I am so sick and tired of people taking things to far!

I saw a shirt for a 5 yr old that say's "who's my daddy" TOTALLY wrong! and what's with the words on the butt's of shorts? No 8 yr old is juicy, hot, ect ect

Not trying to be PC but those things are just not supposed to be on a kids mind that young... they really have to grow up fast :(

A Purity ring is a ring declaring that a child won't have sex until marriage. It's a personal choice but a choice that the school agreed to so they can wear them.

What gets me is that I wore my grandmothers ring all through school. It was and still is very special to me. I don't know what the difference is. Something that means somthing to the child.

Heck I can remember when our boys used to get paddled. The teacher would go to get another teacher to witness the paddling and while he was gone the kid being paddled would take every wallet from every one of us and stuff it down his pants so the paddling wouldn't hurt. It was so funny.

I saw a shirt for a 5 yr old that say's "who's my daddy" TOTALLY wrong! and what's with the words on the butt's of shorts? No 8 yr old is juicy, hot, ect ectNot trying to be PC but those things are just not supposed to be on a kids mind that young... they really have to grow up fast :(

I swear these are made by a bunch of perverts. DD13 just got her 1st pair with soccer across the butt. I also never understood why you would want someone looking at your kids butt.

Oh and DD didn't have a 2 peice for the longest time either as she was just a bit to active to chance it.

A Purity ring is a ring declaring that a child won't have sex until marriage. It's a personal choice but a choice that the school agreed to so they can wear them.

What gets me is that I wore my grandmothers ring all through school. It was and still is very special to me. I don't know what the difference is. Something that means somthing to the child.

Heck I can remember when our boys used to get paddled. The teacher would go to get another teacher to witness the paddling and while he was gone the kid being paddled would take every wallet from every one of us and stuff it down his pants so the paddling wouldn't hurt. It was so funny.
:lmao:

I had to laugh at the new KFC commercial where an entire office goes into a panic over a plastic knife. The sad thing is it's not that much of a stretch.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That commercial is PRICELESS!:thumbsup2

All I can say is FOR EVERYTHING...."The Inmates are running the asylums"!
It is a crazy crazy crazy world!

In my daughter's high school, they are required to have a ruler for certain classes, but not a wooden one, it could be considered a weapon????? Now kids, and adults can't tell where Washington D.C. is on a map but they have been taught at the ripe old age of 8 how to place a value on a human life and to make decisions on who should live or die in the lifeboat scenario. I think we should be teaching the basics again instead of socially and ethically questionable programs. And don't get me started on the new form of math where the kids learn everything all at once, but actually learn just enough to pass the test (after being given the answers) without actually learning the theory behind what they have been taught. That whole program was sold to the schools to sell a specific model and brand of calculator to all the students at approximately $100 each. The teachers didn't know how to teach with any other brand....Sheesh!!! All they showed them was what buttons to push and not understand what they were doing.....Ok enough before I get really upset again.:rotfl2:

By all accounts the MOST dangerous thing you can give a child is a Sharpened pencil!:scared1:

Yet in REALITY how often does a kid get seriously hurt with one?:confused3

How about playing outside with friends! Mine are out for at least 2-3 hours a day. Oh and TV's yes they have one in their room they are watching it right now. Its rotting their brains!

Who in the world came up idea of a play date??? What happened to kids just going outside and playing with other kids on the block?

If you told your mother the teacher hit you she would hit you for making the teacher hit you. :rotfl:

:thumbsup2:lmao:

I saw a shirt for a 5 yr old that say's "who's my daddy" TOTALLY wrong! and what's with the words on the butt's of shorts? No 8 yr old is juicy, hot, ect ect

You know some crazy "parent" will purchase that shirt.:sad2:

By all accounts the MOST dangerous thing you can give a child is a Sharpened pencil!:scared1:

How true this is! I have seem some damage a pencil has done to kids.

I often have to think when we go through airport screening, that noone ever takes away a pencil or pen--both of which could do serious damage in the hands of the wrong person just as well as other weapons!:confused3

If you can believe this - one of DD's friends had to go for surgery to have lead removed from her hand. She was walking down the hall, a kid was coming the other way carrying his pencils & one of them stuck deep in her hand! :eek:

Gives me the heebee geebees when I think about it!

How true this is! I have seem some damage a pencil has done to kids.

I often have to think when we go through airport screening, that noone ever takes away a pencil or pen--both of which could do serious damage in the hands of the wrong person just as well as other weapons!:confused3

I have had a Pen for years that I carry for work and travel. It's called a puncture pen. It has a rounded flat top that your thumb fits on and then the Pen is a finepoint that really locks into place. I take it through security every trip. i switched bags and in the process I can't find it now . I will find another but it's been years.

remember kick the can? That kept us busy for hours. The kids these days wouldn't play it because they may get cut by the "can" or get e-coli or something.

This newest generation is coddled :guilty: They also think they are entitled just because they breathe. :guilty: Yes, I have 3 teens and I admit that I coddled them for too long.:guilty:

To the OP- I completely agree with you 100% :thumbsup2

I slept in my own bed ALL the time.

I walked to school without my parents from 5th grade, even if it was dark or raining.

I never used hand sanitizer :sad2:

I don't think my parents ever disinfected the door handles or the telephone...

I was allowed to hold onto hand rails and still never came down with THE PLAGUE :confused3

My allowance wasn't tied to chores in any way.

This may have been because, besides caring for my own pets, I didn't have any chores as a kid. :scared1:

My parents took me out of school for a week every year until 8th grade for vacation, too.

I slept in my own bed ALL the time.

I walked to school without my parents from 5th grade, even if it was dark or raining.

I never used hand sanitizer :sad2:

I don't think my parents ever disinfected the door handles or the telephone...I was allowed to hold onto hand rails and still never came down with THE PLAGUE :confused3

. :scared1:

My parents took me out of school for a week every year until 8th grade for vacation, too.

I remember it being so dark coming home from a friends house at times, she would wait until I ran up the hill & made it to a neighbor who still had a light on & I would yell. I made it! Then I had another 2 blocks to go.

I do remember my mother always running around with LYSOIL spraying the air before company came.

I also remember still playing with Barbie until we were 12ish & hiding them in brown bags so the older kids did not find out.

we ate worms too

You ate worms? Really? Ewwww. Even I grew up in the era of swimming in creeks with leeches and riding bikes all around town etc. but I have to say, I never ate a worm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter