• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If anyone from the NFL reads here- IT'S OVER THEY HAVE SETTLED!!!

The replacement refs need replacement refs , Don King needs to go back to being a lawyer and Goodell needs to go away !!

I got fed up with the NFL about 15 years go. I don't understand why the players, who are union, are crossing the ref's picket lines.

I know! I have been thinking about making some "Fans for Refs" signs and picketing some NFL games myself! I want to watch football, not a circus led by these clowns that they call "replacement refs"! :furious:

This has been a problem for three weeks, but fans only start getting upset enough to complain about it when their team loses.

This has been a problem for three weeks, but fans only start getting upset enough to complain about it when their team loses.
No way. It's much different. In years past, yes people complained only when their team lost. But they are really bad this year. Check out some of these articles about the refs

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/michael_rosenberg/09/24/refs/index.html?hpt=hp_t3
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/09/23/mmqb/index.html?hpt=hp_t3
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Replacement-referees-Week-3-look-completely-lost-092312

Who's ready for some Ed Hochuli and Mike Carey???? I know I am. These two have to be my all time favorite guys to ref a game. Please, lets get them back to one of the things that they do best.

...but calls in the Colts/Jags game were horribly bungled.

Amen. The Colts got away with all sorts of crap. Good thing they lost. ;)

The big problem isn't blown calls - the "real" refs blow big calls all teh time. It is all the little stuff they are screwing up, taking forever to sort out what happened and actually make the call, conferring on every single flag for minutes on end. Games are taking longer this season because the replacement officials are so slow at doing anything.

And they are slow to blow whistles when they should, as well. Twice this season I've seen a defender jump offsides and blast a QB when the whistle should have blown to stop them before the QB got hit. That sort of thing gets people hurt and is precicely what officials are supposed to control.

In the Tennessee-Detroit game yesterday they gave Tennessee an extra 12 yards on a penalty in overtime that may have helped the Titans win the game. Stuff like that wouldn't happen with the real officials.

We were watching football yesterday and I wasn't really interested in any of them (Packers don't play until tonight ;)) but even I know there have been problems. My team didn't even play yesterday and I was upset on behalf of all the teams that had crappy calls made against them!

Who's ready for some Ed Hochuli and Mike Carey???? I know I am. These two have to be my all time favorite guys to ref a game. Please, lets get them back to one of the things that they do best.

We LOVE Ed Hochuli, and point him out every opportunity we can. :p His DD went to our alma mater. :)

ME! :wave2:

Please bring back the regular refs before someone is hurt seriously. I couldn't believe there was no penalty flag on the Heyward-Bey hit yesterday. Isn't he still in the hospital today?

We were watching football yesterday and I wasn't really interested in any of them (Packers don't play until tonight ;)) but even I know there have been problems. My team didn't even play yesterday and I was upset on behalf of all the teams that had crappy calls made against them!

I agree. I was getting mad yesterday and my team was not even on the field. The one Seahawk's game I went to this year the crowd was booing the ref's because it took them 3 times as long to make a call. Im ready for the real ref's to come back.

Go Seahawks!!

The problem is that it was not a single game, but all the games. At some point there will be a very serious injury because of the lack of structure/knowledge. There is not enough experience to control the situation and stop the game to keep everyone safe.

""For the record, those hitting and ridiculing these ref's are not helping the situation.

That happened already last night at the Oakland game. Reciever in the end zone clocked in the face mask by 2...Count em 1....2 defenders from PIttsburgh. AND NO ON FIELD PENALTIES CALLED:scared1: The kid was out I'm guessing at least 2 minutes before going off the field in the cart.

Would this thread have been started if the Patriots had won?

Actually I was going to start a thread this morning regarding the horrible hit to the Raiders player/no penalties ... I live in Cincinnati (Bengals territory) and couldn't care less whether Oakland wins or loses.

Fact is, the refs are getting it wrong consistently game after game - doesn't matter what team is playing and whether you're for/against/neutral. The refs are the issue here.

Would this thread have been started if the Patriots had won?

Hello?!!!!

Have you even watched a game this year? ANY game? FTR I'm a Packer's fan and I don't care at all for the Pats but if this lockout goes on for much longer it is going to be pure havoc. I read an article in the newspaper that confirmed what we're all saying. Know why? Cause Vegas Bookies are going to have to rewrite every betting line in the NFL. EVERY SINGLE 1 OF THEM! That's never happened before.

Hello?!!!!

Have you even watched a game this year? ANY game? FTR I'm a Packer's fan and I don't care at all for the Pats but if this lockout goes on for much longer it is going to be pure havoc. I read an article in the newspaper that confirmed what we're all saying. Know why? Cause Vegas Bookies are going to have to rewrite every betting line in the NFL. EVERY SINGLE 1 OF THEM! That's never happened before.

Did you happen to watch the Vikings game? With about 4 minutes left to play, the refs awarded the 49ers their 3rd and final timeout. During this 3rd time out, the 49ers coach challenges the play. The refs grant the coach a challenge that he does not have since he is out of time outs. The refs reverse the call on the field and award the ball to the 49ers. The refs award the 49ers another timeout. Within several plays the 49ers turn the ball over. The Vikings run the ball and Gerhart fumbles. The 49ers coach challenges the play. He loses and the Vikings maintain the ball and win the game. All of this in a matter of roughly 6 plays!

Have I watched a game this year? :rolleyes1

That happened already last night at the Oakland game. Reciever in the end zone clocked in the face mask by 2...Count em 1....2 defenders from PIttsburgh. AND NO ON FIELD PENALTIES CALLED:scared1: The kid was out I'm guessing at least 2 minutes before going off the field in the cart.

Not defending the Steelers but it was only Mundy who hit Bey illegally. I was sick about it. You could tell Bey was out cold when he hit the grass. Very scary watching the receiver lay motionless for such a long time.

Then Mundy does it again a few plays later to another player and again no call. Thank goodness he didn't get hurt.

I seen a couple late hit calls on Ben , alot of non-holding calls also. I can go on and on. Its been bad and as others have said and seems to be getting worse instead of better.

The inconsistency is astounding! It seems like there are a lot of pass interference calls made and some of them are coming at critical points in the game and down near the goal line. Some of the calls are completely legit, but some seem very petty. If I were a defense and the game was on the line, I would worry about covering the deep ball because of the flags being thrown.

This also happened last week in the Dallas/Seattle game. Golden Tate was fined $21K for a crackback block when he launched himself into Sean Lee. No flag was thrown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter