a cast member, right?"

LOL. Nope. Again, no, I am not a Cast Member. Unfortunately. Sigh.

He was like, "Really? I swear I've seen you around!" And I was like, "Well, you probably have. This is kinda my domain." We talked about working for Disney and he said he loved it. Shocking!

I loved this mural in there. Stitch's fellow experiments wandering around Tomorrowland!

9013485974_77f112f2a1_z.jpg

Never noticed that before.

I finished my hot chocolate and headed over to Space to check out the wait! It said 15, so I hopped on. There wasn't much of a line and before I knew it, I was rocketing around like the madwoman I am. AWESOME.

Next, I took the concourse to Fantasyland and went to Storybook Circus!!

9013485330_b66ced634a_z.jpg

OCTOBER 29, 2012
Day 9, Part 6 In Which I Leave The Frozen Kingdom Early

I had not seen Storybook Circus at night yet and I had also never been on the new Dumbo!

The wait time was 35 minutes, so I skipped it. Now I just wish I had done it because I STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ON DUMBO IN ITS NEW LOCATION! Ugh. We tried during Disney 24, and it was closed. Booooo.

Oh well. I went into the Big Top, because I really needed a cupcake!

9012299791_d7caecc726_z.jpg

I thought this shirt was so awesome. Like, I would have bought this immediately if I knew ANY guy in my life who I thought would wear it.

9012300497_c03d87eb46_z.jpg

I loved this, Mickey holding a snowglobe with all the park icons in it.

9013485528_eea3491b32_z.jpg

SO magical but I literally have no more room for stuff like this in my life. It's really sad. I NEED MY OWN HOUSE.

Months prior to this trip, when I first saw the Dumbo cupcakes online, I KNEW I had to try one, and I was finally getting the chance! I also thought the candy corn & popcorn cupcakes looked so good, especially because mixing sweet with salty is my OBSESSION.

9013484828_699cee0def_z.jpg

And of course I wanted a Halloween cupcake as well...

9012299237_f2fb5613ac_z.jpg

But I had my sights set on that Dumbo cupcake!

9013484428_dfa774b20b_z.jpg

Guys... I have some very sad news. Not only was it by far the worst Disney cupcake I have ever tried, it's probably the worst I've had ANYWHERE.

It was pretty stale. I don't know why I didn't bring it back. I am sure they would have happily replaced it. I wonder if I got the one old cupcake or if they were all like that.

The icing had hardened over on the outside and tasted so old. The whole thing tasted like it had been put in a fridge without being wrapped up and stored there for a looong time before being sold.

It was a real shame because it looked SO GOOD and tasted SO bad. It's also the perfect size, unlike most Disney cupcakes which seem to be designed for a football team to consume (not that I'm mad about that). I couldn't even finish it because it was just not appetizing in the slightest. Also, even though I liked that it was a more manageable size, it was the same price as the huge cupcakes. So I think that should be adjusted to be lower.

I did eat the Dumbo chocolate though, it was your basic white chocolate. Not bad.

Oh well... you can't win em all. Of all the things I ate this trip, one thing was bound to be bad. It's just life.

I moved on because it was time for NEW FANTASYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again. I needed my LeFou's Brew. Again.

However, once I got there, I was brutally rebuffed. New Fantasyland was CLOSED!

@babybritney: New Fantasyland isn't open! Disney does not understand my need for Lefou's Brew. You can't just give me Lefou's Brew and then take it away!

GAH. I was so craving it too. I can not get enough of that stuff. Sigh.

Oh well, I was still in the best place on earth, so I just moved on to the next earth shatteringly awesome thing! Ah, the beauty of Disney.

As I walked by the castle walls, I noticed they had the squirrels from Snow White on there! OMG.

9012298795_3ff3b3b632_z.jpg

HOW CUTE. It's funny, when my friend saw this photo, she said "Wait, did you go to Disneyland too??" and I said no. She said those squirrels are in Sleeping Beauty Castle too! I thought that was awesome.

I headed over to the Haunted Mansion next!

9013484014_ea1ecd4f30_z.jpg

I was in a spooktacular mood. Halloween was almost here!

9012298415_b3f4fd5dc6_z.jpg

I'm a ghost.

9013483660_7cc8f18773_z.jpg

I never noticed this portrait before. I think it was in the loading area.

9012298037_4cf326b0e1_z.jpg

I'm sure there's some story behind it that I don't know, so if anyone is aware of that, fill me in!

My next stop was Frontierland. I had asked the CM who rang up my Tomorrowland plate if there were more plates for the other Lands. I wanted to collect them! He said he didn't think so, but he thought he saw something similar in Frontierland. So I stopped in the Trading Post to ask, and the CMs didn't know anything about any plates. They thought the Tomorrowland one was really cool though! Oh well. I pin traded for a Buzz pin in there though, so at least I got something out of it.

Moving on, I had to visit the Country Bears!

9013483162_028ba1ab45_z.jpg

After all, they had just had their big refurb.

9013482914_09a22ca850_z.jpg

It looked GREAT in there, all shiny and spiffed up. I was afraid they were going to change it dramatically and make it more PC, but they didn't, thank God. I was thrilled to see the bears were still drunk, frumpy, and depressed, just the way I like 'em! Yay.

After the show was over, I went into Pecos Bills.

9012297355_a989f6db7f_z.jpg

I wanted to get my hands on some good ol' Disney fries.

9012297165_bbc6e45f98_z.jpg

Yum yum yum. They never disappoint!

I am having a really hard time remembering what I did next. All I remember is I was FREEZING. I also know I checked out Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe, because I tweeted Kara about it later:

@babybritney:Hey @lilmisscynic I went in Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe and now I am calling everything Ye Olde. My shoes are Ye Olde Flip Floppes

She had a joke like that in one of her TRs that cracked me up, so I always think about her when I'm near there!

9012297007_fd30a6ae79_z.jpg

My next picture is this:

9012296829_d10c6c9ac8_z.jpg

And I am clueless about it. I don't know why I would go back to Tomorrowland over everything else at that time when I had just been there, and I literally have no memory of it. A+ Trip Reporting here!!!

Oh look, it's Main Street again...????????

9012296639_b56a53503b_z.jpg

I think my brain was frozen which is why I don't remember this. I do remember looking around in the shops though, because there were SO many amazing Halloween things that I wanted.

9013481760_3264af8167_z.jpg

I also really wanted to go to MNSSHP a third time, but I was still in the "I would like to do it but that's crazy, I mean who goes to three of them, honestly?" phase. That phase would pass very soon, LOL.

Then I saw the coolest Vinylmation EVERVEVETRVEEEVER.

9013481546_1a08af2cb8_z.jpg

Oh my God. I hate that you can't just freaking buy these things, you have to buy a blind box, and MAYBE you'll get the one you want. I think I'm gonna try and buy this one on Ebay or something cause I know I'm never going to find it in a trade and I just want to stare at it all day. The Cave of Wonders one next to it is awesome too!

So yeah, I was just SO FREEZING. I wanted to stay til the end of EMH, but I was starting to get so cold that I wasn't happy, and so I knew I'd rather go back to All Star Movies and enjoy myself than tough it out in the Frozen Kingdom.

Bye, Main Street!

9012296467_85fe333d18_z.jpg

Little did I know, the next time I walked down Main Street would be at my THIRD Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! AHH.

9013481316_e12ef300c3_z.jpg

I went back to Movies and watched Jimmy Fallon for awhile before going to sleep. I adore him but hardly ever get to watch his show. Of course this rare time that I am, he mentions Disney World! When I'm stuck there. How funny.

Up Next: A dramatic morning and an absolutely fabulous MNSSHP #3!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY GUYS... Jess has started to get to my trip on her CP Report. So you should go check that out if you want a prelude to what my TR will be like! IT WAS SO MUCH FUN AND I AM MAD IT'S OVER. BLAH.

Until next time... have a magical day! :smickey:

Yay for more updates (AAANNNDD for an Illuminations date with a hot German CM!) Sounds like it made up for the disappointment in staffing at the Karamel Kuchen!

I've only been to WDW in the fall, but usually late September into early October and haven't encountered the chilly temperatures. I don't think that would make me very happy, you're a trooper for hanging in there on those cold nights, but maybe Disney magic keeps you warm, like whiskey or something ;)

We tried one of those rainforest rooms at AK and lasted about 3 seconds before Paxton flipped out. :rotfl: We are great parents, trying to take him into a pitch black room to listen to rainforest noises!

LOVE that AK beach towel!! And the Tomorrowland plate! I don't know why they don't think to make stuff like that for each land. They could make bank! Because you know most people would want to get the plate from each land or the towel from each park. I guess I need to go work for their merchandise/marketing department.

Awww, your hot German! :love: I hope you got to see him again!!

That's pretty crazy how cold it was. The temperature dropped the morning we were leaving, which is maybe a good thing because we didn't pack a ton of cold weather clothes.

Your close-ups up of the pigs and goats are adorable. Like where can I buy one.

I don’t even want to encounter a tarantula. EVER. Not even if it was behind glass.

THAT BEACH TOWEL IS AWESOME. I need to get it.

My mom and I always go in August, but we went this past November AND IT WAS SO NICE. I walked around with a sweatshirt and jeans on and it was just great. If I ever wore that in August, I would faint first thing in the morning. IT IS JUST SO HUMID!

DUFFY AS SATAN BAHAHAH.

I swear to God you have the best experiences in Disney. Just when I was like “OMG WHAT” over the whole free champagne and hot guy in France thing (which is awesome), this happens. I NEED TO FIND OUT IF YOU SAW HIM AGAIN. This is awesome. I mean, I would DIE if I ever got to watch Illuminations with a hot foreign CM. I would be on cloud nine.

THAT TOMORROWLAND PLATE IS AMAZING. I have like 500 plates like that. I use them all the time.

I haven’t tried the Dumbo cupcake but that is just WRONG. Disney cupcakes cannot be bad. That is a rule. Somewhere… SHAME ON YOU WDW!

THAT ToT VINYL IS AWESOME. There are a few I want from a bunch of different series but I do not want to buy a blind box and get a crappy one. That’s what ebay is for.

I wish we would've taken the time to do Rafiki's this trip!

I should've looked at the cupcakes in the Big Top! That looks so good, but bummer that it didn't taste as good as it looks!

Your Tomorrowland plate is so cute!

Awesome updates!! Yay for awesome disney time!

As if you got to watch Illuminations with a super cute CM, that's awesome! Ahaha, I've gotten super lost at the Swan/Dolphin on my solo trip, those places can be confusing!

Ah that vinylmation is awesome!!

9012300497_c03d87eb46_z.jpg

HAHAHA! Ohmygosh, that shirt is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: My brother-in-law would totally rock that... I'll have to remember it come September! :laughing:

Wow, such a long update!

Good for you for hangin' with the tarantula. I am actually not afraid of spiders due to years of conditioning (aka living in my parents basement where I saw/squashed/vacuumed a minimum of 10 spiders per year).

Yes, that watermelon candy they actually have and enjoy in mexico! Also one that's shaped like cobs of corn. Our Mexican friend brought us some and DH actually loves it, so he will actually buy that when we go now :sad2:

Ooooh, German CM. Pics or it didn't happen! j/k!

Bummer about the bad cupcake, stuff like that is always sooooo disappointing to me. At least you had some good looking fries.

That picture in the haunted mansion is creepy, but I have no idea what it's from. A hobo burnt down a village?!? :scared:

Oh, and I loved that you just followed a man with a mug to find your way out. Not creepy at all... Next time leave breadcrumbs :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter