I love just BEING at WDW.

I just read some of the Animal Kingdom/FLOP thread and it got me thinking.
As much as I love the attractions I can be happy just taking in everything in a lot of different places in the World-

Just BEING there is a great thing, IMO.

You got that Right! :thumbsup2

Every year we get a little more seasoned, we've stop trying to do every thing on each trip. Year over year not much changes at the parks, the rides are basically the same. So what is it that makes us keep coming back year after year?

The sights, the sounds, the atmosphere, the shows, events, the architecture, the landscaping, the people... make just being there great!!:earboy2:

I have always wanted to take a day, be in the parks, but skip rides and simply roam around enjoying the atmosphere and people watch. I think I'll have to do a solo trip to get to do this though.

I can totally vouch for how awesome it can be to go solo and do maybe 12 rides in a week. I absolutely love going solo. Please don't get me wrong. I love my partner, but when you are there solo, it's a whole new world! :thumbsup2

I was just thinking the EXACT same thing. I would love to just go and leisurely stroll around, still ride some rides, but just look at all the cool things in the World Showcase I don't get to see normally, look at the little shops, etc. I really am thinking of taking a 3 day weekend by myself soon. I found really cheap airfare and may just do it!

GO! Really, it's wonderful. The first time I went solo it was for a 3 day weekend and I caught this amazing $49 each way deal on Air Tran. Worth every penny in respect to sanity alone. :cloud9:

I got to do Disney "the slow way" last September on my first solo trip. I only had 2 days, so I skipped the parks and just roamed the resorts, trying new restaurants, riding the monorail, etc. It was great. We've been enough times to not feel like we have to see and do everything on every trip.

IMO, just about any day at Disney is better than a day at home! The atmosphere, music, smells, etc. are so wonderful and comforting. Plus being there just brings back some great family memories. I can't wait to go again!

I know it sounds weird, but I could hang out in the area of DHS with the fake cityscapes and building fronts all day. Usually that area doesn't have a trillion people in it and the attention to detail is really cool.

I agree!! It's just such a great place, it feels like the best home away from home. I could just live there. As long as I could 'live' in WDW!!!

I agree that just being in the World is amazing and there are so many things to see/experience that aren't rides...however as someone who doesn't get to Disney very often I would be disappointed if I didn't get to ride a lot of my favorite rides/attractions while I was there. Don't get me wrong...I'm not one of those that stresses about getting from point A to point B and doesn't enjoy my surroundings. However, I do feel like in a limited amount of time (I usually go for 2-3 days) one does have to walk a little faster to get everything done. But I think to each his own. I enjoy myself thoroughly while doing this...so all is good! :thumbsup2

Also, I love AK....with or without the rides (not that this is about that) ;)

Just the thought of being there makes me so happy. :cloud9:
This past year when we were there it was my first time there with a "medical" condition and I could not ride alot of rides but I REALLY enjoyed taking it all in. I noticed ALOT of things that I did not see before and I loved it....
As long as I am there and or planning a trip there I am so very content.... :love::love::love::love:

I can't wait to start planning on Nov 2011 trip :banana:

For me, going to Disney is all about that warm feeling that starts when I go under the gates.
I have to admit that I am not a Disney fanatic, but what I appreciate about Disney is the ability for me to remember what that feeling of being "childlike" was all about. When I'm in Disney, I'm not the one making the big decisions, I'm not stressed about all the little things that are happening, I'm just being...being happy, being warm, being carefree for at least one day.
I get to see the thrill of new things through my son's eyes, and I get to be swept away by his excitement.
Our trip this year will include my parents, my sister and her family and our family. It is the first time we will all be together at Disney. This time we get to watch our parents be swept away with the excitement of the kids. :cloud9:It will add a whole other dimension to this trip, and we can't wait ! :woohoo:

I just read some of the Animal Kingdom/FLOP thread and it got me thinking.
As much as I love the attractions I can be happy just taking in everything in a lot of different places in the World-
Standing in the Hub near the Walt/Mickey statue
Having a cold drink in the lobby at the Contemporary
Riding the Monorail or Ferryboat
Wandering around AK or World Showcase or down Main Street
Walking thru the turnstiles at MK and coming out of the tunnel to start a great day
Listening to the background music everywhere you go

Just BEING there is a great thing, IMO.

The more one goes, the easier it is to kick back and relax and enjoy more of the parks besides just doing commando-style ride after ride after ride.

I love going down for just a couple hours in the evening in the middle of the week just to get some ice cream on Main St or maybe catch Monsters Inc Laugh Floor or something. Sure, I could get ice cream at a Brusters a couple min. from home but that's not as much fun! :)

Going to Beaches and Cream for dinner/dessert and then walking thru Epcot and riding the monorail to the TTC and then the resort loop and back.

Watching a movie at the Beach Club.

An occasional rope drop and some Toy Story Mania or Rock n Roller Coaster several times over.

Just love it!

I would be a happy camper just sitting on a bench in magic kingdom with a nice drink and a snack just taking it all in enjoying the atmosphere and beauty.

I'm so happy when I walk into each park and have the ability to take hundreds of pictures of the beautiful landscaping and designs done by disney.

Last year we were down for Christmas. I remember standing in the beach club looking at the gingerbread scene they had there. I realized no matter how much I wanted to I could never truly appreciate the sounds, smells, and activities arouind me. It was a very sureal moment. I find I have those a lot at Disney. As I am there I try so hard to suck in all that is Disney, but I know that I can't get enough in me till the next time I am there. This happens ofter to me at night on the boardwalk.. the lights, boats, entertainment. Living for that moment is so had to do. Wish I could get better at it.

I would be a happy camper just sitting on a bench in magic kingdom with a nice drink and a snack just taking it all in enjoying the atmosphere and beauty.

Same here. It's the atmosphere...something about it. Pure magic. :cloud9:

amen to everything everyone is saying!! there's no place like it! we love it all! our dream is to retire and work at disney! i would love to be there everyday, walking around helping people with their disney vacations! how fun would that be? it's going to happen! i would love to work in the emporioum on main st. so i could walk out and wave to everyone with the big mickey hands on and watch the parades go by, oh god, i'm ready for may to be here!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter