I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by jenseib, Oct 3, 2012.

1. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I guess the only way to know if is I actually try one and see.:rotfl:

I ended up waking up earlier than I planned this morning, so I might try to get something small in if I can.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Yay! These trip reports keep me amused on the treadmill.
    Five weeks from today I will be jumping on my kids beds to wake them before dawn and drive down to port!!!

4. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

After the fiasco with the overloaded elevator, Lisa and I cautiously got on the next one that came. All was fine. We didn’t set off any alarms this time.

We headed up to deck 9 and got our first glimpse of the outdoor area.
    I have to admit….I only took a few pictures for now…but have many more later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And we headed into the Vista Spa and found the rest of our gang there too.

[​IMG]

It is really a beautiful spa. I was impressed. It wasn’t as beautiful as the Dreams, but darn close.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We all signed up for the drawing that was gonna take place at 3 PM. They were going to give away several different things and though I am not really a spa kind of gal….I would take anything for free. LOL

[​IMG]

We proceeded to walk down the hallway to take a look and get some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rooms all looked so nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another complaint. …. This hot tub was not very pretty. This is Disney and they need to put some kind of nice covering around the sides of it. This looked kind of disgusting and falling apart. I surely didn’t expect to see that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Is this a surprise for them? I have often thought of surprising Claire, but I know I never could. We talk too much about Disney and I would slip up.
    I have kept the fact that we are staying at AKL in Nov. for 1 night from her...but actually I have siad it right in front of her on accident, but she didn't catch it. She does keep asking me where we are staying the first night...and I stil ltell her it's a surprise. I think she thinks we are staying at Pop.

6. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

I agree with you about the hot tub. We had a treatment in one of the spa villas on the Wonder last year and the hot tub there was in a much better state. We usually live in the spa and always get a length of cruise pass for the Rainforest Room.

Corinna

7. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Jen - beautiful pictures of the spa. You've got to start getting paid jobs with those pictures. You need a portfolio girl. they are great! :thumbsup2

8. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I don't even get why they didn't just get a can pf paint and make it look slightly better.

Some of my firends did do the rainforest room and really enjoyed it.

Thanks. You are giving me a big head. :rotfl:

9. TinksMomma

TinksMomma Mouseketeer

Ohhhh what a tease today!! I need more!!! We leave in 2 weeks and I'm living vicariously through you!! I'm loving all of your pictures and you are so funny!

10. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I am leaving in about 45 minutes for the day. Hopefully tomorrow I can get 2 updates up. I have sooo many pictures from just this boarding day. My goal is to get this day done before I leave...but with so many pictures...it's really a taunting task.

11. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

Not a surprise. But they're young enough it'll be a thrilling morning anyhow. And they've never done anything Disney before.

12. BEARCATS07

BEARCATS07 Mouseketeer

The spa looked great! I will have to agree with you about the Hot Tub. They should have that looking better!

13. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Yep... I am super excitind knowing about all the plans...probably even more so. You'll have a blast. And become addicted very fast. Claire thnks she is a DCL pro now...after sailing once. She can hardly stand waiting for our next cruise.

Yes. It surprised me that it looked so bad.

14. tinkerbell60

tinkerbell60 DIS Veteran

Late but here!! Your trip reports are so educational for me since I have not yet done a Disney cruise!

15. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

YAY!!!!! Welcome!

16. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

At the end of the hallway, all the way to the front of the ship is the gym.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the instructors asked if we would like a picture together.

We all made our strong look and posed.

[​IMG]

Shelly is not in that picture…not sure where she had roamed off to at the moment.

[​IMG]

The instructor was from Austria. I couldn’t help but think of the Saturday Night Live skit with Hans and Frans. This guy sounded just like them and he was ready to “pump you up”!

Some of the gals looked at a few classes, like detoxing, etc. I skimmed it, but I didn’t want to comment just yet to anything. I wanted to think over exactly what I wanted to do and I didn’t want to sign up and then not show up.

While he talked, I took some pictures out the front window of the ship.

This is the crew pool….which was almost never used. Even our waiter made a comment one night that no one ever uses it as they just don’t have much time to. On a side note…one afternoon Lisa was watching the camera on TV that shows the front of the ship. She was all excited to see a couple of people out on that deck. It was kind of twilight out and the camera doesn’t capture it great, but I swear there was a girl and 2 guys…and though I am sure this “wasn’t” going on…it almost looked like there was some sort of standing threesome going on. Lisa was cracking up so much. She kept saying to me…”look now…..what do you think that looks like?”

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back to taking pictures of the gym and spa.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am not sure how this works? On the Dream they have water coolers with fresh lemons in the water. Here there is a drinking fountain with lemons next to it. LOL! Do you filter your water with a lemon slice as you drink it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back to the spa.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you ever finding yourself needing a razor…come here…they have tons you can use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can even shower here too.

[​IMG]

Or if the sauna is your type of thing…go for it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

continued from previous page.....

I took a picture and Susan happened to be there. Carolyn says it looks like she is trying to hide quickly in a game of hide and seek. LOL

[​IMG]

These are a HUGE hit with people. The heated stone chairs in the rainforest room. I heard they are fabulous, but I never did try them for myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are hot saunas. When Brook opened the door the steam was pouring out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These benches were heated too. I didn’t know that till several days later when I was making the rounds early morning to take pictures with the tripod and I sat on one and WOW…they are really hot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On we went down, the hall. They had several rooms decorated so cute. I only took a picture of a few of the rooms. Each was slightly different, but I actually was tired of taking so many spa pictures at that point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I rounded back around the circle near the reception desk I saw a door open and several people walked out. My guess is that they were having a meeting in there. It was the hair salon and being a licensed cosmologist, I had to go in and take a few pictures of that as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We came back out and some of us asked about different services, etc. Some were really interested in the rain forest room. I liked the sound of it, but honestly I don’t see myself using it enough to pay for it. I think Susan and Carolyn did a couples package, which basically means 2 people in the same cabin, for the rain forest room on sea days (3). It was cheaper to do it that way over the single packages.
    Lisa considered it and asked me, but I just couldn’t commit. What if I totally hated it? I could only see me sitting on the hot stones for short periods of time …. And then what if I loved it. I was then worried I would spend too much time there and miss other fun events. I’m complex that way.

In the end we didn’t get it and Lisa never do get a single day or sea day package. Maybe next time I will give it a try.

18. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

I loved the photos again. Do they still have the water coolers with lemon and cucumber outside the Rainforest Room? This is the one thing I miss on the Wonder. I have a hard time drinking water even if I am thirsty, but I love the cucumber water.

Corinna

19. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

The spa pics are great! You know, we have yet to make it there. :lmao:

Thanks for letting me have a peek.

20. TinksMomma

TinksMomma Mouseketeer

Loving your latest installment! The Spa on the Fantasy totally spoiled me! We loved the Rainforest Room there but I don't think we'll be using this one. Those heated benches get HOT!!! :firefight

21. Caretames1

Caretames1 Mom & Crazed Planner

I will make sure I am NOT between you ans any cookies next month!:rotfl2:

The deserts looked so good, and the photos were edible! YUM.

I've never been to a spa before, and I'm not sure I would like people touching me (I'm weird like that) but it does look beautiful.
    Nice gym pictures! I bet you guys all worked out every morning, and were very conscious of what you ate.......:lmao:

Uh Oh, frisky business on the CM deck!:laughing: Their Mickey ears slipped a bit.

It's a bit cold and very damp here (2 days of rain), I bet the warm bench/chair would feel good right now.