• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm Fluent in Disney Spanish- May 2016 TR *updated 11/16*-COMPLETE

ashw100

DIS Veteran
Hello and welcome to this happy trip report. We just got back from the most magical place on earth and I can’t wait to share our adventures with you. I bet your wondering who were are.

I’m Ashley, 28 year old stay at home mom/freelancer. I have always loved Disney, but became obsessed with the World while planning our first family trip in 2014.

Then there is Joe, also 28, store manager at a sporting goods store. He did not grow up loving Disney. His first real trip was in 2014 and his love was slow growing. I can happily say after this trip he is a full on Disney convert.

You may have noticed that I said I am a mom and then failed to mention my kids in the intro. Well that's because they didn't come, that's right we were those people that left our kids to go to Disney World. In all fairness the oldest is only six and they've already been twice, plus we brought back gifts to ease our guilt :rotfl2:. Here's a picture of them for reference, also just because I think they're cute and like to show them off.

Other pertinent Trip details:

When-May 1st- May 7th, 2016

Where-Pop Century

Why-We needed a vacation just the two of us and where else but WDW

This was truly the best vacation I have ever had and I hope you will join me as I relive it. So hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Forgot a chapters post so they'll all go here.

Must Do's

Day 1
Here We Gooo
So we just go in and walk right back out?
I'm Fluent in Disney Spanish

Day 2

I'm not cranky, you are

Canada: Big, Wide, and Very, Very Cold :cold:
You Want More Food?
Cousin Brought us too Much Food
And the rain, rain, rain, came down, down, down

Day 3

The Four Keys
It's a Festival of Fantasy
Just a Little Kawaii
Let Me Know

Day 4
Tut, Tut Looks Like Rain
May the Fourth Be With You
We see the backside of water
These Wait Times are Crazy
I Hated it

Day 5
I Just Want to See the Floating Mountains Gleam
The Wilderness Must be Explored
Rivers of Light, Oh Just Kidding
Best Disney Meal Ever
I'm Not a Ruffian
Day 6
Perhaps I will buy that shirt
One Last Trip Around the World
Where's My Future?
You Must Wear a Shirt on Tower of Terror

Day 7
Now it's Time to Say Goodbye
See Ya Real Soon

Final Thoughts

:offtopic:
New countdown :jumping1:
Labor Day PTR

Last edited:
Looking forward to reading about your trip. Especially if it was your best vacation ever. Clearly you didn't let the guilt of leading the kids weigh on you too much.

Any TR that quotes Big Thunder Mountain has my attention.

Glad you've started and SO glad to hear the trip was your best! :goodvibes (You definitely deserved it after the challenges on your last trip!)

Can't wait to follow along! DH and I have done 2 adult only trips since having kids, and are about to go on our third. I can't wait to hear how all your planning panned out!

Following along! We are leaving in 3 days (!) for Disney, and I am so excited! Glad your trip was wonderful :)

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report! Your children are adorable! My kids pout when I go to WDW without them, and they are 30, 35, & 36, LOL!

Can't wait to read! We did our first parent only trip last month and we both agreed it was the best vacation we've ever had, including our honeymoon trip to tahiti! There is something about taking time away with your spouse after youve already established a life together.

Anyway, joining in and can't wait to read!

Here and following along! I really enjoyed our few little meet ups and I'm excited to read about your trip!

Looking forward to reading about your trip. Especially if it was your best vacation ever. Clearly you didn't let the guilt of leading the kids weigh on you too much.
No definitely not. I missed them, but enjoyed all the things we could do without them there.

Any TR that quotes Big Thunder Mountain has my attention.
:thumbsup2

Glad you've started and SO glad to hear the trip was your best! :goodvibes (You definitely deserved it after the challenges on your last trip!)
Thanks, this trip totally made up for it.

Can't wait to follow along! DH and I have done 2 adult only trips since having kids, and are about to go on our third. I can't wait to hear how all your planning panned out!
You're so lucky, it really is a whole different kind of trip. The planning kind of went out the window and I loved it :eek:

Following along! We are leaving in 3 days (!) for Disney, and I am so excited! Glad your trip was wonderful :)
How exciting:banana:, I hope you have a blast.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report! Your children are adorable! My kids pout when I go to WDW without them, and they are 30, 35, & 36, LOL!
Thank you. Too funny, I think it's okay to leave them behind:rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear all about it!
Thanks

Can't wait to read! We did our first parent only trip last month and we both agreed it was the best vacation we've ever had, including our honeymoon trip to tahiti! There is something about taking time away with your spouse after youve already established a life together.

Anyway, joining in and can't wait to read!
Good point, our honeymoon was awesome, but your rightly totally different feel. We seriously had just the most fun and best time ever. Glad you got to experience it too.

Here and following along! I really enjoyed our few little meet ups and I'm excited to read about your trip!
OMG, I have been meaning to PM you. I am sorry I never got to meet back up with you, but so happy to have met you at all :hug:

Looking forward to reading along!
Thanks

Before I started my TR, I wanted to share my must do list with you. I had shared it on my PTR and will post here, to see how well we did throughout the trip.

1. See the kiss goodnight

2. Have a Dole Whip.

3. Eat/drink around the world

4. Enjoy the streetmosphere.

5. Do a Tour

6. See Wishes from outside the park.

7. Have a Drink at Trader Sam’s

8. Watch Wishes from Fantasyland or from a ride

9. Take time to explore every country.

10. See Fantasmic!

We're we able to accomplish it all? Find out :D

Also I forgot to save a chapter's post, so all links will go under the intro to make getting to post easier :thumbsup2

May 1, Day 1: Part 1
Here We Gooo!!

To start the theme of this trip off from the start, I woke up this morning and was not stressed. Usually our travel days are two days long and we fly out in the morning to get the most from the day once we get to our destination. This time I knew I wanted to have some time with the boys and scheduled a later flight. So I woke up, had my coffee and hung out with the boys before we left. I had done all the packing and we just had to get ourselves ready.

We had to leave the house at 10am because we still had an hour drive ahead of us to get the airport. I think we left tire marks we were so eager to get out of there.

I'm kidding, I was actually really sad to leave. My youngest, we trying to come with us and screaming his head off :sad:. I pried myself away and we hit the road. We stopped for some coffee and at Joe’s store really quick and were on our way.

I also got bored on the drive and to a picture to show of my Disney bling.

Don't mind the wrong time on the watch the battery had apparently died and I didn't wear it the rest of the trip:sad2:.
I also screened shot my much more precise countdown, for an exact eta to the start of our trip.

We got to the airport around 11 and parked our car. The nice thing about a small airport is that they are so convenient. The shuttle picked us right up, wrote down where we parked and all we had to do on the way back was call them give them the card and they would drop us right off at our car again. Being so small there are literally no lines so checking our bags and getting through security was a breeze. We had a lot of time to kill so we went to the bar and had a flatbread and some drinks. When it was time to board we got in line. We were flying Southwest and had gotten early bird, which got us group A positions 30 and 31.

The flight was very uneventful, I watched Mockingjay Part 2 and Joe watched something, I don’t remember.

We landed about 10 minutes early which is always nice. As soon as I turned my airplane mode off, I got this text.

I got a Starbucks which has become a landing in Orlando tradition now and then we headed to baggage claim. I don’t want to jinx us but we always have really good luck with getting our bags quickly and this time was no exception. We rented a car with Alamo and made our way over to the rental car area. While we were walking there was a couple in their 80’s I would say and then a separate couple in their 50’s. The younger wife said to her husband that will be us in 30 years dear, in reference to the older couple. It was cute because both couples seemed happy. So I said to Joe, that will be us in 30 years dear and he looked at me like I was crazy:rolleyes:. I guess he didn’t notice either couple:rotfl2:. We made it to our car and had a heck of a time finding one in our category. We finally stopped to ask somebody where we could find a compact and he had literally no idea where any cars were. For somebody who worked there he was woefully uniformed:confused3. So then we found somebody else and he pointed us in the right direction. There was a little bit of a wait when we were trying to leave though. See apart from being on the DIS, I also use Lines which is the app associated with Touring Plans. And someone there had found an amazing discount code for Alamo, which I used and made my price go from $200 to $75 for the week. Well I think the lady was having trouble with it and it literally took 15 minutes for her to let us go:scared:.

So finally we were on the road, making great time and then we hit a wall of cars. We were at a dead stop and it probably slowed us down by about 20 minutes because there was a car accident. Also for any of those who usually drive, I got quite the shock when I went through the toll and was charged 2.25. Usually we hit three tolls that are all under a dollar, and I thought we would still have 2 more tolls at that price, but there wasn’t. I guessed they just condensed the stops down, which was convenient.

Very soon we were seeing this beautiful sight.

Pop is actually very close to this entrance and we saw a sign for it right as we passed under the arch. First we passed AOA, which was where we stayed in 2014.

And then, home for the next week.

Since we already had been checked in we went straight to our room. Having never been here, we got a little turned around, but sorted it out quickly. We got exactly our room request, which is always nice when it works out. We were in the 50’s section, building 1 room 1108. The one negative about it was that we were literally right outside of the smoking section, so if smoke really bothers you, this would be a horrible location. But we were super close to Classic Hall, which was awesome in the mornings when we needed our coffee. Here’s room 1108.

Where were in our room by 5:15, unpacked and not even 10 minutes later ready to go.

We do not waste time on arrival day:rotfl:. We headed over to classic hall to see if they had cases of water.

Literally the only picture we got of the resort, oops

Caribbean Beach resort had water cases last year and it was a lifesaver for us. Unfortunately, Classic Hall had none. I don’t know if they were just out or do not sell them. We did grab refillable mugs. We were not on the dining plans, but I knew we would want coffee in the morning and other drinks during our breaks, plus I use these at home every single day so we can never have enough. Refillable mugs in had we got a drink and headed to the car.

The plan was to bus over to Magic Kingdom, but we really needed water and I wasn’t about to pay $3 every time we were thirsty, so we drove with the plan to stop at the Speedway at the end of the night to buy some water.

So we drove to MK and were greeted by this beautiful sign at 5:59. Just over 2 hours after landing and we were at our first park.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great travel experience. So different and less stressful without the kids! You made good time and I look forward to hearing about your park time!

Yay Disney!

It sounds like you had a nice easy travel day.

I've stayed at Pop just after it first opened and enjoyed it a lot. We always get the mugs too if we're not on the dining plan.

Can't wait to here more!

Don't mind the wrong time on the watch the battery had apparently died and I didn't wear it the rest of the trip:sad2:.
:headache: Of course the watch battery dies on the first day of vacation.

We rented a car with Alamo and made our way over to the rental car area. While we were walking there was a couple in their 80’s I would say and then a separate couple in their 50’s. The younger wife said to her husband that will be us in 30 years dear, in reference to the older couple. It was cute because both couples seemed happy. So I said to Joe, that will be us in 30 years dear and he looked at me like I was crazy:rolleyes:. I guess he didn’t notice either couple:rotfl2:.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

And someone there had found an amazing discount code for Alamo, which I used and made my price go from $200 to $75 for the week. Well I think the lady was having trouble with it and it literally took 15 minutes for her to let us go:scared:.
Wow! That's an awesome discount! Sorry it took so long for her to get everything done for you, but I'd say that was 15 minutes well spent to save $125.

Where were in our room by 5:15, unpacked and not even 10 minutes later ready to go.

I like the collection of mouse ears.

So we drove to MK and were greeted by this beautiful sign at 5:59. Just over 2 hours after landing and we were at our first park.
Not bad at all! Looks like you're off to a great start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter