I'm Fluent in Disney Spanish- May 2016 TR *updated 11/16*-COMPLETE

Have fun in WDW! The weather doesn't sound like it will be as bad as originally expected but still not good. I hope you have a fabulous time!
Thanks, weather wasn't great, but at least no hurricane.

Hope you're having a fabulous time, despite the hurricane- YIKES!
The weather stunk for sure :rolleyes2

EMH sound like they were a great time- those wait times are unbelievable!
They were it was such a fun night.

That would be a strange feeling. Glad you took advantage of the opportunity, though. Fun spree of the Fantasyland rides!
It was kind of fun to feel that the park was ours.

How strange that the wait times were like that. :confused:
Very unexpected, but even this past trip now that they're in Norway I never saw times higher then 15, and that was peak, middle of the day :confused3

Wow, that's an unusual wait time too - glad you got a ride!
Me too, I was loving the low wait times

Ha, that would help a lot to not have the other red dots to contend with.
I definitely helped a ton

What a great end to the night! Love the shirt you bought.

Hope your current trip is going great!
Thanks, I love that shirt.

So we've been back from our trip for about a week, and it was not great. There were so many factors that added together made for a pretty miserable trip. That being said, we definitely had some really great moments, but overall I left feeling pretty disappointed, which stunk as you can imagine. So much so, that if we hadn't rented DVC points and bought plane tickets for our January trip, I would probably cancel. It was nothing against Disney, so this is not one of those "I hate Disney, we're never going back" things, but just overall the kids had a difficult time. That being said, I am going in armed with knowledge for our Jan trip, about what types of things the boys can and can't handle and what they enjoy and hopefully things will be a little better then. In order to not leave this on a completely sour note, here is a picture of us before the Halloween Party, all smiles :D, well kind of :rotfl2:.

Day 5: Part 1
I just want to see the floating mountains gleam

Having been out late the night before, we allowed ourselves to sleep in until about 9:30 this morning. We got up and dressed and then made our way to the Poly for breakfast.

I was very much looking forward to Tonga Toast and Kona coffee, and because I had told him so much about it Joe got same thing.

The service this day was so terrible. Our server was slow and I would ask for something and then she wouldn’t bring it. It was a very frustrating experience. I didn’t get to enjoy my coffee because she didn’t bring out cream or sugar until after I was halfway through my meal and by then the coffee was cold. We only got one half a pot of strawberry sauce to share and I knew we would never get more in time, and the Tonga toast was basically just cinnamon sugar toast. There were so few bananas and with almost no sauce, it was just dry and not good.

It was a very disappointing experience and because of it, I would not make a special trip to the Poly to do this again. Since we were staying at the Poly last week, I did make a reservation to give it a second chance and I am happy to report that it was a MUCH better experience. :thumbsup2

After a lackluster breakfast, I was ready for some fun at Animal Kingdom.

It was fun to be able to check out the construction on person instead of through a computer screen for once.

We got into the park around 11:45 and with no set plans besides our FPs which didn’t start for 15 minutes, we decided to check out some of the animals in the Oasis.

I considered doing Wilderness Explorers, but decided to just get a picture instead.

Our first FP was for KS, so we made our way into Africa.

The wait was really long, I think about 80 minutes, so even with a FP we waited about 20 minutes to get on.

Even though this is a bad picture, it was fun to see the lion out

Zebra butts :rotfl:

After our safari, I wanted to check out the Harambe Market.

This was all I got because I got distracted and we went towards the FotLK. It was 12:45 and we decided we would try and get into the 1 o’clock FotLK.

I was so excited to see this because, in 2014 it was down and in 2015 we just didn’t have the time, so there was no way I was going to miss it this time.

I have no pictures besides these three, because I just wanted to enjoy the show.

By far my favorite stage show at Disney. There is literally nothing not amazing about this show, and now I am so excited to take the boys back in January, because this is now a must do. After the show, we pretty much just wandered around. It was weird not to have a plan and not knowing this park very well, we basically just decided that we would stop if we saw something.

Last edited:
Just started reading this TR and I couldn't help but wonder why you got a text that seemed to be from the Caribbean Beach resort??? Am I wrong? My family and I have only stayed at Caribbean Beach in all of our 17 trips....and building 4100 is at CBR. Regardless, great trip report so far. Gives me something to do this week!!!! That's why I love the Dis.

Just started reading this TR and I couldn't help but wonder why you got a text that seemed to be from the Caribbean Beach resort??? Am I wrong? My family and I have only stayed at Caribbean Beach in all of our 17 trips....and building 4100 is at CBR. Regardless, great trip report so far. Gives me something to do this week!!!! That's why I love the Dis.

Good eye, that text was from our 2015 trip when we stayed at CBR, trip report in signature in case you're really bored this week . The second two texts were from Pop. Hope you enjoy my TR, thanks for following along.

I'm sorry this past trip didn't go as expected :( that really stinks.

Ugh, that's dissapointing when a meal doesn't live up to its expectations. I'm glad your second try at Kona redeemed itself!

Great safari pics. Glad you got to see FOTLK!

So we've been back from our trip for about a week, and it was not great. There were so many factors that added together made for a pretty miserable trip.
:sad: Ugh, sorry! I wish your trip had been better!

It was nothing against Disney, so this is not one of those "I hate Disney, we're never going back" things, but just overall the kids had a difficult time.
Darn kids! :rotfl: Adults-only trips from now on! Kidding, I hope you can find ways to make the January trip a more positive experience for all. :goodvibes

The service this day was so terrible. Our server was slow and I would ask for something and then she wouldn’t bring it. It was a very frustrating experience. I didn’t get to enjoy my coffee because she didn’t bring out cream or sugar until after I was halfway through my meal and by then the coffee was cold. We only got one half a pot of strawberry sauce to share and I knew we would never get more in time, and the Tonga toast was basically just cinnamon sugar toast. There were so few bananas and with almost no sauce, it was just dry and not good.
:sad2:

It was a very disappointing experience and because of it, I would not make a special trip to the Poly to do this again. Since we were staying at the Poly last week, I did make a reservation to give it a second chance and I am happy to report that it was a MUCH better experience. :thumbsup2
So glad you had a much better experience the second time around!

By far my favorite stage show at Disney. There is literally nothing not amazing about this show, and now I am so excited to take the boys back in January, because this is now a must do.
I want to see this again too. We haven't yet seen it in the new theater and the last time we saw it was when Izzy was 14 months old - I think she'll enjoy it more now!

Ugh, that's dissapointing when a meal doesn't live up to its expectations. I'm glad your second try at Kona redeemed itself!
Yeah, it was disappointing and this past time te same bad server was still there and I was just hoping we didn't get her again. I'm guess you can tell that we did not, since we had a good time :rotfl:

Great safari pics. Glad you got to see FOTLK!
Thanks, we really enjoyed the show, glad we made time for it

:sad: Ugh, sorry! I wish your trip had been better!
Thanks it was a bummer for sure.

Darn kids! :rotfl: Adults-only trips from now on! Kidding, I hope you can find ways to make the January trip a more positive experience for all. :goodvibes
seriously though we briefly considered it for Jan, but ultimately Connor deserves to go so we're just trying to figure out what's best.

So glad you had a much better experience the second time around!
Me too :thumbsup2

I want to see this again too. We haven't yet seen it in the new theater and the last time we saw it was when Izzy was 14 months old - I think she'll enjoy it more now!
I think she will too, it's quite enthralling

Day 5: Part 2
The Wilderness Must be Explored

As we were looking for our next thing to do, we came across the Up m&g and they were on break so there was only one group of girls standing in line.

I love this area, it is so cute. UP is by far my favorite Pixar movie, hence my outfit for the day, and I through it would make a for a good interaction. We only waited about ten minutes to meet them and it was well worth it.

They loved my ears and my shirt. Definitely one of my best meets of the trip.

Since we were near ITTBAB, we decided to so that next.

I haven’t done this since 2001, and even though it’s been 15 years, I am still scarred by this show and sat on the edge of my seat the whole time. With bugs being one of Connor’s biggest fears, it’s not something I see us doing again either.

By this time our FP for Kali was valid so we made our way to Asia. Another ride I haven’t done since 2001, and this one I was excited to ride again.

We got a locker for our stuff, and while was doing that I was checking the area out.

The wait was decent even with FP, but I didn't mind because I got to check out the amazingly detailed queue.

So I didn’t remember much of this ride, but as we were going down the big drop, I didn’t know it was coming up because one the ride was too short and two it didn’t look that big, so I wasn’t ready for the fact that I got completely soaked. On a hot day it’s not too bad though.

You can't tell in this picture, but I was drenched.

I wanted to dry off some, so we went over to the Maharajah jungle trek.

This area is so beautiful. Even though we never saw a tiger, it was so cool to walk through. I really did feel that I was in the ruins in the jungle.

Last edited:
Day 5: Part 3
Rivers of Light...oh just kidding

It was almost 3 at this point and I was in the mood for a little snack. We decided to try the Yak and Yeti quick service.

I don’t even remember what we got but here’s a picture of it.

It wasn’t bad, definitely hit the spot. I really loved the seating area here, again it was so detailed.

After we ate, I was still pretty wet and didn’t want to ride EE wet, so we facetimed with boys for a little bit. I didn’t feel like I would ever be dry, but our FP was going to expire soon, so we made our way over anyway.

See the RoL seating behind us...no I'm not mad about them not being ready on time :rolleyes1

I asked Joe if he wanted to stay there next time, he didn't get my joke :snooty:

We're here!

Uh oh

Hey look, Epcot

We tried to peek into the Rivers of Light area, which we had originally planned to do this night.

We only had one more area of the park to hit, Dinoland.

Joe being actually 6 years old, needed to play the games, sometimes he’s worse than my actual 6 year old :rolleyes2. It was find because I found a Star Wars toy that I liked for Nicholas, there of all places :confused3. I forget the first game he played, but we played the racing game together and both lost.

See, he's 6

We went over to Dinosaur next. I think we waited about 20 minutes but it felt so long to us.

We made it, we made it!! :cheer2:

Last edited:
I always like Yak & Yeti, the food is tasty and filling!

Lots of really great pictures in this update :)

I always feel like the Dinosaur line takes forever when you're waiting in it!

Day 5: Part 4
Best Disney Meal Ever

We had one final ride for the day, a new to both of us one, Primeval Whirl. I had grabbed a 4th FP for this, which was good because the line was pretty long.

I don’t think Joe liked it, he looked like he might be sick the whole time. I thought it was fun, except for the fact that it feels like your about to fall of the edge the whole time.

At this point, it was about an hour until closing and the park was still really busy.

I was pretty bummed because last year at this time the park was empty and everything was a walk on. I was hoping to take advantage of one of the final times the park had an early close, but it wasn’t going well. We decided to just head back to get ready for the evening. Of course we made some stops on the way out.

This guy was playing and I was having a good time listening to him.

We hadn’t gotten any tree of life pictures yet, so that was our next stop even though the line was long.

And finally, we decided to treat ourselves to a Frappuccino.

When we got back to the room, I think we laid down for a little bit. We didn’t get much rest because I needed to get ready for dinner. I sent Joe to the front desk to pay down the balance on our room with the gift cards we had, which he was never able to do because the line was too long.

After we were ready we drove over to the Yacht Club for our ADR.

Our dinner was at…

We had a very nice server and ordered drinks right away. I don’t remember what I got, but Joe had this smoked turkey thing. You can taste the smokiness, which I found weird in a drink, but Joe liked it.

First came our bread and OMG, this was amazing. They literally roast a clove of garlic and then you spread it over the bread with some butter, I would say life changing good.

Next we had starters. I got the wedge, which was good and Joe got the French onion which was phenomenal, especially compared to the one we had at BoG the night before.

Finally we had our steaks. Joe had the Kanasas City strip with malt vinegar fries, black garlic aioli, and chimichurri. Joe said this was the best steak he’s ever had.

I got the filet with mashed potatoes and subbed in garlic butter and mine was amazing as well.

We also split the truffle mac and cheese, which was so good rich, we weren’t able to finish it.

This is by far, the best meal we've had at WDW and so worth the price. I wish we could go back with the boys, but it's not somewhere I want to take them. It's the perfect date night place and to get away from the craziness of the parks. It was getting pretty late by this point, and on any other night we would have appreciated the slow pace of this nice dinner, but this night we still had more to do, so we were itching to get out of there.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say I'm all caught up now...and I love your day at AK! Definitely a park I tend to overlook but gonna make up for it in December! Great pictures and you two look like you had the best time.

Sorry your Tonga Toast didn't live up to the hype... I heard they changed the bread supplier. And your tonga toast looks different from when I had it a few years ago. :( But I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it better the 2nd time around. :)

I totally forgot Yak n Yeti had a quick service. I'll have to keep that in mind. Oh but your meal at Yachtsman...yum!! Definitely one of our favorite places. I'm taking DH for his b-day dinner this Dec. Looking forward to it. Also, I love your outfit! I hope we get to see a full-length shot of it! You look really pretty!

That's crazy that AK was still so busy that late in the day!

Wow your meal sounds delicious, glad you both enjoyed it.

It looks like you had a great time at MK despite the rain. It sucks, but sometimes those rainy days are the best if you can take advantage of it and make the best of it. It certainly looks like you did and EMH looks like it was a huge success too!

You know what’s annoying? Getting backed up by Jack Sparrow waiting for phantom boats to unload even though there’s no one on the ride.
Dead men tell no tales... or something like that.

After that I noticed that Anna and Elsa had a 5 minute wait, which is pretty much unheard of. I actually really wanted to meet Rapunzel, but her line was 25 minutes, so Frozen sisters it is.
What???? :faint:

We slowly made our way out of the park and we stopped in the Emporium, because I was still looking for a toy for Nicholas. I didn’t find a toy, but I did find this awesome shirt that I’m in love with.

Oh! I like it!

So we've been back from our trip for about a week, and it was not great.
I'm so sorry to see this statement written. I'm glad you and Joe at least got to have this nice adults only trip together since it seems the boys might not be quite so cooperative on the family trips.

They loved my ears and my shirt. Definitely one of my best meets of the trip.
I'm sure they did. You were definitely themed well for them!

Your AK day looks like fun. I'm sorry you didn't win on the Dinoland game. :rotfl2:

I'm glad you got to experience Yachtsman. That was some high praise you had for it! It is definitely a place I'd like to go if we can ever do a date night without the kids.

The meal at Yachtsman looked wonderful!! I hope to go there one day. Where did you get your UP ears? I love them and need them in my life lol.

Just wanted to say I'm all caught up now...and I love your day at AK! Definitely a park I tend to overlook but gonna make up for it in December! Great pictures and you two look like you had the best time.
Thanks, definitely give it love in December especially with all the new stuff.

Sorry your Tonga Toast didn't live up to the hype... I heard they changed the bread supplier. And your tonga toast looks different from when I had it a few years ago. :( But I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it better the 2nd time around. :)
I heard that too, but the bread was fine to me it was the almost no bananas that stunk. So glad we had a better cook and server this time around.

I totally forgot Yak n Yeti had a quick service. I'll have to keep that in mind. Oh but your meal at Yachtsman...yum!! Definitely one of our favorite places. I'm taking DH for his b-day dinner this Dec. Looking forward to it.
Very jealous, I wish I could talk Joe into taking the boys :rolleyes2. I do have Le Cellier booked fro Jan though, so at least it's something.

Also, I love your outfit! I hope we get to see a full-length shot of it! You look really pretty!
Thank you, I went to all the effort and never got a proper picture though :headache:

That's crazy that AK was still so busy that late in the day!
I know, especially since the crowds were so light that whole trip.

Wow your meal sounds delicious, glad you both enjoyed it.
It was highly suggest this one.

It looks like you had a great time at MK despite the rain. It sucks, but sometimes those rainy days are the best if you can take advantage of it and make the best of it. It certainly looks like you did and EMH looks like it was a huge success too!
Definitely, wish we had the same luck with the rain in Sept.

Dead men tell no tales... or something like that.
:rotfl:

I know, it's was only a 15 minute wait in Norway. I think Frozen Fever is ending

Oh! I like it!
Thanks

I'm so sorry to see this statement written. I'm glad you and Joe at least got to have this nice adults only trip together since it seems the boys might not be quite so cooperative on the family trips.
Thanks, I think the weather was so bad and really messed with everyone's attitudes. I have a whole new revamped plan for January and with hopefully better weather, we can enjoy it more.

I'm glad you got to experience Yachtsman. That was some high praise you had for it! It is definitely a place I'd like to go if we can ever do a date night without the kids.
I hope you get to go there someday, it's worth it.

Whew! I think I've caught up! Bummer your September trip ended up being so frustrating.
Thanks, it was certainly disappointing, but we did have some great moments so I try to focus on that

The meal at Yachtsman looked wonderful!! I hope to go there one day. Where did you get your UP ears? I love them and need them in my life lol.
Thanks, they're my favorite ears. I got them from an etsy shop called RatHouseEars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter