• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I just paid $80 for 3 drinks at Trader Sam's!

It is an experience and drinks are about the same as anywhere on property unless you want the souvenir mug. You can always order the drinks without

These seem like pretty normal tiki bar prices to me...I was at Frankie's Tiki Room in Vegas last month and my bill was $75 for 4 drinks, 3 of which came with souvenir tiki mugs. That was before tip, so the op's bill doesn't really seem outrageous to me if we're comparing apples to apples.
We've been to Frankie's a couple times...really a classic. You can drink cheaper after you've already been once and bought the mugs!

it was so much fun, drinks were good, but $80 with tip!!! For 3 drinks!!! :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

We ordered...
Uh-Oa
Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum
Margarita

Just wanted you to be prepared. Should have known when there were no prices on the drink menu. :P

Welcome to Disney World :)

I just looked at the menu on this thread, and am budgeting $80 just for me!

One uh oah
one hippopotamaitai
one shrunken head.

WITH the souvenirs.

Tis Disney Prices.

My question is, I *might* get DH to share, but, he doesn't like a lot of alcohol.
Will I need rolling "home"? (lucky we're at the Poly)

The Uh Oah is supposed to be for at least two people, so you should count that as four drinks.

It is an experience and drinks are about the same as anywhere on property unless you want the souvenir mug

Yes, you're getting some entertainment with your drinks, I thought it was a lot of fun. And I'll repeat myself saying those drinks are really good, better quality than many of the other watering holes at WDW.

the op's bill doesn't really seem outrageous to me if we're comparing apples to apples.

Or pineapples to pineapples ;)

One uh oah
one hippopotamaitai
one shrunken head.

WITH the souvenirs.

Tis Disney Prices.

My question is, I *might* get DH to share, but, he doesn't like a lot of alcohol.
If you drink an Uh-Oa on your own PLUS the other two, I would not plan on a steady walk back to the room. ;)

One uh oah
one hippopotamaitai
one shrunken head.

WITH the souvenirs.

Tis Disney Prices.

Drink plenty of water with them! It depends on your tolerance, of course, but I've done that much (uh, twice last week at Trader Sam's) and been able to go right back to the parks after.
My sister and I had six each at Disneyland one day (5 drinks each and split an Uh-Oa) and we were feeling pretty good, but still went back to the park after and were not hungover the next day.

Drink plenty of water with them! It depends on your tolerance, of course, but I've done that much (uh, twice last week at Trader Sam's) and been able to go right back to the parks after.
My sister and I had six each at Disneyland one day (5 drinks each and split an Uh-Oa) and we were feeling pretty good, but still went back to the park after and were not hungover the next day.
Reassuring.
That' the thing with once in a life time, you have to do it ALL AT ONCE :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter