• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I slept through the movies, obviously we're going to Star Wars Weekends! TR Link Up!

Did you try changing the font size?

Adorable picture of Bandit...I love it. Our sweet Cookie is going in for her surgery tomorrow; keep your fingers crossed.

I'll keep her in my thoughts!

My fonts are small...idk what the issue is...oh well!

So for Star Wars Weekend...the weekend we'll be there these are the celebrities that are there: Anthony Daniels, Bruce Spence, Dee Bradley Baker

Which is C3PO, Tion Medon (I have no idea...someone from Ep 3??) and a voice from the Clone Wars. BUT Dee Bradley Baker...also the voice of Olmec from Legends of the Hidden Temple...which, AWESOME.

Congrats on the new IPhone Kelly!!:cool1: DH and I got them back in March and I honestly don't know how we ever got along without them!:lmao:

Bandit, cutie patootie!:dog2:

So...I think this PTR is a total bust :rotfl:

Sorry all. I got way to distracted with Wedding & Honeymoon plans and have left this on the back burner.

How about I play a little catch up?

The big wedding thing that we've gotten checked off our list is our invitations:

invite.png

:cool1: They arrived in the mail yesterday and look fantastic. I'm so excited!!

We're meeting with our Pastor next Tuesday for the first of our pre-Wedding meetings. Should be interesting.

AND last night I checked our cruise and it dropped a total of $1300...so I had Geoff call about possibly getting the reduction, even if it meant giving up our awesome cabin (we have one of the extended balconies!) We got the drop and didn't have to give up the cabin! Makes the $1800 in airfare we just paid much MUCH easier to swallow! :woohoo:

Now onto Disney news...well...there really isn't any :confused3 Our plan is still to get in on Friday night, hit HS on Saturday, dinner at Raglan Road Saturday night, Epcot Sunday, Flying Fish & Jellyrolls on Sunday night, DTD on Monday...then home. We're playing things pretty fast and loose :scared: so we'll see how it goes.

Kelly, the wedding invitation is beautiful.

And :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: on the price reduction on the cruise. It sure does make that airfare easier to swallow. :thumbsup2

Driving back from Buffalo today I was listening to my Disney music and Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade came on :banana:

Which got me thinking...it's my favorite parade and I'd really like to see it. Well, Geoff won't have a park hopper on our trip in a couple weeks, so doing it this trip is out, but what about my solo trip? Is't that the beauty of a solo trip?? :idea: So my flight lands at 1pm on Friday of that trip. I could in theory go right to Animal Kingdom, maybe catch a ride on Everest, bop around for a bit and catch the parade. Then go check in at the Contemporary (I'm staying at BLT), change, drop my bag off, etc. and catch the monorail over to Epcot. I have dinner reservations at Bistro de Paris at 730 and Epcot has PM EMH...

What do you guys think? Doable or crazy?? :confused3

First, lovely invitations! I'm glad that's one thing you can check off your list!:thumbsup2 Congrats on pocketing the extra $1300!!! Almost paid for all of your airfare!

Solo trip news: I'd say go for it!! It's your gig, you do whatever you feel like doing. I give you credit for being adventurous enough to go solo. I don't know if I could do it. I might get bored with myself.:rotfl:

I'll look forward to a full BLT report. It's not really DH's cup of tea, he's not into the whole modern thing, but I would love to get your opinion on it. I've booked Old Key West (DVC through a friend) for the "land" portion of our trip next year, but I've always had the bug to stay at a monorail resort.

Driving back from Buffalo today I was listening to my Disney music and Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade came on :banana:

Which got me thinking...it's my favorite parade and I'd really like to see it. Well, Geoff won't have a park hopper on our trip in a couple weeks, so doing it this trip is out, but what about my solo trip? Is't that the beauty of a solo trip?? :idea: So my flight lands at 1pm on Friday of that trip. I could in theory go right to Animal Kingdom, maybe catch a ride on Everest, bop around for a bit and catch the parade. Then go check in at the Contemporary (I'm staying at BLT), change, drop my bag off, etc. and catch the monorail over to Epcot. I have dinner reservations at Bistro de Paris at 730 and Epcot has PM EMH...

What do you guys think? Doable or crazy?? :confused3

I did not realize you were going on a solo trip in September. :confused3 And we miss you by two weeks. :sad2:

I think what you want to do is very doable...especially since you are by yourself.

First, lovely invitations! I'm glad that's one thing you can check off your list!:thumbsup2 Congrats on pocketing the extra $1300!!! Almost paid for all of your airfare!

Solo trip news: I'd say go for it!! It's your gig, you do whatever you feel like doing. I give you credit for being adventurous enough to go solo. I don't know if I could do it. I might get bored with myself.:rotfl:

I'll look forward to a full BLT report. It's not really DH's cup of tea, he's not into the whole modern thing, but I would love to get your opinion on it. I've booked Old Key West (DVC through a friend) for the "land" portion of our trip next year, but I've always had the bug to stay at a monorail resort.

Oh there will be a full report! I'll have no one to make fun of me taking so many pictures :cool2: Plus I'm kind of hoping I'll be able to stretch it out long enough that I'll be able to share some wedding photos too :ssst:

It started because I wanted to spend some time at the MK. Geoff isn't crazy about the MK and I'm already getting a WDW trip out of him, so I decided that I would just go by myself! And I had a free flight on USAir that I had been sitting on forever...literally like 2 years. So I looked up prices (I'm on a general public room only discount right now) and decided to go for it!

I did not realize you were going on a solo trip in September. :confused3 And we miss you by two weeks. :sad2:

I think what you want to do is very doable...especially since you are by yourself.

Yay! I'm kind of excited about it. I think I booked the trip for September back in February, so it was during the time where I wasn't really on the DIS for a while. I didn't mean to keep it a secret! Promise!!

I've never seen that parade. What is it like? Why is it your favorite? Maybe I should add it to my list!

I love the floats, and the music is so infectious. It just leaves me in a good mood, kwim? I'm not really a parade person, but I love this one. Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_7BF4pQ0_Y I would definitely add it to your list!!

Drat. I just got a PIN in my email for the summer. But I'm not going to Disney over the summer! I'm going 2 weeks before the PIN starts and 3 weeks after it ends :rotfl: It just makes me want to go again!!!

Love your title! I will admit that I fell asleep during the 1st movie (the first of the newest three) seeing it in the theatres. My DH's family have never let me live it down. For pay back he has turned our 3 DDs into Star Wars fans too. Can't wait to read more about your trip! :)

As another DISer, Poolrat, has titled her TR, "The Side Affects of an Annual Pass.":lmao::lmao:

Ooo, I'll have to search for it!! :lmao:

Love your title! I will admit that I fell asleep during the 1st movie (the first of the newest three) seeing it in the theatres. My DH's family have never let me live it down. For pay back he has turned our 3 DDs into Star Wars fans too. Can't wait to read more about your trip! :)

Ah, a kindred soul! :laughing: Welcome :wave:

Do you really live in Africa?

The ADRs sounds delicious. Your honeymoon sounds like it is going to be amazing. The invitations look amazing. :)

Yes, we've been living in Africa for the past two years. We like it a lot, but miss family (and Disney!).

The ADRs sounds delicious. Your honeymoon sounds like it is going to be amazing. The invitations look amazing. :)

Yes, we've been living in Africa for the past two years. We like it a lot, but miss family (and Disney!).

The internet never ceases to amaze me. Africa!

Thanks, I'm super excited about the invites...I should start addressing them this weekend...

My poor puppy :( He has a cyst on his toe. I noticed last night he was licking his foot like crazy, when I tried to get him to stop, he was really insistent on it, so I took a closer look and noticed something wasn't right. Since it was right before our Vet closed, I quick called them and they were able to squeeze us in this morning. Luckily all he'll need for now is some antibiotic and we'll take him back in next week!

So I've decided that when/if we move to Florida next year, I'm applying at Disney. I think I could easily get a job selling DVC considering my sales history. Glad that's decided. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter