If anyone from the NFL reads here- IT'S OVER THEY HAVE SETTLED!!!

What you are not accepting is the fact that the ruling on the field was not eligible to be reversed. The ruling was simultaneous catch, ball goes to the passer and cannot be reversed.

Well, that all depends on what ref you were watching.

What you are not accepting is the fact that the ruling on the field was not eligible to be reversed. The ruling was simultaneous catch, ball goes to the passer and cannot be reversed.

The reason for the new overtime rules this season are the direct impact of the Saints/Vikings NFC Championship game. There was enough angst among the owners to get a better overtime system in place.

The "ruling" on the field never really took place as you had two officials signaling two different things.
nion3p:iphone

The reason for the new overtime rules this season are the direct impact of the Saints/Vikings NFC Championship game. There was enough angst among the owners to get a better overtime system in place.

As PP pointed out, there were 2 rulings on the field. The ref with the uninstructed view call touchback. The ref was obstructed view called TD.

I'd be embarrassed to be a Seahawks fan today. Tate is a liar and he never had possession. Simultaneous possession rule is void is one players takes possession first, even if the second players gets his hand in later. Still shots prove MD Jennings had clear possession.

Even the Seattle Post-Intelligencer's Seahawks fan poll is overwhelmingly in support of the INT: http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/...d-the-seahawks-or-packers-have-won-that-game/

I understand the players get paid to play, but it would only take one walk out from the players and the ref situation would be resolved.
I agree. I think it's time for the players to walk out in order to get the attention of the owners. The replacement refs are directly affecting their health and monetary bottom line.

As PP pointed out, there were 2 rulings on the field. The ref with the uninstructed view call touchback. The ref was obstructed view called TD.

I'd be embarrassed to be a Seahawks fan today. Tate is a liar and he never had possession. Simultaneous possession rule is void is one players takes possession first, even if the second players gets his hand in later. Still shots prove MD Jennings had clear possession.

Even the Seattle Post-Intelligencer's Seahawks fan poll is overwhelmingly in support of the INT: http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/...d-the-seahawks-or-packers-have-won-that-game/

:thumbsup2 yep

To be fair, Seahawk fans aren't the ones that threw the game.

The game is final and the Seahawks were awarded the win. While there will be debate about the outcome, the win won't be reversed. Games have been decided by bad calls for years, so this isn't something new with the replacement refs. Perhaps the issue is more that the Patriots and Packers are two of the more popular teams in the NFL and both lost on the last play of the game to worldwide television audiences. One thing the NFL will never be is perfect.

You know what? It wasn't even that one call. The whole fourth quarter was :scared1: That call just happened to be the cherry on top. Actually it was the cherry on top to the whole weekend. Like I said yesterday, I see regression not improvement as the weeks go on.

You know what? It wasn't even that one call. The whole fourth quarter was :scared1: That call just happened to be the cherry on top. Actually it was the cherry on top to the whole weekend. Like I said yesterday, I see regression not improvement as the weeks go on.

It was the cherry on top of the last 3 weeks. :sad2: Like I said earlier, calls have been an issue in every. single. game. so far this season. It is unacceptable.

DH is hoping the league will overturn the call and do the obvious right thing.

Doubtful, but it could happen.

The best way to impact the NFL owners is to complain to sponsors, advertisers, and the networks. A constant stream of complaints will force the networks to convince the NFL owners that they must improve the product that the networks are paying for the rights to air.
I disagree with that. Who cares about complaints? As long as you're still spending $$$, what does a complaint do? That would be like complaining to Disney that you don't like their new FP rules, yet you still stay on site, visit the parks, get the dining plan, etc.

It was the cherry on top of the last 3 weeks. :sad2: Like I said earlier, calls have been an issue in every. single. game. so far this season. It is unacceptable.

::yes:: Yes. I agree with these posts completely! ::yes::

I disagree with that. Who cares about complaints? As long as you're still spending $$$, what does a complaint do? That would be like complaining to Disney that you don't like their new FP rules, yet you still stay on site, visit the parks, get the dining plan, etc.

I have to disagree with you. If I'm a sponsor, the last thing I want my employees dealing with is complaints for somehwere I invest advertising money. That is a waste of employee resources and time spent away from my company business. I think we just view this differently.

DH is hoping the league will overturn the call and do the obvious right thing.

Doubtful, but it could happen.
Calls have been an issue in every.single.game. for as long as their have been officials. It doesn't matter what level, someone will be complaining about calls.

Calls have been an issue in every.single.game. for as long as their have been officials. It doesn't matter what level, someone will be complaining about calls.

That's true. Doctors commit malpractive all the time and mechanics make mistakes fixing your car etc. The problem is the frequency and severity of the mistakes. The regular officials mostly get it right. The exceptions can be bad but they are exceptions.
The replacement officials are making so many mistakes it's changing too many games

Been a Hawks fan since day 1 and can't fault them for the game last night. They were taking it to the Packers all through the first half. I don't recall any calls made by the officials in the first half that were extraordinarily controversial (maybe run-of-the-mill holding that regular refs wouldn't have called either). Heck, the calls that were going against the Hawks were their own fault.

In the 2nd half, Rice committed offensive pass interference, as did Tate in the end zone and, no, he did not simultaneously catch the ball with Jennings. That there was a catch is indisputable, but it should have been ruled an interception, game over.

It was the 4th quarter that marred an otherwise wonderful, and rare, chance for me to get to see the Hawks play on TV. It's time to just give the refs what they are asking for and let us get back to the joy of picking apart the plain old everyday ref screw-ups.

I'm really disappointed at Pete Carroll's statement that it was a good call. He's been held up as a person of integrity. I don't expect him to forfeit but don't go around claiming it was a good call.

Excerpts from an article that included reactions from Marshawn Lynch:

[As Lynch watched Packers safety M.D. Jennings snatch the pass out of the sky and pull it to his chest while Tate, who had blatantly pushed off against Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields, belatedly latched on one arm at a time, the running back's eyes grew big and his jaw dropped low. The room was dead silent as the realization gripped Lynch and his companions: Like most of the viewing public, they now understood that the Seahawks had received an extraordinary gift from the replacement officials.

"We didn't win that game," someone at the table said, and nobody made a peep to challenge him.

By the time Lynch left the restaurant early Tuesday morning and, while waiting for his ride to arrive, reassured a group of Packers fans on Second Ave. almost apologetically that their team would bounce back from this bitter defeat, it was clear the league's already problematic officiating lockout had reached critical mass.....

.... Of this much I am certain: As Lynch, his grandmother and several friends and business associates left that downtown Seattle steakhouse early Tuesday morning, they seemed a bit less exultant about the victory over the Packers than they had before that mirror became a TV screen, allowing them to see a sobering replay of the faux touchdown that rocked the football world.

"It's not like we did anything wrong," Lynch said, shaking his head, as he stood on Second Ave. "We have nothing to apologize for."

He's right – the Seahawks don't. ]

The whole article: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--s...of-controversial-final-play-monday-night.html

So this call was easy, right? Anyone could see it, it was obvious, right? These replacement refs have no idea what they're doing, right?

Then why can't OTHER football officials agree on the call... http://forum.officiating.com/football/92493-last-play-gb-seattle.html?

This is a link to an officials forum. Currently the thread discussing the last play is up to 8 pages. If this was such a "no brainer" call, shouldn't all officials be able to agree? ESPECIALLY considering they have the advantage of slo-motion replays?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter