I'm Fluent in Disney Spanish- May 2016 TR *updated 11/16*-COMPLETE

Day 5: Part 5
I'm Not a Ruffian

We raced back to the hotel to change once again and then hopped on a bus to MK, for After Hours. So when this event was first released, I thought it was so ridiculously over-priced and thought heck no we’re not doing it. I was fully engrossed in the thread about it here on the DISboards. But when reports came back after the first event, I started to change my tune. For a nearly empty park, it was starting to sound more worth it. In the end though, I still thought that it was over-priced. I had said to Joe, even at $100 I would pay, but $150 was crossing my threshold. So we forgot about it. Then a week before we left, they lowered the price for AP and DVC to $75 and it was too irresistible to pass up.

We entered the park just before CtM, and even though we had already seen it, I couldn’t pass the opportunity to watch just once more.

After, I had told Joe I was okay with missing Wishes, because I knew he didn’t really want to watch again, but was secretly hoping we could get on and off the TTA before it started.

We did miss the beginning, but got another cool vantage point once we got off the peoplemover.

We had no plan for this night, just to wander and do whatever we came across.

Since we were in Tomorrowland and Space was a walk on we went there first.

The CM were letting us pick which side we wanted to go on. First we went right.

While we were waiting to take off, Joe jokingly asked the CM if we could ride with the lights on, of course he was told no. Now I'm not saying the CM did anything, but he did get on the phone right after and the outer lights were on during the ride which did illuminate a lot of the track. And when we rode a few minutes later all the lights were off again. It was kind of cool to be able to look around, but to me part of the fun is not knowing where you're going, so I was happy to ride again in the dark.

After Space, Joe was ready for his first ice cream.

I also met up with Jamie (HokieinPA), since she was there solo this night. We had a nice chat and then parted ways so Joe and I could do Buzz.

Twice, but no picture from the second ride.

On our way over to Fantasyland, we Joe and I each got a frozen banana. Then, I’m not really sure why, but we did Winnie the Pooh.

SDMT, had no wait so we did that.

Again, twice.

There was still one character that I hadn’t met and still really wanted to meet, Rapunzel. She is definitely my favorite of the new princesses, but their wait was always so long, even longer the Anna and Elsa every time. I think A&E had a 5-minute wait and R&C and 15 minute. Now I realize this is still short, but when literally everything else is a walk on, it feels like an eternity. Well we bit the bullet and waited because there wasn’t going to be another time for me to do it and it was so worth it.

I honestly don’t remember anything about Cinderella, but here are the pictures.

Rapunzel though, she asked me about my shirt and I was explaining to her about my shirt and the bride in the haunted mansion and she asked if I was a ruffian. It seriously made me laugh, because I didn’t expect her to say that and then she told me she had her frying pan. I deescalated everything quickly explaining that I was nice and we got a picture.

Since we had our haunted mansion shirts on, we need to go on the ride.

The only bad thing about this night, was I felt so much pressure to do as much as we could and I felt like time was going too fast. We still had so much I wanted to do and only an hour left. We made our way over to BTMRR. We rode first in the front.

And the second time in the back with no one but three CM on the train, and two people in front with us.

I was super cold at this point, it was in the low 60's and I was in a tank top:cold:. But I needed one more ride on Splash, which again was a walk on.

We were going to be pretending to sleep, but I got scared having my eyes closed and this is what we ended up with.

When we got off the ride it was 12:20 and there was just one more thing I needed to do to close out the night, so we leisurely made our way to the front of the park.

There was literally no one around us and it was the most amazing feeling to feel like you had the park all to ourselves.

Continued Below

Our last thing to do was to meet talking Mickey. I am obsessed with talking Mickey, I will never get over the fact that Mickey TALKS to you. It is something I need to do every trip, but going into the trip being unsure about meeting characters, I didn’t want to waste a FP on it and the line is always so long, so now was our chance.

After our meet, there wasn’t really any time to get to a ride, but we’re weren’t about to leave either, so we walked back up Main Street to get some pictures and one more ice cream :mickeybar and soda for the road.

This is when I got my favorite pictures from the trip.

After our little photoshoot, we sat down outside Casey’s to eat our ice cream and the kiss goodnight began to play.

It was everything I wished it had been our first night, but better because there wasn’t a lot of people around. I didn’t want to leave. Even though we had one more full day, I felt the trip coming to a close and it was one of those times you just want time to stop so you can really take in and enjoy the moment your in. We slowly made our way down main street getting more pictures.

Still not wanting to leave, I decided to check out the train station, since I've never really taken the time to look around.

Waiting for a shoe shine

Roy

We thought this was cool, because we live in a really small town that isn't usually on maps. But this one was from the 1800's I think and our town was on it:thumbsup2.

My favorite:lovestruc

It was the most amazing, magical night I have experienced at WDW and honestly well worth even $150 at full price.

We took the bus home and crashed as soon as we got to the room.

Last edited:
I just discovered your TR and am only on day 2 but had to comment real quick. I love these pics! We haven't visited WDW during Food & Wine Festival yet and would love to - the flowers are so pretty! You mentioned you went to a 4D film - can you tell me what attraction that was? Thanks!

Last edited:
That's awesome that you ended up doing the after hours event (and at a discounted rate)! It sounds like it was well worth it, you guys did so many rides! Your pictures with Mickey are adorable! Your late night photoshoot came out awesome :) Sounds like such a wonderful experience at MK!

So we forgot about it. Then a week before we left, they lowered the price for AP and DVC to $75 and it was too irresistible to pass up.
That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to have an opportunity to buy cheaper tickets. I wouldn't hesitate at that price!

There was literally no one around us and it was the most amazing feeling to feel like you had the park all to ourselves.
That's really incredible. I love all the pictures on Main Street with nobody around. I don't know when I've ever seen it cleared out enough to lay down between the trolley tracks without having to fear being trampled!

It was everything I wished it had been our first night, but better because there wasn’t a lot of people around. I didn’t want to leave. Even though we had one more full day, I felt the trip coming to a close and it was one of those times you just want time to stop so you can really take in and enjoy the moment your in. We slowly made our way down main street getting more pictures.
I know this feeling. There's still more fun to be had but you just feel the moment slipping away faster than you'd like.

It really looks like an amazing evening. I'm glad you had an opportunity to experience it.

What an incredible night in the Magic Kingdom! <3 Glad you got to spend that special time with your DH in such a special place!

I just discovered your TR and am only on day 2 but had to comment real quick. I love these pics! We haven't visited WDW during Food & Wine Festival yet and would love to - the flowers are so pretty! You mentioned you went to a 4D film - can you tell me what attraction that was? Thanks!
:welcome: thanks for following along. The flowers are actually during the Flower and Garden not Food and Wine,but I absolutely love Epcot during that time. I have never been to Food and Wine, but the food at Flower and Garden is delicious and the park is beautiful. The film was saw was called Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival. It shows I believe three shorts that were shown in theaters before a feature length film. It is a great way to get out of the heat and rest your feet for 20ish minutes, but definitely not a must do.

That's awesome that you ended up doing the after hours event (and at a discounted rate)! It sounds like it was well worth it, you guys did so many rides! Your pictures with Mickey are adorable! Your late night photoshoot came out awesome :) Sounds like such a wonderful experience at MK!
Thanks it really was awesome, and I'm glad we got the chance to do it while it lasted.

That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to have an opportunity to buy cheaper tickets. I wouldn't hesitate at that price!
I'm so glad I did it, it was well worth it.

That's really incredible. I love all the pictures on Main Street with nobody around. I don't know when I've ever seen it cleared out enough to lay down between the trolley tracks without having to fear being trampled!
:rotfl2: Definitely not something I will probably ever have the opportunity to do again.

I know this feeling. There's still more fun to be had but you just feel the moment slipping away faster than you'd like.
Exactly, kind how every trip feels to be honest.

It really looks like an amazing evening. I'm glad you had an opportunity to experience it.

What an incredible night in the Magic Kingdom! <3 Glad you got to spend that special time with your DH in such a special place!
Me too, probably won't have that experience again :worried:

Day 6- Part 1
Perhaps I will buy that shirt

After another late night at MK we slept in very late this morning, until about 10:30:rotfl2:. We didn’t really rush getting up or getting ready just kind of took it easy. Once I was up and ready for the day, I went to Classic Hall to pay down the balance with my gift cards. When I got there they had already charged my credit card though. It wouldn’t have been a big deal, but I had $500 in gift cards and there was no way I was going to spend it in the next day and a half. Thankfully, the CM was a manager and able to put everything right for me, which I greatly appreciated. After some coffee, we were on our way to Epcot.

We only had one thing on our minds for our last day at Epcot, and that was to try more food from the outdoor kitchens, so we headed right back to the World Showcase. We stopped at one of the F&G merch stands and I eyed one of the shirts. Joe wanted me to get it, but I had already bought two shirts this trip, so I was holding back. Remember this, it will come into play very soon:scratchin.

First we stopped at Pineapple Promenade.

We were standing in line waiting to order and I opened my Coke that I had gotten from the After Hour event the night before and it exploded all over me. Besides it being just plain embarrassing, I was wearing a white shirt, so I couldn’t really hide it. I wasn’t about to walk around all day with a HUGE brown stain on my shirt, there was only one option left, and that was to buy the F&G shirt I had been eyeing earlier::yes::. See new shirt.

It doesn’t match, but still better than a stained shirt.

Back to the food, we got the spicy hot dog and pineapple hard cider.

The hot dog was very spicy, but flavorful and the cider was very refreshing on this hot day.

Next we went to La Isla Fresca.

I didn’t want anything, but Joe got the Jamaican braised beef, which he seemed to enjoy.

We made our way over to Mexico for more F&G food.

Unfortunately nothing really caught our eye other than the Rose margarita.

I actually don’t remember anything about this:confused3.

We also went in to explore the pavilion and ride Three Caballeros.

Time for Mexican it's a small world

Poor Donald :donald:

After the ride, we headed to the next pavilion.

Last edited:
Isn't an empty park just the best! Great pictures after hours. I dream of walking up to any ride and it being a walk on.

Love the new EPCOT shirt.

We were standing in line waiting to order and I opened my Coke that I had gotten from the After Hour event the night before and it exploded all over me. Besides it being just plain embarrassing, I was wearing a white shirt, so I couldn’t really hide it. I wasn’t about to walk around all day with a HUGE brown stain on my shirt, there was only one option left, and that was to buy the F&G shirt I had been eyeing earlier::yes::. See new shirt.
Just like you planned it, right???

I like the new shirt, but I've got to be honest... I think I like Joe's Duck Tales shirt a little bit more.

Day 6: Part 2
One Last Time Around the World

After Mexico, we moved on to Norway, which didn’t have much going on with the construction, but we still had fun looking around.

We quickly moved on to China, where we were excited for another one of our favorites form last year.

We found a nice quiet table off to the side, and we had this beautiful view.

We got the Gaoli Beef Bun and the candied strawberries.

The beef bun had flavorful meat, but I felt the bun was bland and could have down without it. The candied strawberries were delicious as ever.

After our snack, I was excited to check out some of the architecture in the China pavilion.

For once we were actually walking up as the show was starting, so we got right in for the film. Just like the other films, it made me see how beautiful China is and made me want to visit. Afterwards, we had fun checking out the shop.

Pandas are my favorite animal and I about died when we walked into a shop just for panda merch:love:.

I was able to pull myself away without buying anything though.

After China we found a fun photopass photographer out on the bridge between China and the African outpost.

Continued Below

After our mini photoshoot, we moved on to Germany.

He's German and proud of it

We ended up buying some cookies in Germany and thought it would be fun to take home and have the boys try some “exotic” treats that we now had from Japan and Germany. We also stopped at Bauernmarkt.

And we got Chicken Fricassee with Green Asparagus and Peas served with Uncle Ben’s Rice Pilaf and the Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen, also known as the grapefruit beer.

The fricassee, kind reminded me like a casserole or potpie, so I wasn’t that impressed and the beer was too strong for me, but decent enough. We enjoyed watching the trains as we sipped the beer.

The next outdoor kitchen was Primervera Kitchen in Italy.

We got the Frozen Italian Primavera and Mezze Lune Primavera – Egg Pasta stuffed with Ricotta and Spinach in a Creamy Sauce with Spring Vegetables and Pecorino Cheese.

The drink tasted like a slushie you could get from 7-eleven, I think they forgot to put the vodka in it. And the pasta was very good, you can't go wrong with a creamy sauce and cheese in my mind though.

We checked out the pavilion, which probably turned out to be my least favorites, because it was just shops.

We also, picked up some Italian chocolate for the boys to go with their other treats.

Finally, 2 ½ hours into our tour around the world showcase we made it to the American pavilion and therefore completed out mission of exploring every country in the world showcase, number 9 off the must do list:thumbsup2.

And at the last booth, the Smokehouse, we completed number 3 on the list to eat and drink around the world:cool1:.

We got the Pulled Pig Slider with Crispy Onions and Coleslaw, Warm Chocolate Cake with Bourbon-Salted Caramel Sauce and Spiced Pecans, and the beer flight with Funky Buddha Floridian Hefeweizen, Orlando Brewing Company Uncle Matt’s Organic Grapefruit Pale Ale, 3 Daughters Rod Bender Red Ale, Shipyard Maple Bacon Stout.

I didn’t eat the slider, but I think Joe liked it. The, cake was dry and not good at all, and the beer flight I hated. It was too bitter for me and Joe isn’t a huge fan of those kind of beers. We were trying to go outside our comfort zone here and failed epically with the beers. While we were eating, a group of three women and one man sat across from us at one of the picnic tables and the one lady just starts yelling relentlessly at her companions. The worst part is that another man was already sitting at the table and he just sat there awkwardly while she was yelling, I felt bad for him. She just kept going on and on while no one said anything to her or even looked at her. I was trying to get Joe to hurry up so we could get away from her. Finally done eating and escaping the crazy lady, we went into a shop there and were looking at the Alex and Ani bracelets. Joe wanted to get me one for mother day, which was in two days, so I picked out three that I liked and told him to surprise me. I didn’t actually get it until Mother’s day and boys gave it to me, but he got me this one.

While he bought my gift, I went out to the outdoor theater to watch American Music Machine.

They were really good, and I am glad we stayed to watch a couple of songs. We then made our way over to Morocco to try and take the boat back to Future world.

Last edited:
Whoa, sorry I fell so far behind!

IMG_2309_Fotor_zpsqvhhas2k.jpg
Squirrel! :squirrel:

Definitely one of my best meets of the trip.
Glad you got this meet in - one of my favorites too!

So I didn’t remember much of this ride, but as we were going down the big drop, I didn’t know it was coming up because one the ride was too short and two it didn’t look that big, so I wasn’t ready for the fact that I got completely soaked. On a hot day it’s not too bad though.
That's what I dread about that ride. At least it was a hot day and you had lightweight clothes, I guess.

Rivers of Light...oh just kidding
:sad2:

We tried to peek into the Rivers of Light area, which we had originally planned to do this night.
Sorry you didn't get to do it. I'm just hoping we will in December. Looks promising, but can't count on anything.

Joe being actually 6 years old, needed to play the games, sometimes he’s worse than my actual 6 year old :rolleyes2.
Cute! I've never even looked closely at the games.

I don’t think Joe liked it, he looked like he might be sick the whole time. I thought it was fun, except for the fact that it feels like your about to fall of the edge the whole time.
I'm with Joe on that. Only rode it one time (or maybe twice?), but that was enough for me.

First came our bread and OMG, this was amazing. They literally roast a clove of garlic and then you spread it over the bread with some butter, I would say life changing good.
Sounds delicious!

This is by far, the best meal we've had at WDW and so worth the price.
Someday we'll get to Yachtsman! Your meal sounded amazing!

While we were waiting to take off, Joe jokingly asked the CM if we could ride with the lights on, of course he was told no. Now I'm not saying the CM did anything, but he did get on the phone right after and the outer lights were on during the ride which did illuminate a lot of the track. And when we rode a few minutes later all the lights were off again. It was kind of cool to be able to look around, but to me part of the fun is not knowing where you're going, so I was happy to ride again in the dark.
That's very cool! I suppose there weren't many other people on the ride.

Such joy!

Great picture!

It was everything I wished it had been our first night, but better because there wasn’t a lot of people around. I didn’t want to leave.
Sounds like a really cool experience having the park almost to yourselves!

Once I was up and ready for the day, I went to Classic Hall to pay down the balance with my gift cards. When I got there they had already charged my credit card though. It wouldn’t have been a big deal, but I had $500 in gift cards and there was no way I was going to spend it in the next day and a half. Thankfully, the CM was a manager and able to put everything right for me, which I greatly appreciated.
Glad it worked out. We've done this a couple times before - they reversed the credit card charge, no problem!

Ah, beautiful! :cloud9:

Finally, 2 ½ hours into our tour around the world showcase we made it to the American pavilion and therefore completed out mission of exploring every country in the world showcase, number 9 off the must do list:thumbsup2.
Yay! :cool1: Glad you made it the whole way around!

Glad you got this meet in - one of my favorites too!

Sorry you didn't get to do it. I'm just hoping we will in December. Looks promising, but can't count on anything.
Nope, I'm still shocked that 6 months later and still nothing. I'm crossing our fingers for January.

Cute! I've never even looked closely at the games.
Stay away, it's an expensive waste of time :rotfl2:

Someday we'll get to Yachtsman! Your meal sounded amazing!
I hope you do, it's really amazing.

That's very cool! I suppose there weren't many other people on the ride.
Nope, not many. I still think it was probably some very weird coincidence:confused3

Great picture!
:thanks:

Sounds like a really cool experience having the park almost to yourselves!
It was so awesome

Yay! :cool1: Glad you made it the whole way around!
Thanks me too, it was quite the chore :rotfl:

I'm glad you completed your mission of touring WS! I love the PP pictures you got on the bridge.
Thanks, we had some amazing lucky finding good PP guys in Epcot that took different photos than we've seen before.

Day 6: Part 3
Where's My Future?

We walked to Morocco to catch the boat over to Future World.

We had good timing once again and only had to wait a few minutes for the boat.

I still wanted to do Living with the Land, since it’s one of my favorites at Epcot, and we took picture on the way there.

The wait actually said zero minutes, which I am not sure I’ve ever seen, it’s usually five even when it’s a walk on. I tried to get a picture, but this is what came out.

Joe joked that, the wait was so bad, they might want him to check it for them. They were going to give us a red card, but the system was down I guess, probably why it said zero minutes:confused3. It’s weird because we get tons of red cards with the boys, but had yet to get one with trip. Anyway, LwtL was perfect as always.

Always have to get a picture of the mickey

We still had about an hour before I wanted to be over at DHS, so we decided to go on Nemo.

And then we got stuck. This day was pretty busy with school groups and we happened to be sandwiched by two groups of preteens, and when we got stuck they started being super obnoxious yelling and turning their phone flashlights on and shining them everywhere. I think we were stuck for about five minutes and almost at the exit too, I was annoyed to say the least. When we finally were on our way, I couldn’t wait to get out of there and away from the kids. We went on SE again, but I have no pictures and the picture thing wasn’t working for us again. Spoiler: it wasn't working in September either :sad:. After, we stopped to get some more caffeine at Starbucks.

We walked back to the car and Facetimed with the boys on the way over to DHS. We made the mistake of telling them that we were on our way to see the Star Wars stage show and of course they wanted to see it too. We promised to call them back and to show them the show.

With the pressure of needing to film the show, we went straight to the stage 15 minutes before the start and grabbed the last front row spot…and then had to wait in the blazing sun. Joe was filming it for some reason as I Facetimed, so we only got these two pictures from before it started.

If I didn’t have Star Wars crazy fan children, I wouldn't make the effort to see this again. They basically just show a TON of clips and then the character comes on stage for a few seconds. The boys loved it though. The bad part about when we went was the sun was setting making very difficult to see anything when you are basically starring into the sun. After the show, we had a FP for Star Tours before our dinner ADR.

I've never noticed this, but I thought it was cute it looked like an airplane.

No rebel spy again and basically the same sequence we already had earlier in the trip. When they keep the Jakku sequence at the beginning of every ride, it really cuts down on the re-ridability IMHO. Hopefully, in Jan they will have gone back to randomizing it or at least adding in scenes from Rogue One. For our last dinner of the trip, we had an ADR at 50’s Prime Time, so that's were we headed next.

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice time in Future World, except for when you got stuck on Nemo! Can't wait to hear about your last dinner of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter