• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I started my TR ~ A Wish Come True ~ August/September 2009 Pre-Trip Report

Happy to see you back and glad that your TRIP is still a go....

Those are some nice choices....for your ADRS...

KIM the early lunch hour sometimes offers the same menu as dinner and maybe easier to score a nice time too.

I personally love doing a mixture of B,L, D to get all the fun flavors....the only change I'd recommend is if you are willing to get up real early....try a pre-park opening breakfast say at the Crystal Palace...it is really cool to walk into a nearly empty Magic Kingdom :goodvibes

FYI...just one other thought....did you book your room ressie yet? You can't book 90 days out w/out one....:confused3

looking forward to hearing which resort too....popcorn::

Hi Stephanie and welcome back! I'm so glad your trip is a go! YAY!

Your ADR choices look good...I have only eaten at 'Ohana so I'm not much help.

Did you book a resort yet? At the edge of my seat waiting to see what you decided! :surfweb:

Don't be a stranger! ;)

Hello everyone,
I do want to do a early breakfast, maybe we will change to breakfast at Crystal palace. We will see.
I am sure this list will change as we really start may ADR's. Its so hard being the first trip...I am picking out resturants that I have seen on other TR's after I look at the menu.
Scrappie - I didn't know that I needed to have my resort booked first. Maybe I will talk with DH and see about making the intial deposit, just to get the ball rolling.
Tink - I am already looking forward to a trip in 2010...hoping for a bounceback offer in the room. :)

Hi Steph! So glad that the trip is a go again!! :thumbsup2

I was wondering about the ressie/ADR thing, too. Yes, they link your ADRs to your ressie number, so you need that first!

I like your restaurant choices... I've yet to eat at Le Cellier, Kona Cafe or Cape May Cafe, so I cannot give opinions on those.

Chef Mickey's: A classic, a bit loud and crazy!

1900 Park Fare: Great character interaction, fantastic desserts!

Crystal Palace: Love the characters; we do this one every trip. Both B and L foods were great... I agree with Scrappie that the early morning breakfast is very magical!

'Ohana: Dinner was great, awsome food, haven't done breakfast there.

Teppan Edo: Chef put on a fun show, good food, may have to watch 4yr old sitting around the hot steel table.

I'd eat at any of these again!

Looking forward to your resort choice...

Kathy

Hello Everyone! :wave2:
I told you I wouldn't stay away too long. No we have not booked yet!!! :scared: However, I only have 8 days left to wait...:cool1:!!! Even though we have not booked, I wanted to keep you guys in the loop as I was planning...because yes, planning is still taking place. So the purpose of theis post is to get some understanding of how to use the DISign board...I am so confused?!?! :confused: I want to make us t-shirts, but I also got an idea from Bentlygirl22's PTR about thank you cards too. How do I request a design and who should I use?? Do you guy's have any experience with using the DISign boards? If so, what are your suggestions and who do you recommend?

Thanks for reading!

Okay, I see no one has posted since yesterday, however I am going to keep on with the questions.
I have been debating about getting Crocs for me and the boys for our up coming trip and I just dont know what to do. I would definitely have to get the flip flop version for me because I dont like the original ones. Here are a couple that I was looking at:

For the boys:
60_1_blackred.jpg

You can't pass that up at $9.99

And for me:
939_1_whitepulsepri.jpg

14_1_pearlcharcoal.jpg

1923_1_armygreenoran.jpg

So what are your toughts? I am all about comfort...however I want to be fashionable too!! :lmao:

Thanks for reading!

Hello Everyone! :wave2:
I told you I wouldn't stay away too long. No we have not booked yet!!! :scared: However, I only have 8 days left to wait...:cool1:!!! Even though we have not booked, I wanted to keep you guys in the loop as I was planning...because yes, planning is still taking place. So the purpose of theis post is to get some understanding of how to use the DISign board...I am so confused?!?! :confused: I want to make us t-shirts, but I also got an idea from Bentlygirl22's PTR about thank you cards too. How do I request a design and who should I use?? Do you guy's have any experience with using the DISign boards? If so, what are your suggestions and who do you recommend?

Thanks for reading!

I used the DISign boards to make t-shirts for our trip and it was easy! There are SO many choices, depending on what you want. Just go browsing over there and get some ideas...most of them have instructions on how to request a design. Good luck!

Okay, I see no one has posted since yesterday, however I am going to keep on with the questions.
I have been debating about getting Crocs for me and the boys for our up coming trip and I just dont know what to do. I would definitely have to get the flip flop version for me because I dont like the original ones. Here are a couple that I was looking at:

For the boys:
60_1_blackred.jpg

You can't pass that up at $9.99

And for me:
939_1_whitepulsepri.jpg

14_1_pearlcharcoal.jpg

1923_1_armygreenoran.jpg

So what are your toughts? I am all about comfort...however I want to be fashionable too!! :lmao:

Thanks for reading!

I got my boys the same Crocs..they love them!

I am a big Croc fan...so I don't think you can go wrong!

I like the green/orange ones...that's just me!

I have not "used" the Disigns boards but have been inspired by many designs and stuff...you can PM a designer too and ask for help!

as far as the CROCS....yes I am a huge fan:thumbsup2

Love them.

I have all kinds...flip flop and sandals. If you normally wear flip-flops you'll have no problem, the shoes are wonderfully comfortable.

I wore my Cleos and Patras everyday down there on my last 2 trips, w/ no major issues. If you don't normally wear ff's you may get uncomfortable in the toe area...I'd try the sandal kind too.

I'm not sure what stores are near you, but some big Sporting Good Stores sell a limited selection to try and on and get some more ideas.

and then when you get them, have you and your boys wear them all around the house to break them in....my 1 DD had some blister issues w/ hers this trip and did have to wear no show socks w/ hers but it was OK.

good luck!

Hello All!!
Well I must say that my dream has finally become a reality...I BOOKED today!!!:cool1: I am soooo excited. It was not supposed to happen until Monday, however we were able to free up the mulah to pay for the trip! :woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay:

So as you can see by my new ticker we chose....POP Century! I had my dream set on CBR, however in order to stay as long as we wanted AND upgrade the park passes we had to stay a POP. I am excited about it. I read some great reviews on the resort...and although it is no CBR, I am sure it will do my family just fine! We are going to be in Disney right? So how bad can it be? :confused3

We did get the Free Dining plan of course. I wanted to upgrade to DxDDP, however I felt like we would have been eating WAAY to much and being 1st timers I didn't want to take all that time away from the parks! :sad2:

:idea: Oh yeah...that dates we are going are 8/29 - 9/5...so if that are any of you reading are going at that time...let's have fun and plan together!! We decided not to get the hoppers, but we did get the waterpark option...I am sure my boys will love Disneyquest.

So after 1 hours 15 minutes and 41 seconds on the phone...did we get the ADR's we were looking for OR did the STUPID system CRASH and leave me hanging out to dry....you have to stay tuned to find out!!!

Hey, it's my first time posting on this trip report. I love the red and white flip flop crocs! I've always hated the original crocs, but I might buy those!

If the ADR system crashed while I was booking mine I think I would freak out :scared1:

:welcome: SilverL! I am glad that you joined me. Now that we are officially booked the planning can really begin. party: Please stay tuned I will be sure to post regularly now!!

So what happened with my ADR's??? You have to keep reading to find out more! ;)

You're making me wish so badly that I could make my ADRs right now! I just want everything to be locked in place so I can say "We're going and it's DONE!"

Your kids are going to have so much fun. They are adorable!

Are your relatives still planning to go with you? We have been with a party of ten before. Having other people there to share the experience is really fun, although you will definitely want to split up for some of the time. You should ask your relatives what things are really important for them to see/do. That's a good way to get others involved in the planning process when they don't like to actually "plan".

So the last time we talked about the plans, we were going as a party of 8...making it a grand gathering! :grouphug: Well things have changed and it will be just our family thats going...I think that will help a little with my sanity! ;) I am happy that we decided to go alone, it's something our family needs and we can really enjoy each other.

Now are ADR's. Well the same day I booked I had Ashby transfer me to make my dining reservations...I was already a week past due! :confused3 Well afer being on hold for 45 minutes, I was finally able to get through. I was able to obtain all but 3 of the resturants that I wanted. Can you guess which ones I couldn't get??? Come on I am waiting...
Yep...you guessed it...Ohana, Chef Mickey's and Le Cellier!!! :sad1: I am not giving up though, I am going to keep calling back and praying for a cancellation!! So as for the ADR's I was able to get...I was very successful with the times. So here they are:
  • 8/29: Arrival - DTD, WPE
  • 8/30: Tusker House, 8:05 am (wanted 8), wanted to do Ohana for dinner, but no luck :(
  • 8/31: Nothing yet...wanted Chef Mickey's for dinner...they only had 8:45pm available
  • 9/1: Grand Floridian Cafe, 7 pm
  • 9/2: Teppan Edo, 6:50 pm (really want Le Cellier at 7 pm)
  • 9/3: Sci-Fi Drive-in, 4:10 pm (wanted 4:30)
  • 9/4: Crystal Palace, 8:10 am (wanted 8), Kona Cafe, 7:30 pm (want 7)
So what do you think? I tried to mix it up a little as mousescrapper suggested! Hopefully I will be able to score on the other 3 and that would be PERFECT!!

:cool1:

How wonderful...booked and ADR's!!!!

I think you will enjoy POP for your 1st Disney trip...the place looks so fun and vibrant I bet the boys will just love all it's fun stuff...

Great ADR's too...you did great, several only 10-30 minutes off your times...they look :thumbsup2

so glad just about everything is working out...and I agree just your family will make this 1st trip even that much more special!

You'll be down their on my b-day (the 30th) so Have a pice of cake for me...

:cool1:

How wonderful...booked and ADR's!!!!

I think you will enjoy POP for your 1st Disney trip...the place looks so fun and vibrant I bet the boys will just love all it's fun stuff...

Great ADR's too...you did great, several only 10-30 minutes off your times...they look :thumbsup2

so glad just about everything is working out...and I agree just your family will make this 1st trip even that much more special!

You'll be down their on my b-day (the 30th) so Have a pice of cake for me...

Yes things are finally coming together and it feels really good! I am so excited and I know it will be here before I know it! I will be sure to have that cake for you! ;)

AWESOME.......AWESOME Updates!

You did pretty good in the ADR Dept and You and your family will love POP!

I am so very happy you are able to go! You think its real now wait until you get some DISNEY MAIL ( ME info packet if you are flying in)...you are going to be all :banana::banana::banana::banana: :cloud9:

Congrats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter