Howdy! FW Cabin FAQ Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be ending our vacation with a short stay at the cabins. Does anybody know if we can leave our luggage somewhere on our checkout day? We will be getting the Magical Express at about 4pm to go back to MCO. Thanks

How comfy are the beds in the cabins? My husband and myself, and my parents, are considering sharing a cabin this fall. Each couple includes a person with back/neck issues. Is the Murphy bed pretty uncomfortable? It would be 5 nights.

If we stay at a resort, the 4 of us will be sharing 1 room, so I like that the cabins would give us a little more space, and would be a good place to "get away" at the end of park-filled days.

TIA!

How necessary is a golf cart? We will have two 3yos with us. How much do they cost?

Thanks! We are traveling in late April.

It is great to have if you can afford it. The campground is quite large and with small children it would be nice to have. We carried our 5 year olds the first year we stayed in a FW cabin from the boat dock to the bus and then from the bus stop near our loop to the cabin. It would have been wonderful to have the cart parked down at the marina. We rent them some trips and sometimes we don't. If you don't rent one you might request at check-in to be near the exit/entrance of a loop to make your walk to the bus stop shorter. Some of the cabins are pretty far back into a loop which makes a much longer walk.

Here is a thread asking about golf carts and a good variety of replies.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2059096

I think the cost is in the $50-$60 range per day. Haven't rented one this past year, but maybe someone who has will answer the cost. There is a discount for a week's stay (or at least there was a few years ago).

When we've had the cart we enjoyed it, but if the money is just too tight, you can certainly make it work without it. The bus runs all through the campground and you just have to allow extra time.

Does the beach at Fort Wilderness have a good view of Wishes? Does the Electrical Water Pageant pass by?

The Wishes view is ok, slightly obstructed by trees(maybe by the new BLT but I haven't been with that new tower). The water pagent comes by every night.

It's one of our favorite places to watch the fireworks and see the water pageant. It is a different kind of experience than being inside the park so we usually try to see it in the park every now and then also. Hope BLT doesn't obstruct the view! I'll be there on March 7 and hope to see fireworks from the beach then. :cheer2:

We will be staying in the Cabins from 3/15-3/21 and still trying to decide what loop to request.
Is it possible to walk from loop 2800 to the outpost through the woods safely? :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel:
If that is not a good idea then I think we will request loop 2100, 2200, or 2300 near the bus stop.
We will have a GC so I guess it's probably a moot point anyway. :moped:

We will be staying in the Cabins from 3/15-3/21 and still trying to decide what loop to request.
Is it possible to walk from loop 2800 to the outpost through the woods safely? :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel:
If that is not a good idea then I think we will request loop 2100, 2200, or 2300 near the bus stop.

We've walked up the sidewalk from 2800 to the outpost and it is not that far, but there is parking up there for the golf cart and it is a very short ride. Don't know about through the woods.

This is funny, I just found this thread. We just got back from our cabin trip and I used the camping forum heavily as a lot of cabin dwellers post there!

We stayed in 2703, right at the front of the loop. The bus stop is in between 2700 and 2800. We walked to the outpost, and back from the outpost many many times. Very safe and well lit. The first night we were a little turned around as to how to do it which was kind of funny but more often than not, we'd just walk if a bus wasn't right there. Not that the internal buses weren't fast as they were, we never waited long for one the few occasions we did wait instead of walking. We skipped the GC to save $4 and didn't really miss it. Sure it would have been fun but...we didn't need it.

How comfy are the beds in the cabins? My husband and myself, and my parents, are considering sharing a cabin this fall. Each couple includes a person with back/neck issues. Is the Murphy bed pretty uncomfortable? It would be 5 nights.

If we stay at a resort, the 4 of us will be sharing 1 room, so I like that the cabins would give us a little more space, and would be a good place to "get away" at the end of park-filled days.

TIA!

They are double beds. That was a bigger issue than the bed comfort. Still we all slept just fine and Dh and I have neck issues from time to time as well. Dh had the murphy while I was with our 12 year old on the bedroom double and he said it was fine. I found the bed to be surprisingly comfy (when DSD wasn't trying to snuggle lol!).

How necessary is a golf cart? We will have two 3yos with us. How much do they cost?

Thanks! We are traveling in late April.

Or at least it was when I called. With 2 three year olds I imagine you will be taking a stroller with you wherever you go. I would request 2700 or 2800 so you are close to the outpost as it would minimize your bus ans stroller collapsing time. The outpost to 2700/2800 is very walkable. With that, you could survive without one but it would likely be far easier with one. There are offsite rental companies that are cheaper but I think they are for a week commitment, I am not sure as we didn't do it but our kids are a lot older!

Thanks! Like I said, we love FW and have spent alot of time there camping, but never in a cabin yet.......we are putting a trip together for the family, (DH & I, our 3 kids, 3 grandkids, & 2 son's inlaw), for Jan. 09. We think 2 cabin's is our best option.
So glad there is a new FAQ for FW!!!!!!!!!!

Not just a full kitchen...dishwashers too! Mousekeeping will load it and run it for you too!!

Are the cabin bunk beds large enough to accomodate a 5 ft. 8 in. adult? I can't seem to find their dimensions anywhere.

We have just booked 2 cabins for 7/11-7/18. Can't wait! I know I've seen a list of what is in the cabin's before, anyone know where it is? TIA

Is there internet access in the Cabins??

Are there dishes in the kitchen?

Another golf cart question. If I go the Disney rental route, is it pay when you reserve or pay when you pick-up?

Another golf cart question. If I go the Disney rental route, is it pay when you reserve or pay when you pick-up?

You just give them your cc number to reserve. They don't charge your card until you get there and pick up your cart;) .

Thanks for all the great info, we're currently booked for September at CBR, but am thinking of upgrading to the cabins, so each of us has our own bed! wouldn't be a big deal for me, since DS will sleep with ANYWAYS, but didn't want my ma or my sister to have to sleep together in a full size bed. My sister was concerned about the comfort of the murphy also, but it looks fine. A question...does FW have bus service to the OTHER parks, or do you have to go to contemporary or MK to hop on a resort bus? We'll have my car, but we're trying for disney transportation as much as possible. I'm LOVING that they have a kitchen, since we'll be making breakfast, it'll make that part of the morning less stressful if my ds has his choc chip pancakes!! Keep the advice coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter