I stole a miracle berry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gross on so many levels. Don't know who touched it the first time and made it fall. Scorching case of mouth herpies that touched it and then you ate it. Gross gross gross. Not to mention so not cool.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: OP got mouth herpies. Kidding. I wouldnt eat anything of that sand either.

So you not only broke the rules but then you actually came to the DIS to brag and let everyone know:rotfl2: Glad that you did not become ill from the berry.:rolleyes:

I sincerely hope you didn't have any kids around when you did this. I have a hard enough time teaching my kid not to do the bad things we see tons of kids participating in around the parks, I don't need to an adult getting in on the action. :headache:

The OP didn't rob a bank..lol...:confused3

Man, I've always really wanted to touch that sand also. OP, since you're such a daredevil, can you go back and have a touch and report back? Thanks!

Just as an FYI there's some kind of organism in the sand I think it's called something like a neotode. They don't want it to spread that's why you'll see the CMs that are in the sandy areas wearing the booties.

So you may want to rethink touching the sand.

I keep picturing a little alien popping out of the OPs stomach now...

thanks for that :rotfl2:

Was just there a few months ago and rode that ride at least 5 times and do not remember any fruits in the sand that would be reachable by any riders in the boats. Do you have any photos to prove this claim?;)

Was just there a few months ago and rode that ride at least 5 times and do not remember any fruits in the sand that would be reachable by any riders in the boats. Do you have any photos to prove this claim?;)

Not believing it for a minute.

~To both of you, thank you! I totally thought this was just a joke -- not for one second did I believe the OP actually did that, lol. I'm so glad it's not just me, there is no way I could take this seriously! :rotfl: :goodvibes

~And once again, as Robo would say, I'm out! Really.

~To both of you, thank you! I totally thought this was just a joke -- not for one second did I believe the OP actually did that, lol. I'm so glad it's not just me, there is no way I could take this seriously! :rotfl: :goodvibes

~And once again, as Robo would say, I'm out! Really.

I'm inclined to not believe either as the berries don't serve much purpose other than changing the flavors of foods and that's only for a short while.

:rotfl:

Wait for it ...... :lmao:

Ummm ok, I have my moments but may I ask, how will a lap bar keep your hands inside the boat :confused3

On another note, whenever I read 'lap bar' I think of a "lap bar" which is very un-Disney like. I'm sorry. :sad2:

I can't imagine anything you could easily quickly reach least lifting your behind off the seat and leaning. Lap bar would prevent that. As for the un Disney version of this term - I've never heard it?

FWIW - taking something that isn't supposed to be taken is stealing in my book no matter the value - but far more of an annoyance to me would be trying to explain to a five year old who desperately wants to touch the sand and attempt to grab some low hanging fruits - why I keep telling her it is against the rules but that adult is doing it.

I sincerely hope some of you are correct and this was just a joke.

I am not buying it. I am wondering if the OP was just trying to create a thread with people arguing about stealing.

Just as an FYI there's some kind of organism in the sand I think it's called something like a neotode. They don't want it to spread that's why you'll see the CMs that are in the sandy areas wearing the booties.

So you may want to rethink touching the sand.

They also don't want any contaminants or bugs we may have on us to get into the sand since that is what the plants are in. It's all extremely controlled in there.

Please don't touch the sand!!

I find it interesting that we have not heard from the OP? Hmmm....

I can't imagine anything you could easily quickly reach least lifting your behind off the seat and leaning. Lap bar would prevent that. As for the un Disney version of this term - I've never heard it?

They have dancers there .... lap dancers ...

FWIW - taking something that isn't supposed to be taken is stealing in my book no matter the value - but far more of an annoyance to me would be trying to explain to a five year old who desperately wants to touch the sand and attempt to grab some low hanging fruits - why I keep telling her it is against the rules but that adult is doing it.

I sincerely hope some of you are correct and this was just a joke.

Thats one of the challenges of being a parent. When you have a situation of an adult breaking rules in front of your child, your child (unfortunately) learns that even some adults are "naughty". However, just because an adult is doing it, doesn't mean your rules suddenly are meaningless. It stays the same regardless of the offenders age - the rules of that attraction are not to put your hands outside the boat and not to take anything. My daughter has seen adults break rules .... she hasn't suddenly thought 'oh, its ok to do it' .... I didn't raise her to assume that because an adult is doing it its ok, thats how children find themselves in situations. Instead she will question as to why that adult is doing 'x' when its wrong and I will explain to her that even some adults don't follow the rules.

Yeah so its not ideal when an adult does something like this in front of your child but thats life and our children learn that not everything is black and white.

I find it interesting that we have not heard from the OP? Hmmm....

That's what tends to happen with these threads. OP disappears after he or she doesn't what to hear all the hate from DISers who are worried about what there kids will think when they see a person picking a berry off a tree on a ride. I've been a parent for 16 years and I have taught my kids at home that just because they see someone else do it (regardless of it being a child or adult), doesn't mean they can do it. No, I'm not a perfect parent, but I also believe that other's actions should have no influence my or my children's character.

In all honesty, though, taking a berry is such a trivial matter. I would not put it in the same category as stealing a snow globe or something.

To be frank, guys, no one wants to be called a troll (some might now have said the word, but it was sure implied). One thing I've learned is the best way to teach your kids is through example, so I try to set one even when they're not watching/reading, then again, I'm not a perfect parent so what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter