• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you are PIF, and DCL gave you the chance to cancel w/o penalty, would you?

I don't understand the question. Why would you want to cancel after PIF? Is this a question about the terms of their cancellation policy or is it some reaction to the alcohol policy? Im confused.

It means Paid In Full

thank you! I honestly couldn't figure that out!!!!

Our answer is NO. We are in the process of booking our 4th DCL cruise for summer 2016. I'm sure I'm overpaying (even more) as I'm so late to the party. But the thought of doing anything else next summer just doesn't make me as happy.

No. And I will book another one onboard for the future.

My DD & I love cruising DCL and plan on cruising on many more.

No not this time and we are one of the PIF ones that sail in nov! We can't do that to our kids now who are excited for their first cruise, but I can pretty much we won't be back to DCL, which is unfortunate cause we love Disney. But we can take our girls on a cruise for much less and pretty comparable at that. We'll save Disney character fun for WDW I guess!

No I wouldn't- but I am seriously considering not rebooking on board. They have changed two things since our PIF date. They have a few more weeks until our sail date to add to the list ( hopefully not). I can't book another vacation where amenities/ services/ policies advertised when I pay are taken away when I sail.
You said they have changed TWO things since your PIF date. What was the other ADVERTISED thing that they have taken away?? Because DCL NEVER advertised or promoted mickey mail. That was just a pixie dust perk....never advertised by them...only by others outside of DCL!!! ;)

Sounds like DCL wouldn't lose a lot then for those who are extremely disappointed in the new policy and should offer the opportunity to cancel for those that no longer are interested in sailing with them, given the policy change. We've had much better experiences on other lines and would welcome the opportunity to let DCL cancel us with a refund. As others have mentioned, they could sell our room at a higher rate and we could happily move on. Too bad they're not responding to emails beyond reiterating the new policy.

You said they have changed TWO things since your PIF date. What was the other ADVERTISED thing that they have taken away?? Because DCL NEVER advertised or promoted mickey mail. That was just a pixie dust perk....never advertised by them...only by others outside of DCL!!! ;)
When I turned in my photo mats to guest services, I had to fill out a form with our info, character preferences, etc.. So it wasn't a "secret , keep it on the down low perk." They had a form u had to fill out. I think i read that at one point pillow cases were sold at the gift shop so that is in fact peomoting it if what i read is correct. And the fact that they had to announce its cancellation tells me it was a big enough amenity/ perk, etc... But you're right, I don't think it is listed in any brochure.

No. Booked it for the kids not the alcohol. If we were sailing with adults only (or kids that were out of the Disney phase) we would not have gone with DCL to start with because of the cost.

No our cruise is before the policy change, and we got a good price. I will not be rebooking onboard. I'm not happy about the alcohol policy, but that's not the main reason. The Disney premium is just getting ridiculous. I will cruise DCL if I get a discount...if I don't then I guess it's time to give RCI or NCL a try.

No!!! I love my Disney Cruise Line vacation! It is something I look forward immensely and I am not going to let a policy that does not affect my family and me ruin an opportunity to go on our home on the sea. Honestly, I think there could only be two things that could keep me away from DCL, a huge increase in the price of the inside staterooms and if the cruise line became un-Disneyifed (Particularly the character meet and greets).

I just finished a DCL cruise and don't have another specific cruise on the books (though we do have a placeholder.) Although I don't really agree with the change in DCL's policy, it has no effect on whether I would keep or cancel a cruise with them since I don't drink much and have never brought alcohol on. I would be more upset if they wouldn't let me bring my son's shelf-stable milk on.

I won't be canceling what we have but I won't be booking again either. The fact that DCL wants to be industry standard while charging much more than the rest of the industry tells me I can get a similar experience elsewhere for far less money. Add tired itineraries, mediocre food and an unchanging line up of shows and I don't see any reason to stick around. While the policy change doesn't effect me this time, it is only a matter of time before they change something that is important to me.

When I turned in my photo mats to guest services, I had to fill out a form with our info, character preferences, etc.. So it wasn't a "secret , keep it on the down low perk." They had a form u had to fill out. I think i read that at one point pillow cases were sold at the gift shop so that is in fact peomoting it if what i read is correct. And the fact that they had to announce its cancellation tells me it was a big enough amenity/ perk, etc... But you're right, I don't think it is listed in any brochure.
Not to start a big fight or anything, but it still wasn't advertised. I went on two cruises before I discovered Dis and knew nothing about the autograph "perk". It's mentioned nowhere in their literature or in the Navigators. Guess I would call it taking away a service advertised by the Dis....not disney.

Last edited:
No, but only because it's the whole household going and it will probably be the last Disney cruise where we can go with our 16 and 17 year old as kids. We're already looking into our next cruise as a non-Disney cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter