"I'M STUCK IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!" A Delightfully Unliveable TR ~ NEW TR 9/27!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmm cheddar cheese soup is perfection!!

Lol @ the Doug reference...I used to love that show. I never knew Disney had a live Doug show...that is completely random...although I do vaguely remember Doug being on ABC Ithink...maybe that is how Disney acquired thr rights...who knows!

Looking forward to more fun...you being stuck in Disney is like unlimited EMH!!

My kids and I loved the Doug Live show at Disney. We were so sad when it closed.

Great set of updates! Glad you're back!

Stinks about Everest though you're not the only one who didn't get to ride it that day. It was down pretty much all morning and into the early afternoon. Some woman at the guest services counter was NOT HAPPY. We were in there for almost 45 minutes trying to extend our stay because of the hurricane and she was complaining the WHOLE time. I get that people really want to ride a certain ride and all but I really felt like telling her you need to check yourself since there are people in the path of a hurricane right now so be grateful your house isn't at risk for being destroyed. I got the feeling she was trying to get some free tickets or something because she kept saying "but Everest is the only reason we came Animal Kingdom".

Anyway, I love how you just randomly meet people and become friends - it makes me think that doing a solo trip one day could actually be a lot of fun and not terribly lonely.

I really wish we hadn't been on the dining plan on our trip (even though it was free) so I could have experienced more of the food and wine booths. Usually I was just to full to want to eat anything. Such a same - everything looks delicious!

Oh and can you say hot German! :rotfl:

Yaaay you’re back! Hope the trip was fantastic and I hope to hear all about it soon!
A nice peaceful afternoon at AK, too bad about the single rider being closed, boo! Love that line!

Bahahaha to the Doug references! Loved that show! Ahahaha, nice picture of the architecture there lol! I haven’t noticed the tangled collection, clearly I haven’t been in too many of the stores. AH, magic walls opening, I saw characters training there one day!

What a great experience making new friends, that’s hilarious that Soarin was open an extra hour, ahaha!

YAAAAY for new updates! I caught up while you were in Florida, so I need new reading material. 5940240203043 updates a day, please.

I've never been to It's Tough To Be A Bug because yuck, but the 3d glasses are so adorable that I'm really gonna have to suck it up and do it sometime. Plus, like you said, Flik is adorable.

"It looks like a bad episode of Doug...if there were any bad episodes of Doug, which I'm guessing there were not." Hahahahahaha

That fine german architecture sure is magnificent. ;)

Minnie dressed as Rapunzel is adorable!! You're right that characters dressed as other characters is like the coolest thing.

I'm really loopy right now, so every time you referred to the Don Draper-esque guy as "Draper" I lost it. I'm dying over here. Like, that should not be so funny, but it is. I'm cackling.

In conclusion, that moth is terrifying.

There were no bad episodes of Doug. There just couldn't be. :)

Hooray for cute guys in the world showcase! There really should be ordained people in every country. How could there not be already? I mean, all the magic just sets us all up for a "so this is love" Cinderella situation. :)

Also, I need that Minnie dressed as Rapunzel like yesterday! Soooooo cute.

Bonus, I totally convinced my husband that we needed to go to wdw for the not so scary party & food & wine this year! We are so excited for food and the parade! i'm definitely expecting to be in tears at the parade. Hopefully, I will also bump into Eugene along the way.

YAY!! An update!!! Can't wait for more and....when are ya starting your next TR? Cause, you know, I can do two things at once and read both reports, which I can't wait to do. LOL.
Patiently awating a new fantastic update...

popcorn::

Oh! And thanks to Flynn doing the dishes this morning, I got all the ADR's I wanted! I'll send him over to your place next. :)

Great updates! I'm sure it was weird being in Disney when so many people were in places not nearly as safe. But its one of those situations where you can't do anything, so you have to make the best of it! At least you got to make the best of it at Disney.

Oh, and the Mickey dressed as Jack Skellington- I had to rip it away from the claws of my 3 year old's hands. He loves Mickey and Nightmare before Christmas. (And we already have a million different stuffed Mickey's. And a stuffed Jack. And a stuffed Oogie Boogie. And stuffed Zero. And he had already duped us into buying a million other things for him that day. So I couldn't really justify it, you know? . . . . I'm already regretting not buying it, of course.)

Hey Lia, welcome back!

I'm so happy you had a deliciously awesome and randomly friendly night at Epcot! Maybe you should have added the "kids, don't try this at home" disclaimer after the running with cheddar cheese update. That might be only for seasoned Disers such as yourself.:lmao:

Thanks for the great updates.:cool1:

I've been following along with your TR and from one solo traveler to another I'm super jealous that you were stuck in Disney! Haha I can only hope that happens to me one day. Can't wait to read more!!!

Yay for going solo! :thumbsup2

Welcome Home. I know it sucks to hear that, but we've all been there. From the tid-bits I picked up over Twitter, it sounded like a FABULOUS time.

Super excited to hear about your latest adventures, especially Monstrous All-Nighter.

Single rider closed on Everest would have "literally" destroyed me. :sad:

Hmmm, deciding between going home or Epcot. Yeah easy choice. :thumbsup2

Having just finished my first ever solo trip (good God it's been a month already, jeesh time flies), I can totally agree with its awesomeness to see and do things you might not otherwise see or do. It's a Whole New World. Plus meeting such wonderful people. Can't wait for more. :goodvibes

Thanks! Yeah I hate it but we had such a great time and I was there so long, I can't complain.

The All Nighter was CRAZY FUN. Honestly there is nothing like it. Imagine the best party you've ever been to... but at the Magic Kingdom.

I love going solo! I really hope I get to do it again sometime soon! Though I think I have Lee-Anne and Gina addicted now.

Welcome back, Lia! It has been hard without your fabulous updates to sustain me. :) I really enjoyed your twitter updates though, and I am really excited to see what trouble you girls got into when you hopefully start that TR. And on a personal note, I just have to thank you for all your Disney details and recommendations that you have put in all your reports, I was able to use them during our week in Disney and it was just that much more magical. And, bonus, my family thought I was Da Disney Bomb. :)

Thank you & Thanks for following along! I am so happy that you were able to use my TR to help make your trip better! That is fantastic to hear because sometimes I'm like WHY do I spend so many hours on these TRs? So it's good to know I'm helping fellow guests! :goodvibes

Solo tripping is just the best!!! I mean, of course I love going with people I love, but sometimes it's just great to have the carefree luxury of doing whatever you want whenever you want! I'm going by myself in September and cannot wait!!! It's been about seven years since I went solo, so I'm pretty excited!

LOVE your story about Soarin'! What a great experience to be running through Epcot with strangers-turned-friends with Cheddar Cheese soup in your hands - does it get any better?!?!?! :cloud9:

Oh yes I agree. I hope you have a great solo adventure in September!

It really was a fun experience! I'm so happy I met them!

Mmm cheddar cheese soup is perfection!!

Lol @ the Doug reference...I used to love that show. I never knew Disney had a live Doug show...that is completely random...although I do vaguely remember Doug being on ABC Ithink...maybe that is how Disney acquired thr rights...who knows!

Looking forward to more fun...you being stuck in Disney is like unlimited EMH!!

Yep, Disney bought Doug and it aired on ABC during One Saturday Morning and in conjunction, the live show started at MGM Studios. I was thrilled! The original Doug was a bit better IMO, but I still liked the Disney one too. They managed to stay pretty true to the original.

That's very true! :dance3:

My kids and I loved the Doug Live show at Disney. We were so sad when it closed.

It was great! I'm pretty sure I have a video tape of it somewhere. I have to find that!

Welcome back, Lia :-)

Your pictures of AK are just fabulous. I may or may not be getting homesick…

Food is like 1000000x better than leaving Disney. #StuckinDisney has its perks!

I just LOVE CMs like that. That is why Disney rocks.

Your picture of the Fountain of Nations >>>

Desserts and Hawaiian sliders. HEAVEN RIGHT THERE.

I need to find myself a hot german guy who likes Rapunzel. I don’t think there are many dudes like that in the world. Except World Showcase.

Great set of updates! Glad you're back!

Stinks about Everest though you're not the only one who didn't get to ride it that day. It was down pretty much all morning and into the early afternoon. Some woman at the guest services counter was NOT HAPPY. We were in there for almost 45 minutes trying to extend our stay because of the hurricane and she was complaining the WHOLE time. I get that people really want to ride a certain ride and all but I really felt like telling her you need to check yourself since there are people in the path of a hurricane right now so be grateful your house isn't at risk for being destroyed. I got the feeling she was trying to get some free tickets or something because she kept saying "but Everest is the only reason we came Animal Kingdom".

Anyway, I love how you just randomly meet people and become friends - it makes me think that doing a solo trip one day could actually be a lot of fun and not terribly lonely.

I really wish we hadn't been on the dining plan on our trip (even though it was free) so I could have experienced more of the food and wine booths. Usually I was just to full to want to eat anything. Such a same - everything looks delicious!

Oh and can you say hot German! :rotfl:

It's so weird that we were in all the same places like every day. haha. What a rude guest though :mad:

My first solo trip was pretty lonely, like I was actually ready to leave by the end of it, but that is totally not the case nowadays. I think it's cause I was 18 then and as I get older I value my alone time a lot more.

Yeah, having the DDP during F&W definitely takes a bit more strategy. What I did was throw a signature meal in there to use up two credits at once and leave more F&W time. Things like that help.

Yaaay you’re back! Hope the trip was fantastic and I hope to hear all about it soon!
A nice peaceful afternoon at AK, too bad about the single rider being closed, boo! Love that line!

Bahahaha to the Doug references! Loved that show! Ahahaha, nice picture of the architecture there lol! I haven’t noticed the tangled collection, clearly I haven’t been in too many of the stores. AH, magic walls opening, I saw characters training there one day!

What a great experience making new friends, that’s hilarious that Soarin was open an extra hour, ahaha!

It was amazing!! You'll hear about it in good time, don'[t worry!

You HAVE to check out the stores! I'm obsessed.

I know! Imagine my surprise after not just running there myself, but telling almost complete strangers that they had to run too. :sad2: hahaha

YAAAAY for new updates! I caught up while you were in Florida, so I need new reading material. 5940240203043 updates a day, please.

I've never been to It's Tough To Be A Bug because yuck, but the 3d glasses are so adorable that I'm really gonna have to suck it up and do it sometime. Plus, like you said, Flik is adorable.

"It looks like a bad episode of Doug...if there were any bad episodes of Doug, which I'm guessing there were not." Hahahahahaha

That fine german architecture sure is magnificent. ;)

Minnie dressed as Rapunzel is adorable!! You're right that characters dressed as other characters is like the coolest thing.

I'm really loopy right now, so every time you referred to the Don Draper-esque guy as "Draper" I lost it. I'm dying over here. Like, that should not be so funny, but it is. I'm cackling.

In conclusion, that moth is terrifying.

I'll try! I want this TR to be done by like, 2015, so I am going to try and update more frequently!

"Because yuck" is a pretty good reason due to ALL THE BUGS. It really is a horrifying attraction. But I still like it. Well, parts of it.

hahaha for some reason I didn't want to put his real name so I thought Draper would do. I'm glad it amused you!

Oh Kara. That moth is NOTHING. Wait til you see the effing bird I saw in Liberty Square one day. I immediately thought "Thank God Kara isn't here" which is something I have NEVER ever thought before because obviously, I would always like you to be present. It was one of those really tall white birds with long pointy beaks that you usually see like, next to a body of water or at least in a semi-wild area, but this bird was just chilling next to a bench in Liberty Square like that was normal! I'm not even afraid of birds but I was a little nervous around this one. I mean, I'm used to seeing little animals in the parks but this thing was HUGE. You would have passed out.

OKAY I HAVE FOUND THE PHOTO. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, EXPLICIT GRAPHIC PHOTO OF KILLER BIRD BELOW.

8939408543_ef36614320_z.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

There were no bad episodes of Doug. There just couldn't be. :)

Hooray for cute guys in the world showcase! There really should be ordained people in every country. How could there not be already? I mean, all the magic just sets us all up for a "so this is love" Cinderella situation. :)

Also, I need that Minnie dressed as Rapunzel like yesterday! Soooooo cute.

Bonus, I totally convinced my husband that we needed to go to wdw for the not so scary party & food & wine this year! We are so excited for food and the parade! i'm definitely expecting to be in tears at the parade. Hopefully, I will also bump into Eugene along the way.

I agree. I very much need a "So This Is Love" moment in the WS with one of the gorgeous CMs. Sigh.

YAY THAT'S AWESOME!!!! Eugene will be at the Town Square Theatre unless anything changes!

Just caught up! :thumbsup2

Awesome!

YAY!! An update!!! Can't wait for more and....when are ya starting your next TR? Cause, you know, I can do two things at once and read both reports, which I can't wait to do. LOL.
Patiently awating a new fantastic update...

popcorn::

Oh! And thanks to Flynn doing the dishes this morning, I got all the ADR's I wanted! I'll send him over to your place next. :)

Sorry, but I'm not starting it until I finish this one. I hated doing two TRs at once last time, so this will be better!

haha, that's perfect!

Also, I have to tell you that I've been reading through your wedding TR and it's great. You planned one heck of a trip! I also have to tell you, I know it was years ago and everything worked out in the end but boy would I have been fuming at your husband's family. Oh my God. Especially when they were reading Orlando books even though you bought them the Birnbaums! What?! I am thankful I read this because now I know that I will absolutely not be the tour guide during my wedding week (if that ever happens haha). I hate doing it as it is, so if it was my wedding week and with people I barely knew who were clueless and uncooperative, that would totally throw the whole celebration off. Anyway I can't wait until I have more time to read cause I have not even gotten to your wedding yet. Also you and your husband are so cute together and I love that you went to WoD after tying the knot in NYC. I miss that place SO much.

Why did our trips have to go by so fast?! :sad:

Ahh, I wish I knew. It really went by in a FLASH.

Great updates! I'm sure it was weird being in Disney when so many people were in places not nearly as safe. But its one of those situations where you can't do anything, so you have to make the best of it! At least you got to make the best of it at Disney.

Oh, and the Mickey dressed as Jack Skellington- I had to rip it away from the claws of my 3 year old's hands. He loves Mickey and Nightmare before Christmas. (And we already have a million different stuffed Mickey's. And a stuffed Jack. And a stuffed Oogie Boogie. And stuffed Zero. And he had already duped us into buying a million other things for him that day. So I couldn't really justify it, you know? . . . . I'm already regretting not buying it, of course.)

You're right. And it's hard not to look on the bright side when you're in such a magical place.

Aww, it's going to be really hard for me to say no to stuff like that when I'm a mom... especially because I am going to want the stuff myself! hahaha.

Hey Lia, welcome back!

I'm so happy you had a deliciously awesome and randomly friendly night at Epcot! Maybe you should have added the "kids, don't try this at home" disclaimer after the running with cheddar cheese update. That might be only for seasoned Disers such as yourself.:lmao:

Thanks for the great updates.:cool1:

Thanks!

It's a good warning. I don't know how a Disney newbie would have faired in such a situation!

Thanks for reading them!

The pickle tree is amusing to me.

8712937216_7ca50df900_z.jpg

Cause like, it's a tree full of pickles. But I also enjoy that not many people know the significance of the pickle tree. So when I tell them, I sound smart. Or weird. You know, whatever.

I have a pickle ornament on my tree at home and everyone always thinks we are crazy for it! I'm happy to see that you understand the greatness of the pickle.​

All caught up! That sounds like a perfect night in Epcot. I would have felt guilty too, but in that situation there is literally nothing else you can do but enjoy your extra time in Disney... and it totally sounds like that's what you did! :goodvibes

I only just found your TR, and I'm only through day one, but I'm really enjoying it.
And to answer your question about how big families afford to eat at WDW...it's all about the free dining!!! pixiedust:

Looking forward to reading the rest!

I have a pickle ornament on my tree at home and everyone always thinks we are crazy for it! I'm happy to see that you understand the greatness of the pickle.[/CENTER]

hahaha I definitely don't think you're crazy! Major pickle appreciation over here.

All caught up! That sounds like a perfect night in Epcot. I would have felt guilty too, but in that situation there is literally nothing else you can do but enjoy your extra time in Disney... and it totally sounds like that's what you did! :goodvibes

Totally! It wasn't easy but honestly what could I do other than just enjoy this magically perfect situation I fell into? It would have been a waste of good luck to mope around and worry the whole time.

I only just found your TR, and I'm only through day one, but I'm really enjoying it.
And to answer your question about how big families afford to eat at WDW...it's all about the free dining!!! pixiedust:

Looking forward to reading the rest!

Thank you so much!! Free dining is the absolute best. I don't think I will ever pay for the full priced DDP.

Lurked for a while...but joining in now that I have an account! I'm a little late...ok maybe a lot late. But better late than never!:crazy2:

Hiiiiii! I just finished reading your whole report (over 3+ days). I can't believe you got stuck in Disney! Much better than getting stuck at home before Disney. Anyway, I probably could have a ton of comments, but all I can think of right now is that your dessert trio inspired me to have a dessert trio when I went out for dinner tonight :thumbsup2 I have to practise my dessert trio-ing before the world, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter