I just paid $80 for 3 drinks at Trader Sam's!

We're very excited to visit in December since we missed it in June. Where I'm from, a majority of those prices are the normal price of cocktails here, and without any type of glass to keep! In fact, at a bar here, I once paid $71 for three drinks - after tip it came to over $90. Not that I throw that sort of money around all the time, but for Disney (and certain other special occasions), I'll save up and go for it. We're not very big drinkers so I would think we may only have one drink there each, but I'm still extremely excited!

Just got back and spent and evening at TS. It was a lot of fun. We went, waited for a pager. Sat on the patio and within 15 min we were called. Upon arrival in the bar it's pretty much 1 goes out 1 comes in. There are not a lot of places to sit. Half our party stood and the others grabbed stools at the communal table. The "show" is fun but popular drinks re-cycle the effects (UH-O! again!) We all opted to get the glass with our drinks. My DD noticed that stamped on the bottom is "first edition" Since we went later in the evening there were no children.

I assume that the Tambu Lounge is still pretty much the same? I always loved the Lapu Lapu and I bet that it costs as much as these.

I don't care much for the souvenir glasses even though I'd like to see them in person before I rule them out. There's a few drinks that I'd like to try though.

Sorry, no, you're incorrect.

Red robin glass:
wrK4Kck.jpg

HippopotoMaiTai glass:
47FA6DU.png

Similar shape but distinctly different faces and colors. The HippopotoMaiTai also says "Trader Sam's" on the back. So... it's exclusive. :)

I've only been to the TS at DL and I have two of the first glass. I have since seen them at other restaurants. I love the second glass and am very glad they have a TS exclusive mai tai glass now. I hope they have it at DL too. So @bumbershoot could have had that first glass when she was at the DL TS. :)

it was so much fun, drinks were good, but $80 with tip!!! For 3 drinks!!! :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

We ordered...
Uh-Oa
Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum
Margarita

Just wanted you to be prepared. Should have known when there were no prices on the drink menu. :P

I'm sure I'm 6 pages too late on this, but you paid about $40-45 for 3 drinks and $35-40 for souvenir glasses.

it was so much fun, drinks were good, but $80 with tip!!! For 3 drinks!!! :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

We ordered...
Uh-Oa
Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum
Margarita

Just wanted you to be prepared. Should have known when there were no prices on the drink menu. :P

Yup we went to Trader Sam's for the first time on our recent trip to DLR and our bill for 6 of us was over $300!!:drinking1

We had never been before and it was a gift that we had given the other 2 people in our party and we had a great time so it was worth the splurge:thumbsup2

I've never even heard of this place but I certainly wont be visiting with prices like that. What is the justifiable means for paying $80 for 4 drinks? Is there a character meet and greet? Some other kind of experience?

Things happen inside the bar when people order certain drinks on that menu.

Some of those (the UhOah) likely included the souvenir glasses - you can pay for just the drink with at least some of them.

I understand the availability of the Nautilus mug is still sketchy. I want one also but who knows if they will have it next month...if you want one, and they have it, buy it.

We just went last week, and were able to get the Nautilus souvenir....which we then had to figure out how to get back to California.
P.S
The Nautilus is a fun drink to order because of the wackiness that ensues when they bring your order....it's even more fun to drink and totally worth the price.

Odd question but. Can you buy the glasses without the drink. I want the shrunken head but I have no stomach for 151.

The souvenir mugs and containers are what really up the price, but just check out what the empty ones are selling for on eBay-I've seen more than one person actually BUY the Nautilus for upwards of $85, no cocktail for two, and no edible gardenia! You could fund your Trader Sam's visits by keeping the ones you want yourself for a souvenir and selling off the rest!

I got the Nautilus on my summer trip, it was $52. That was with the souvenir mug/boat. You can also order the drinks without the mug. They still come served in mugs but you don't get to take a new one home.

Odd question but. Can you buy the glasses without the drink. I want the shrunken head but I have no stomach for 151.

At the Disneyland Trader Sams you can purchase the glass without the drink. Of course price wise if I remember correctly it makes more sense to get it in the drink. They give you a fresh glass on your way out so if anyone in your party is game I would have them get the drink and you keep the glass. One thing they won't do is put a different drink in a souvenir glass.

I am a Disneyland Trader Sams regular (it is my favorite local bar) and the prices for Cali are not terrible. I never order off the specialty menu. They can make pretty much anything you want and the prices are better than those in the park or at any of the Downtown Disney restaurants. Way cheaper than LA prices as well. It is the souvenir glasses that make the price jump.... though they are worth it. I love my Shrunken Zombie head "ice cream bowl".

My hubby doesn't drink. Can he just order a soda or seltzer water?

They have plenty of fruity non-alcoholic drinks but they also have soda and stuff like that. It is pretty common to order non-alcoholic stuff, at least at the Disneyland Sams.

The only souvenir I wanted from my August Poly trip was the Nautilus

Of course we got a zombie head and a pearl to go with it

Love TS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter