I saw the Poseidon Adventure - head to the Propellers. Updated 3/10

Day 2 – we arrive

As I left off we were headed to the port. Soon I was seeing this

I was as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning. We found our way in and headed to drop off our luggage. We pulled up to the right and got a closer look at this beautiful sight

This was so easy. We had the tags on the bags so we just pulled them out of the cargo area of the car and left them in the hands of the very nice CM. He pointed us towards the parking and told us to make sure we went through the cash lane with the voucher. I was already feeling the Magic!

The cost for a 7 day cruise is $120 but with the voucher we paid $72. I was happy until Jim decided he was parking out in the open. I told him I wanted to be in the parking garage. He wasn’t happy but in we went. I figured the car wouldn’t be blazing hot when we got back from the cruise. We had a decent spot and grabbed the carry ons – my backpack with all documents and more importantly my camera equipment.

We got through the check in process quite easily and were in boarding group 8. Jim found a spot to sit and I wandered around taking pictures.

Mickey with a model of the ship

A model of the ship

The cruise was celebrating the holidays so I of course needed some pictures of the tree.

I went out for a closer look and saw some of the activity as they loaded the ship for our cruise

Went back in to find Jim and found this guy instead

I didn’t really want to get in line and he noticed me trying to grab a picture so he stopped and posed.

I found Jim and just as I did we heard our boarding number being called. We headed to the line to find out that the little piece of paper with boarding number is important. Of course being so giddy and a little hard of hearing I didn’t pay attention and couldn’t find the paper. They let us board anyway.

Short update but I am stopping here. I want this day at least to follow a progression of excitement.

I wish I was leaving the cold temps right now for warmer ones. LOL.

Vinny likes to fill up when it reaches ¼ tank.

LOL. That would have been a lot of coffee in that truck.

Oh Cocoa Beach is where we want to move to although today we were talking of closer places to Disney so I can work there. LOL. of course that is when this finally sells.

Nice sunrise pics on the beach.

Never heard of shell season.

yeah we are boarding. Nice pics of Mickey and Goofy. Good for you sticking to where you should park. I agree under is better and hopefully cooler.

I wish I was leaving the cold temps right now for warmer ones. LOL.

I'm with you. I am tired of the cold.

Vinny likes to fill up when it reaches ¼ tank.

I'll wait as long as I can hoping to find something cheaper.

LOL. That would have been a lot of coffee in that truck.

But would it have been good coffee?

Oh Cocoa Beach is where we want to move to although today we were talking of closer places to Disney so I can work there. LOL. of course that is when this finally sells.

It looked like it could be a nice area although we mainly saw the touristy part. There were some condos on the beach.

Nice sunrise pics on the beach.

Thank you.

Never heard of shell season.

First I ever heard of shell season. I do know down the Jersey shore there are plenty of shells after the summer but that's only because by time I get to the beach they have all been picked up.

yeah we are boarding. Nice pics of Mickey and Goofy. Good for you sticking to where you should park. I agree under is better and hopefully cooler.

I loved the way Goofy posed for me. Put me in a great Disney Magic mood. I didn't understand why he wanted to park out in the sun. We were early so I was pretty sure we would find a spot in the shade. Definitely a smart move as the car wasn't unbearable when we got back.

Back and caught up.

Great intro and pictures in the intro.

You made good time.

We like Best Westerns sometimes when we travel...usually good rates and good breakfasts.

I can't wait to read more about the cruise. We've never done one (doubt we will) so I enjoy reading about others and their experience.

Back and caught up.

Great intro and pictures in the intro.

You made good time.

We really did make good time. I was surprised but we had very little traffic most of the way which helped.

We like Best Westerns sometimes when we travel...usually good rates and good breakfasts.

This was a first but I really liked it. Great rate, breakfast, right at the beach and a discount at the terminal. Grand slam for me and we will stay there again.

I can't wait to read more about the cruise. We've never done one (doubt we will) so I enjoy reading about others and their experience.

I didn't think we would ever do a cruise so I was excited for this. Who knows when you move to Florida and get a great residents rate you may make it out to sea.

I have a very blurry picture of the Disney Magic in dry dock still being built right outside of Venice, Italy. 1998. I freaked out when our tour bus passed by it. Very excited about reading this report. Nova is expecting a Mother/Daughter Disney cruise for her 16th Bday. Not spoiled one bit huh? :rolleyes1

I have a very blurry picture of the Disney Magic in dry dock still being built right outside of Venice, Italy. 1998. I freaked out when our tour bus passed by it. Very excited about reading this report. Nova is expecting a Mother/Daughter Disney cruise for her 16th Bday. Not spoiled one bit huh? :rolleyes1

That is so cool. Italy and seeing the Magic in dry dock. I would have freaked out too.

I was thinking of doing something like with my grandkids as they hit 16. I will have to see. And Nova isn't spoiled, just loved a whole lot.

Love that moment when the cruise ship first comes into sight, so exciting! :yay:

We totally missed the characters prior to boarding, with 12 of us it was like a blur, I barely remember BEING at port! :rotfl2:

Day 2 – we are on board

As I left off we had lost the boarding ticket but the CM’s were really nice and let us board anyway.

And this was our first sight

More activity down below

Next we were getting our picture taken. I didn’t get the picture package and would skip this next cruise without that. I don’t know if it’s an option but I wanted to board not get my picture taken. Anyway that formality done we were in line and soon hearing our name announced welcoming us aboard. I couldn’t stop smiling.
And my eyes took in the beauty and this guy

A few years ago we traveled to Maine and I wanted a picture of the Gloucester Fisherman statue. We didn’t stop because of our traveling companions. I think Mickey is a much better picture.

We wandered the ship and I saw this through a window. I think I was aiming for the bird

Not nearly as impressive a ship. We came upon

How could we resist??? I was impressed immediately by the safety here. You are handed sanitizer wet wipes for your hands as soon as you get in line, then another one at the buffet line to handle the utensils. Very impressive way to try and head off any illnesses.

My plate and it looks like a lot of food but it was mostly veggies and we had a late dinner seating so we weren’t going to eat for another 8 hours, I would never have lasted that long. The food was very good but I loved this dessert – Cranberry cheesecake.

We finished eating and explored a little. I took pictures of artwork

A Christmas tree by the movie theater

And found the kids clubs. The one thing I knew we could explore only while we were docked

It’s a Small World Nursery for children under 3

And a hand washing area as you leave

Then it was off to the Oceaneer Club for kids 3-12.
Pixie Hollow

One of the Christmas trees, or the only one I took quite a few pictures of it

And the Magic Band that is given to the kids registered for the club

I was interested in these areas for my DD who wants to cruise in a few years with her kids. I actually did take a lot more pictures and can post them if anybody wants to see them. I just didn’t want to overload the report with the pictures of this area as it was the only time we saw it.

We wandered a little more and I took some pics of the lobby from Deck 4 I believe, looking down. You can see the CM’s waiting to welcome more families on board

Found this on our way aft

0 knots at 1:18 PM. Still at the dock but close to the time to get in our room.

It wasn’t even 1:30 yet so we accomplished quite a bit already but I was anxious to see if our room was ready so we headed to Deck 6 aft. There was quite a line waiting so we joined in. The rope was being dropped in 10 minutes or so and I REALLY wanted to see the room. The time flew by

And soon I was seeing

Room 6637 – our home for the next 7 nights. The basket on the bed was a Welcome Aboard gift from Dreams Unlimited and much appreciated. The travel mugs were used the entire cruise for coffee and soft drinks.

Picture limit is approaching so another update coming soon.

Day 2 – on board continues

We took a quick look around the room and 3 out of 4 pieces of luggage had arrived. Fish Extenders were in good shape but the last suitcase had my clothes in it. A little worried but the cabin steward assured me it would get there and quite honestly they had a lot of suitcases to deliver. We knew when we had to get to the lifeboat drill and we knew when so we headed up. I of course needed to take a picture of the carpeting

There were people using the pool

I was just taking pictures. The Carnival also had a water slide but the ship was just not as impressive to me

Jim found somewhere to just sit

We had matching Mickey tie-dye shirts I made with my grandkids. The kids loved making them and we actually got quite a few comments about how nice they were. Think they will be our sailing day shirts on all cruises.

I knew there was a meet planned for the FB group but I forgot to write all that info down before we left home. DUH!!! I thought it might be in the atrium so we headed there.

Lumiere’s with the Mickey statue

Then I tried to be artistic. I have to pick better subjects to take pictures of sideways but seriously there were a couple days that the staircase looked like this to me.

The Christmas tree and Gingerbread House

The meet wasn’t there we wandered some more and another picture if the Carnival ship

We were actually looking for our muster station. Of course I needed to take pics while we looked. This was one of the lifeboats

Another ship in port – I believe it was a Norwegian

We finally found our muster station, in Animator’s Palate. We figured we were the poor people who would never get on the lifeboat. It actually was quite confusing as we didn't realize that the muster stations were also in some of the indoor areas.

Jim was bored

We did chat with the couple at the table with us and soon we were getting our instructions on how to handle an emergency. Much like the explanation on the plane I didn’t pay attention. Anyhow the drill over, we headed topside for the sail away party.

I’ll stop here so the next update will be heading to sea!

I love the colors in the tye die shirts! That gift basket looks really nice, something to keep in mind (dreams unlimited). All the shellfish looks awesome! I miss it so much, damn allergy, stupid body. :rotfl:

How far out did you have to book?

I love the colors in the tye die shirts! That gift basket looks really nice, something to keep in mind (dreams unlimited). All the shellfish looks awesome! I miss it so much, damn allergy, stupid body. :rotfl:

How far out did you have to book?

The colors were nice but ran a bit when we did them. The kids had fun so that meant more to me.

The gift basket really was nice. I have heard they only do it on the Port Canaveral cruises though.

I don't eat a lot of shellfish, just shrimp mostly. Never really acquired a taste for it. It was plentiful though.

We booked about 9 months out. I am looking at a cruise for next January right now. I wish I had understood how it worked booking on the ship. I would have booked one then. Nice discount that way. I'll have to do it next cruise. I do like Dreams Unlimited though. They give you a ship board credit when you book through them.

:cool1: Yea you are on the ship, that food looks so good especially those crab claws. The room is awesome cant wait to see more.

Wow...that buffet looks really good (and this on a full stomach as I had a huge lunch).

Love the pictures around the ship (especially the tree and gingerbread house).

The "It's A Small World" nursery is very cute.

Glad you got your instructions (I think these I might have listened to since I'd never been on a ship before; but I never pay attention to the airplane ones anymore).

:yay:
:cool1: Yea you are on the ship, that food looks so good especially those crab claws. The room is awesome cant wait to see more.

The food was wonderful. I am not a fan of crab so no sure how good they were although I was tempted to try them.

Wow...that buffet looks really good (and this on a full stomach as I had a huge lunch).

The buffet was very good or the selections I had anyway.

Love the pictures around the ship (especially the tree and gingerbread house).

The "It's A Small World" nursery is very cute.

I had fun exploring the ship and seeing the kids areas. My grandson saw the pictures and wants to cruise now.

Glad you got your instructions (I think these I might have listened to since I'd never been on a ship before; but I never pay attention to the airplane ones anymore).

I half listened. It was a tad noisy and I'm a tad hard of hearing so I knew that in an emergency get the life vest and report there.

Love all the pictures! Great updates!

Thanks you. I was going to update over the weekend but the boards were down and I am trying to adjust to the changes. At least I figured out how to multiquote. :yay: And add one of those guys.

Just wanted to pop in and say I have not forgotten about this TR. I cannot get pictures to post properly ever since the boards changed and it looks like I need to go back and rewrite everything and try a different way to get pictures to post.

I promise I will finish this.

Just found this TR tonight. Awesome that you guys went on a cruise, I love cruising, I really want to try a Disney one someday.

You're off to a great start so far. That lunch looked great.

FYI that other Ship is a Royal Caribbean (Freedom of the Seas according to the sign on the top)

Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter