Howdy! FW Cabin FAQ Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll have a great time. Depending on how big your kids are, y'all might be able to all fit on the GC. At one time we had 7 on but we were really pushing it. I'm sure we were a sight to see. If you can borrow your mom's, though, I think you will be glad to have it. Especially if you can get your kids' bikes there too - that way if the GC is too full, some could ride on the GC and some could bike, especially when you are going somewhere you can't drive your car to, like the Marina or other places within FW.

Have a great trip!

How long of a walk is it from the cabins (assume furthest) to the marina?
15-20 mins?

Thanks

Which loop or cabin should we request? Are you going to have a golf cart? If so, it really doesn't matter which loop or cabin you are in, as you will be able to easily take the cart to wherever you are going. If not, then you need to decide what is important to you - proximity to bus stops, the cabin pool, etc. Without a cart, you may also want to request a cabin close to the entrance to the loop as some of the loops are quite large and you could still have a pretty long walk once you get to the beginning of the loop.

I've never stayed onsite before - would we have access to other pools (i.e. wilderness lodge) or only the ft wilderness pool? Only the FW pools. There are 2 - the Meadows pool is roughly in the center of the campground near the trading post and the other is in the cabin loop area.

Can my sons pitch a tent beside the cabin? They probably would not sleep in it - but just stay out there until it got dark. I don't know for sure but I think I have read that this is not allowed.

Have a great trip! FW is such a fun place to be and the cabins are great. If you haven't yet, you'll want to familiarize yourself with a map of FW - I think there is one available through a link in one of the stickies.

Leslie

I'm so glad I found this thread!! I was just talking about these cabins to my dh. He loved the idea and told me to check into them. What's the best rate anyone had ever gotten for them? We're looking at going June 27 2009...what sure I look for? I need help.....

Opps, actually I meant 2007. But I digress...

Yeah, there are a few web sites (and books) that list them as "exclusive" but c'mon.....if you're a VIP are you really gonna stay in that small cabin? Or get a...I don't know...maybe a room at the POLY or GF? or WL, or AKL, or....well you get my point, right?

At any rate, we stayed there January 07 and the "VIP cabins" were just like the other cabins. Rates were the same. (Actually we used an AP rate at 169$ a night) All it was was a request for cabin 116 and we got it. Oddly enough the the other cabin went unoccupied our entire 10 day stay. (and it was over MLK weekend too).

So moral of the story...don't be afraid to ask....and don't believe everything you read.

Is it cabin 116 or 118 or 120 there has been a few different numbers out there and I want to make sure I request the right one.:surfweb:

Hiya Guys

Just posted this on the Camping Forum.

I've just spoken to the front desk at FWC and had it confirmed to me that all the Cabin Loops are now fully remodelled.

I surely hope he's right as were arriving in 59 days, not that I'm counting;)

I have a question about the cabins, do they have a tv in the bedroom?? We will be there this December and my daughter and I sleep with the tv going. Thank you for your help.:worship:

I have a question about the cabins, do they have a tv in the bedroom?? We will be there this December and my daughter and I sleep with the tv going. Thank you for your help.:worship:

Yes, there are 2 TVs - one in the bedroom and one in the den.

My husband and I are planning on coming to Disney World on Dec. 12th thru 18th. We have already made plans for the Wilderness Lodge with Deluxe Dining. I was wondering if we should stay in the cabins instead? I like having a kitchen and having a little more privacy. Any suggestions? No kiddos. Thanks!

lklasing I read your trip report at the cabins. It looks like you had a great time. thanks for sharing.

One more question (and i think i already know the answer but will ask just in case) - i know that golf carts are allowed and from what i am reading with as many kids as we have we will probably need some form of campground transportation, and i know that bikes are allowed, but are the children's power wheels allowed? I think this would be fun but i also see a lot of problems with allowing children to drive from point A to B. But if they allow children to drive bikes... My husband and I do not have bikes and neither does the baby, like i said before we wont all fit on one golf cart and renting two will blow my budget. I did find some other places in orlando that rent 6 pass. GC and will delvier/pickup to FW but for $447/6 days.
If not I suppose we could do one GF and let the big kids ride their bikes? Still thinking...still planning...still dreaming...

Hiya Guys

Just posted this on the Camping Forum.

I've just spoken to the front desk at FWC and had it confirmed to me that all the Cabin Loops are now fully remodelled.

I surely hope he's right as were arriving in 59 days, not that I'm counting;)

I just realized we will be there at the same time (Oct 11-17)

lklasing I read your trip report at the cabins. It looks like you had a great time. thanks for sharing.

One more question (and i think i already know the answer but will ask just in case) - i know that golf carts are allowed and from what i am reading with as many kids as we have we will probably need some form of campground transportation, and i know that bikes are allowed, but are the children's power wheels allowed? I think this would be fun but i also see a lot of problems with allowing children to drive from point A to B. But if they allow children to drive bikes... My husband and I do not have bikes and neither does the baby, like i said before we wont all fit on one golf cart and renting two will blow my budget. I did find some other places in orlando that rent 6 pass. GC and will delvier/pickup to FW but for $447/6 days.
If not I suppose we could do one GF and let the big kids ride their bikes? Still thinking...still planning...still dreaming...

Glad you liked my TR! About Power Wheels, I've never noticed anything that would disallow them. I'm assuming the kids with Power Wheels are pretty young so obviously I wouldn't want them out on them without you there by them, but I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be allowed. Are you thinking of getting a GC and having some of you on the GC while some are on the Power Wheels? That might work, although it seems like it would be slow going to get from, say, the cabins to the marina. As I recall those Power Wheels aren't too fast...

Just my .02. I'd love to hear what others think about that one!

Leslie

I think I've already changed my mind (again) about the whole power wheel thing. First, getting them there. Second, they go max of 5MPH and that is with a fully charged battery which brings me to third, charging the batteries. Maybe a combo of bikes and GC. My mom's GC is a two seater but i see that they rent 4 seaters... Or maybe a combo of GCs and bikes...

Oh the bliss of being the family planner....

Me (24, LOL)
My honey (33)
DS (8)
DD(7)
DS(6)
DS(5)
DS(2)

Honestly, depending on how big everyone is, I think you can get everyone on one GC. It will be tight, but do-able.

P1010938.jpg

This is my DD12, nephew 5 and DD10 on the back. We also regularly had my 2 DDs plus my other nephew who is 14 sitting in that same seat together. i would think you could put the 3 biggest kids together in the back, put the 5 year old in between you and your DH and have the baby sitting in your lap. Obviously I wouldn't go crazy driving fast around turns with that many people, and some people might disagree with my thinking you are okay to do it that way. But, it seems to me that you could get around with just one cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter