1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I have created a forum on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and a thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

I stole a miracle berry

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Unca_Scrooge, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unca_Scrooge

Unca_Scrooge I'm not an Uncle but I am a Scrooge.

I stole a miracle berry :rolleyes1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synsepalum_dulcificum

Took the living with the land boat trip and sat on the far left at the back of the boat. Those tempting little bushes are planted too close to the boat, and there was a mess of berries that had fallen off sitting in the sand left to rot. Now there are a few less :confused3

They really do work, I ate a lemon wedge after the berry and the sour changed to sweet. Tasted just like sweet lemonade.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. larryz

larryz A few of my favorite turrets...

You do realize we can't encourage behavior that violates WDW's rules (in this case, keep your hands inside the boat).

4. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Stole or liberated? :confused3

5. stindall

stindall Congress Tart

While I don't condone stealing, I just have to share that we bought some of the Miracle Frooties tablets in October and had a very fun time with them! That is, until an hour later and the acid from the entire lemon I ate came back to haunt me!:rotfl:

I wonder what Disney uses them for as they don't have much flavor.

6. KellyNY

KellyNY DIS Veteran

Oh no, you didn't.:goodvibes

7. jhaig

jhaig I'd bet you'd be hungry if we were having Tony-loa

Congratulations. Looking forward to the installation of lap bars on the LWTL cars. Thanks a lot.

8. meggiebeth

meggiebeth Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow

I am surprised Disney didn't notice you doing that... :scratchin

9. cuchu2005

cuchu2005 Mouseketeer

They did! But those berries are loaded with a new drug that makes you go straight to the nearest gift shop and empty your wallet / Credit Cards there! :rotfl2:

Mx

10. avgeek81

avgeek81 Mouseketeer

Whenever I ride Living with the Land. I want to touch the sand when the boat first goes into the greenhouse. I dont know why I just want to one time. I don't thought because I am rule follower and am afraid of being ejected from the park.;)

11. mefordis

mefordis Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

Wow, so far people are really going easy on you! :goodvibes

12. GusGus77

GusGus77 Mouseketeer

So CM DID see you take the berry and nothing happened and they didn't say anything to you?!?! I would like to hear this story as that seems unlikely since you not only didn't keep your hands in the boat, you also took something.

13. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

~I think it's ingenious. And, it's not stealing, but just a simple exercise that demonstrates how one can "live off the land" on "Living with the Land!" :

~Now, maybe I can work up the nerve to "liberate" one of those hot peppers. Oh yeah, and perhaps a papaya & mickey tomato, too. I totally *LOVE* the Living w/the Land.

14. Suellen

Suellen DIS Veteran

Impressive.....glad my kids didn't see you since they would then do it every time we ride.

Also looking forward to lap bars.

15. andyman8

andyman8 DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

While the DIS cannot commend acts that "violate" Disney's policies, if we can have a 15+ page thread about some kids stealing the PotC dog keys, we can sure have one about taking a berry.

Also, I wouldn't really categorize that as "stealing" if Disney let OP walk out with it. I guess it would be the same as taking a leaf off a bush in Epcot.

16. dvcterry

dvcterry Mouseketeer

We may not see lap bars as a result of op's behavior. Maybe some Oompa Loompa's to roll us away and eject us from the Land.

:rotfl:

Did the strawberries taste like strawberries...and the snozzberries taste like snozzberries?

17. WedgieSock

WedgieSock Mouseketeer

:rotfl:

Wait for it ...... :lmao:

Ummm ok, I have my moments but may I ask, how will a lap bar keep your hands inside the boat :confused3

On another note, whenever I read 'lap bar' I think of a "lap bar" which is very un-Disney like. I'm sorry. :sad2:

18. KrisTX

KrisTX Disney January 1972

Gross on so many levels. Don't know who touched it the first time and made it fall. Scorching case of mouth herpies that touched it and then you ate it. Gross gross gross. Not to mention so not cool.

19. Wendimn

Wendimn Member

Wow..lmao..guess if I take something on my trip..I won't be posting it on here...:lmao:

20. Good Morning Dewdrop

Good Morning Dewdrop Mouseketeer

Just as an FYI there's some kind of organism in the sand I think it's called something like a neotode. They don't want it to spread that's why you'll see the CMs that are in the sandy areas wearing the booties.

So you may want to rethink touching the sand.

21. CandleontheWater

CandleontheWater Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I sincerely hope you didn't have any kids around when you did this. I have a hard enough time teaching my kid not to do the bad things we see tons of kids participating in around the parks, I don't need to an adult getting in on the action. :headache:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.