I really want to know!!! Cancel your cruise because of the new policy.

Would you cancel a DCL cruise because of the new Alcohol carry on policy?

• I have/will cancel my cruise vacation because of the new policy.

Votes: 26 10.1%
  • I will not cancel my cruise vacation because of the new policy.

Votes: 108 41.9%
  • No big deal to me, I don't drink.

Votes: 49 19.0%
  • I drink but don't bring alcohol on board.

Votes: 75 29.1%

• Total voters
I have discovered that I am both an impoverished low-brow drunkard AND, inexplicably, a poncey snooty Eurotrash snob. So, I figure I have come out ahead. Cheers!

I have, personally, come to the conclusion that I need a judge you for all of that. Harshly. And without prejudice. Maybe you should take a train instead? :-)

I wouldn't cancel my cruise since I love cruising with Disney. I love shows and sea day activities! Although, I'm a tiny bit dissapointed with the new policy I'm glad I can still bring 2 bottles of wine on board. DH like his beer so he'll need to adjust and buy the refillable glass mug though.

So, I just read that the Fantasy will be phasing out all basic food service except little boxed meals containing ham and cheese sandwiches and skim milk. Of course the regular food services will be offered at an increased price. Not that it's a problem for me because I don't need to eat to have fun, but SOME people have issues and will be, like, totally furious. I guess they will have to downgrade to one of those cruise lines for fat, poor people.

So, I just read that the Fantasy will be phasing out all basic food service except little boxed meals containing ham and cheese sandwiches and skim milk. Of course the regular food services will be offered at an increased price. Not that it's a problem for me because I don't need to eat to have fun, but SOME people have issues and will be, like, totally furious. I guess they will have to downgrade to one of those cruise lines for fat, poor people.

I heard they'll also cut ventilation. Who need to breathe, anyway?

I was away for the weekend, but I specifically asked about canceling our concierge deposit. I was told that I could cancel, but they would not refund my deposit. They felt that this policy was not something they owed anyone "compensation" for. All he said was "I'm sorry."

I was away for the weekend, but I specifically asked about canceling our concierge deposit. I was told that I could cancel, but they would not refund my deposit. They felt that this policy was not something they owed anyone "compensation" for. All he said was "I'm sorry."
Well, in fairness, Concierge deposits are always non-refundable. Regardless of why you cancel.

Yes, but there were reports here that they were allowing cancellations. That was nut the case for me. We'll move that deposit until they hold our feet to the fire and then we'll do a 3 night to get it over with.

I can't believe how many posts are being made on this topic in the various threads related to it. Never thought so many people could be so militant about the availabilty of alcohol. And I love to enjoy myself on board with my chosen beverages too. Very much so.

Sadly, it's obvious that whenever I 'm cruising there are some people who I would wish to distance myself and family from because they aren't firing on all cylinders. Thank God I'm not able to identify them easily.

Until I go to the bar.

I can't believe how many posts are being made on this topic in the various threads related to it. Never thought so many people could be so militant about the availabilty of alcohol. And I love to enjoy myself on board with my chosen beverages too. Very much so.

Sadly, it's obvious that whenever I 'm cruising there are some people who I would wish to distance myself and family from because they aren't firing on all cylinders. Thank God I'm not able to identify them easily.

Until I go to the bar.
Look, I personally think there are some people who are overreacting to the policy change itself. I don't think the people who are upset about implementation are out of bounds at all.

That being said, I completely disagree with your assumption that anyone who is upset about this is "not firing on all cylinders" and find it somewhat offensive.

I would be upset if DCL decided to convert the Concierge Lounge to a Concierge & Platinum Lounge. That would greatly increase the people using the space. In fact, it might mean I no longer cruised DCL because I really like that oasis. However, I also know that there are plenty of people who never cruise concierge and wouldn't be bothered at all. That doesn't make either one of us wrong or off.

I'm really not bothered by the notion of people being upset, I'm bothered by the implication that they are wrong to be upset.

"I.... find it somewhat offensive"

No need to.
I wasn't talking about you.

When you get a chance read some of these things that were posted, not just glossing over a thread. You're gonna scratch you head and say "oh.....now I know what he's talking about".

I'm sure you're a great person and would love to buy you a drink.

Look, I personally think there are some people who are overreacting to the policy change itself. I don't think the people who are upset about implementation are out of bounds at all.

That being said, I completely disagree with your assumption that anyone who is upset about this is "not firing on all cylinders" and find it somewhat offensive.

I would be upset if DCL decided to convert the Concierge Lounge to a Concierge & Platinum Lounge. That would greatly increase the people using the space. In fact, it might mean I no longer cruised DCL because I really like that oasis. However, I also know that there are plenty of people who never cruise concierge and wouldn't be bothered at all. That doesn't make either one of us wrong or off.

I'm really not bothered by the notion of people being upset, I'm bothered by the implication that they are wrong to be upset.
I myself have never had the pleasure of sailing concierge, however we are platinum and really the only benefit we feel we get is we get to go on the ship whenever we get to the port. We kind of always thought that the "rich" people get to sail in concierge. Now don't go after me cause I don't really believe this but I guess I told myself that since I could never afford that. Concierge sailors deserve to have that space since they are really paying a significant premium to sail. You are very correct in that if DCL decided to let platinum in this area it would not bother me at all--cause I could then go. In my case I did not feel that I overreacted because of alcohol but I felt for others that were PIF and stuck. I guess their are worse things than to be stuck on a Disney cruise but it did leave a bitter taste in some peoples mouths--and it wasn't the alcohol.

"I.... find it somewhat offensive"

No need to.
I wasn't talking about you.

When you get a chance read some of these things that were posted, not just glossing over a thread. You're gonna scratch you head and say "oh.....now I know what he's talking about".

I'm sure you're a great person and would love to buy you a drink.

I think that if it wasn't this issue it was going to be another for us. DCL has given us many reasons to look elsewhere (posted a long list on some other thread of our reasons). This happened to be a lightning rod issue and the hullabaloo on the threads got us thinking why not look at celebrity and Princess, and you know what they look pretty darn good. We will see what happens next year on the Magic and see if the 'Magic' is still in Disney for us or will we give another line a go.

while I love the creativity and sarcasm in the "no food and no ventilation" posts, the comparison is somewhat ironic.

while u r mildly chastising those who imply alcohol abuse/addiction in their posts, YOU are comparing alcohol to absolute necessities...as if they are equivalent. You are only feeding those with negative opinions of the carry-on brigade.

anyhow, carry on. I'm amazed how many threads, with slightly different wording in their subject lines, can prosper on the boards for soooooo LOOOOOOOOOOONG a time.

I am shaking my fist in the general direction of Anaheim and yelling: "Curse you, Disney, for changing this policy!!!!"

THAT'LL teach 'em.

while I love the creativity and sarcasm in the "no food and no ventilation" posts, the comparison is somewhat ironic.

while u r mildly chastising those who imply alcohol abuse/addiction in their posts, YOU are comparing alcohol to absolute necessities...as if they are equivalent. You are only feeding those with negative opinions of the carry-on brigade.

I think you are taking my joke wayyyy too seriously... I was just trying to add a little humour to this very tense thread.

no. i get it. a finely honed sense of humor, have I

just wanted to point out that it is only funny in exaggeration IF it is consistent and, as a side effect, you are adding fuel to their fire.

wasn't being hyper-critical. just wanted to avoid ANOTHER tirade/rant/flame/ etc etc.

I, personally, think this thread is redundant. and repetitive. and tautological. and repetitive....

see what I did there? ya see? FUNNNEEEEEEEEE!! I'm a laff-riot.

If you find it redundant you can chose to ignore it. That is what I do when I get tired of a subject.

welllll, i guess if i find it redundant, I can always choose to ignore it...............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter