"If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme." September 2015 TR

It warms my heart to see young families' reports at MK. My profile pic was from 2003! My daughter has finished college and is engaged and my sons are in college! We loved WDW!

I make it a point to see the welcome show at least once every trip :goodvibes Happy you got to experience that- and BOG, too! Even though you weren't blown away by your meal it's still worth it to see inside the castle. We've done lunch once and thought it was just ok; however we absolutely love dinner, have been there 5x, and are looking forward to our 6th time next month :thumbsup2
And it's great that DS will try all those rides even when he's nervous! Much better to try and say " thanks but not again" than to not even try it once like my DS9 used to do :sad2:

LOVE your outfits on this day! And you guys got so many adorable PP pics!

It sounds like you accomplished a lot so far, with a lot of short wait times! That SDMT photo is awesome :rotfl:

I'm so glad you enjoyed FoF..great photos!

Wow, you got a lot done at the MK! Love all of your family photos! I was really impressed with the parade also - we watched it from the train station platform which has a bit of shade and benches to sit on. It also puts you close to the exit to be one of the first on the buses! We watched the MSEP from there also and it was great!

Awwww--you got great parade pictures! We're not usually parade people, but I'll watch that one every time!

When I took the kiddo I nanny and his friend this summer (in June), we couldn't sit on the sidewalk either. It was toasting our buns it was so blazing hot! We ended up skipping the parade and going on haunted mansion--shady line and inside ride! They could use some more shade trees along the sidewalks!

FOF is really well done! I'm so glad we got to see it!

Agreed more shade would be fabulous!

Joining in! Love the MK outfits!

Hi! Glad you are here! Thank you!

It warms my heart to see young families' reports at MK. My profile pic was from 2003! My daughter has finished college and is engaged and my sons are in college! We loved WDW!

Awe, looks like you all made great memories! Taking my kids while they are young was a huge priority to me, they are only young once. I will miss these times dearly when my kids are in college. Although I head from couples we met on the trip that coming back to WDW without kids is an enjoyable time too.

I make it a point to see the welcome show at least once every trip :goodvibes Happy you got to experience that- and BOG, too! Even though you weren't blown away by your meal it's still worth it to see inside the castle. We've done lunch once and thought it was just ok; however we absolutely love dinner, have been there 5x, and are looking forward to our 6th time next month :thumbsup2
And it's great that DS will try all those rides even when he's nervous! Much better to try and say " thanks but not again" than to not even try it once like my DS9 used to do :sad2:

Sounds like we should definitely try dinner at BOG next time, thanks for sharing your experience!

I told DS that he should try things at least once before he makes up his mind. We watched a lot of you tube ride videos before our trip to try and get him prepared, he has anxiety so I figured if he saw the ride first, it might make him more comfortable when we were there. Honestly, I expected him to go on less rides than he actually did. But how scared he was at shows caught me off guard.

LOVE your outfits on this day! And you guys got so many adorable PP pics!

It sounds like you accomplished a lot so far, with a lot of short wait times! That SDMT photo is awesome :rotfl:

I'm so glad you enjoyed FoF..great photos!

Thanks!

Yes, we loved the wait times for the most part! HAHA, I just love that photo!

Amazing, thank you!

Wow, you got a lot done at the MK! Love all of your family photos! I was really impressed with the parade also - we watched it from the train station platform which has a bit of shade and benches to sit on. It also puts you close to the exit to be one of the first on the buses! We watched the MSEP from there also and it was great!

Thank you! We watched Wishes from the train station, I enjoyed that spot. I bet it would be a great view and convenient for a quick exit for parades.

MK 9/2 Part three

After the parade, we headed out of MK to the monorail. Taking the monorail was awesome, being able to push the stroller on with DS asleep was a huge perk. DD thought riding the monorail was fun and really liked it when we went into the middle of the Contemporary.

We got to the Contemporary at 3:45, our dinner reservation wasn't until 5:00. However, we were not complaining. We were thoroughly enjoying the A/C and just relaxing, DS was sound asleep anyways so it was a perfect time to let him have that time.

A very friendly CM came and chatted with us for a bit. He told DD a few Disney jokes and she also traded pins with him.

She surprised me how much she liked pin trading, she was always looking at CM's lanyards and ended up trading a lot. DS even traded a few too.

After that we browsed the 2 gift shops near Chef Mickey's. I like to buy the kids each a shirt from our Disney trips and found the perfect ones for them here.

DS is obsessed with Darth and I loved how he was in a ride and enjoying a Mickey Bar.

DD loves anything tye dye and pink is her favorite color, so this was the perfect shirt for her.

I also found my typical souvenir of choice, a sweatshirt. We had great luck with those stores, score!

We figured that we were close enough to our reservation time that we parked the stroller, woke DS up and checked in.

Our buzzer went off shortly after taking our pictures. We sat down, I got all the autograph items out and my camera ready and just in time for Donald to stop by!

DS wasn't freaking out and seemed excited for the characters, phew!

Minnie was up not long after Donald.

We had a bit of a break so I was finally able to grab food, the shrimp, salmon, and halibut were my dinner favorites. Raspberry cheesecake was my favorite dessert.

This picture is awful, but it makes me laugh. The kids were joining in on the fun of napkin twirling and really getting into it. This lady walked behind DS and he totally wacked her, we apologized and she just laughed.

Last but not least Mickey!

I was so thankful DS enjoyed the meal and characters this time.

We were all full and ready to head back to our hotel. We jumped back on the monorail, DS thought it was awesome (he was wide awake this time round)!

We caught a bus right away back to POP and had a lovely conversation with a couple from Tennesse, I could have listened to their accents all day!

When we arrived back at POP, we all got our swim suits one and jumped in the pool. We swam for an hour and a half while watching lightening in the sky, a very relaxing way to end our busy day.

What a great time at the Contemporary doing some shopping and having dinner! Love all your Chef Mickey pictures, especially the ones in front of the plate. And the photo of DS wacking the lady with the napkin is too funny :rotfl2:And capping the night off at the pool sounds perfect!

Aww, you got lucky with a nice Belle! My son ended up being the Beast and my niece was a horse. We missed a good picture with her and Belle and not only would they not let us take another picture, but they wouldn't let my daughter take a picture either. Glad you got lucky!

What an awesome Magic Kingdom day. Your shirts are super cute. I can't believe the grey stuff from home was better. I need to try making it again, since I messed up on my movie night grey stuff. It's so nice when they nap in the stroller. I miss those days.

What a great sounding day! I love that Darth Vader shirt. I never saw that one during our trip last month - it's too cute! I did see a coffee mug with Yoda and the phrase "judge me by my size, do you?" and it showed him not meeting the height requirement for a ride. I think he was wearing Mickey Ears with his name stitched on the back and he was holding a Mickey ice cream bar. Now I'm wishing I would have bought it! :laughing:

Looks like a fun meal at Chef Mickey's and a relaxing evening at the pool!

Eeeek! What a start to your trip! The kids look like they had so much fun! I really want a baby pegasus like your DD has, he is the cutest thing! Can't wait to read more!

Last edited:
I love your chef Mickey pictures! So fun!! Did you get pins off eBay to trade with? We've never done it although I think our girls would like it.

What a great time at the Contemporary doing some shopping and having dinner! Love all your Chef Mickey pictures, especially the ones in front of the plate. And the photo of DS wacking the lady with the napkin is too funny :rotfl2:And capping the night off at the pool sounds perfect!

Thanks! Yea, that picture is hilarious, I had to share it.

Aww, you got lucky with a nice Belle! My son ended up being the Beast and my niece was a horse. We missed a good picture with her and Belle and not only would they not let us take another picture, but they wouldn't let my daughter take a picture either. Glad you got lucky!

Oh wow, I am sorry you didn't get a good picture with your daughter :( especially when she was in the show. I went into the show expecting my kids to not participate which I heard meant no picture with Belle. I think it was more the photopass photographer who was awesome. He took a million pictures during the show and of each child with Belle several times. He handed everyone a PP card as we were leaving, so we had all the pictures from the show and after.

What an awesome Magic Kingdom day. Your shirts are super cute. I can't believe the grey stuff from home was better. I need to try making it again, since I messed up on my movie night grey stuff. It's so nice when they nap in the stroller. I miss those days.

HAHA I know, I couldn't believe the grey stuff at home turned out to be our favorite. Definitely try again!

Yes, I am so thankful DS will still nap in strollers if he is tired enough.

What a great sounding day! I love that Darth Vader shirt. I never saw that one during our trip last month - it's too cute! I did see a coffee mug with Yoda and the phrase "judge me by my size, do you?" and it showed him not meeting the height requirement for a ride. I think he was wearing Mickey Ears with his name stitched on the back and he was holding a Mickey ice cream bar. Now I'm wishing I would have bought it! :laughing:

Looks like a fun meal at Chef Mickey's and a relaxing evening at the pool!

I thought the Darth shirt was pretty perfect!

I didn't see that coffee mug, that sounds pretty perfect too!

Eeeek! What a start to your trip! The kids look like they had so much fun! I really want a baby pegasus like your DD has, he is the cutest thing! Can't wait to read more!

They had a blast!

I know that baby pegasus is SO cute! DD loves it and it is her favorite stuffed animal she got there.

I love your chef Mickey pictures! So fun!! Did you get pins off eBay to trade with? We've never done it although I think our girls would like it.

Thank you!

Yes, from what I hear ebay is the way to go. I heard a lot of people complain because so many people buy fake pins and trade with CMs that you don't want to spend a ton on authentic ones because trading most likely will get you scrappers. So I bought a bag of 25 off ebay and split it between my kids, I got Disney lanyards for $1 at Party City. I really didn't think they would get as excited as they did, but now I don't think we can go to Disney and not pin trade. I'm sure your girls would love it!

Chef Mickey's looks like such fun!!

I'm so glad your kiddos like pin trading!! We love it; great way to start a conversation in a line!!

And my sis says not to worry about trading fake one; a CM has the ability to swap out a fake ion for a real pin, so that CMs aren't trading fakes with guests.

Nothing like an evening swim after a great day at MK!!

Last edited:
AK 9/3

It was back to really hot and humid and we were headed to the hottest park, Animal Kingdom.

We already busted out the spray fan as you can see.

We arrived at Animal Kingdom by 8:40am. We were let in slightly early.

We were heading straight to EE (as I didn't FP this one), but as we passed Adventure's Outpost a CM was saying there was only a 5 minute wait to meet Mickey and Minnie. We decided to go for it, I had a FP for this on another day but getting it done now meant we could change it later.

DS was too cool this morning to take pictures I guess.

We made our way to Everest, I jumped in the single rider lane and walked right on. This ride was SO much fun. My stomach felt queasy after going backwards, but so fun.

I found DH and kids sitting in a shady spot, DH was already so miserable. DD was crying, I asked what was wrong and she was upset because she had wanted to go on Everest with me. I had no idea, so we got right back in line and walked right on. I explained the ride to DD as we were going, she was scared on it. She ended up not liking it at all.

Our Dinosaur FP was approaching, we made our way into Dinoland. DS decided he was not going to go on this one. I told DH to take DD and then I could go on after, but he decided to wait with DS instead. I was nervous for this ride even though I knew the track was similar to Indiana Jones at DL. It was a piece of cake, I liked it. DD was not a fan at all.

DS saw the Triceratop spin and wanted to go, but it was time to make our way to Tusker House for our brunch. I was so hungry and still not feeling too well from Everest, A/C, food and some jungle juice was much needed!

The characters came so fast that we missed Donald :( Since we saw him last night at CM it wasn't a huge deal, but still a bummer.

Daisy was looking super cute in her safari attire.

DS was still being a little shy this morning.

Heya Goofy! DS was all for Goofy! DD missed him :(

DS and I went to get food and missed Mickey. Darn it, we were not having good luck. DS was upset.

Mickey made the rounds again, thankfully and his handler came and asked Mickey already stopped by right? We said yes, but DS didn't get to say hi. Mickey stopped by again and I am so glad, his interaction with DS was awesome and DS was SO happy!

Tusker House was good, my favorites was the ham and the juice. DS ate his weight in doughnut holes and DD enjoyed the tator tots best.

We finished eating earlier than expected, so we changed the time of our safari FP.

It surprised me just how bumpy the safari was and how hard it was to get decent pictures. Our guide was very obviously new, she had many long pauses between words and lots of stuttering. It was really hard to enjoy the ride and I felt so bad for her. I can't imagine having to be put under that pressure and have to remember that massive amount of information.

Now cue several safari pictures...

AK 9/3 Part 2

We wandered down the Pangani Forest trail.

The naked mole rats were fascinating with how they lived like insects under ground.

Cute little meercats are always entertaining to watch and of course they're all named Timon according to the kids.

The kids wanted a picture of one of the little lizards we saw every where!

The gorillas were stinking cute, especially the 1 year old.

After the trail we ventured off to find where the Festival of the Lion King show was. We timed it perfect and got right in and good seats in the giraffe section.

These guys were so neat to watch!

This show was incredible!!! The costumes alone were fantastic! We all liked this show...well except DS. The fire part scared him even though we were very far from the stage.

Since we didn't get much time in Dinoland, we took a hot trek back there. We went on triceratop spin, the kids liked it. DD and I went twice, the air breezing by us really helped.

The kids wanted to get a few souvenirs and there was a shop in Dinoland, both kids picked out something. The CM that rang us up was from Austrailia and I could have sat all day and just listened to her talk. DD also pin traded with her, she was very sweet.

We were in need of a cold treat, we found an ice cream cart nearby.

After finishing our treats, we went in to see the Finding Nemo the musical. The show was about to start so it was quite full, we sat in the bleachers at the very top. I really liked this show, it was cute and the songs were catchy. The kids got bored and DH took a little nap, I think a seat up close may have held their attentions longer.

Our Kali River Rapids FP window was now open. DS refused to go. So again it was DD and I, we both had a blast and welcomed getting wet. We wanted to go again, but the boys were wanting to move on.

It was nearing park closing, so we grabbed dinner at Flametree BBQ. I got the chicken and ribs combo with beans, jalapeno cornbread and chocolate mousse. I thought it was very very good! DH got the pulled pork sandwich with out the pickeled slaw, beans, jalapeno cornbread and chocolate mousse. DD and DS got PB&J, grapes and a cookie.

We all enjoyed our meal here minus the obnoxious birds! A duck we named Daisy was trying to eat some crumbs on the ground and the birds would attack her so they could eat it instead. The kids kept trying to scare the birds away from Daisy.

With our bellies very full, we did a little more shopping and closed the park. We caught a bus back to POP and enjoyed a nice swim to cool off for a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter