I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

Continued from post at bottom of previous page.

All 3 of us headed out of the room. We went to look at the shops area. This was not open yet, but I wanted to see what it looked like.

shops1.jpg

I really loved the window displays.

shops2.jpg

shops3.jpg

shops4.jpg

Look how cute the door is too.

shops5.jpg

A special shirt for this cruise&there were actually 2 and I liked the other one better but both were too pricey for me.

shops6.jpg

I took a peek in through the window && I spot Dooneys!

shops7.jpg

shops8.jpg

shops9.jpg

shops10.jpg

shops11.jpg

I had to get some shots of good old Walt. Something learned on a tour later in the week &.there is something missing from this famous picture &.do you know what it is?

wdtheatre1.jpg

wdtheatre2.jpg

Brook took a picture of Lisa and I.

wdtheatre3.jpg

wdtheatre4.jpg

shops12.jpg

shops13.jpg

I then decided to give Claire a call. I didnt mention this, but in the morning I had called Skip, and he had said he ended up going to my Moms and getting Claire last night. I guess he was already getting lonely. So she spent the night with him and my Mom came over around 9 or so and picked her back up this morning.
Claire wasnt too talkative. She was busy playing, but we said I Love Yous and I told her I would try to call if I could, but I might not be able to. She was doing fine and told me about some of the fun she had had already. They had gone to a movie the day before and my Mom was keeping her very busy &.or vice versa!

A few more pictures randomly around the area. I think I mightve taken some of them while I was on the phone.

watchyourstep.jpg

preludes.jpg

I stepped outside and looked at deck 4.

lifeboat1.jpg

dstation.jpg

I liked to call this the Titanic deck. It just made me think of the movie so much with the look of it.

deck4.jpg

And back in again.

preludeschairs.jpg

More shop windows.

shops14.jpg

shops15.jpg

Boo to the nasty lady boarding! The port in TX seems a lot less "Disney" than PC, and more industrial.

I loved the Magic, and it was nice to have nothing to compare her against! I never thought the atrium was small. It was so big that I could never get a shot of the glass chandelier properly!

We saw the staff painting, polishing and buffing every day. I think the only truly "tired" things we saw were some very high traffic areas in some of the stateroom hallways.

They changed the age setup in the kids areas right before we sailed, as the big argument at the time was worries about older children not getting along or bullying the younger kids.

When we went in March DS was age 6 and 99/100ths (he turned 7 the day we left the ship). He preferred the club, but went back and forth to the lab several times. They just texted us on the wave phone so we knew which room to pick him up at! I never knew there was a secret tunnel!

He liked the club better, as he was more into the climbing and sliding and physical activities they had there. But he loved both (more than hanging out with the parentals!).

I think most prots do have that industrial look. PC is just really nice.

I think the club would've been what I preferred too...I mean Claire. :rotfl:

Great updates!
I love the pics of the kid spaces. Makes me want to cruise with little kids! I'm just stuck in that phase of life with kids to big to be kids, and a LONG time until grandkids (let's hope:goodvibes!). Also, the bars and lounges. We were all about early dinner-show-stroll on deck-back to the room. Next trip...
First I loved that you guys got tickets for Tea with Alice, then I laughed when you were so relaxed that you relaxed right through it:rotfl2:! We relaxed right through Formal Night on our cruise, didn't even "wonder" why all those other folks are so nice and dressed up:rotfl:!
What are you planning for your November FE? Probably it's a secret...
Keep it coming!

Love the update again, Jen! I know I am repeating myself, but I so enjoy all your photos and comments. :thumbsup2

You are getting so close to your next cruise - I am excited for you! pixiedust:

The Edge on the Magic looks so different from The Edge on the Wonder. Both this and Vibe is on my to do list for the first afternoon.

I love the t shirt even though orange is not really my colour. What colour was the other t shirt? The new Dooneys had me drool. I celebrate my birthday on the Magic and I am kind of hoping that DH will get me one with the names of all the ships.

I love the window decorations, too. The one with the skull is my favourite.

Corinna

Walt is missing his cigarette!

Loving the pictures of the ship, I'm really rethinking the whole cruise thing. I want to travel on that ship!

By the time you are done with this and your Nov TR, I will no longer be wondering what the cruise ships look like, I will have seen every square inch!:thumbsup2

Too bad you missed your Tea, was it a show or an actual Tea?

I'm loving all your pictures!! Well except those of the gross water and all the industrial stuff around the port. We sailed out of New Orleans this summer and it looked like that too - just kind of yucky when you are used to PC!

The Magic's Titanic deck looks just like the Wonder's! I remember sitting on that deck 12 years ago to make a phone call home. It was the only place on the boat I could get a cell phone signal!

I'm loving all these pics as well! I've seen quite a few things I've never seen before. Loved the kids club shots.

Question on the Dooney's -

I had heard that the sketch Dooney's were no longer available, but the picture is showing some large satchels. Does this mean there are some available with the sketch designs?

Thanks!

Great updates!
I love the pics of the kid spaces. Makes me want to cruise with little kids! I'm just stuck in that phase of life with kids to big to be kids, and a LONG time until grandkids (let's hope:goodvibes!). Also, the bars and lounges. We were all about early dinner-show-stroll on deck-back to the room. Next trip...
First I loved that you guys got tickets for Tea with Alice, then I laughed when you were so relaxed that you relaxed right through it:rotfl2:! We relaxed right through Formal Night on our cruise, didn't even "wonder" why all those other folks are so nice and dressed up:rotfl:!
What are you planning for your November FE? Probably it's a secret...
Keep it coming!

I have a few different things depending who is in the room A few kid type gifts...mostly stuff from dollar bins and Everyone is getting a CD with some Disney/cruising/ party music.

Love the update again, Jen! I know I am repeating myself, but I so enjoy all your photos and comments. :thumbsup2

You are getting so close to your next cruise - I am excited for you! pixiedust:

Thanks Karin
I started officially packing today. I didn't get too much done, but at least it is started.

The Edge on the Magic looks so different from The Edge on the Wonder. Both this and Vibe is on my to do list for the first afternoon.

I love the t shirt even though orange is not really my colour. What colour was the other t shirt? The new Dooneys had me drool. I celebrate my birthday on the Magic and I am kind of hoping that DH will get me one with the names of all the ships.

I love the window decorations, too. The one with the skull is my favourite.

Corinna

I wish I could've seen the Vibe. The one on the Dream is so new and modern. I am sure it's completely different on the Magic.

I resisted the Dooneys....for now.

I love this TR!

Also 1 month until I'm there!

Thanks. How exciting. I could cruise every month if my wallet allowed me.

Walt is missing his cigarette!

Loving the pictures of the ship, I'm really rethinking the whole cruise thing. I want to travel on that ship!

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner.

By the time you are done with this and your Nov TR, I will no longer be wondering what the cruise ships look like, I will have seen every square inch!:thumbsup2

Too bad you missed your Tea, was it a show or an actual Tea?

Funny because a facebook friend asked me if I missed anything on the ship...and then she said...well probably didn't get under the bed....which is true...My new mission on the Dream! :rotfl:

It was a bit liek the wonderland tea party....I think

I love deck 4. Its my favorite place to hang out!

I love Deck 4 too. So beautiful.

Great updates! :thumbsup2

Glad to see that they've spiffed up the Club since the last time I saw it :goodvibes The nursery even looks better too ::yes::

Love this pic of you....:thumbsup2

meandcaptnmickey2.jpg

I'm loving all your pictures!! Well except those of the gross water and all the industrial stuff around the port. We sailed out of New Orleans this summer and it looked like that too - just kind of yucky when you are used to PC!

I know. PC really spoils us. Once you get out to sea, it's better...but you still see tons of oil rigs. I was amazed at how many we saw.

The Magic's Titanic deck looks just like the Wonder's! I remember sitting on that deck 12 years ago to make a phone call home. It was the only place on the boat I could get a cell phone signal!

I bet that is a great memory. Did it cost you an arm and a leg to make tha call? :rotfl2:

I'm loving all these pics as well! I've seen quite a few things I've never seen before. Loved the kids club shots.

Thanks. I really had a goal of trying to see a lot of the ship and I figured the more I did on the first day, the better.

Question on the Dooney's -

I had heard that the sketch Dooney's were no longer available, but the picture is showing some large satchels. Does this mean there are some available with the sketch designs?

Thanks!

You are right. The Sketch is being phased out. Only those 2 large tote were what they had left...well they might've had a wristlet too. I like that style better than the other ones. I do like the striped, but it is cloth and I would have it filfthy in a minute.

Great updates! :thumbsup2

Glad to see that they've spiffed up the Club since the last time I saw it :goodvibes The nursery even looks better too ::yes::

Love this pic of you....:thumbsup2

meandcaptnmickey2.jpg

Thats good to hear.

Thanks. I think I have a very excited look there. :cool1:

We were thirsty now so we made our way up to deck 9 to the drink station.

A few while we waited for the elevator.

chandelier3.jpg

captainmickey.jpg

elevatorhand.jpg

The drink station was a “happening” place.

drinkstation1.jpg

drinkstation2.jpg

We wandered a bit more.

sprayhat1.jpg

viewthroughhand.jpg

I have to say that I kept forgetting that Lisa and Brook had just met the day before. They got along fabulously.
A view off the side of the ship.

oilrigs1.jpg

funnels.jpg

I wanted to see if I could take a look at the Vibe (Teen Club). I believe we separated from Brook at this point. Sadly when we got there it was already closed because the muster drill time was approaching.
So we gave up on that and headed towards our station.

art1.jpg

art2.jpg

I admired this artwork over the course of the cruise. Let’s just say the prices were not cheap and I would’ve been murdered for spending such an amount of money on any of these.

art3.jpg

shutterssign.jpg

shutters1.jpg

Our muster drill station was in Animators Palate, along with several other groups.

animatorspalate1.jpg

animatorspalate2.jpg

animatorspalate3.jpg

We checked in and took a seat.

animatorspalate4.jpg

It still amazes me how many people show up late for this. I figure if you get there on time you can be done with it much faster.

animatorspalate4.jpg

animatorspalate5.jpg

animatorspalate6.jpg

We had a loud family come in and stand behind us. They were kind of funny and they never realized they had to check in when they came in. Here they were calling out their room number looking for them and not one in the group of several rooms had even checked in.

musterstationr.jpg

animatorspalate7.jpg

animatrospalate8.jpg

The drill was painless, but something about it makes me sleepy. I think sitting for more than 5 minutes on a busy day does that to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter