• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I will never go to WDW pushing a stroller! - Nov/Dec 2011 PTR, Final? Itinerary 11/18

Hmmm... it is the Thursday before Thanksgiving. We're leaving Thanksgiving night. That means...
WE LEAVE IN 1 WEEK!!!!
:scared1::woohoo::yay::eek::cool1::banana::woohoo::yay:

Well you need a 7 day dance featuring the Federalies!!!!

:dancer:
:dancer:
:dancer::dancer:
:dancer::dancer::dancer:

Oh yea, Happy Birthday too! ;)
Ah, Glad to see the Fed's make an appearance. Word on the street is that "the" Fed will be in the Orlando area while I'm there.:rolleyes1

and thanks:thumbsup2

Me to me to :banana::banana::banana:

I shall watch out for Mini Mickey Mouse
It's coming up quick! I hope the weather stays nice and the crowds stay low! :lmao:

I had NO clue you had a PTR going. Now, I'm going back to read (okay, I'll probably skim), but I WILL be back. :goodvibes

Final Itinerary (as long as nothing else changes) :lmao:

Thursday 11/24 - Thanksgiving with the family and then we'll head home early so I can sleep (yeah right:rolleyes1)

Friday 11/25 - Sometime around midnight or 1 am we're going to load up and start driving south. We should arrive in St. Pete Beach Friday afternoon.

Saturday 11/26 & Sunday 11/27 - No plans. Relax at the beach.

Monday 11/28 - Up early and on the road. Check in at Wilderness Lodge. Last breakfast seating of the day at Chef Mickey's. Might take the monorail around to see the Poly and GF, or head straight to MK. We'll hit a few rides and see MSEP and Wishes. The plan right now is to take DW and DS back to the room after Wishes to get some sleep and then I'll head back to MK for evening EMH to ride the rides that she/they can't and hopefully a DIS meet with Dave (theduck619).

Tuesday 11/29 - DHS for Rope Drop then back to WL for a lunch at Whispering Canyon and a few hours of rest. We'll be heading to MVMCP tonight!

Wednesday 11/30 - EPCOT for Rope Drop and lunch at Via Napoli. We'll probably take a break at some point. May return to EPCOT and see Illuminations, may hop to DHS Osborne Lights. :confused3

Thursday 12/1 - Breakfast at Tusker House. Hopefully we'll be out the door by Rope Drop and head for the Safari. I really want to try Flame Tree BBQ for lunch. We'll head back for a break after lunch (if we last that long) and then maybe DHS for Osborne lights, EPCOT for Illuminations or MK in the evening.

Friday 12/2 - ADR for Crystal Palace... was scheduled for 50 min before RD, now thanks to a change in park opening time, it will be 10 minutes after RD.:headache: We'll plan to keep the ADR. So far I haven't found any luck finding a CP ADR for any meal at any other times during our trip that will fit our schedule. I do plan to keep checking so hopefully, this will change. First day of Parade taping is today, but we want to make sure to spend plenty of time in MK. We'll stay as long as we want and can tolerate the post taping crowds. :confused3 :lmao:

Saturday 12/3 - We'll be forced kicking and screaming from our room at WL. We're leaving this day somewhat open. We don't plan to go to MK at all, but will use it to go back to anything we missed/want to re-visit. I'd love to do RD at DHS for another chance to do TSMM, but it is an EMH morning, so I doubt we'll be there early enough.
For lunch, we will eat at a restaurant that is a first for me and has been hyped endlessly by Captain Oblivious and many other DISers... The Canadian Cellar.:lmao::rotfl2:
We still have our Chef Mickey ADR for dinner this evening. We don't want to eat there twice so I've been trying to get Garden Grill instead. So far, no luck, but we think it would be fun to end our trip with a character meal.
We'll leave this evening and stay somewhere in Northern FL or Southern GA.

12/4 - Return home

On a side tangent, I mentioned before that we have a friend who is a castmember on the college program. We are going to try to meet up with her at some point. I found out last night that her brothers are flying down on 12/1. They want to meet up with us and do something on Friday evening (12/2). I'm not sure if it will be in a park, in DTD or on the BW, but I'm sure we'll have fun. Landon loves her oldest brother, so it should be a good time.:thumbsup2

Andy, love the intros. Your son is adorable and I LOVE his Halloween costume. Your plans sound great. As you know, Crystal Palace is a favorite breakfast of ours.

Final Itenerary (as long as nothing else changes) :lmao:

Friday 12/2 - ADR for Crystal Palace... was scheduled for 50 min before RD, now thanks to a change in park opening time, it will be 10 minutes after RD.:headache: We'll plan to keep the ADR. So far I haven't found any luck finding a CP ADR for any meal at any other times during our trip that will fit our schedule. I do plan to keep checking so hopefully, this will change. First day of Parade taping is today, but we want to make sure to spend plenty of time in MK. We'll stay as long as we want and can tolerate the post taping crowds. :confused3 :lmao:

First off... have a great trip!

Secondly, we were in MK last year while they were taping and it wasn't too bad, once you were past Main St. & the hub. But we arrived later in the afternoon....

Thirdly, you should still be able to get into the MK before it opens... I think?

All your plans look good! Now take me with you!!! :lmao:

I'm sure I'll run into you on the DIS before you leave, but just in case:

Have an awesome trip!
Yes, I'm sure I'll probably see you around here somewhere else before we leave... but thanks!

Andy, love the intros. Your son is adorable and I LOVE his Halloween costume. Your plans sound great. As you know, Crystal Palace is a favorite breakfast of ours.
Thank you! We've done other meals there before and were looking forward to our first breakfast there, but I'm less excited about it now. DW wants to go for the characters there, so hopefully we can find an ADR at another time so we can get some quality Dumbo time in that morning. If not, we'll do what we can! :thumbsup2

First off... have a great trip!

Secondly, we were in MK last year while they were taping and it wasn't too bad, once you were past Main St. & the hub. But we arrived later in the afternoon....

Thirdly, you should still be able to get into the MK before it opens... I think?

All your plans look good! Now take me with you!!! :lmao:
Thanks for the info on taping day. You bring the Yuenglings and I'll buy the Dole Whips!

Me to. :goodvibes

We'll be in DHS same day as you btw
Well, I'm not super confident about our ablility to be up and moving early so don't take all the FPs at Toy Story! :rotfl2:

Yay!! The itinerary looks great! And hopefully the weather & crowds will be great.
Thanks. I've been checking the forecast. Looks like some rain our first afternoon, but who cares. We'll be in Disney World.:woohoo: :thumbsup2

Right now, DS and DW are both battling nasty colds. Hopefully they'll be over them by the time we leave. Also, DS has been an absolute grump the past few days. We think he might be starting to get 2 year molars.:headache:

I am feeling fine, but I have a history of injuries before important events. For example, I tore my achilles playing basketball a few weeks before our wedding. So with that piece of background information, I decided it would be a good idea to go play basketball last night. I don't think I tore anything this time, but I did succeed in touching the floor with the side of my ankle. Hopefully the swelling and limping will decrease by this time next week.:headache: Our park bag will be well-stocked with Advil! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

How exciting you are so close to your trip :goodvibes Maybe its a small blessing they get rid of any colds, etc. at home prior to the trip, meaning you will all be healthy and happy and have a magical time :thumbsup2

How exciting you are so close to your trip :goodvibes Maybe its a small blessing they get rid of any colds, etc. at home prior to the trip, meaning you will all be healthy and happy and have a magical time :thumbsup2
So far it looks good. DW and DS seem to be getting a little better and so far (fingers crossed) I've been able to keep from catching it.

I'm sitting here on my last day at work before we leave!!!! It seemed like it would never get here and now we're just a little over a day away from leaving! Thanks to everyone who read my PTR whether you posted or just lurked. I also want to thank everyone who's TR's I read to get tips and info. Although I'm a Disney vet, I learned a lot of good tips and a few things I'd never thought to try before just by reading about them in other TRs.

I mentioned this before, and I don't know if I'll do it every day or not, maybe more, maybe less, just depends on if I have the time and patience. I think I'll try to pop in and just post some random pictures during the course of the trip as a little teaser for my TR.

Again, thanks to all of you for enduring my PTR. I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving, and I'll see you all when we get back!

Just stopping by to wish you and your family farewell and have a great trip!!!!

It's been fun following along, even though I haven't posted too much. I've been a little busy. You'll see what that's like in a few short months! :lmao::lmao:

Andy, I hope you guys have an awesome time! Can't wait to see what you think of the Wilderness Lodge. (hint: it will be awesome)

We'll be looking forward to making fun of--excuse me, reading your TR when you get back! :thumbsup2

Andy, glad to hear everyone is feeling better (there is a nasty buy going around...I've been sick for almost two weeks). I hope you have a marvelous trip. And to you and yours: Happy Thanksgiving.

poohthanksgiving.gif

Well, I'm not super confident about our ablility to be up and moving early so don't take all the FPs at Toy Story! :rotfl2:

Don't worry we won't get their on time for park opening either. We are staying on international drive for first 12 days so have to get a bus up that brings us to Epcot first then we get pretty and wonderful disney bus to DHS so it takes a while for us to get there :lmao:

AGH TOMORROW!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter