If I don't get in, we're going to Disney.. PTR for 8/25/09! Now with Fact of the Day!

Awww :flower3: I was going to leave a lime-green-mickey-head-hello at the Pop as a surprise for you two but I don't think you'll get it now :lmao:

:rotfl: Aww, thank you!

You know, I'm a little sad about not staying at POP now.

:confused3 What happened to my "elitist nature," as Lou likes to call it? :rolleyes1

I'm going to miss having a pool party with everyone... hopefully we still can meet up at the parks on some day.

All righty, just got caught up! So exciting to read a PTR of someone I know in real life!! Let's see:

* I saw Lou and I didn't even know it!!! The DBF wanted to go on Codzilla for his birthday and we did....it was ok, didn't help that it was FREEZING out in the Harbor. But as soon as I saw his picture and you mentioned his job I remembered him immeadiately; he did a great job!

* I can't believe your trip is so soon!!! I wish I could take the DBF but.....he's anti-Disney:sad2: That and financially strapped means a trip's not happening anytime soon...but I'm trying to rope some friends into going next summer, I'm just itching to start planning a trip!

* Have you read KathyRN137's Adventures in Autism trip reports? She's got three I think, and they're absolutely hysterical, the stuff that happens to her family. If you're looking for trips to read head there, they kept me mightily entertained at work.

* Can't believe you got an upgrade to SSR!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

All righty, just got caught up! So exciting to read a PTR of someone I know in real life!! Let's see:

* I saw Lou and I didn't even know it!!! The DBF wanted to go on Codzilla for his birthday and we did....it was ok, didn't help that it was FREEZING out in the Harbor. But as soon as I saw his picture and you mentioned his job I remembered him immeadiately; he did a great job!

Yay! I'm glad you liked it (at least sort of)! When did you go? It's an awful day for it today, but he has to stay because they have a 6 o'clock boat, even if they don't take any other boats out.

* I can't believe your trip is so soon!!! I wish I could take the DBF but.....he's anti-Disney:sad2: That and financially strapped means a trip's not happening anytime soon...but I'm trying to rope some friends into going next summer, I'm just itching to start planning a trip!

Just think of all the money that you made this year being an OL - save that for Disney! And going with people who will actually enjoy it will be so much better than having someone drag you down... :faint: Lou still doesn't understand why we need to get there at rope-drop. Ack!

And no matter how many times I've explained the room-key/charge card thing to him, he still wants to bring cash to pay for everything.... :headache:
I'll try again one more time.

* Have you read KathyRN137's Adventures in Autism trip reports? She's got three I think, and they're absolutely hysterical, the stuff that happens to her family. If you're looking for trips to read head there, they kept me mightily entertained at work.

I haven't yet, but I've heard of them. I shall do that (probably today) to make time go by.

* Can't believe you got an upgrade to SSR!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

I can't either! It's like Disney apologizing for not letting me into the CP. I'll take lots of pictures. Probably so many that you'll get sick of them, actually. :lmao:

Oh, thank you very much Mickey_Mom! I hadn't been able to find them, so this is great.

And BelleBway, I'm going to have to be careful at the dessert party now! If our room wasn't ready before we go to the park, he won't know about it until we get back! That means I have to keep my mouth shut about it around you!

Are your nieces getting really excited?

And BelleBway, I'm going to have to be careful at the dessert party now! If our room wasn't ready before we go to the park, he won't know about it until we get back! That means I have to keep my mouth shut about it around you!

Are your nieces getting really excited?

ooooh, thanks for mentioning that so I'll know not to ask you about it!

I haven't seen them for a few weeks due to illness and stuff, but I should see them tomorrow! They have no clue what it's like to be at WDW and I have so many little surprises planned on top of that. I can't wait to see their reactions- starting when I go over all the plans with them at the airport. :rotfl:

So I totally forgot to say anything about it yesterday, even though that was the reason I came on to post.. so now I have to say it here:

THERE'S (less than) ONE MONTH UNTIL DISNEY!

That's right! As of today, we officially have less than one month left! :scared1::woohoo:

So many times today, I thought about getting there, and I got butterflies in my stomach. I'm so excited!

Tomorrow (well, today, since it's 12:59 am), Lou is coming over to my house and we're going to watch the Disney Planning DVD he got (that I sent him), make a Garden Grocer list, etc. I just can't let him get on the Dis, so he doesn't see anything that will ruin the surprise. :rolleyes1 I have a great plan to capture his reaction:

I'm going to say "oh, I'm going to take a picture of our room number for the DIS" but really set the camera on video, and then have him open the door while I furtively film him. Then I'll show everyone when we get back! :rotfl:

Yesterday, to celebrate one month left (and because he loved the food on Friday), Lou brought me onto a boat (the Majesty) he was working for two days because the narrator has swine flu, so he covered for the guy during his lunch break from Codzilla.

It's a lunch cruise, so he still gets fed, and it has lots of good food. :cloud9: After he narrated part of it, he came down and ate with me, then went back up and did some more while I ate dessert (strawberry shortcake, yum!)

Then he scared me by poking me and saying "Hey" :scared1:, I didn't know he was going to come back down! He invited me into the wheelhouse, where I got to meet the captain (she's incredibly nice!) and sit there for the rest of the time, so I had a great view!

We looked at the time while we were eating and realized that at that time we should be at our hotel next month! And then when we talked later that night while I was looking up a bus schedule for him, we realized that in a month, we'd be sitting down at the Dessert Buffet!

This is so exciting! I'm waiting for my new Magical Express luggage tags, and then we're done with mail and stuff until we leave!

I went to the store the other day to buy a few things:
::MickeyMoBenedryl because his hands swell up sometimes (we don't know why), and he has seasonal allergies, and because I sometimes have trouble breathing, which I also think is seasonal allergies, but I'm not sure.
::MickeyMoHe bought a new water bottle the day we got the upgrade, it has one of those gel tubes in it that you freeze - that one's going to be his, I'll use my little Kool-Aid and Lemonade packets in plastic bottles, thank you very much! (Yes, I will probably end up stealing his water, I know.)
::MickeyMoSPF 70 sunscreen - It was only a dollar more than the SPF 35, and I don't know if he'll have had the surgery on his shoulder to remove a mole that the doctor didn't like (I forget if I told this story already?). If not, better safe than sorry.

I think that's it for now.... it's getting close! And for a lot of you who are reading this, you're going before me, so it's even closer for you! :woohoo:

Are we all excited? :dance3:

Great update! I'm super Excited!!!!! :woohoo: I really can't wait! I just got back from my MINI Hershey Vaca now it's time for a real vaca!!!!
That's great you got to ride a different boat the view you had sounds awesome! I have to sit down and make all my days out etc...etc.... I'm behind this year I'll do that in work this week if we're slow! Cheerleading starts this week so it's major crunch time and I might not be around here as much!! I'm going to have to log on late at night!!!!;)

29 Days!! :cool1: That's so fun realizing where you'll be at certain times. And a nice way to think about it on a boat cruise!

Watching the DVD sounds like fun, I think we'll do that today too. ;) And your sneaky video plans sound like it'll work no problem :laughing:

I don't remember the mole story. :eek:

Great update! I'm super Excited!!!!! :woohoo: I really can't wait! I just got back from my MINI Hershey Vaca now it's time for a real vaca!!!!
That's great you got to ride a different boat the view you had sounds awesome! I have to sit down and make all my days out etc...etc.... I'm behind this year I'll do that in work this week if we're slow! Cheerleading starts this week so it's major crunch time and I might not be around here as much!! I'm going to have to log on late at night!!!!;)

Don't you do that already? :rotfl:

I read about your Hershey Vacation - besides the rain, it sounded nice!

For Cheerleading, is it Pop Warner cheerleading? Do you go to Disney with them? If not, I might suggest a switch in teams. ;) Just kidding!

29 Days!! :cool1: That's so fun realizing where you'll be at certain times. And a nice way to think about it on a boat cruise!

Watching the DVD sounds like fun, I think we'll do that today too. ;) And your sneaky video plans sound like it'll work no problem :laughing:

I don't remember the mole story. :eek:

:rotfl: Alright, well, advance warning then, it's Semi-Gross Story Time!!

So I don't know if it's an Italian thing or just a Lou thing, but he's got a lot of... "beauty marks". :lmao:

A couple of them worry me, especially because his family tends not to wear sunscreen. He's better about it, and at least he doesn't go tanning like the rest of them, but when his family doesn't even own sunscreen, that's a problem. So I kept nagging (yes, nagging, because I know my mother is reading this and that's what she says I do... :lmao:) him to get a body scan at a dermatologist. And FINALLY, after a really long time, he finally did.

And guess what? I was right. He has a mark on his shoulder that's about as big as my thumbnail, if not bigger, and it's really pigmented. So those things combined worried me. And the doctor too, because she said he had to get it out. Immediately. And scheduled an appointment for the next week. Which he then canceled so we could go to the Cape. :headache: But when his mom called to cancel, she was supposed to reschedule it, and I guess she didn't.... she also was in the "Danica is just worrying over nothing" crowd.

And now, he and his mother haven't been home together for the past couple days (because he works the day shift, and her the night), so he hasn't been able to reschedule... and after this upcoming weekend, he's working every day for the next week and a half or so. And then he has a little buffer (and hopefully they have still have open appointments then), and then it's Disney!

And I don't want to have to take stitches out on my Disney trip, but I will if I have to. But what I really don't want on my Disney trip is a call telling us that it was cancerous, after they do the tests, and that he has to go back and get more taken out - he's already going to have a big scar on his shoulder as it is.

Phew! And there you go, there's the story.

Sorry you asked? ;)

Not at all! Those kinds of things are scary to be sure, but I also have a co-worker who gets these 'beauty marks' removed all the time. He's so nonchalant about them that he's sort of jaded me on their seriousness and he's quick to always say there's nothing to it, just another day do-do-do :rolleyes1.

Have it done and enjoy yourselves. And huge kudos to you for making him check it out!!! Nagging or not - you were right!

Your lunch cruise sounds like fun! I meant to tell you - we love BHC and always do at least one every summer. I would do the Codzilla, but I'm not too crazy about getting wet, so it's probably not for me. DH and the kids would love it though, so maybe I'll send them sometime!

You could always sit in the front - those people don't get (as) wet (and sometimes even not at all)! And you could say hi to Lou and confuse him so much - it's almost worth it just for that!

And if I get a job there next year, as I might, looking at his steadily increasing bank account, then you can visit me too! :rotfl:

How awesome for the upgrade. I am so jealous of all you going. I know I went once this year, and thats more than alot of people do, but I just so want to go again. LOL!
I have decided to really work on paying down some debt I have, and then saving any extra cash after that so that I can do maybe a second trip in the future.

:banana::woohoo:I hear you got an upgrade!!! :cheer2::yay: We'll miss you at Pop but we'll still meet up and hang out if you want! Our trip is just a few days away now!!! Can you believe it? Days....not months! :)

:banana::woohoo:I hear you got an upgrade!!! :cheer2::yay: We'll miss you at Pop but we'll still meet up and hang out if you want! Our trip is just a few days away now!!! Can you believe it? Days....not months! :)

:woohoo: I can't wait! It's soooo close.... and I definitely hope we can still meet up!

Can I still be a part of your cab share? Is that still doable?

:woohoo: I can't wait! It's soooo close.... and I definitely hope we can still meet up!

Can I still be a part of your cab share? Is that still doable?

HECK YEAH! We drive down so I'm good for a meet anywhere...almost anytime. :thumbsup2 I just texted you to make sure the # I put in is right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter