Howdy! FW Cabin FAQ Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our 1st time at the Cabins is getting closer! We're staying 2 nights post-cruise in June. Super psyched!
Question: We're a family of 5. Do most people put the kids in the bedroom and sleep on the Murphy bed? How uncomfortable is it? ;)

Amanda

I have slept on the Murphy bed a few times and it is comfortable. I slept on it alone, and w/my youngest DS. I didn't sleep on it w/another adult. My sister slept in the double bed alone and said it was very comfortable. I also slept in the bottom bunk alone & found it comfortable. Our kids LOVED the top bunk and Murphy bed! There were only four of us on that trip and we kept switching beds, to try them all out! :rotfl:

We enjoyed the cabins a lot! Have a great time!

Thanks for the info about the Murphy bed! I suspect my DH will sleep on the Murphy and I'll share the bedroom double with my youngest. Or vice versa...

Amanda

Thanks for the info about the Murphy bed! I suspect my DH will sleep on the Murphy and I'll share the bedroom double with my youngest. Or vice versa...

Amanda

If you don't want to share a bed, your youngest could sleep on the couch in living area. My nephew did that one night & loved it! He was 5 at the time.

I made ressies for CSR but contemplating FWC. My concern is where would we all fit. If I don't get enough sleep I'm cranky LOL I'm not sure if dh and I could sleep on a double. Maybe? I dunno we sleep in a king now LOL My concern is that our big 3 kids are all .. big. Like adult sized LOL Matthew is 6'2" the girls are as tall as me and the other taller. The bussing all seems to be a hassle too I just don't know. The whole abiance of it though? sounds fun :) we will have our own van as we're driving down.

We have been to Disney many times but we have never stayed at the cabins.
We will have a car during our stay, but which loop is closest to the pool (walking distance with two young children) and possibly the store? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

So I can bring my own travel gear and fish in the canals? :worship:
What about at boat dock area/beach on Bay Lake?
Is there bait available if you aren't cane poling or renting gear? (Shiners?)
? Test recommendations....4 - 5 lb?
Thanks!

Our first visit to the cabins in May. The kids are really excited. This is a great thread. Thanks for all the valuable information.

I just remembered my question! I am going to be calling to cancel my groups dining plan, at that time can I put in a loop request?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I tried to search for this answer but could only find dated (2009) info.

We will be a group of 8 visiting WDW the week after Thanksgiving. We're not staying at Ft. Wilderness Campground, but we love the idea of doing a wagon or carriage ride to see the campsites. We're all campers and would love to see the sites decorated for Christmas.

Question: What do you suggest for a group of 8? Do we rent 2 carriages, pay 2xs the amount but have the peace of knowing we've reserved rides for our group (even if we're not together) OR do we do the wagon ride and take a chance that it's too busy for all 8 of us to get on together/at the same time?

I like the idea of a 45 minute ride v. a shorter one because it seems like you may see more decorated sites, but other posts in the past indicate that the carriages tend to go more through the sites and less by the lake. On the other hand, I like knowing that we're guaranteed a carriage if we reserve one.

Does anyone have any info that would help us decide? What is the capacity for the wagon - if we show up with 8 of us, are we likely not to get on if it's crowded? Any info you can provide would be so helpful. Thanks!!!

HI everyone! We will be staying in the cabins for the first time in august for free dining. I've been trying get all the information I can on the Fort Wilderness Cabins and I know this is the place. My question is, is there a food court anywhere on the property where we can eat breakfast to use our QS credit or fill up our mugs? When we have purchased the dining plan in the past we always stayed at a resort where there was a food court. Any info is much appreciated! Thanks! ;)

I just read this entire thread! I am SO excited for our stay in the cabins in just 43 days.

We are going to bring our bikes and I'm curious if we can ride them to the boat launch while we go to MK. Is it safe (if allowed)?

We want to stay in a cabin that is in a scenic area (if I can't have 100 might as well go for next best thing) so any suggestions for a good loop? I'm trying to avoid being TOO close to the pool and laundry (someone might try to get me to wash clothes eeekkkk :eek:).

Thanks to all of the posters on this thread--so much great info!

:wave2:Good Morning!

The FW Thread is alive again!:laughing:

HI everyone! We will be staying in the cabins for the first time in august for free dining. I've been trying get all the information I can on the Fort Wilderness Cabins and I know this is the place. My question is, is there a food court anywhere on the property where we can eat breakfast to use our QS credit or fill up our mugs? When we have purchased the dining plan in the past we always stayed at a resort where there was a food court. Any info is much appreciated! Thanks! ;)

This is some info that I copied from Allears.net about the food....

"Dining at the Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort includes 2 restaurants, 2 dinner shows, and snack bars - all serving American food. Restaurant meals range from under $15 to $60 per person, based on average Guest check, not including alcohol, tax and tip.

Crockett's Tavern, located in Pioneer Hall, features beverages and snacks such as pizza, quesadillas, etc. Pizza may also be ordered from the Trail's End Restaurant next door from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. and eaten outside the Tavern. A 16 inch cheese pizza is $11.95. Toppings are $1.00 each. See the Crockett's Tavern menu.

Trail's End Restaurant, also located in Pioneer Hall, provides an all you can eat buffets. Refillable mugs are available here for $12.99, which includes free refills for coffee, tea, and soft drinks. The mugs can also be refilled the Meadow's Pool area (self-service). See the Trail's End Restaurant menu.

Mickey's Backyard BBQ, an all-you-can-eat buffet with a live country band, line-dance instructor, and appearances by Disney Characters, is held on certain evenings at the Fort Wilderness Pavilion. See Mickey's Backyard BBQ menu.

The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue, an all-you-can-eat dinner show, is held nightly at Pioneer Hall. See Hoop Dee Doo Menu.

And the Chuck Wagon and the Meadows Pool Snack Bar are just a few of the snack places available
"

Hope that helps a little:)

I just read this entire thread! I am SO excited for our stay in the cabins in just 43 days.

We are going to bring our bikes and I'm curious if we can ride them to the boat launch while we go to MK. Is it safe (if allowed)?

We want to stay in a cabin that is in a scenic area (if I can't have 100 might as well go for next best thing) so any suggestions for a good loop? I'm trying to avoid being TOO close to the pool and laundry (someone might try to get me to wash clothes eeekkkk :eek:).

Here is a map...this helped us get a better understanding of the campground, where things were, etc.

fort-wilderness-disney-map.gif

Here are a few links to our visit at FW....it's such a GREAT resort for families!!!

Day 1

Camp Fire Sing along with Chip n Dale

Day 2

Trail's End

Day 3

Both of you will have a fantastic time!
Happy Planning!
Heather

Food options are better than they used to be. The Meadows Snack Bar has QS options from 11-5 every day:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_mwd.htm

Trail's To Go (enter between Trail's End and Hoop De Doo) has take-out QS meals and is where you can fill your mug:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_teb.htm (read to the end for the "to go" options)

Other than those, you can take the small boat to the Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge for their QS.

We liked loop 2500. It's closest to the pool and laundry and is small so the walk to the bus stop isn't that long. Oh Wait - I just saw you DIDN"T want to be too cose to the pool and laundry, so then pick the loop you like that's furthest from 2500. :)

There are TONS of bikes at the Fort. For those who camp, it's a primary mode of transportation. Of course it's allowed.

We stayed there last year and loved it. We opted not to get the refillable mugs, as we always do, just because of the distant to both trading post so we found it better just to buy drinks for the refrigerator. But let me note we did not have bikes or rent a golf cart. Also I found the offering of QS meals not that great so we always had breakfast and all meals at the parks. Hope you have a great time, I know you will!

Great info, thanks! 2100 looks like a nice loop! I'm glad we can ride our bikes everywhere. I think that will make getting around much easier.

I'm stoked for the sing-a-long, pony rides, fishing, trails and all the fun things the resort has to offer!

I can't wait to get down there. :goodvibes

We have cabin fever up here in the Midwest, and have decided to turn our extended weekend getaway to Chatanooga into a trip to WDW :woohoo: :scared1:

We checked the AP discounts and it led us to the Cabins...we've always wanted to stay here, so it's a double bonus. With that said, I'm a little scared that we might have bitten off more than we can chew.

As always, I turn to the DIS and all you amazing folks to help me out! We'll have DH, DGma, DD (2y/o) and myself. We leave in a few days, so I'm sort of in freak out mode!

Doubting we could request a certain area, but what would you all suggest for ease of getting to transportation?

What should we know about travel times to MK and Epcot from the cabins? Sounds like a golf cart would help out, but they're kinda pricey.

We'll be doing breakfast and lunch (plus nap) in the cabin each day.

THANKS for any help! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter