I Cut My Hair! I'm getting [Dread] Locs! UPDATED - Pg 39!

Welcome back! How did your hair hold up in the FL heat and humidity? Do you need another retwist?

Stopping in to say hello!

It was great to meet you!!

Can't wait to hear about your trip! Wasn't the lack of crowds wonderful?!?

Here are the pics!

I think this first one is you with Stevie Wonder . . .

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

Here are the pics!

I think this first one is you with Stevie Wonder . . .

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg
You are too funny, Glenda! Stevie Wonder!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

4boysrus, were you bad that you didn't get the same shirt as your family members? Or did they just not send you the memo? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey Glenda, I just wanted to compliment you on your hair journey! Wow, that is quite a leap to make, but I am happy that you are enjoying int. It will be interesting to see the whole process evolve.

Will you be posting a TR?

Suz

Welcome back!

Welcome Back, I cant wait to hear more about your trip and your hair!!

Welcome back! How did your hair hold up in the FL heat and humidity? Do you need another retwist?

Hey Glenda, I just wanted to compliment you on your hair journey! Wow, that is quite a leap to make, but I am happy that you are enjoying int. It will be interesting to see the whole process evolve.

Will you be posting a TR?

Suz

Welcome back Glenda!!! Can't wait to hear ALL about the trip! And the TR starts when..........?????? :rotfl:

Thanks everybody for welcoming me back! I'm slowly getting used to the "real world".

As for my hair, it LOVED all the heat and humidity! It looks great, and it held up much better there than at home! I don't have to go back to the shop till next week. I MAY go back on Thursday though, so I can look cute this weekend! HA! :cutie:

Trip Report - havent started it yet, cause I can't get my video clips to load on Photobucket - and yes, they are the right length and format - so I dont know what the problem is. If any of you know of another site, please let me know. Thanks!

Hey Glenda,
Your hair looks fabulous. How did you find your shop? My son wants locs also and I'm having the hardest time finding a shop. We live in the Philly area and there are 1,000's of African braiding shops (I have kinky twist in my hair) but none that do locs.

Eliza

Hey Glenda,
Your hair looks fabulous. How did you find your shop? My son wants locs also and I'm having the hardest time finding a shop. We live in the Philly area and there are 1,000's of African braiding shops (I have kinky twist in my hair) but none that do locs.

Eliza

Wow! I'm really surprised! I just asked my neighbor where she got hers done. Also when I did a search for Loc pics on Fotki, a woman from Baltimore stated that she'd gotten her hair done at the same shop as my neighbor.

Have you tried asking at those shops for another shop to go to? Also, I would ask anyone I saw with them where they got them done. I thought it would be easy to find a place in Philly. I'll try doing a search - I'll let you know what I find . . .

Milieu by Auset
201 N 50th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19139-2724

My computer is a bit slow right now. So that's the only one I've come up with. Try doing a google search.

mine is the "girl" version. white with neon Minnie. ;)
I'm just way outnumbered in my family. :lmao:

You are too funny, Glenda! Stevie Wonder!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

4boysrus, were you bad that you didn't get the same shirt as your family members? Or did they just not send you the memo? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mine is the "girl" version. white with neon Minnie. ;)
I'm just way outnumbered in my family. :lmao:
Thanks for clarifying that. I couldn't see the image on your shirt. We had matching girl/boy shirts the last two times we went to WDW.

So there you have it DISers! The first day of me growing [Dread]locks! Or as we say in the Black community, Locing my hair! Hopefully in a few years I'll have long beautiful Locs!

Good luck with ur dreads. I so wouldnt be able to pull it off, nor would i be able to cut my hair. Take good care of them and they'll look good. Are you gonna do the upkeep yourself or keep going to the salon? My ex started and maintained his dreads on his own, occasionally he'd get it done by girls in the building :-)mad: ) but for the most part he did it himself. they grew pretty fast too. I bet urs will look better than his. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter