Howdy! FW Cabin FAQ Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConcKahuna

<font color=darkorchid>Corn was on sale, 10 ears f
People tend to forget that Fort Wilderness is almost like 2 resorts, a campground and the cabins!

05.jpg

(photos and links in this post are all from the www.wdwinfo.com website)

The cabins are a unique resort experience at WDW, offering spacious and comfy accomidations in a "great outdoors" setting. Cabins are similar to a one-bedroom "villa" complete with a full kitchen, charcoal grill, dishwasher, cable TV, and DVD players. There is parking for 1 vehicle and a golf cart at each cabin. Cabins also recieve full housekeeping daily.

Cabins are located in the 2100 through 2800 loops of Fort Wilderness as seen by the map HERE. Each "loop" is a one-way road lined with between 30 to 72 individual cabins. At the end of each cabin loop is a bus stop, with buses that service the "Purple" route to either the "Outpost" or "Settlement". These buses will be labeled "Outpost Purple" or "Settlement Purple" depending on the direction they are traveling.

The Outpost area is the Front Desk/main parking area. Here you can get bus transportation to Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach. This is also where the Kennel is located, and where you meet up for the Horseback Trail Rides.

The Settlement area is located near Bay Lake. Here you can visit the Settlement Trading Post, the Tri-Circle D Ranch, Pioneer Hall, the Marina, Clementine Beach, and the boat launch. The Tri-Circle D Ranch is home to the "Show" horses of WDW (the ones that pull the carraiges and are used on Main Street), as well as pony rides and a small display of famous Disney horses (and Minnie Moo!). Pioneer Hall is home to Trails End Buffet (best cornbread in town!), The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review, Guest Services (for tickets/dining), and the now defunct Crockett's Tavern. At the boat launch you can get transportation to the Magic Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge, and Contemporary Resort.

There's some more info and photos at the WDWInfo page, and of course post away!!

I can't really tell by the photos I've seen, but are the regular stoves in the cabin's?
We love FW and have spent time there in our RV, but never tried the cabin's yet. Our plan is to stay @ FW cabin's in Jan 09.............

I can't really tell by the photos I've seen, but are the regular stoves in the cabin's?
We love FW and have spent time there in our RV, but never tried the cabin's yet. Our plan is to stay @ FW cabin's in Jan 09.............

There is a full kitchen in the cabins. When DD was younger we loved having the kitchen and the private bedroom. Our only regret about buying our DVC membership is that we probably won't be staying at the cabins again.

There is a full kitchen in the cabins. When DD was younger we loved having the kitchen and the private bedroom. Our only regret about buying our DVC membership is that we probably won't be staying at the cabins again.

Thanks! Like I said, we love FW and have spent alot of time there camping, but never in a cabin yet.......we are putting a trip together for the family, (DH & I, our 3 kids, 3 grandkids, & 2 son's inlaw), for Jan. 09. We think 2 cabin's is our best option.
So glad there is a new FAQ for FW!!!!!!!!!!

Can you walk from your cabin to the gift shop? If so, how long is the walk?

It can be quite a hike from most cabin loops to the closest store (the Meadows Trading Post). If you are in the 2100 loop, there is a walkway from near the end of the loop to the 1100 loop comfort station, then the Meadows is just across the street. :thumbsup2

Our family just loves the cabins at Ft. Wilderness. It was our first choice when picking a place to stay for Christmas Vacation. The space to spread out is one of our biggest pluses, peace and quiet, the golf cart is a hoot(we love going out and looking at the wild life at night):cool1: This will be our 4th time at Ft. Wilderness (we have stayed numerous times at the other resorts). Can't hardly wait until Christmas:santa:

Great thread! Here are some photos from our cabin stay in July 07.

The double bed in the bedroom
IMG_6720.jpg

Towel animals in the front window
IMG_6722.jpg

The pull down bed in the living room/kitchen area
IMG_6723.jpg

IMG_6777.jpg

The "view" from our deck :rotfl:
IMG_6778.jpg

IMG_6779.jpg

Our rabbit friend
IMG_6828.jpg

great pics and info. looks like a fun and different way of doing disney.

That it is! The cabins are kind of wasted on a short stay though, since FW has a TON of stuff to do! There's tennis courts, volleyball, fishing (both rod n reel and cane pole), paddle boats, kiyaks, horseback rides, pony rides, canoes, the campfire sign-a-long (with Chip n Dale!), mountain bike rentals, and all the activities of a normal resort. They also have a marina with SeaRaycer rentals, as well as the Pontoon boats.

I like to spend a weekend at the cabins, have a cookout, and just relax :cloud9:

That it is! The cabins are kind of wasted on a short stay though, since FW has a TON of stuff to do! There's tennis courts, volleyball, fishing (both rod n reel and cane pole), paddle boats, kiyaks, horseback rides, pony rides, canoes, the campfire sign-a-long (with Chip n Dale!), mountain bike rentals, and all the activities of a normal resort. They also have a marina with SeaRaycer rentals, as well as the Pontoon boats.

I like to spend a weekend at the cabins, have a cookout, and just relax :cloud9:

Are there actually any mountainbike trails, or do they rent mountainbikes to ride on paved trails?

Are there actually any mountainbike trails, or do they rent mountainbikes to ride on paved trails?

The rent them for use on the paved trails. There used to be some great nature trails, but the 3 storms in '04 pretty much destroyed them :sad:

With the bike rentals can you rent the trailers for the back of bikes. My 4yr old daughter can't ride by herself but we would like to use the bikes 1 day to see all of the resort

With the bike rentals can you rent the trailers for the back of bikes. My 4yr old daughter can't ride by herself but we would like to use the bikes 1 day to see all of the resort

I don't think they have the trailers, but I seem to remember some of the bikes having "child seats" on the back of them. You can always call the Bike Barn at 407-824-2742 and check with them to be sure :thumbsup2

We absolutely adore the cabins and Ft. Wilderness. Our last two April trips we have stayed in the cabins. My DD4 loves the golf cart! We also do at least two days of just campground days to do all of the activities there. Our upcoming trip in Dec. we are staying in a 1BR at SSR, but we already have a golf cart reserved for one day so that we can come over to the Fort and spend the day and check out everyone's Christmas decorations! We are hoping to purchase an RV in the near future since we love Ft. Wilderness so much and then we could bring our dogs along too.

Another big cabin fan here! We were die hard Poly people until our stay this May at the cabin. We may never return to a "regular" resort again. I really think FW is one of the best kept secrets at WDW.

We're heading back for a Thanksgiving trip! :cool1: :cool1:

Another big cabin fan here! We were die hard Poly people until our stay this May at the cabin. We may never return to a "regular" resort again. I really think FW is one of the best kept secrets at WDW.

We're heading back for a Thanksgiving trip! :cool1: :cool1:

The Poly and FW are my 2 favorite resorts :thumbsup2

Although they both have very different themeing, they both have the same laid-back, family atmosphere :goodvibes

In my opinion there is nothing better than the cabins at Disney. It comfortably sleeps a family of five and you dont hear the other families running up dan down the hall way or stomping on the ceiling above you. The atmosphere of the Fort itself also just makes it that much more relaxing. Watching the Water parade and fireworks from the beach is also a hidden treasure I feel that the fort offers.

I called today to upgrade my RO ressie to a package and the CM said that the cabins have a washer and dryer:confused3 I told her I didn't think so, but is that possibly something new with the refurb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter