I saw the Poseidon Adventure - head to the Propellers. Updated 3/10

I think I got this to work finally.

Day 2 – We sail away

We had left our muster drill and headed to deck 10. I was glad we went to the top deck because by time we got up there it was CROWDED!!! I held my camera up over the crowds for some pictures. I was actually happy they weren’t too bad.

90 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

95 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

And we were headed to sea. The terminal

97 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

Waving good-bye

99 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

No turning back now

100 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

103 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

Pirates

107 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

Loved the name of this restaurant – Fishlips

110 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

We were the second ship out of port, the Norwegian was ahead of us

114 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

The Atlantic Ocean in sight

117 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

Bye Cocoa Beach, see you in a week

Looking back

124 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

The sun was starting to set

129 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

It is hard to see here but off in the distance was the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse. I was thrilled as I love lighthouses and have managed to see about 30 so far.

131 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

I actually ran back down to the room to grab my long lens to get a better shot.

More sunset

135 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

Looking forward

139 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

The Lighthouse close up

143 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

And the sun going

146 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

Going

150 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

154 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

Gone

157 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

One final pic on deck

159 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

The elevator area by Palo

160 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

And we are at sea. We headed back to the room. Jim wanted to try and watch football. Yes we are on vacation, at sea, and he went to the sports bar for football. At least all our luggage was in the room. What did I do????

Great update with beautiful pictures, Lorrie. The sunset pictures are breathtaking, and so glad you were able to get your other lense and get a great picture of the Lighthouse.

He went to watch football? :faint:

Great update with beautiful pictures, Lorrie. The sunset pictures are breathtaking, and so glad you were able to get your other lense and get a great picture of the Lighthouse.

He went to watch football? :faint:

Thank you Kathy. The sunsets were amazing. I was really happy I was able to get the pics of the lighthouse. I hope to get to the Great Lakes one day to see some of them up that way.

Yes he went to watch football, go figure. I enjoyed the shows.

All caught up now. Looking forward to reading more.

I will be posting more now that I got the picture problem fixed. I just have to redo all my updates in word.

Jim watching football? LOLOLOL!!!! Florida has some of the most beautiful sunsets! Can't wait to see what you did. :listen:

Great updates so far! My DH is like yours- I drive first on road trips then he takes over and it's a straight haul.
Your pic of Ron Jons reminded me of our last minute cruise (with ROyal not DCL :( ) this past August as we stayed at the Acomfort Inn next door. Can't wait to read more!

Jim watching football? LOLOLOL!!!! Florida has some of the most beautiful sunsets! Can't wait to see what you did. :listen:

The man likes his sports, what can I say. He could only find soccer though so he was not happy. I laughed.

Great updates so far! My DH is like yours- I drive first on road trips then he takes over and it's a straight haul.
Your pic of Ron Jons reminded me of our last minute cruise (with ROyal not DCL :( ) this past August as we stayed at the Acomfort Inn next door. Can't wait to read more!

I am tired of the long drive. If we had varied scenery or could make some stops on the way home maybe it would be different. BUT 4 straight years down I95 and back, next trip we fly.

I had debated that Comfort Inn but was very happy with the Best Western. I also debated a different cruise line for the next vacation but we are doing Disney and Spring Training instead. Like I said the man loves his sports. I also wanted to cheer him up as we found out his sister has terminal cancer and not much time left. He was so depressed I thought the Spring Training would cheer him up. I get Disney so a win/win.

Sorry I missed these.

Just found this TR tonight. Awesome that you guys went on a cruise, I love cruising, I really want to try a Disney one someday.

We loved the cruise and were looking to take one next January. I'm afraid of being snowed in so came up with a different plan but it will include Disney.

You're off to a great start so far. That lunch looked great.

Thank you and I have real no complaints about the food.

FYI that other Ship is a Royal Caribbean (Freedom of the Seas according to the sign on the top)

Thank you I probably should look for those things on the pictures.

Can't wait to read more!

More is coming now that I have the picture issue figured out.

Looking forward to reading this report :)

Thanks for joining in. It's always nice to know people are enjoying the reports.

I haven't forgotten this. My DSIL was diagnosed with cancer 1 month ago and passed away this past Saturday. The funeral is tomorrow so I'll be on here again next week to update.

Lorrie, no rush...family always comes first. Again, we are sending prayers to you and your family at this difficult time. :hug:

Hmm, I wonder what they do if you are allergic to sanitizer wipes?

Nice pics around the ship.

Cocoa Beach is in the running for moving to. It looks lovely. LOl.

Football should not be allowed unless you're in a bar and you can have a drink. LOL.

All caught up.

Lorrie, no rush...family always comes first. Again, we are sending prayers to you and your family at this difficult time. :hug:

Thank you Kathy. We're still coming tom grips with it, she passed so quickly. I have to do the eulogy and have laryngitis so this should be fun.

Hmm, I wonder what they do if you are allergic to sanitizer wipes?

I never thought of that, wear gloves????

Nice pics around the ship.

Thank you.

Cocoa Beach is in the running for moving to. It looks lovely. LOl.

I wish we could have spent more time there. I loved the beach.

Football should not be allowed unless you're in a bar and you can have a drink. LOL.

He tried the bar. They only had soccer. Wrong kind of football. :rotfl2:

All caught up.

I caught up on yours yesterday.

Day 2 – The end

Jim went to watch football I headed here

161 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

The show was cute but I was starting to feel really queasy, I get motion sickness from video games, and had something from the doctor but of course I forgot it. After the show was over I stopped by the gift shop and bought some Dramamine. I was really hoping it would work because I didn’t want to get sick. I then headed down to try and get a good spot for the tree lighting ceremony.

This duo was singing some Christmas tunes. They were cute and very good.

163 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

Part of the reason for the title – this reminded me of the Poseidon Adventure

165 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

The crowds were building

166 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

Some pre-show entertainment. One of the CM’s telling about his Christmas back home in Venezuela I think.

168 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

Then the stars of the show

171 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

178 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

186 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

And the tree is lit

191 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

It was really a cute show and so nice watching the tree and decorations light up. I was really glad I headed over for it as they light the tree the first night and it stays lit for the cruise.

When the ceremony was over I left to find Jim. He was on a chair waiting for me. It was time for our first dinner. We had chosen the late seatting and Animator’s Palette as the first restaurant. We would also be meeting a couple I met on the FB group. We had asked to be seated together. We were table 20. And I loved the whole fanfare going in every night. Our server was Valentin from Bulgaria and the assistant server was Carla from Peru. They were both wonderful and very attentive.

This was the dinnerware when we first sat down, it changes

204 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

The restaurant

205 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

We were soon joined by Harry and Cindy and the other 2 couples. One was a husband and wife – Joe and Christa, the other was a mother and son – Wyatt and Teresa. The 2 women were sisters. I told them I could never forget the young man’s name. My youngest grandson is Wyatt. I will say when they first sat down I was a little spooked. I have a neighbor who has harassed me since the day he moved in next door. In fact we were in court just a couple weeks earlier because he decided to sue me for fictitious damage to his car. Wyatt bears a striking resemblance to the creep. He was a much nicer person however.

Jim got Sliced Serrano Ham with Olives for an appetizer. I was a little surprised by his choice.

206 by tazdev3225, on Flickr]

I had Black Truffle Pasta Pursettes

207 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

Jim enjoyed the ham but that pasta was heavenly.

For an entrée Jim chose Grilled Grain-fed Sirloin Steak. He is somewhat boring. All he asked for was A1 steak sauce.

209 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

I opted for Ginger Teriyaki dusted Angus Beef Tenderloin on Wasabi Mashed potatoes with Bok Choy and a Tamarind reduction

210 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

This was perfection, cooked perfectly and very tasty. While we were eating we had a visitor

211 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

For Dessert Jim had the White Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake, he splurged a little

214 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

I had the Sweet Temptation - Lemon Raspberry Tart, Chilled Mango Mousse and the Cheesecake

215 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

They were all very good. The only flaw with dinner was I never got the coffee I requested with the dessert.

Dinner over we said our good nights and parted ways knowing we would be together again through the week.

Jim and I went to the movie theater to see Maleficent. It was in 3D just what I needed with my sea sickness. I get motion sickness from 3D too. I just closed my eyes during some of the motion scenes and next thing I knew the movie was over. Jim enjoyed it though. We headed to the room and had our first “blanket” animal of the cruise

218 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

I still don’t know what it was.

With that our first day has ended. Tomorrow is a sea day. Will I survive????

Sorry to hear about the motion sickness, but glad you got something for it. The tree lighting ceremony does look cute. And your meals look wonderful. I've seen lots of pictures in other reports of that restaurant and I just love the whole theme.

Sorry to hear about the motion sickness, but glad you got something for it. The tree lighting ceremony does look cute. And your meals look wonderful. I've seen lots of pictures in other reports of that restaurant and I just love the whole theme.

It was only really bad that night and I knew it might be from reading other reports. The meds worked really well. I was glad I got to see the tree lighting. I may never get on another cruise that time of year so it was worth it. We go back there again later in the cruise and I have to say I think it might have been my favorite just for the theming alone.

Sorry to hear about the sea sickness. All the food looks YUMMY! Even Jim's boring choices. LOL

Sorry to hear about the sea sickness. All the food looks YUMMY! Even Jim's boring choices. LOL

The seasickness was bad the first night which I sort of expected. I have motion sickness problems but it is quirky. I can't ride in the back of a car but I can ride Star Tours 6 times straight.

The food was good but Jim is predictable. He tends to order the same things at restaurants so I knew he would stay that way on the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter