I Cut My Hair! I'm getting [Dread] Locs! UPDATED - Pg 39!

it is looking great.

I have been put on cancel alert again. Biff is really nervous about Ike.

I hope we go.

Love the locs!

I braidlocked my DD's hair - she has over 700 locs on her head! The girl has hair LOL! It took me over 30 hours to install. I made the locs super tiny so they'll look like sisterlocs as they mature.

i have lurked and sometimes posted ( heehee) on your reports..and i just love them..so i had to check out the new do'...LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! It looks so fresh on you..i can't wait to see the progress..
Have a great trip!! :goodvibes
Thanks! I see my DeLurkeraphier is working . . .:wizard: Hopefully, I'll keep updating it every month! Thanks for posting!

it is looking great.

I have been put on cancel alert again. Biff is really nervous about Ike.

I hope we go.
OH NO!!!! I hope you go too!!! We're sooo close!

Okaaaayyyyy, I am a little slllloooowwwwww! Looks great! :)
Hey! I remember you . . .:rolleyes: Thanks for stopping by! :hug: I'll be glad when you can see them in person!

Love the locs!

I braidlocked my DD's hair - she has over 700 locs on her head! The girl has hair LOL! It took me over 30 hours to install. I made the locs super tiny so they'll look like sisterlocs as they mature.
OH MY GOSH!!! Do you have any pics? How long has she had them?!

Glad you posted! :surfweb:

Hi,
more from the "delurkeraphier"! :) I love your hair, I think you look much younger with it short. I wish I could convince myself of the same thing!:rolleyes1 Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes
Dana

I am so glad you have decided to share your hair journey with us!! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to watch it evolve!

Have a BLAST at WDW!!!

I'm so glad I found this in time to say you look fabulous (as always) and have a wonderful trip!!! My family leaves for DLR in 12 days and we are as excited as ever but I will still hold a special place in my heart for my 'Ohana chance Dismeet with the one and only GlendaMax! You KNOW I'll be watching for your report!

Dude, that is AWESOME

and informative. I also had no idea how they 'got started'

I totally wanna see monthly updates ;)

I wish I had the courage to do something like that. Good for you for doing something you wanted. I can't wait to see the progress.

Hello Glenda, I am so excited to hear your getting locks. I am 4 years sister locked:banana: I will send you a link to my lock progress photos. I love my locks:cheer2:

Heya! While waiting for a load of laundry to finish I thought I'd post some update pics! Tomorrow will be 3 weeks!

IMG_2765.jpg
IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg
IMG_2766.jpg

I don't know if you can tell by the pics, but my hair is a bit longer, and each loc is a bit thicker! I'm really excited! But, as days go by and the product dries up real good in my hair, they will shrink a little. So My hair will bit a shorter and thicker by the time I'm in Disney in TWO DAYS!!! WOO-HOO!!!!

The Journey Continues . . .

:wave2:

Too Cute Ms. Glenda!! :thumbsup2 The look is good on you. :)

I know that you are enjoying your trip right about now, but keep us informed and I cant wait till you get back to tell us all about it

Heya! While waiting for a load of laundry to finish I thought I'd post some update pics! Tomorrow will be 3 weeks!

IMG_2765.jpg
IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg
IMG_2766.jpg

I don't know if you can tell by the pics, but my hair is a bit longer, and each loc is a bit thicker! I'm really excited! But, as days go by and the product dries up real good in my hair, they will shrink a little. So My hair will bit a shorter and thicker by the time I'm in Disney in TWO DAYS!!! WOO-HOO!!!!

The Journey Continues . . .

:wave2:
Wow! Looking great. I know that you're not even thinking about what is being posted right now because you are busy having TOO MUCH FUN!!! I am getting ready to cut the grass, do:laundy: , go to work, and wish I was at WDW. Oh well, the Disney Blues continue :sad2: .....Enjoy your trip. Can't wait to see pics and read your next TR!popcorn::

Looks very nice , but does it hurt at all ?

Also can I ask how come you had to get your hair cut off to start out.
Cant they just start with what hair you have ,, wash and start twisting
away ?

Just asking , I know nothing about the process other than what you
had to have mentioned.

looks great

Way to go Glenda! You look great and I can't wait to see the progress :thumbsup2

It's been a while...hope you are doing well :goodvibes

away ?

had to have mentioned.

looks great

I am not Glenda but I can answer these questions.

No it does not hurt
Natural hair locs can only be done with virgin hair that has not been chemically treated (relaxer or perm). :surfweb: Hope this helps.

Stopping in to say hello!

It was great to meet you!!

Can't wait to hear about your trip! Wasn't the lack of crowds wonderful?!?

Glenda,

Kept an eye out hoping to see & meet you at AKL (I think that's where I read you'd be at this week). DH & I returned today from celebrating our anniversary at the lodge. Met other Dis'ers there & at WOD at DTD, but really wish we could have met you. I wanted to see the new "do" and to tell you how much I enjoy your TR's.

Hope you had a great vacation & a safe trip home. :goodvibes

Hi,
more from the "delurkeraphier"! :) I love your hair, I think you look much younger with it short. I wish I could convince myself of the same thing!:rolleyes1 Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes
Dana
Hey Dana! Do it! Do the "big chop" before it gets really cold!

I am so glad you have decided to share your hair journey with us!! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to watch it evolve!

Have a BLAST at WDW!!!
I had FUN! I met alot of DISers, and it was great not having to worry about my hair!

I'm so glad I found this in time to say you look fabulous (as always) and have a wonderful trip!!! My family leaves for DLR in 12 days and we are as excited as ever but I will still hold a special place in my heart for my 'Ohana chance Dismeet with the one and only GlendaMax! You KNOW I'll be watching for your report!
LEEEESAH!!!! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you all have a great time on vaca. Hopefully by the time the time you get back, I would've started my report. Most likely, I'll post a link to the report in my siggie! I hope you'll do one too!

I think it looks GREAT! Thanks for letting us share this with you! :flower3:
Thank you! I hope you'll stick around!

Dude, that is AWESOME

and informative. I also had no idea how they 'got started'

I totally wanna see monthly updates ;)
I definetly intend on doing the updates. After all, it was other people's journals that encouraged me to start!

I wish I had the courage to do something like that. Good for you for doing something you wanted. I can't wait to see the progress.
Thanks! You should pick something you really wanna do too, and complete it before the year is out!

Hello Glenda, I am so excited to hear your getting locks. I am 4 years sister locked:banana: I will send you a link to my lock progress photos. I love my locks:cheer2:
OOOOH! Please send! I would love to see them! Last week while in WDW, I noticed that I have a few "buds" - my hair is actually starting to loc ALREADY!!! :cheer2:

I didn't realize it was such a process to get locs. They look so cute on you. Have a great trip to WDW.
Thanks! I had a great time, and actually rode some things I was scared to before . . . so stay tuned for my report! :surfweb:

Too Cute Ms. Glenda!! :thumbsup2 The look is good on you. :)

I know that you are enjoying your trip right about now, but keep us informed and I cant wait till you get back to tell us all about it
Hey "Cuties' Mom"! Photobucket still won't upload my videos. I'll try again tomorrow, and hopefully start my report by the end of the week!

Wow! Looking great. I know that you're not even thinking about what is being posted right now because you are busy having TOO MUCH FUN!!! I am getting ready to cut the grass, do:laundy: , go to work, and wish I was at WDW. Oh well, the Disney Blues continue :sad2: .....Enjoy your trip. Can't wait to see pics and read your next TR!popcorn::
Hey Dad! Thanks for poppin in! Glad you like the new do! :cutie:

away ?

had to have mentioned.

looks great
June, if this was a pop quiz, you would've failed! :lmao: As I posted before, you can't start with permed or relaxed hair, so they had to cut it off. And no, it doesnt hurt. It's just twisting your hair with some gel.

I am not Glenda but I can answer these questions.

No it does not hurt
Natural hair locs can only be done with virgin hair that has not been chemically treated (relaxer or perm). :surfweb: Hope this helps.
Why thank you! Now where's that link!

Stopping in to say hello!

It was great to meet you!!

Can't wait to hear about your trip! Wasn't the lack of crowds wonderful?!?
HEY!!!!!! As soon as I upload the pics from the day we met at EPCOT, I'll post it! I was sooooo excited to spot you! :wave2:

Glenda,

Kept an eye out hoping to see & meet you at AKL (I think that's where I read you'd be at this week). DH & I returned today from celebrating our anniversary at the lodge. Met other Dis'ers there & at WOD at DTD, but really wish we could have met you. I wanted to see the new "do" and to tell you how much I enjoy your TR's.

Hope you had a great vacation & a safe trip home. :goodvibes
Hey! Our trip home was uneventful thank Goodness! Sorry we didnt run into each other. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to plan another trip . . . :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter