I know I might be a little crazy...

Sorry I have been MIA for a week or so.
We learned last weekend that DH's favorite ride (Space Mountain) is going to be down for refurbishment. He is very sad :sad:
I how ever say.... That just means we have to plan a trip for next year so we can see whats new! :rolleyes1
IMG_1271.JPG

This is from our room at the Fairfeild inn.
And the next one I just love we took it from the outdoor deck in the SM line.
We were in the sun but look out for what is on the way!

photo(14).JPG

I also found this super cute sign I had to have a picture of....:smooth:cat.jpg

I had a trip a few years back that I was fascinated by the little touches, lights, flowers, just the things we miss because we are so busy getting to the next ride or meal or whatever. I hope on this trip i can slow down and enjoy the atmosphere.

IMG_1111.JPG IMG_1248.JPG IMG_1114.JPG IMG_1107.JPG

I am not real sure where this is..... I guess I will have to find it . it looks like it is not overly used. it would be a great place to rest and hang out.

More later....
Have a great day!

27 DAYS!
I can't seem to get enough of trip reports, I am looking at the Disneyland app several times a day, I am ready to go now... he he he
I am looking at trying to make a Minnie mouse dress for a Halloween costume for work. I am just not sure I am that good at sewing.
Let see what else has been happening? Oh Ya!
I got a Chase Disney visa about a month and a half ago, better late than never, but I used it to pay for out trip and earned 39 Disney dollars so I requested my first rewards card. With any luck I will earn a few more this month to load onto the card while in the DL. :yay:
Oh and then...
I am one of those weirdos that likes tattoos, and I have a couple. I have an Eeyore tattoo on my ankle that I got for my 40th birthday (gift to self)

IMAG0218.jpg

Eeyore is my favorite character. This week I am getting a Mickey/Minnie tattoo around my ankle just below Eeyore. I will post my new one next week.
I guess I am kinda rambling so I will post more later. I may be a week or so.
Have a fantastic weekend :smooth:

Last edited:
I am not real sure where this is..... I guess I will have to find it . it looks like it is not overly used. it would be a great place to rest and hang out.

I'm pretty sure that's where the boats used to be. I have this pic of my and my mom from 1980!
028.JPG

I am following along you are going to be there right before we get there. We arrive on the 13th. Space Mountain is going to be down because they are putting the facade on for Hyperspace Mountain. It is a star wars theme to go with the seasons of the force that starts on the 16th. Your pictures are inspiring me to turn my trip into a trip of photography. I am macro photographer and I love to take pictures of weird and usually unseen things. so thank you! I am also thinking about taking a toy with me and taking pictures of him in all kinds of cool spots. I hope you have tons of fun and I will be following along. I have a PTR going to for my seasons of the force trip it is in my signature. YAY DISNEY!

Haha! Love this. Sounds just like my 7 year old granddaughter. She gets at least 1 churro a day, and we go to the Cozy Cone Motel most nights where she gets churro bites and I get pretzel bites. ::yes::

Some times Disneyland makes me feel like a 7 year old kid, I think thats part of why I love it there so much.

I am following along you are going to be there right before we get there. We arrive on the 13th. Space Mountain is going to be down because they are putting the facade on for Hyperspace Mountain. It is a star wars theme to go with the seasons of the force that starts on the 16th. Your pictures are inspiring me to turn my trip into a trip of photography. I am macro photographer and I love to take pictures of weird and usually unseen things. so thank you! I am also thinking about taking a toy with me and taking pictures of him in all kinds of cool spots. I hope you have tons of fun and I will be following along. I have a PTR going to for my seasons of the force trip it is in my signature. YAY DISNEY!

I have such mixed emotions about missing the Star Wars stuff opening, Being there after the Halloween stuff is down or coming down and the Christmas stuff is just starting to come up.
On one hand the parks will probably be busy for the star wars stuff but on the other hand it might be kinda nice for a couple quiet days in the parks. Plus it sounds like a great reason to plan another trip next year. SSsssshhhhh Don't tell DH I said that. :rolleyes1
I am also planing to take my laptop with me so I can load pictures and hopefully get a couple updates in while we are there.
Oh ya and welcome.... Its nice to know your being followed and not too boring.

20 DAYS!!!
So on Friday I got my little addition to Eeyore!
Before/After
IMAG0218.jpg P1150446.JPG
It says " A dream is a wish your heart makes"
I Love, Love, Love it!!!

I'll be going there on the exact same dates, but traveling solo. It's my fourth time to DL - once eons ago as a kid; five years ago with my own kids; 18 months ago for a day (and a few evenings) by myself when in the area for a conference. I loved doing Disney so much on my own that when the chance came up this year, I jumped on it.

While I don't have all the memories nor the pictures you do, I appreciate all the ideas, suggestions and thoughts on things to do - so thank you for posting and keeping it updated!

I'll be going there on the exact same dates, but traveling solo. It's my fourth time to DL - once eons ago as a kid; five years ago with my own kids; 18 months ago for a day (and a few evenings) by myself when in the area for a conference. I loved doing Disney so much on my own that when the chance came up this year, I jumped on it.

While I don't have all the memories nor the pictures you do, I appreciate all the ideas, suggestions and thoughts on things to do - so thank you for posting and keeping it updated!

:welcome: I am so happy you found me!!
I had to do WDW alone the only time I have been able to go, I had fun but I think I have the most fun when I go with my BFF (DH)...LOL This DL habit of mine started in 2005 when I went with some girlfriends and I have gone every year since that. I think if DH did not like it as much as me I would quickly learn to love it by my self too.
Ok enough of that!
Lets start my next post!

:dancer:HAPPY DANCE!
I received my documents today!!!!!
I'm so excited!!!!
I will totally post pictures of them all this weekend.

13 DAYS!
I love when documents come.

Then you know you are just that much closer to being in DL!

Anyways I was super excited when our documents came I waited for DH to come home before opening them. He was shocked! :eek: Shocked that i had not opened the box that is.
But I wanted to wait for him. So after he got home I let him put his stuff away and change out of his work clothes.... :hyper: I'm waiting patiently........:jumping1: LOL
So he got all settled in and I opened the box, pulled out our stuff, found our tickets, looked over everything made sure it was all there and correct. DH said cool. :rotfl:
He was not quite as excited as I was, thank goodness he loves me cause I am excited enough for both of us.

So anyway the luggage tags are super cute. DH's favorite character is Goofy and goofy just happens to be on the tags and on one of the tickets! YAY for DH :thumbsup2. I teased him and said he got the Minnie mouse ticket and he just shrugged his shoulders and said whatever as long as he can get into the parks. :rotfl2:

He knows I will give him the Goofy ticket cause I know that is his favorite and I love him! :hug:

This is the Costco package you get....

Envelope.jpg
The information page then your vouchers for the hotel, and then vouchers for your pin and lanyard, and Disney photo memory voucher.
(you can use this for a ride photo or a print of one of your photo pass pictures), a $10 game card for ESPN Zone, and a round trip ride to South Coast Plaza ( this I will never use but hey someone might). There is also a magical savings card attached good for savings in several places around DTD.
Tags and tickets.jpg

And here are our luggage tags ,tickets, and dining vouchers....I love all the 60th diamonds!
party:I am ready!!!!

8 Days!!!!!

Almost there! We found out that Led Zepagain is playing at HOB Saturday night and we figure the parks will be super busy that night plus DH is way more into music and bands and the like than I am. Don't get me wrong I love music and I am sure I will know all the songs they will play, and I love a good concert. But I have heard it is hard to get into HOB on the weekends. Has anyone tried? We never have but I guess we will for this. :cutie:

Yesterday was my Friday at work (most peoples Friday in our plant) so we did a Halloween dress up thing.

11298.jpeg 4 am Selfie....
I personally love any excuse to wear my ears! Plus I have my Vampire Mickey tee-shirt on.
Here is a better pic a co worker took
IMG_20151029_224320.jpg

The only down side was wearing them all day hurt my head. I may have to buy the ears on hair barrettes this time! LOL
I am getting super excited! We can see the first two days of weather when we are there and that is looking good,
Here in Washington state we are getting highs in the low 50's to upper 40's if we are lucky. :cold:
Anaheim is looking like the mid 70's....ahhhhh I love to be warm! I also love the time of year when you can wear a t-shirt during the day and sweatshirt at night!

Any who that is about all for now have a magical day!

:dancer:5 DAYS
:mickeyjum I am getting so excited I could burst! :goofy:

Looking at the weather... It is looking like nice and toasty On Saturday then cooling a little.
It will be so much better than this 37 degrees F we are having in the mornings now.... Yuck :eeyore:
I don't like the cold much.
I can not imagine Christmas without snow so I guess I will continue to live with cold winters.
Have a great week! :cheer2:

1 More sleep!
We get up and head to our local airport at 3:15 am its going to be a long day. But oh so very worth it!
We land @ SNA I believe at 10:10 am Saturday the 7th.
We are having a heck of a time deciding what to pack. it is going to be a high of 82 in Anaheim but it will be in the 30's when we leave here.:cold:
Plus it is going to cool down to about 70 as a high by Monday and mornings and evenings will be a little chilly..... Ugggg. I am so going to over pack!

Have a fantastic night and I will hopefully start posting pics Tomorrow evening!

Hi from DISNEYLAND!!!!!!
I totally did not sleep Friday night. We got to bed around 8:30 ish to be up at 3am. I woke up at 12:15. Could not go back to sleep. Was I a little excited? :rolleyes1 Maybe......
So 3 and a half hours sleep. Check!
We got to the airport in plenty of time.
no big delays or issues. I think I got about oh I don't know 15 min. nap on the plane. I make DH promise to wake me if I snore so that is all I got. I snore he wakes me nap over.....:rotfl2:
We landed at 10:20 right on time.
Went down to baggage claim and snagged our bags, walked across the street and grabbed a Supper Shuttle.
The only bad part about that is there were 3 residential stops and then us so it took about an hour. we did not have any big plans so that was ok.
We checked in the Anaheim Fairfield inn @ about 11:30 and they had a room for us.
We are on the 6th floor overlooking the parks And we got a Cars themed room!
(if you have kids it is super cool) For us eh it looks like they went to wal mart and got Cars border and some big decals. There is a super cute lamp though.
P1150478.JPG

After we got all checked in and unpacked we headed over to Trader Sam's and got lunch.
and an adult beverage or 2.
11575.jpeg
DH took a picture of me, it is so dark in there that when you first walk in you can't see if you have glasses that darken or sunglasses on.
It is a fun place. Order a Volcano or a shipwreck if you dare!:drinking1

We got in just in time before the mad lunch rush or between big rushes I suppose.
I did not get picture of it but we ordered the poo poo platter (not sure how to spell that one.... LOL).
The fried green beans were yummo!

I did take a few pictures on the way. Trying to remember where I was standing when I took the Sorcerer Mickey Hat back in 2005. The trees have grown a lot since then.
downtowndisney.JPG P1150453.JPG P1150454.JPG P1150455.JPG

Walking around the parks looking at all the areas and thinking about pictures I want to find makes me look at things in the park a lot harder. And see things in a new way. Not to mention the details you don't notice when you are not looking for those photo opportunities.

After Trader Sam's we headed into the Disneyland Park via the Monorail.
Saturday is a kinda extra just hang out day as we knew the parks would be busy due to it being Saturday.

We did something neither of us has ever done.
The Canoes!
I have never even been here when they are running before so...we are going to ride them.
P1150457.JPG P1150461.JPGOur Guide....
He made us work. I am pretty sure we made it in record time. We caught up to the canoe ahead of us. But I am glad we did it.

P1150462.JPG DH paddling... and telling me to get to work. :rotfl2:

After the Canoe ride (workout) we headed over by Harbour Galley and found the path where there is more seating and you can see people on Splash Mountain during the drop and they go under you on part of the path. Its a nice quiet spot.
P1150466.JPG

Ooops I am out of space I will continue on the next post.

P1150474.JPG

Part of the path is a very cute little area boardwalk area.
P1150471.JPG DH and I on the dock.
P1150472.JPG

That is about all I took pictures of that day.
We decided I could use a real nap with snoring to my hearts content. :blush:

So after our nap we headed back into the parks to see how busy it was and if there was anything we could ride without standing in line all night.
We headed into DCA
We walked through Mad Tea Party area
Headed over to see what the wait time was for the Tower Of Terror it was too long we were also wanting to see how well the Disney App works for wait times.
after that we walked through Bugs land to Cars.
We will take pictures with the camera tonight.
We didn't even bother looking to see the wait time for RSR we just took a couple paths we have never been on. Looking for those short cuts.
We went over to see how busy the cove bar was... ya no. They look to be expanding the deck and adding to the Cove. But the line was silly! So we kept going and decided to get in line and ride TSMM. It was a 45 min wait I think but hey we were in DCA 45 min is not all that bad.
After that we hit Corn dog Castle and grabbed dinner. Yummmm that is a pretty awesome corn dog. We both were either really hungry or it was freaking awesome!
After dinner we decided to head over to DL before the park started closing at DCA and the masses headed over there.
It was pretty busy in DL already and we headed over to Frontier land and see how packed it was. Indiana Jones was a 35 min wait so we went. It takes 20 of those min to get down to the ride.
after that we headed over toward BTMR and we started hitting the big mess. Fantasmic was going so we moved out of that area did some window shopping along the way. I had to remind myself and DH this was a bonus day. we are not here to run around and try to ride everything. Lets shop
We ran into the Paint the Night parade and watched it from a little ways back so we could sit. I plan to see it up close before we leave.
after that we pretty much slowed down and shopped and wandered around.
We decided it was way too crowded and went to Downtown Disney for drinks at Uva bar.
We had a couple super ouch strong drinks there then decided to head back to the hotel. by now it is around 11:30pm. But look The Disney Store is open.
So we shopped our way through. Got a couple gifts and souvenirs then to the room for sleep!

Bed at 12:30 Parks at 8AM?
ick! LOL
I will try and update todays later tonight.

Sorry to take so long updating. Being home is almost as good as being on vacation... LOL
So the path I took pictures of on the last post is also the spot they dock the Sailing ship Columbia, to get around there you can either go around the front of Harbor Galley or from the other side just past the bridge over splash there is a beverage and snack cart with umbrellas and it looks like you should not go behind the umbrella but you can and it is a cute, quiet little path.
You can watch people go down the drop.
P1150820.JPG

See them come by after the drop...
P1150821.JPG

Sit and have lunch....
P1150823.JPG P1150826.JPG

And see the sailing ship Columbia up close...

P1150830.JPG P1150829.JPG

It is amazing to me how fast the Christmas stuff appears with out you seeing it happen.
Or even realizing it was not there yesterday.
example:
Night pictures of the 1st night we were there then the last night.

P1150484.JPG
No Christmas tree, Then suddenly Christmas tree!
P1150876.JPG

All I can really say about It's a small world is WOW.
Yes WOW
P1150537.JPG P1150522.JPG
More on next post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter