• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If anyone from the NFL reads here- IT'S OVER THEY HAVE SETTLED!!!

Wow.. everything else I saw all weekend was debatable but that was not.
It was a clearly blown call and not reviewable.
I'm sorry to all the Packer fans that is just awful

Yes, the thread would have been started if the Pats had won because I was headed here to start it but Alex already had, and I didn't watch the Pats game.

DH says the players aren't technically crossing a picket line because the refs are locked out, not striking.

Has anyone considered that if these refs, however bad they may be, hadn't agreed to step up, there wouldn't BE football to watch?

I would rather there not be football than have games called wrong. The winners are not the winners.

Has anyone considered that if these refs, however bad they may be, hadn't agreed to step up, there wouldn't BE football to watch?

As some posters have mentioned, if you REALLY want to protest, don't watch, don't go to the games, and don't buy the apparel. As long as enough people are doing all that, why should owners/Goodell care about the griping?

While I do agree that there are many, many, many bungled calls/non-calls so far this season, I do feel sorry for the replacement refs.

They are trying to do a job that they aren't up to the standards of doing. Right now, thanks to those running the show, it's either this or nothing.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Every single call or non-call is under intense review by the fans.

I do know this, there isn't enough money in this world, that would make me want to step into the shoes that they have.

For the most part, I don't think people are complaining about the replacements stepping up to do it. It's a high pressure job w/ a lot of technical knowledge and split secon decision making that they just don't have the experience for. I think the criticism is of the NFL, quibbling over .11 percent of JUST their tv revenues like they aren't making money on jerseys, tickets, parking, food... And just straight off the taxpayers here in Indy.

The bottom line, everyone has "their" team that they feel the calls are going wrong. The problem is the calls are bad for each and every team.

I would rather have no football than someone losing their life over a call or miss an illegal hit while the ref is trying to figure out a simple illegal formation. Paralyzed players whose quality of life is taken away from them. All this can and may happen.

I understand the players get paid to play, but it would only take one walk out from the players and the ref situation would be resolved.

Bottom line is that this isn't a Roger Goodell issue it's the owners. They said it well on Mike&Mike this morning. The owners are sitting there still watching people come to games, but merchandise, watch on tv. Like all strikes and lock outs, the fans eventually forget about this once its over. The players cannot refuse to play because of the collective bargaining agreement. The ones with the most power to something about it is the fans. When the owners feel it in their wallets, that is the only thing that will make a difference

I see points on both sides of this agreement and I don't blame the replacements . They just don't have the skills. Both refs and owners need to fix it.

I didn't understand how the replay officials didnt overturn that call until this am, but apparently the replay rules CANNOT determine possession, only if it was a catch (i.e. it didn't the ground). I bet the replay officials wanted to overturn the call, but the rule book wouldn't let them. Bad call and incomplete rules.

That's because the idiot ref didn't confer with the other refs over what the call really was. One said touchdown the other waived time indicating an interception and end of game.

I am still so disgusted this morning, I can hardly talk about it without feeling my blood pressure rise. :badpc:

If I would have been a Packer player or coach, I would have refused to come back out on the field. I would have said "screw you, fine me, penalize me, whatever you think you need to do ~ finish this farce of a game without us."

Unfortunately, the Packer coaches and players are a lot more classy than I am.

It's disgusting.

On a lighter note, as has been said on Mike & Mike this morning, maybe the pension can be funded by all the fines that are going to be coming down on players for twittering, etc.

I didn't understand how the replay officials didnt overturn that call until this am, but apparently the replay rules CANNOT determine possession, only if it was a catch (i.e. it didn't the ground). I bet the replay officials wanted to overturn the call, but the rule book wouldn't let them. Bad call and incomplete rules.

Jon Gruden was pretty clear on that last night. The ruling of TD on the field should have been overturned by replay.

Just the fact one ref waved for interception and game over and the other signaled TD means they should have TALKED to each other at that point.

Jon Gruden was pretty clear on that last night. The ruling of TD on the field should have been overturned by replay.

Just the fact one ref waved for interception and game over and the other signaled TD means they should have TALKED to each other at that point.

Gruden was wrong.

That was a terrible call, but i'm not convinced the regular refs would have called it differently. People seem to forget that every week people were saying they want full-time officials because these guys suck.

399107_3580777247510_183589377_n.jpg

Gruden was wrong.

That was a terrible call, but i'm not convinced the regular refs would have called it differently. People seem to forget that every week people were saying they want full-time officials because these guys suck.

Rulings are overturned all the time in re-play. This one was no different.

If there weren't replacement refs, people would be complaining about the regular refs. Perhaps not so many issues at one time, but we would still see complaints about the refs.

Anyone who has played the game can tell you that there is holding on every play, yet it isn't called on every play. The refs have a thankless job and the replacements just magnify the difference.

These cannot be D1, D2 or D3 refs, as they are under contract for the season. The replacements are a group of retirees, lesser leagues, and non-contracted refs. The NFL needs to face the issues and get the regulars back under a long term contract.

To those suggesting boycott, you will only hurt your local economies. Think stadium workers, parking attendants, hotels, eateries, food services, delivery services, taxis, shuttle drivers, local taxes, etc. The best way to impact the NFL owners is to complain to sponsors, advertisers, and the networks. A constant stream of complaints will force the networks to convince the NFL owners that they must improve the product that the networks are paying for the rights to air.

I just heard on Mike & Mike that three of the officials (refs) last night were former Pac-12 refs who had been let go for poor performance.

Rulings are overturned all the time in re-play. This one was no different.

What you are not accepting is the fact that the ruling on the field was not eligible to be reversed. The ruling was simultaneous catch, ball goes to the passer and cannot be reversed.

The reason for the new overtime rules this season are the direct impact of the Saints/Vikings NFC Championship game. There was enough angst among the owners to get a better overtime system in place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter