I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by jenseib, Oct 3, 2012.

1. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I don't remember seeing anything like that, so I don't think so. They did on the Dream. I don't know about cucumbers, but they had lemon slices in it.

I am not really a spa person either, but I did want to take a peek at it and I am glad I did.

I hear how so many people really enjoy it. Maybe someday I wll actually try it out. My cousin is getting a massage on our Dream trip in Nov.

Do NOT block the cookies! :rotfl:

I am kind of funny like that too with spa stuff. I did have a massage once, just here at a local place that my Uncle goes to. Actually it's a girl my youngest sister used to work with, and she is really nice and good. it was wonderful...my older 2 got it as a Christmas gift for me ...but I wouldn't spend the money on myself to do it...Unless I won the lottery.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kmrein

kmrein Mouseketeer

SUBBING!!! Yay, I always really enjoy your reports and can't wait to read! Now just wishing for the time to catch up and read it!

Thanks for sharing with us!

4. pooksma

pooksma <font color=red>Can't help it~there is something a

Here's hoping I have a chance to make it there! (on the Dream that is):rotfl2:

5. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Welcome! I know about time too. I seem to be constantly behind.

So you are sailing the Dream? It's a wondeful ship. I will be writing a TR on that trip as well.

6. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Wow! I'm sooooo not a spa kinda girl but the spa looks impressive! I just had to laugh at ya'll talking about the one girl/two guys in the castmember pool doing who knows what. :confused:

7. SoonerGirl

SoonerGirl DIS Veteran

I've only ever seen them at dinner, but I've only done breakfast there once, so maybe :thumbsup2

So many great pictures of the spa and gym! I'm not one to workout on vacation, and I'm not a big spa person either, but both looked really nice! Well, all except that hot tub, what was up with that? :confused3

Boy, the scenery in the Port of Galveston leaves a lot to be desired huh?

8. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I'm sure we were really narrating a story that wasn't really happening, but it sure looked pretty steamy. :rotfl2:

I have so many things to that I want to try...I have to remember it all. I am so excited to go though. Time is flying by and it will be here before I know it.

9. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

We decided to split up after the spa tour. It was almost 1:30 and I was so excited with how much I had done and seen already at such an early hour.

My next destination in mind was the kids clubs. I wanted to get a few pictures while they were still open to anyone.

We said good bye to the other girls and off we went ….with pictures along the way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had given Lisa the option of going on her own too, but she was interested in seeing the clubs a bit too, and I think she was still too nervous to yet go off on her own.

[​IMG]

First we came to Flounders Nursery.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was very cute. It was also bigger than I had thought it would be.

10. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Then we hit the bigger kids clubs. I think we went in the lab first then over to the club, but I can’t swear to it and I can’t remember off the top of my head which is which. I do like the Dreams set up better where both clubs run into each other and kids can go from side to side. On the Magic the age groups are completely separated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You have to go around to the other side of the Atrium on deck 5 to get to the other club.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’ll let you in on a secret. I had trouble finding both clubs. It was set up so differently than the Dream that I walked by them a couple of times and had to ask a CM to direct us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is why I want to be a kid …….the pirate ship!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was actually very different than I had pictured it…but still looked like great fun for kids.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. vleeth

vleeth I heart Disney

Thank you so much for posting those kids club pics. I'm really thinking Hope will spend time at both. (Unless they are strict about the ages.) She's 7 1/2 and I know she would love the pirate ship, but she also loves everything science.

I love that you went up the stairs to take a picture.

The ship looks so empty in your pics, but I guess thats the best time for picture taking.

12. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Yes, I think they are strict on the Magic. I do have more pictures to ocme, but I'll probably post those tomorrow.
    She will love it in there.

13. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

Wait, I'm confused how this works on the Magic. I thought the Oceanerr Club and Lab were the same age range. Are they not?

And if they are, do you have to physically bring them to each side or can they go back and forth?

Loving your pics btw!

14. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

On the Magic they are separated by age groups. the younger ones go to the club and the next level up before pre-teen goes to the lab. They can't go to both on the Magic. I would have to go look at the actual age groups though. I can't think of it off the top of my head. On the Dream the kids can go between both clubs and they are connected.

15. Caretames1

Caretames1 Mom & Crazed Planner

I don't know that I'd use a kids club on a short cruise unless she wanted, but with a long one like you took, I'd defiantly try to get her in it at least once.

16. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

I was under the impression they'd changed this in the last year. They're both (oceaneer club and lab) listed on the website as open to 3-12 year olds.

17. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Claire only went once on our short cruise. I did see kids crying to go into the club before it was even opened one morning.

Hmm.. I am not sure about that. It might have changed. I'll have to investigate that one.

18. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I just went and found the info...it sounds it just changed.
    Brook told me last month, but she might've meant last year.

19. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

I will ask on the main board since that's important to us. Keep the pics coming, these are fantastic! I dont get to see the Magic as much.

What camera did you use? I'm trying to debate whether to lug around my good one or not.

20. Kathy Jetson

Kathy Jetson DIS Veteran

I was waaay behind back on page 8. I had a really busy and stressful week. I don't know if you read this on Lisa's tr but Wednesday was River's b-day so we had a small family party for him at home. On Thursday morning River's father's mother died and family started coming from all over. Saturday was River's b-day party with friends at a laser tag place and the viewing was that same day also. So it was a lot to deal with. Anyway.......

Well first I was laughing when you said it was a race to board when they called your number until I read about the witch. What did she gain by not letting you all walk together? Did you run into her again on the cruise?

I caught the mistake the reporter made right away when she said a 6 night instead of 7. I can't believe she questioned them about being adults only. Doesn't she know how many adults go on cruises without kids? I guess not. I thought she was dressed pretty shabby to be on TV too. I think I would have dressed up if I knew tv cameras were involved!

We tried the zebra domes in June 2011. Well River and I love sweets and I love coffee. We did not like these and ended up throwing them out. I got them because I had read so much about them on here. It was way to sweet for me and I can eat plain icing!

You really have gotten a lot done so far on this day and you haven't even set sail yet! I love looking at all your pictures. Can't wait for more hopefully I can keep up until you leave again.

21. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

I dont like them either. Blech.