I know I might be a little crazy...

I think maybe the fountain by The Carthay is about where the sun fountain was.

Just a quick good morning,

IMG_0980.JPG

I just love this pic.

If you don't have kids or your kids don't care about meeting Tinker Bell you should check out Pixie Hollow when there is no one around I have some great desktop pics from there. It is fun to poke around and see all the hidden fairies. And then shrink down to their size.

IMG_1121.JPG IMG_1124.JPG IMG_1234.JPG IMG_1239.JPG

Hi Ho Hi Ho Its off to work I go
Have a fantastic Tuesday!:drive:

IMG_1171.JPG IMG_1266.JPG IMG_1168.JPG IMG_1268.JPG
I love haunted mansion.
Again I might be crazy but I like it best at Halloween and Christmas time when it has the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay.
These are a couple pictures I have taken at different times of the Mansion.
And every time I am there the flowers under this fountain are different.
This is just the same trip night v.s day.

Following along, since we're hoping for a trip next year during this same time (1st-2nd week of Nov). And I love your 50th pics, since I took two different trips during all that excitement.

Following along, since we're hoping for a trip next year during this same time (1st-2nd week of Nov). And I love your 50th pics, since I took two different trips during all that excitement.

Welcome. Thanks for joining us.
I sure hope the dates we chose will not be to busy. :cool1:

Last edited:
Ahhhh the end to another week.... 4 ten hour days is pretty awesome but exhausting.
So off to way more fun stuff! The weekend and Disneyland pictures.

aladin jasmin.JPG

This is the only decent picture I have but I have to say I love Aladdin. We had priority seating for this and I loved it. Aladdin is one of my very favorite Disney movies. I loved this show. DH and I are planning to see it for like the 5th time as I hear it is leaving as of January 2016. I sure hope it is a temporary break.

calif adventure.JPG

I am going to have to try and remember to get a new shot or two of the main street into Hollywood Back lot. I am pretty sure the entire area is new.

Back to my favorite ride ever!!!!

tower of terror.JPG
I just love the Tower Hotel.
I would stay there! :rotfl2:

freakkkkksss.JPG

Then there is the Tortilla factory (Now Ghirardelli soda fountain chocolate factory) and Boudin Bakery Bakery tour Right across from Seasons of the Vine (Now Wine Country Trattoria).
I am pretty sure this has changed a lot too.

I know these pictures are just horrible and I promise my photography is much better now.
But my Friend Karen insisted we go see the Grand Californian....

disneylandhotellobby.JPG spot for rachel.JPG

I loved this giant nook. and I mean GIANT!

Ok Funny story about out trip around the GC.
We decided we would take the hotel entrance into DCA and on the way walked past the big pool that was all blocked off with private party signs and we of course talked about who could possibly be taking over the pool for a party. No one was around so we headed to potty before hitting the park. I can't justify paying that much to pass out at night I leave the hotel in the morning I come back in the evening to die, nope cant justify it. I will stay in the good neighbor hotels. anyway 2 of the 4 of us had to use the rest room.
Karen and I... Yes I was in DL with 2 Karens...
Karen&Christie@breakfast.JPG
Cheesy I know....:rotfl:

So 2 waited out on a bench and we went in. While in the stall 2 girls came in talking about having been on splash mountain and how wet they got. Sounded like they had a good time. when I came out to wash my hands there was a plaid standing by the door with a board look on her face holding a stack of peoples belongings. (I was almost afraid it was a rest room attendant holding hand towels or something ritzy like that). Anyway my friend and I left the rest room and our other 2 friends were all excited.
They were like did you see her? and we were like who? And they were like Kirsten Dunst!! And we were like NO WAY!!
We talked about waiting for them to come out but thought that might be too rude so we moved on.
But I can now say I peed with Kirsten Dunst.:laughing:

I have to admit I am running out of 2005 photos.... so I will cut this short tonight. :wave:

Last edited:
Haha that's awesome! Before we went, I Googled 'pictures of celebrities in Disneyland' just to see if I would recognize anyone. Not so much! I am pretty out of touch with who is famous these days, and even if I did recognize Julia Roberts or Harrison Ford, I would likely be too timid to disturb them!!

Haha that's awesome! Before we went, I Googled 'pictures of celebrities in Disneyland' just to see if I would recognize anyone. Not so much! I am pretty out of touch with who is famous these days, and even if I did recognize Julia Roberts or Harrison Ford, I would likely be too timid to disturb them!!
I think that is my favorite "on my first trip to DL stories"

We had no idea about Parades on our first trip. But when we got stuck due to this one called "Block Party Bash" I was amazed at how athletic these people are.

crazy dudes.JPG running out of breath.JPG

And the costumes are so cute!

cute bugs.JPG aintshe cute.JPG

I love Bugs! LOL

And Monsters....blue guy.JPG blue monstar.JPG
check him out.JPG

And Bugs....

And Army Men....army man.JPG

Speaking of Bugs....
I was an honorary Bug!

bug.JPG

I was not too bad at selfies even back then!

Sorry I have not posted for a while, But I am not gone just super busy. I will add more soon I promise.

I booked Dinner Sunday night @ Carnation Cafe!!!!
I have wanted to eat there many times but it always was so busy. I guess I never realized you need to make a reservation. :rolleyes1

I want to do something Tuesday night for my birthday.
We have done the Blue Bayou the last few trips so I know DH is not interested in going there again.
Any recommendations for a good birthday dinner date?

I came across a couple 2005 pictures of the Disneyland Hotel, and the Hat!

downtown disney2.JPG downtowndisney.JPG

The Disneyland Hotel still had the balconies.
The Disneyland Hat has 50th Anniversary decor!

I am pretty sure this is the first RFC I had ever seen that was not in a mall!:rotfl:

rainforest cafe.JPG rainforestcafe2.JPG

We saw a guy that was headed back to his hotel carrying this. (I have a friend that is a train freak so I asked if I could get a picture)

train.JPG

It has been a hard day I think I could use one of these about now...
yummm.JPG

Loving all the photos - will be neat to see which ones you can "recreate"

My understanding is the Aladdin show will be gone for good, replaced by a Frozen one (my guess is they want to do a trial run of Frozen before it goes to Broadway, as was done with Aladdin)

Loving all the photos - will be neat to see which ones you can "recreate"

My understanding is the Aladdin show will be gone for good, replaced by a Frozen one (my guess is they want to do a trial run of Frozen before it goes to Broadway, as was done with Aladdin)

I will have to log on while in the parks and try to find some of the places again... :)

Good Morning :flower3:
I have been searching for all my old photos and I am not finding them. I will keep looking.
But I did find a couple with the old Golden Gate Bridge that used to be over DCA.
These were taken in October 2008 I think.

image22.jpg image04.jpg
I am looking in the total wrong direction....:rolleyes1

I found this wall mural that I think was in DL. But I am not sure. I know it is not there now. Can anyone tell me for sure if this was at DL or WDW?

FXCD0011.JPG
FXCD0010.JPG

And this is a way better picture of the Mickey 50th garden.

I will keep searching for the rest of my pics and post more later
Have a super fantastic day!:eeyore:

Happy Friday!!!!
It has been a crazy week! But Happy dance! :dancer: I paid off the trip yesterday!
Now all I need is spending money...:tongue:

It has been a busy couple weeks....
My Granddaughter turned 1! :bday:

P1150403 (480x640).jpg This is her with her mommy.... P1150413.JPG

She is so stinking cute!

And I have been doing some Fall Cleaning..... :crazy:
I guess i am more of a fall cleaner than a spring cleaner....
BUT look what i found!
I totally forgot I had this!

P1150434.JPG P1150429.JPG P1150430.JPG P1150432.JPG

Yup I bought a battery and I have been wearing it.
I love this watch:love:

I am hunting for more of my 50th photos.
I know I have a disk somewhere with more pictures. :rolleyes1
I will keep looking.
More later Have a fantastic day!

So I was finally able to upload my DL Trick-Or -Treat party crowd picture from last year.

P1140715.JPG
We were looking for someplace to have dinner and most of the sit down spots were closed. Unless you were eating at the BB or had a res for something we were screwed.

I also found a photo of a couple of the girls in front of Walt's apartment.

IMG_20141009_194606.jpg

And finally I came across another photo of the castle during the 50th.

P1140792.JPG

And a great photo of the Castle last year.

P1140720.JPG

Ok now I am really done for today! LOL
Have a great Friday! :hmghost:

2015-phone-pics-314-jpg.121606

Mickey Beignets and a Mocha @ Mint Julep. :drinking1

So I haven't read any further yet, but THIS. OMG I need this when I go in November.

Ok, now back to catching up :goodvibes

That watch is pretty darn cool - how fun to come across it as part of fall cleaning!

I've been eying a ton of the 60th anniversary merchandise that I want to get

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter