I Paid Someone $5 for a Catchy Trip Report Title, and This is All I Got-Updated 12/29

Tribilín;34182786 said:
Ne'er to worry my lad, for as those who know me already call me by that name... crazy that is... also "Non compos mentis" but I use that nickname when I want to impress people ;)

"Non compos mentis" :crazy: I've gotta remember that one.

Tribilín;34182860 said:
Ouch! Where did you get that message? Photobucket?

Yes. I was only at 18% of storage. Was it caused by the number of people viewing the pictures at the same time?

Yes. I was only at 18% of storage. Was it caused by the number of people viewing the pictures at the same time?
Yeah, I guess that's the price of being popular... Does it say if you reached the limit for the day? Or *gasp* month?

Tribilín;34183047 said:
Yeah, I guess that's the price of being popular... Does it say if you reached the limit for the day? Or *gasp* month?

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful (old commercial) :laughing:

It didn't say....it just had account bandwidth at 100%, so I upgraded to "Pro".

Tribilín;34183308 said:
Not to worry about that :rotfl:

Wow... this TR is gonna be expensive.

First the $5 title, then all those keyboard protectors (we are still waiting for them), now an upgrade :worship: Thanks glennbo123!

You are too funny! :lmao:

I just read your whole report (perseverance!); I got sucked in right away, and I'm sorry to hear it'll be over soon! Your family is adorable.

Yes! That's it! You are a youtube master Cherie! Thank you!

I did not remember that Kelly LeBrock was the person in that commercial. She was in Weird Science....now there's a movie for you Tribilin! Surely you've seen that! She was something, and then she married Steven Seagal :confused3

Ah...Wierd Science!

Personally I always preferred the Breck Girls to the Pantene "don't hate me"

shiny glossy locks flipping around...

Yes! That's it! You are a youtube master Cherie! Thank you!

I did not remember that Kelly LeBrock was the person in that commercial. She was in Weird Science....now there's a movie for you Tribilin! Surely you've seen that! She was something, and then she married Steven Seagal :confused3

Weird Science, yeah, hard to forget, a very close friend from that time looked A LOT like the blond guy from that movie... he was picked on a lot for that and since I was always hanging around with him :rolleyes: just let's say being a nerd wasn't sexy back in the 80's :laughing:

I remember that actress more from "Woman in Red". Never saw that commercial before. Pantene made a mexican version with Leticia Calderón back in the day. Everybody commented if it was OK for her to ask ""No me odies por ser bonita"... and yes she was gorgeous enough :cloud9:

Tribilín;34197438 said:
just let's say being a nerd wasn't sexy back in the 80's :laughing:

Yeah, not like now. :rolleyes2

Tribilín;34197438 said:
Pantene made a mexican version with Leticia Calderón back in the day. Everybody commented if it was OK for her to ask ""No me odies por ser bonita"... and yes she was gorgeous enough :cloud9:

Good to know they shared that little gem of a saying with the world.

Sounds like cheerleader week at Disney.

Was Pantene just shampoo? I say just, 'cause Kelly made it seem like so much more!

:rotfl2:

Oh I'm getting all the bad 80's commercials running through my head....

Charlie....

Originally Posted by Tribilín
just let's say being a nerd wasn't sexy back in the 80's
Yeah, not like now.

So perhaps my high nerd score is a GOOD thing?

:rotfl:

I think these might be my favorite set of photos! The ones of all of you are holiday card material. :thumbsup2

I think these might be my favorite set of photos! The ones of all of you are holiday card material. :thumbsup2

Hey Jenny! Thanks!

Actually my favorite family photo from the trip will be coming up in the next installment....and it wasn't taken by a photopass person, just a passerby.

Hey Glenn, haven't been on in a while, but I see you are still doing a great job with the TR. With all the details, and all the great pictures, it feels like I was right there with ya! :thumbsup2

Hey Glenn, haven't been on in a while, but I see you are still doing a great job with the TR. With all the details, and all the great pictures, it feels like I was right there with ya! :thumbsup2

Oh you are too funny! :rotfl: You were there....I was starting to wonder if I had a stalker. :scared: Actually, it was probably the other way around, since you made rope drops and we always just missed them.

I have another update nearly ready to go, and you will be be featured prominently. But, we have some activities tonight so....maybe later in the evening.

After catching a few zzzz’s we got up and got ready to go to dinner. It was a little tough rousing everyone, but we managed. Tonight we’d be dining at ‘Ohana at the Polynesian. I had corresponded with DISer Marvali (Marvin) leading up to the trip and knew that we both had ADRs at the Poly around the same time, although theirs were for Kona Café. Sure enough, we saw them at the bus stop, but on the bus we weren’t really seated close enough to have a conversation :chat: without talking over people. My kids had run to the back of the bus, just to be different, I guess. Partway through the ride we heard this high-pitched noise that sounded like a smoke alarm. We found out later that it was a really cute little boy that my kids had been playing peek-a-boo with. Apparently, they had gotten him so excited that he screamed, but I honestly did not know that the sound was a scream until my kids told me later.

The bus dropped us off at the Magic Kingdom and we walked over to the monorail for the ride to the Poly. Marvin and his wife rode in our monorail car and were we able to talk a little. What a nice family you have Marvin! I think the wives though, not being on the DIS like we are, are not really sure how to handle a DIS-meet. (If I had it to do over again, I’d make my DIS screenname “SomeGuyOnTheInternet”. That way people could say, “You should hear what SomeGuyOnTheInternet just said,” or “I can’t believe you want to have a DIS-meet with SomeGuyOnTheInternet”. Now somebody will take my idea :idea: , or maybe they beat me to it anyway. I don’t know.)

We arrived at the Polynesian and checked-in at ‘Ohana. Just after we sat down in the waiting area, the mom of the cute little boy on the bus came over with him. They were eating at ‘Ohana too. She said, “Are your kids for hire? They did such a great job keeping him entertained on the bus.” We said, “Sure.” So, my kids fawned over him and we chatted with the mom. She was really nice and we enjoyed talking with her. We soon discovered that they live about a half-hour drive from us. Small world moment number one.

Then Marvin came over with his son. They had checked-in at Kona, but weren’t seated yet, so we talked with him some more. I knew they lived in the Carolinas (the location on his profile says “Upstate SC”), and we had lived in Wilmington, NC back in the late nineties, so I asked about where they live. They’re in South Carolina now, but had also lived in North Carolina in the nineties. Comparing notes as to where exactly, resulted in us zeroing-down the location from region, to town, to area, to intersection. (Really? Us too. Oh yeah? Us too!) End result -- we lived a couple of miles from each other, although I think they moved away the same year we moved in. (No “there goes the neighborhood” jokes please!) Small world moment number two. Marvin’s son said something like, “if they say they lived on our street, I’m gonna die.”

Soon our name was called to be seated. Once at our table I got out my camera. Here’s James.

img_1292.jpg

And the girls.

img_1293a.jpg

And Judy.

img_1294.jpg

Then my little shutterbug, Marlene, took a couple pictures of Judy and I.

img_1295.jpg

img_1296.jpg

Although we didn’t have a window seat, we were pretty close. Here’s our view, with Cinderella’s castle in the distance.

img_1297.jpg

Then the food started to arrive. I had soooo hoped that the bread would be the same as I had gorged myself on at Kona Café the night before, but alas it was not. It was good, but not nearly as good as that at Kona. The good news was that meant more room for other things. Like potstickers!

img_1301.jpg

The potstickers were really good. I think they were the one thing that later in the meal when the waiter was clearing dishes and asked, “Do you want any more of these?”, the kids paused and then replied, “Yeah, bring some more!”

And this chicken was really good too.

img_1302.jpg

Here are the noodles. I think I’ve read that these replaced something else that used to be on the menu. I don’t know if they’re better than what they replaced, but they were good.

img_1303.jpg

And some broccoli. Now, they’re hard to see in this picture, but there are pea pods in this little veggie combo. We had told the waiter that our daughter was allergic to peas, but they brought this out anyway, forgetting. We reminded him of it, so he very kindly went to the kitchen for Kona and brought her out her own dish of broccolini, which she enjoyed. Thank you waiter!

img_1304.jpg

Continued in next post….

Link to next post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter