I started my TR ~ A Wish Come True ~ August/September 2009 Pre-Trip Report

Congrats on booking AND making your ADRs! YAY!! :banana::banana:

Your restaurants look great! The only one we've done is Sci-Fi, but I want to try Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. Here's hoping something opens up at CM, Le Cellier, or 'Ohana. We did an 'Ohana breakfast...so FUN!

Going with just your family will be great! I love the time we get to spend together...it's one of my favorite things about WDW and the hardest to let go of when we get back! It's like you are in a little cocoon and it's tough to come out! We're so busy when we're home that the time we get to focus on just enjoying each other's company at Disney is priceless.

Can't wait to hear more about your plans! :surfweb:

AWESOME.......AWESOME Updates!

You did pretty good in the ADR Dept and You and your family will love POP!

I am so very happy you are able to go! You think its real now wait until you get some DISNEY MAIL ( ME info packet if you are flying in)...you are going to be all :banana::banana::banana::banana: :cloud9:

Congrats!

Hey Tink! Welcome back! Yes, I am sure that we will love POP! It seems to be a favorite here on the boards! I am too excited. Micky Mail will probably send me over the edge! :lmao:

Congrats on booking AND making your ADRs! YAY!! :banana::banana:

Your restaurants look great! The only one we've done is Sci-Fi, but I want to try Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. Here's hoping something opens up at CM, Le Cellier, or 'Ohana. We did an 'Ohana breakfast...so FUN!

Going with just your family will be great! I love the time we get to spend together...it's one of my favorite things about WDW and the hardest to let go of when we get back! It's like you are in a little cocoon and it's tough to come out! We're so busy when we're home that the time we get to focus on just enjoying each other's company at Disney is priceless.

Can't wait to hear more about your plans! :surfweb:

Hey Missy!
I am excited about the resturants! I think eating is the thing I am looking most forward to!! :rotfl2: I REALLY hope that we can get the other three resturants, it not there is always next year!!! ;)

Yes, I have to agree about the family thing. My husband and I work opposite shifts (me - day and him nights), so it like we are two ships passing at sea. It will be good to just go together and not have to worry about making other people happy! I am looking forward to us just spending the time with my family, having fun and eating while doing it!! :lmao:

Hey Tink! Welcome back! Yes, I am sure that we will love POP! It seems to be a favorite here on the boards! I am too excited. Micky Mail will probably send me over the edge! :lmao:

We Shall see.....very soon:banana:

Thought I would give you a couple of these..:hippie:.:hippie:seeing your family will be at the hippiest place in all the world....

I have been debating about getting Crocs for me and the boys for our up coming trip and I just dont know what to do.

So what are your toughts? I am all about comfort...however I want to be fashionable too!! :lmao:

I love Crocs! Make sure you order the closed-toe ones a size up from what the boys usually wear, or they will not fit properly. If you go to the Crocs website, there is a "tutorial" on how to size Crocs. (Seriously!)

http://www.crocs.com/

They are also offering free shipping on all flip-flop styles for the month of June!! :thumbsup2

So as you can see by my new ticker we chose....POP Century! I had my dream set on CBR, however in order to stay as long as we wanted AND upgrade the park passes we had to stay a POP. I am excited about it. I read some great reviews on the resort...

Hooray!! :woohoo: So glad you booked!! Hooray for Free Dining!!

I've heard great reviews about Pop as well!!

Well things have changed and it will be just our family thats going...I think that will help a little with my sanity! ;) I am happy that we decided to go alone, it's something our family needs and we can really enjoy each other.

....Well afer being on hold for 45 minutes, I was finally able to get through. I was able to obtain all but 3 of the resturants that I wanted. I am not giving up though, I am going to keep calling back and praying for a cancellation!!

Honestly, this may have been for the best! Doing Disney with a large group can be daunting and very stressful for the primary planner! You'll probably have a better time just the immediate family!

And definitely keep trying for your coveted ADRs! :thumbsup2 You must see how often we change our plans/itineraries around here... there's a good chance something may turn up for at least one of them!!

Good Luck!! pixiedust:

Kathy

Hello Friends!
I don't have a real update...however I wanted to let you know what was going on with the with us. Well as with everyone else with children, the end of the school year is drawing near and we have been busy with graduations, ice cream socials and picnics!! Times like these are when I really with I was a SAHM!! :rolleyes1 I just wanted to share a few pictures of DS5 from his 1st year at school.

The 1st day of Kindergarten:
S7300607.jpg

Graduation Day:

S7300976.jpg
S7300986.jpg

And the last day of school:
S7301015.jpg

I am so proud of him...I saw him grow so much this year! :love: He started Kindergarten a year early...however I am going to have him repeat it again in Public School. I don't want to feel as if I am pushing him through.

Now DS10 still has a few days left...he is out on Wednesday.

Then we go to Grandma's, and they are staying for a few weeks! :sad1:

Well that's all I have right now. I will get to some serious Disney planning once to boys are at my mother's and I don't have to sneak around so much! :ssst:

Thanks for ready! :)

HI! I'm joining in! I will be at Pop at the same time!! Can't wait just a lil over 2 months! :woohoo: I'm paid in full and ready to ship out! LOL! :goodvibes

Stephanie,
I just finished reading your thread! Your family is beautiful! You will be very happy with POP! My dates are 8/24-9/3 at POP ! We are doing a GG with 2 other DISERS : ONETREEHILLADDICT, DISNEYQUILTER who are also at POP! Also another DISER you may see out there on threads ZEROTOHERO will also be at POP during the same time! I have a DD 14 , DS 10 , Baby Niece that's 2 that will be with us! Your ADR's sound great! I have done Cape May Cafe and it was great Character interaction was great there!, Chef Mickey's is a must do every trip for us your boys would love it if you could get it! We didn't get it this trip I called on day 1 at 7am and they were booked solid! You maybe able to get it for Lunch they have done lunch there in the past during FDP! Breakfast there is really good also! 1900 Parkfare was ok and your DS's may not like it to much since the charcters are mostly princesses etc.. just a thought on that! Crystal palace food was good last time we did dinner there it's been a few years no reason just exploring other places! I have leceiller booked this time for 9/2 our last dinner! Never done before! We have done breakfast at Kona and was great! teppan Edo never done! How about if you can't get CHEF MICKEY"S why not try WHISPERING CANYON CAFE at Fort Wilderness Lodge the boys would enjoy it! I would suggest where you are looking to get chef mickey's at least make an adr to fill the spot you can always delete it if you get what you want! I would secure a place and time just in case Chef Mickey's doesn't open up! Try the end of June or first few weeks of July alot of ppl will cancel during this time because they either can't go or booked 2 rooms and cancel one or can't make their final payment! You maybe be able to get something! Alot of PPL overbook adrs and finally cancel others and some ppl book deluxe and drop it before the final payment because they can't afford it and have adr's to cancel! BUT definitely SECURE something for the day you wish to do CHEF MICKEY make it the place you would like should you not get chef mickey as it would be rare for that to free up but it is possible! But definitely get something there! Like I said it can always be delted if you secure the place you 1st wanted! This is going to be a great trip! I really can't wait I'm getting super excited! here's what were doing

8/24 T-Rex DTD "oop"
8/25 Everything Pop FoodCourt
8/26 Tony's Good Morning GG Breakfast " 1ts tip included"
8/27 Safari GG "2credits but tip is included"
8/28 Epcot International Celebration GG "2 Credits tip included"
8/29 Rainforest Cafe at AK "oop" or CS
8/30 Tutto Italia
8/31 Grand Floridian Cafe
9/1 HDDMR late show at 9:30pm tier 1 seating "also 2 ts credits tip also included"
9/2 Leceiller
9/3 Everything POP

They are also offering free shipping on all flip-flop styles for the month of June!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for this info...I think I am going to order my crocs and my park bag this month!!!

Hooray!! :woohoo: So glad you booked!! Hooray for Free Dining!!

I've heard great reviews about Pop as well!!
I am so excited about booking...planning to pay off by the end of next week!! :cool1:

Honestly, this may have been for the best! Doing Disney with a large group can be daunting and very stressful for the primary planner! You'll probably have a better time just the immediate family!

I am looking forward to spending time with just my family...this will be our first REAL family vacation. We usually just take a trip back home to visit family and that is no vacation at all!!

And definitely keep trying for your coveted ADRs! :thumbsup2 You must see how often we change our plans/itineraries around here... there's a good chance something may turn up for at least one of them!!

Good Luck!! pixiedust:

I am going to keep trying...really looking forward to trying for Ohana and Chef Mickeys!! If I don't get them that would be all the reason to come back! :rotfl:

HI! I'm joining in! I will be at Pop at the same time!! Can't wait just a lil over 2 months! :woohoo: I'm paid in full and ready to ship out! LOL! :goodvibes

:welcome:, I am so glad that you joined me! Maybe we will run into one another at the resort or in the parks!!! :woohoo: for being paid in full!!! I am hope to pay off by the end of next week!

Hi!! Signing on for more.:) I have two boys about the same age as yours-- We will be at Pop August 24-27 for a quick trip with my family. You will love Pop!! It's so fun--I'm sure your boys will have a great time there (my boys love it!!!) We also wanted to eat at Chef Mickey's-it's so much fun!! I called on my 90 day mark and they were completely booked all week for dinner.:sad2: But yesterday I was able to book a lunch there instead. It works.:thumbsup2 You will love Crystal Palace for breakfast! There is nothing like being able to see the castle before the park opens.:goodvibes

Stephanie, Just wanted to let you know that the other day ! I called and got Chef Mickey's for Lunch on the 26th of August! I'm sooooo Happy! :)

Hi!! Signing on for more.:) I have two boys about the same age as yours-- We will be at Pop August 24-27 for a quick trip with my family. You will love Pop!! It's so fun--I'm sure your boys will have a great time there (my boys love it!!!) We also wanted to eat at Chef Mickey's-it's so much fun!! I called on my 90 day mark and they were completely booked all week for dinner.:sad2: But yesterday I was able to book a lunch there instead. It works.:thumbsup2 You will love Crystal Palace for breakfast! There is nothing like being able to see the castle before the park opens.:goodvibes

:welcome: to my report...YAY on getting in Chef Mickeys. I am hoping that with the new online reservation system it will be easier for me to get a ressie (if I check EVERYDAY :confused:)!!

Hello All!
Sorry I have been MIA for a few days!! :rolleyes1 We took a quick trip to Rochester to take the boys to my mom for a few weeks for summer vaca!!! We also had a wedding reception to going to on Saturday....it was a beach theme and it rained the WHOLE weekend!!!!! :eek: That's Rochester weather for you. Hopefully I will have an update later tonight...I have a 15 page paper due for school by TOMORROW?!?!?! :confused3 I promise to update by the end of the week though!!

The pic's of your son are way too CUTE!!!!

Why is he going to repeat K? if you don't mind me asking? :confused3

sounds like you have been a busy lady w/ so many things and planning a Disney trip in the midst!

Can't wait to hear more details...it is coming up soon :yay:

Hey Scrappie!
Yes...more details are coming soon. I promise!!:rolleyes1

He went to a private k at the daycare that he went to, so they tested his social skills the last summer to see if he was ready for private k. He tested in so he actually went to private k when he was 4. Well this year he is old enough for public school...however he is only 5 so they are going to start him in k (even if he went to the same private school he would do another year of k). It's fine because I would rather him have a solid foundation instead of putting him in the 1st grade and he is not ready. I hope this makes sense. :confused3

Okay so here is the dilemma...our trip carries us over the 1st MNSSHP :hmghost::maleficen and I am wondering if we should go or not?? I am sure the boys would thoroughly enjoy it. OneTreeHillAddict has got me seriously thinking about going. I think it would be a nice addition to our trip and it actually falls on a day we were planning to go to MK anyway (more on the touring plan later).

So what are your thoughts? Should we spend the extra cash on MNSSHP or the Waterpark option??? :confused3

So many choices...please help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter