I am so sick and tired of people taking things to far!

JadenLayne

<font color=darkpink>I want to put my booty on rec
1. We played tag on the playground, hell we even played boys kiss the girls and girls kiss the boys and NONE of us have any permanent scars from it and it wasn't sexual harassment!

2. Just because a little boy or girl for that matter plays with a cap gun it does not mean they are going to end up being mass killers!

3. Just because a girl has aspiren or tylenol in her purse does not make her a drug user!

4. Why should kids not be allowed to hug each other at school or hold hands, we did it and again it wasn't sexual harassment and it didn't hurt anyone. If they are going to get pregnant holding hands isn't going to make it happen any sooner.

5. Parents STOP taking your kids side on every little thing! Our parents would never have dreamed of butting in when we did something wrong. Thats why the teachers were hired. No your child isn't an angel, if the teacher said they did it, the teacher isn't picking on your baby, your baby probably did it!

Can you tell I'm just annoyed as heck at the way things are now days. Kids aren't allowed to be kids anymore!

Did I mention we ate worms too? We also ate dirt and never came down with any illness. Oh and I never even knew what the word sue meant until I was an adult and now kids parents threaten to sue the school about anything. I think things are way to lax in school. I can't blame the teachers for being scared to do anything anymore.

My son got caught hiding under the desk in class. His excuse was well the class was boring. HELLO, is that an excuse, I don't think so! Oh my goodness we would never have done anything like that. The school wouldn't paddle him so DH went to the school and paddled him himself, LOL! I think it made a bigger impact on John-Cole then the teacher doing it!

Oh and no we didn't BEAT HIM, we just paddled him. Did his butt hurt, probably but you DO NOT hide under a desk to be funny!

I hear you! I think America is so busy trying to be politicaly correct all the time that the important stuff gets pushed to the side.

How about playing outside with friends! Mine are out for at least 2-3 hours a day. Oh and TV's yes they have one in their room they are watching it right now. Its rotting their brains!

Spanking are okay in my book! I'm sure my kids wish they weren't lol... and no I dont beat my kids either (why do we feel like we have to point that out for us that spank) I have other methods of punishment first.. but I do spank when nothing else works!

Our school wont allow chapstick because its a drug or something... comeon!!!!!!!!! Chapstick? what's gonna happen if they eat it? they are gonna poop!

How about playing outside with friends! Mine are out for at least 2-3 hours a day. Oh and TV's yes they have one in their room they are watching it right now. Its rotting their brains!

Spanking are okay in my book! I'm sure my kids wish they weren't lol... and no I dont beat my kids either (why do we feel like we have to point that out for us that spank) I have other methods of punishment first.. but I do spank when nothing else works!

Our school wont allow chapstick because its a drug or something... comeon!!!!!!!!! Chapstick? what's gonna happen if they eat it? they are gonna poop!

Seriously Chapstick? GOOD LORD!:rolleyes:

Oh and remember mud pies :lmao: how many of those did we eat when we were kids. :rotfl:

I am pretty protective of my kids overall but there is a lady in the neighborhood who is probably gonna call CPS on me because I let my kids play outside by themselves ALL the time. Hello???? My mother NEVER EVER went outside to watch while we were playing. Would have been totally weird. Had another mom kind of freaked out because I commented that in three hours I had only seen her DD and mine for about 15 min. It's not like I didn't know where they were! They were in DDs room, giggling, talking etc. WHY should I butt in on their time?

And the excuses.....oh, Makes me want to slap people. My SIL is particularly guilty of this.

I rode my bike & skated without a helmet.

We rode on the back seat dash board & looked at the stars in the Buick.

I sat on my mothers lap when I was a baby in the car.

I walked 7 blocks & my mother had no idea if we made it to school.

If you told your mother the teacher hit you she would hit you for making the teacher hit you.

:rotfl:

OOOO and glue, we ate glue!!!!!!!! Thats got to be worse than chapstick! We also used erasers to rub sores on the top of our hands. Was it stupid, YES but did we grow up to commit suicide, NO!!!!!!!!!

Oh and our girls can't even wear a ring unless it's a PURITY ring, come ON!!!!!!! A ring!!!! No necklaces, no bracelets and they even got in trouble for wearing their hair scrunchies as bracelets.

Busting tar bubbles in the street for HOURS..and still alive to talk about it!!

Oh and we also threw firecrackers in the gutter to listen to how loud they could be.

OOOO and glue, we ate glue!!!!!!!! Thats got to be worse than chapstick! We also used erasers to rub sores on the top of our hands. Was it stupid, YES but did we grow up to commit suicide, NO!!!!!!!!!

Oh and our girls can't even wear a ring unless it's a PURITY ring, come ON!!!!!!! A ring!!!! No necklaces, no bracelets and they even got in trouble for wearing their hair scrunchies as bracelets.
DD's school isn't that bad. What's a PURITY ring?

The new principal of the high school here is banning body piercings(except for ears) at school or any school function. Even for parents and other grownups at football games and anyother school function. He says "why have two sets of rules for kids and grownups" He said if you show up at the games not dressed as the dress code says you will be asked to leave.

ETA: I agree with the principal on these things btw.

This country has everyone afraid of their own shadow. The lawmakers and people in charge of schools and places of employment are just frustrated because they can't seem to control behavior. Funny how a little discipline used to take care of that just fine.

I had to laugh at the new KFC commercial where an entire office goes into a panic over a plastic knife. The sad thing is it's not that much of a stretch.

I believe in spanking children and teaching them to show respect to their teachers. But my parents took this to the extreme and teachers knew it too. I never got a spanking at school because if my parents found out I would get one at home too. That is ok but when the teacher takes advantage of it then you are in trouble. Both my brothers were beaten at school and were afraid to tell our parents for that reason.

In high school the principal called me into the office not because I was in trouble but because my boyfriend, now husband, was in trouble. The principal wanted me to rat out my boyfriend and told me if I did not he would call my Dad and he would take a strap to me. :confused3 I did not know what had happened and told the principal so. Also told him to call my Dad and I would tell him the same thing. He never called but I told my parents when I got home. Of course I got a lecture.

BTW this was in the 60's.:hippie:

I didn't read the entire post but agree with OP 100% .

And don't get me started on the clothing choices. DD13 is Ok now but from 9 until then all we could find was things a Hooker shouldn't be wearing.

Why do they all what kids to grow up so fast.

The real sad thing is most of the kids know we can't really do anything to them . We have just been so lucky with DD and the decisions she makes with our guidance.

I blame the Lawyers for there sue at all cost and the courts for not holding them accountable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter