I started my TR ~ A Wish Come True ~ August/September 2009 Pre-Trip Report

Okay so here is the dilemma...our trip carries us over the 1st MNSSHP :hmghost::maleficen and I am wondering if we should go or not?? I am sure the boys would thoroughly enjoy it. OneTreeHillAddict has got me seriously thinking about going. I think it would be a nice addition to our trip and it actually falls on a day we were planning to go to MK anyway (more on the touring plan later).

So what are your thoughts? Should we spend the extra cash on MNSSHP or the Waterpark option??? :confused3

So many choices...please help!

Oh wow! that's a tough one! MNSSHP or Waterpark option? HMMMMM this could be a tough one! How often would you goto the waterparks if you added the waterpark option? I went in October in 2005 and we did the MNSSHP and it was awesome that is the most talked about trip yet by the kids! It was awesome! And they got so much candy it was CRAZY! and good candy! I guess if I were you I would have to weigh my odds to see which comes out on top! Because going inAugust the waterpark option would be great but if you wouldnt go often enough you maybe better off doing MNSSHP! Having gone to the MNSSHP I would definitely say do it ! If you didn't do the waterpark option you do always have 3 different pools to Hop at Pop! You could look at it that way! Good luck with your decision it's a hard one! ;)

I still haven’t made a decision about the Waterpark option or MNSSHP…but the show MUST go on right?!?! :confused3

Well today I was trying to make a “mini” packing list of the things I need to go out and by in the next week or so. I have an empty tote that I am going to start to put all my stuff in for Disney. With the boys being gone until the end of July, I want to get as much stuff done as possible before they get back. It’s still a surprise and we are not planning to tell them until it is time to go!!! :ssst:

Well here is what I have so far…tell me what you think:
  • Over the door shoe organizer (an idea I got off the boards)
  • First aid kit (I just need to replenish…we already have two)
  • SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN and more SUNSCREEN
  • Toothbrushes
  • Toothpaste
  • Chapsick w/SUNSCREEN
  • Febreeze (travel size)
  • Purell hand sanitizer (big one for room, a few small one for parks)
  • Medicine:
    • Pepto
    • Pain medication (i.e advil, Tylenol)
    • Nightquil
    • Fever medicine
    • Benadryl
  • Wetwipes
  • Shoutwipes, or tide-to-go stick
  • Deodorant
  • Lotions
  • Aloe vera lotion
  • Powder
  • Bubble bath
  • 3-in-1 suave for kids
  • Glow sticks I purchased these yesterday at Micheal's for $1
  • Ponchos
  • Mister fans
  • Beach towels
  • Card stock to make passports and autograph cards

I know that this is just the preliminary shopping list…I will start with the $1 store to see what all I can find. I want to make sure that we and not spending money on something that we forgot!!!

I am usually a last minute packer…but I know that I can’t be that way for Disney. I’m starting WAAAYYYY earlier than I have ever started before. Our bags will be packed and ready to go WEEKS before we leave!!

So tell me what you think…please add anything that will be necessary for us!

Thanks for reading…

Up next…cars, planes trains, oh my…so how are we getting there??

I followed you over from my PTR... Your kids are adorable... We stayed at Pop in 2004 and really liked it... It's a very fun resort, lots of bright colors... We were going to surprise our kids, but neither one of us can keep our mouths shut... :rotfl:

I love that you went to Vegas for your hubby's 30th birthday, my 30th is next year and that is what we are planning on doing... I am going to need all those yard sized margaritas to forget that I am turning 30! :laughing:

Plans look good and so do ADR's...:thumbsup2

I followed you over from my PTR... Your kids are adorable... We stayed at Pop in 2004 and really liked it... It's a very fun resort, lots of bright colors... We were going to surprise our kids, but neither one of us can keep our mouths shut... :rotfl:

I love that you went to Vegas for your hubby's 30th birthday, my 30th is next year and that is what we are planning on doing... I am going to need all those yard sized margaritas to forget that I am turning 30! :laughing:

Plans look good and so do ADR's...:thumbsup2

:wave:Welcome! Thanks for reading!

That is definitely the way to spend your 30th...we had so much fun. Definitely should have stayed for a week...we were only there for 5 days and I didn't feel like I got to see as much as I wanted to. However I am not sure that my liver would have handled much longer...the is deifinitely a lot of :drinking1 to be had in Vegas! :rotfl: I love your pictures from the Stratosphere...we didn't make it that far down the strip.

I still haven’t made a decision about the Waterpark option or MNSSHP…but the show MUST go on right?!?! :confused3

Well today I was trying to make a “mini” packing list of the things I need to go out and by in the next week or so. I have an empty tote that I am going to start to put all my stuff in for Disney. With the boys being gone until the end of July, I want to get as much stuff done as possible before they get back. It’s still a surprise and we are not planning to tell them until it is time to go!!! :ssst:

Well here is what I have so far…tell me what you think:
  • Over the door shoe organizer (an idea I got off the boards)
  • First aid kit (I just need to replenish…we already have two)
  • SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN and more SUNSCREEN
  • Toothbrushes
  • Toothpaste
  • Chapsick w/SUNSCREEN
  • Febreeze (travel size)
  • Purell hand sanitizer (big one for room, a few small one for parks)
  • Medicine:
    • Pepto
    • Pain medication (i.e advil, Tylenol)
    • Nightquil
    • Fever medicine
    • Benadryl
  • Wetwipes
  • Shoutwipes, or tide-to-go stick
  • Deodorant
  • Lotions
  • Aloe vera lotion
  • Powder
  • Bubble bath
  • 3-in-1 suave for kids
  • Glow sticks I purchased these yesterday at Micheal's for $1
  • Ponchos
  • Mister fans
  • Beach towels
  • Card stock to make passports and autograph cards

I know that this is just the preliminary shopping list…I will start with the $1 store to see what all I can find. I want to make sure that we and not spending money on something that we forgot!!!

I am usually a last minute packer…but I know that I can’t be that way for Disney. I’m starting WAAAYYYY earlier than I have ever started before. Our bags will be packed and ready to go WEEKS before we leave!!

So tell me what you think…please add anything that will be necessary for us!

Thanks for reading…

Up next…cars, planes trains, oh my…so how are we getting there??

Great Packing list hun,

You may want to think about activites and things to keep the kids busy not just on the trip down and back but small things to occupy time while waiting in line at resturants etc....so I have listed some ideas below from my last trip
* I packed a small school bag for each child to travel with ( my kids were 4 and 7 at the time) each bag had:
Coloring book and Crayons
Mini Lighting McQueen and Tow Mator cars ( my daughter loves them)
Snacks
I also bought them each 2 Disposable Cameras so we could see what they saw from their prospective ..hmmm apparently my daughter sees alot of feet and back ends from her stroller view lol:rotfl::rotfl:
When we were going to a resturant I allowed each child to chose one item to bring with them and this helped to keep them busy while we waited for anything....in the parks we usually allowed one toy per child in our park bag to be honest with you now that I think back they seldom used those toys and "rediscovered them when we got home and had to un pack" they were always so busy looking around at everything but better safe than sorry ....

I hope I helped in some way

Girl I don't know how you've managed to keep it a secret. Hubby and I are so giddy about our first trip in September that it's all we talk about, forget about keeping from our sons.

Girl I don't know how you've managed to keep it a secret. Hubby and I are so giddy about our first trip in September that it's all we talk about, forget about keeping from our sons.

LOL - I know exactly what you mean .....tried to keep our last trip a secret lol the kids kept catching me mention things to my hubby or mom and would ask were going back to Disney....I did try to lie at first but gave up eventually when my son caught me filling one of our suite cases with items for our disney trip....already spilled the beans on this up coming trip .....guess some of us are just not meant to surprise our kids lol

I like to bring along a couple of night lights for the room... those heavy drapes make it very dark and Billy likes the comfort of a night light. (Plus, it helps us avoid stubbing our toes if we get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night!) :thumbsup2

BTW... I could never be able to keep my mouth shut about our trips, so don't feel bad!! :rotfl:

Kathy

Great Packing list hun,

I also bought them each 2 Disposable Cameras so we could see what they saw from their prospective ..hmmm apparently my daughter sees alot of feet and back ends from her stroller view lol:rotfl::rotfl:

I hope I helped in some way

This is a really good idea...I will definitely get them their own cameras! Thanks for your input!

It's a secret to the point that we didnt tell them we were going...I am sure Jeffery has already figured it out...I only have 4 guide books in my house!! :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

I like to bring along a couple of night lights for the room... those heavy drapes make it very dark and Billy likes the comfort of a night light. (Plus, it helps us avoid stubbing our toes if we get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night!) :thumbsup2

BTW... I could never be able to keep my mouth shut about our trips, so don't feel bad!! :rotfl:

Kathy

I actually found some at the dollar store! :thumbsup2

Hello everyone!

:welcome: to all of my new readers!

Well I did a $1 Store run this weekend and got a few things for our trip...Not able to post pictures yet. Hopefully I will be able to do it tomorrow!

Updates coming soon!

Hey Scrappie!
Yes...more details are coming soon. I promise!!:rolleyes1

He went to a private k at the daycare that he went to, so they tested his social skills the last summer to see if he was ready for private k. He tested in so he actually went to private k when he was 4. Well this year he is old enough for public school...however he is only 5 so they are going to start him in k (even if he went to the same private school he would do another year of k). It's fine because I would rather him have a solid foundation instead of putting him in the 1st grade and he is not ready. I hope this makes sense. :confused3

yes it makes total sense, I think it will make a great transition for him into the big school and then to 1st grade the following fall....

So what are your thoughts? Should we spend the extra cash on MNSSHP or the Waterpark option??? :confused3

So many choices...please help!

I think it really depends on like another poster said about the days....the WP option not only includes that but Disney quest too and in the past PI...so if you only go once it can actually cost you more than it's worth.

I'd do some of that fuzzy Disney Math :teacher: and see what your cost options are for each thing.

Plus JAT...but it generally is a smart choice for your 1st trip to try not to pack too much in, it can be a bit daunting and overwhelming all that Magic thrown at you every which way. I think you a re doing an awesome job planning so far, but I know first hand, how exciting it is thinking "oh let's do this...and this..." KWIM?

Shopping List....

looks pretty good so far :thumbsup2

in your first aid kit, don't forget moleskin for blister or red spot care.

some non-pershible easy travel snacks to have in your room in the morning or at night are helpful too.

also, if it is helpful, I think you have read it already but my packing list from our trip this past march is on post #164 I believe on page 11 of PTR portion of my TR link below...

So we were trying to figure out what would be the best way for us to travel…

When I first starting talking about going to Disney, I was looking at airfare (I knew my Husband was not going to think about driving)…I have to tell you I found some REALLY good deals out there. At one point Airtran was offering r/t for the 4 of us for $589!!! Unfortunately we were not in the position to book then so we had to pass!?!? I was bummed…to get to the Magic in 2 hours would be GREAT!! :thumbsup2

Well as we started discussing more and factoring in the cost of a rental car (believe me my husband needs a rental car) along with airfare prices now…it was looking to be like $1000 :sad2:. That was a little bit more than we wanted to spend.

We then started talking about driving :car:. Well from VA, it is a 13 hr driving and my Husband DOES NOT believe in stopping midway to go to sleep :eek:. So if we drive, it will be straight through!! That can be scary, but what we can do is split the drive. He drive for 6.5 hrs and me 6.5 hrs. Well I HATE to drive…Jeff always picks on me and say “what do you think you have a chauffer?”…well “YEAH, duh!” But I am willing to help with the driving…I mean he did agree to go to Disney…it the least I could do.

Another plus about driving for us, is that we pack A LOT…even when we only go away for the weekend!! So we need to take that car so that we can travel with EVERYTHING that we need. This will give me the opportunity to grocery shop before we leave and not have to worry about that when we get to Orlando.

I have to say I am excited about the car ride…We will have PLENTY of things packed to keep the children entertained…I think that we will be able to just enjoy the time together in the car!!

So I guess you can see driving it is!!

Thanks for reading!

I actually enjoy driving to WDW. Although I swear, Georgia is the LONGEST state known to man. :scared: I love stopping at the welcome center when you cross into Florida. I also like picking up all kinds of different travel brochures along the way. Plus, you have a great point, you can pack everything you can squeeze into your car and not worry about paying for an extra/overweight bag! :thumbsup2

I actually enjoy driving to WDW. Although I swear, Georgia is the LONGEST state known to man. :scared: I love stopping at the welcome center when you cross into Florida. I also like picking up all kinds of different travel brochures along the way. Plus, you have a great point, you can pack everything you can squeeze into your car and not worry about paying for an extra/overweight bag! :thumbsup2

I actually would love to stop in GA to visit friends...we lived there for 5 years. I have to see if my Hubby is up for it though! I am sure as long as we keep the children entertained we will be fine!

Oh yeah, you'll have a great time. I only had issues with Georgia because for some reason, I always thought we were a lot of closer than we really were once we hit Atlanta. Obviously, I have no concept of distance. :laughing:

Oh yeah, you'll have a great time. I only had issues with Georgia because for some reason, I always thought we were a lot of closer than we really were once we hit Atlanta. Obviously, I have no concept of distance. :laughing:

It's still a distance from GA...we actually drove from Augusta and it took like 8 hrs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter