How Many Times Did I Meet Pluto This Trip? A Dec Solo TR - New TR Link 11/30!

Woah you are a Galatic hero haha! You had a serious look going on all day. I don't think I've ever met rabbit. Winnie the Pooh is a favorite childhood movie of mine.

Woohoo on your Buzz score, "Galatic" hero! ;) I always manage to do miserably on Buzz, but it hasn't yet stopped me from going anyway and having a good time! ::yes:: That was awesome that you pointed out the target to the younger kid, I'll bet he made his day! :thumbsup2

In regards to your "serious" Space ride photo... if it's any consolation, the two in front of you look only slightly more thrilled! :laughing: However, I'd look at this photo of yourself as a source of pride and caption it: "No big deal. I fly through the galaxy every day." :rotfl:

Ahhh, yet another beauty of going to Disney solo: you can be anybody's instant best friend! I love that that little boy wanted to ride Pooh with you! So darn cute! :goodvibes

Galactic Hero! Well done. You have the score and the badge to prove it. Makes no difference how you scored it!

What a great afternoon you're having so far.

Nice job on your Galactic score, Ariana. And I love your face on Space Mountain...that's the face I am always feeling on that ride. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I don't think I' ever seen Rabbit out with Pooh. How cool is that.

Rabbit! he is so adorable!!! Congrats on your awesome score! who care how you did it.. it just goes with the fabulous spelling!!!

as for Peter...
That ride is so hard to photograph.

I WILL get ONE good picture this time around... if i have to ride it 4857 times!!! HA HA!

Good first half?? ugh oh does that mean there is a bad half?

Congrats on getting Galactic Hero! It totally counts :) And you do look very serious in your ride photo!

Sounds like a fun pre-party time! Can't wait to hear about the start of MVMCP.

Whoo-hoo for 999,999 points on Buzz Lightyear! :woohoo: I'm not too bad at TSMM but I'm TERRIBLE at Buzz. I really should study up on those high point targets!

It's hysterical that all your pictures are all so serious. :rotfl:

What a fun surprise to see Rabbit! I don't think I've ever seen him out and about!

I found a couple of web sites that tell you about the high targets. Still doesn't mean I hit them every time!

I have no idea what was up with my serious faces that afternoon.

I actually got to meet Rabbit back in 2013. He was out meeting with Pooh in Epcot.

Nope, you are legit a Galactic (or I guess Galatic) Hero Ariana. It's not a cheat to be stuck, it's a blessing. Congratulations!!

Awww Rabbit!!! I think I would have had to jump in that line. I don't remember meeting him before.

You know I love the interaction in the line the boy and his dad. That's so cute he wanted you to ride with them. Ah Disney.

Oh, I definitely am owning that Galactic Hero status! I only feel a teeny bit guilty for being stuck in the perfect place.

I did think about jumping in line but it was pretty long and I had a feeling that if there was a character break, Rabbit might not come back out. Plus I got to meet him in 2013 when he was in Christopher Robin's room at Epcot. He was in there with Pooh instead of Tigger.

I am such a different person at Disney! You would never catch me chatting with people like that elsewhere. Guess it's part of the magic.

Woah you are a Galatic hero haha! You had a serious look going on all day. I don't think I've ever met rabbit. Winnie the Pooh is a favorite childhood movie of mine.

Woohoo on your Buzz score, "Galatic" hero! ;) I always manage to do miserably on Buzz, but it hasn't yet stopped me from going anyway and having a good time! ::yes:: That was awesome that you pointed out the target to the younger kid, I'll bet he made his day! :thumbsup2

In regards to your "serious" Space ride photo... if it's any consolation, the two in front of you look only slightly more thrilled! :laughing: However, I'd look at this photo of yourself as a source of pride and caption it: "No big deal. I fly through the galaxy every day." :rotfl:

Ahhh, yet another beauty of going to Disney solo: you can be anybody's instant best friend! I love that that little boy wanted to ride Pooh with you! So darn cute! :goodvibes

I used to do really bad on Buzz but I found some web sites that gave some hints and pointed out the higher targets.

I'm definitely going to go with your idea on the serious faces! I really have no idea what I was doing there.

He was such a cute little boy and I had a blast with them.

Galactic Hero! Well done. You have the score and the badge to prove it. Makes no difference how you scored it!

What a great afternoon you're having so far.

Thanks, I'm pretty proud of my Galactic Hero status. The evening continued to be great for a bit at least.

Nice job on your Galactic score, Ariana. And I love your face on Space Mountain...that's the face I am always feeling on that ride. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I don't think I' ever seen Rabbit out with Pooh. How cool is that.

Thanks! I still can't figure out what I was doing on Space Mountain. You would think I was bored or something.

I saw Rabbit with Pooh at Epcot in 2013!

Rabbit! he is so adorable!!! Congrats on your awesome score! who care how you did it.. it just goes with the fabulous spelling!!!

as for Peter...

I WILL get ONE good picture this time around... if i have to ride it 4857 times!!! HA HA!

Good first half?? ugh oh does that mean there is a bad half?

Thanks, I was very happy to finally get that perfect score!

I'm the same way with PP, I always try so hard to get photos and fail miserably every time. I did get a few not horrible ones later in the trip.

Yes, unfortunately there was a bad half to the Christmas party.

Congrats on getting Galactic Hero! It totally counts :) And you do look very serious in your ride photo!

Sounds like a fun pre-party time! Can't wait to hear about the start of MVMCP.

Thanks, I'm definitely counting it!

Still can't figure out what I was trying to do there on Space Mountain.

The Good Half of MVMCP

The party didn’t start till 7 pm so I know I was in for a long wait in line. I had planned on just plopping down on the ground but it was still pretty wet from the rain earlier. I thought about getting out my poncho to sit on but I only had one with me and I was worried I might need it later in the night. It wasn’t supposed to rain anymore but you never know at Disney. Once I use a poncho I usually throw it out because they are too hard to fold up and stuff back in my bag. My bag was already a little fuller than usually because I had the magnet and earrings I bought earlier in the day. After this night I ended up carrying two ponchos each day just in case. So I ended up standing the whole time while kind of leaning on one of the castle arches.

There was a family behind me that consisted of a father, a son and two daughters who I believe were twins. They were DVC members and we struck up a conversation. They were pretty chatty and we talked the entire time we were in line. It certainly helped pass the time. CMs also kept coming around checking wrist bands. I think they checked our bands at least 5 times and this was before the party even started.

The Dwarfs ended up coming out at about 6:45 pm. Since I was so close to the front, it was not long before I was meeting them. This really was just a photo op and no more. I handed off my camera but the picture the CM took was all blurry. The PP photographer took a total of two pictures and they are pretty much identical so I’ll just share one.

Kind of quick for the amount of time we waited but at least I can now check the 7 dwarfs off my list of characters to meet.

The next character I wanted to meet was Scrooge McDuck. Jim was supper jealous that I was meeting him but there is no way he would ever go in late November/early December because he is too busy at work. Oh well, his loss! I made sure to take a picture of Scrooge with my phone and sent it to him as a taunt. Yes, I can be such a wonderful wife a times.

I made it into the line for Scrooge at only a few minutes after 7 pm. I was doing really great with my schedule for the night. I waited 45 minutes and this time made friends with a young couple in the line behind me. They were on their honeymoon.

There was a bit more interaction with these guys, I did get a big kiss from Daisy. And I loved her and Donald’s costumes. First picture is from my camera and then the PP ones.

My main reason for going to the party was to have a chance to meet Big Al. In prior years, the Country Bears had a meet and greet during MVMCP. This year they were at a dance party at the Diamond Horseshoe Revue so that was my next destination. I had brought a Country Bear Jamboree shirt to WDW with me but had decided I didn’t want to carry a bigger bag so I left it in the room. Christmas Pluto was more important to me that night!

I did stop along the way to get a cup of free hot chocolate. I didn’t care for the cookies they had so I skipped those.

It really wasn’t cold enough for the hot chocolate that night and I only ended up drinking about half of it before I threw it out. There’s just something wrong about drinking hot chocolate when it’s not cold.

When I got to the dance party, Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar were out at the moment so I stood to the side and watched for a while.

I was very excited to see a PP photographer in the room because I figured I could ask nicely for a quick photo with Big Al. But just as the bears came out he disappeared. Darn! I was saved almost immediately by the appearance of my friends from the Scrooge line. They were also Big Al fans and wanted a picture so we helped each other out.

I stayed for a little bit and danced some with the bears which was probably quite a sight to see as I am not much of a dancer. But it was a lot of fun and I finally got to fulfill a lifelong dream of meeting Big Al.

My next stop was going to be the pin store to pick up a few of the exclusive pins. My new friends were also headed that way so we left the dance party together. It was slow going because a lot of people were lined up for the first parade. I didn’t want to miss out on the Pluto pin that was exclusive for the party so we pressed on and eventually made it to the store. I ended up buying two pins, the Pluto one of course and also a Mickey and Minnie one.

My friends were headed in a different direction so we said goodbye and headed out of the store. I decided to try to make it back to Fantasyland to see the Winnie the Pooh gang before the parade came through but I was too late leaving the store to go back the way I came. So I cut through to Adventureland and circled around to Liberty Square. I was planning on taking the path behind Sleepy Hollow to get to Fantasyland. I managed to make it right before the parade got there only to discover that path was closed already for the fireworks. At that point I gave up trying to make it to Fantasyland and found a table behind Sleepy Hollow to wait out the parade. I had been on my feet a lot already that night so the break was nice.

Once the parade was over, I made my way out to the Hub and found the perfect curb spot right across from the Liberty Square Bridge. From there, I would be able to see Celebrate the Magic at 9:15 , Holiday Wishes at 9:30 pm, the Celebrate the Season Show on the castle stage at 10:05 pm and the second parade at 10:30 pm. I had the perfect view for the parade as it turned onto Main Street from Liberty Square. I had about a ½ hour until Celebrate the Magic and luckily the ground was now dry so I plopped down on the curb to wait.

Up Next: The Bad Half of MVMCP

Your picture with the dwarfs came out great! Both times I met them, the PP photographer also only took 2 photos. I guess they really want things to move quickly.

BIG AL! So glad you were able to get a picture with him, it came out awesome!

Sounds like you got a great spot for all the shows, but sounds like things are going to go downhill :(

They were pretty chatty and we talked the entire time we were in line.

Isn't it great to meet good people in line!!! love making new friends!

much identical so I’ll just share one.

this is adorable!!!!

I did get a big kiss from Daisy. And I loved her and Donald’s costumes.

I do believe the 'ducks' are a great interaction.. loads of fun with people!!!

There’s just something wrong about drinking hot chocolate when it’s not cold.

I cannot agree more!

They were also Big Al fans and wanted a picture so we helped each other out.

PERFECTION!!! couldn't have worked out better for you!!!

Celebrate the Magic and luckily the ground was now dry so I plopped down on the curb to wait.

more pixi dust!!! glad you got a spot!

Love your PP photos wit the dwarfs and Scrooge, daisy, and Donald. I'm quite jealous that you got to meet Big Al he is someone I really want to meet as well.

Haha, I feel ya Ariana. How do they get those ponchos into the bag the first time???? Someone should teach a class.

I am grateful that I got my Dwarfs photo done and dusted a while back. Nice to have that off the list.

Scrooge is SUPER popular as your wait will attest. Awesome to get all three in the picture.

Ha, that dance party is MUCH less rowdy than the Villains at MNSSHP. Much easier to move around.

Ah, so jelly you got a great photo with Al.

I am glad to hear they actually had stock of the exclusive pins this year. The prior year they sold out almost immediately every night.

I love your Photopass pictures - especially the photo with Scrooge, Donald, and Daisy! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you had someone to take your picture with Big Al - they got a good one!

Oh, dear... I hope the second half of your night isn't too bad!

What great M&G! All the dwarves, Scrooge and Big Al. Fantastic!

Love the christmas pins.

Your picture with the dwarfs came out great! Both times I met them, the PP photographer also only took 2 photos. I guess they really want things to move quickly.

BIG AL! So glad you were able to get a picture with him, it came out awesome!

Sounds like you got a great spot for all the shows, but sounds like things are going to go downhill :(

Yeah, I think they were trying to get as many people through the lines as possible that night.

I was so excited to finally meet Big Al!

I did get a great spot but things as you will see were not great the rest of the night.

Isn't it great to meet good people in line!!! love making new friends!

this is adorable!!!!

I do believe the 'ducks' are a great interaction.. loads of fun with people!!!

I cannot agree more!

PERFECTION!!! couldn't have worked out better for you!!!

more pixi dust!!! glad you got a spot!

I had great luck that night in both lines. Both families I talked to were very nice.

Thanks, I thought both meet and greets were great fun and the photos came out nicely.

I was very grateful for my new friends since they helped me out with pictures of Big Al.

That great spot turned out to be pretty useless as you will see in a minute.

Love your PP photos wit the dwarfs and Scrooge, daisy, and Donald. I'm quite jealous that you got to meet Big Al he is someone I really want to meet as well.

Thanks, I enjoyed meeting the ducks. And of course I really loved meeting Big Al. As far as I know, the Christmas Party is the only place to meet him.

Haha, I feel ya Ariana. How do they get those ponchos into the bag the first time???? Someone should teach a class.

I am grateful that I got my Dwarfs photo done and dusted a while back. Nice to have that off the list.

Scrooge is SUPER popular as your wait will attest. Awesome to get all three in the picture.

Ha, that dance party is MUCH less rowdy than the Villains at MNSSHP. Much easier to move around.

Ah, so jelly you got a great photo with Al.

I am glad to hear they actually had stock of the exclusive pins this year. The prior year they sold out almost immediately every night.

Seriously! There is just no way to get them back in the bags. I usually don't care since I buy them at Walmart for $1 each.

Yeah, the line for Scrooge was very long but he was worth the wait!

It was quite empty in there, guess the Bears aren't quite as popular as the villains. I wasn't complaining as it made it easier to get a picture with Big Al.

They had a ton of the pins. I think there were 6 different ones. I was tempted to get one of each but that would have been more than I wanted to spend.

I love your Photopass pictures - especially the photo with Scrooge, Donald, and Daisy! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you had someone to take your picture with Big Al - they got a good one!

Oh, dear... I hope the second half of your night isn't too bad!

All of the PP pictures that night turned out pretty good.

I would have found someone to do it as I was determined to get a picture. But it was nice that my new friends were there to do it.

It was pretty bad as you will see in a minute.

What great M&G! All the dwarves, Scrooge and Big Al. Fantastic!

Love the christmas pins.

I was very pleased with those meet and greets! Getting in line so far before the party helped a ton.

The Bad Half of MVMCP

I was pretty happy that I had scored the perfect spot for the next two hours. It was probably a good thing that I didn’t make it back to Fantasyland for the Winnie the Pooh gang or I might not have gotten such a good spot. I mean, how can you beat this view?

It wasn’t long before it was time for Celebrate the Magic. I definitely had a great spot for photos this time.

And then the unthinkable happened. It started raining which quickly turned into a pretty good downpour. My camera immediately went into my bag and my poncho came out. Thank goodness I didn’t use it to sit on earlier in the night! I probably would have thrown it out after meeting the Dwarfs then I would have been in trouble. It poured for the rest of Celebrate the Magic and all of Holiday Wishes. I had to watch Wishes with my poncho pulled down over my eyes so the rain didn’t get in them. I was definitely not getting my camera back out to take pictures. And unfortunately it was kind of hard to enjoy the show with the rain pelting down.

After Wishes, there was a mass exodus but I was determined not to give up my great spot. It wasn’t even supposed to rain that night so I kept hoping it would pass over quickly. I also couldn’t sit down on the sidewalk any longer without getting soaked. So I stood for about 25 minutes waiting for the Celebrate the Season show to start. Right at 10:05, an announcement came that the show was cancelled due to weather.

I continued to stick it out for another ½ hour hoping against hope that the parade would go on. Well of course it didn’t. It was still pouring and right at 10:30 they announced it was cancelled. At this point I was done. There was still an hour and ½ left in the party but I was soaked from the knees down and freezing cold. The only good thing with being so wet and cold was that my feet were numb at this point and I could no longer feel the pain from standing so long that evening. I can walk all day on my bad ankle but standing still in one place for long periods of time really makes it hurt.

I had planned to visit some Princesses and Princes after the parade but instead I headed towards the exit. All I wanted at that point was some warmth and dry clothing. Oh and something to eat because I was also starving.

There was a huge line at the bus stop and it took a while before I managed to make it onto the bus. By the time I got back All Star Movies, it had of course stopped raining. I had a few things to take care of before heading to my room. First stop was for a Do Not Disturb sign. Since I had planned on being out well past midnight that night, I didn’t have anything scheduled the next morning and wanted to try once again to sleep in a bit. The CM I talked to said they would send someone out to my room right away with one.

Next I headed to the food court to get something to eat. I went with my old standard, Chicken Tenders and took them to go. Basically they just put a clear lid over the regular plate but it worked just fine.

I got back to the room and immediately changed into some dry cloths and sat down to eat.

About half way through eating, there was a knock on my door and when I stuck my head out, there was a Do Not Disturb sign hanging there. Yay! I could sleep in the next day without Mousekeeping waking me up early.

Once I had finished eating, I worked on my trip journal for a while then headed to bed sometime after midnight.

I only traded for one pin during this day, here it is with the “Galatic” hero pin. Now I had all three hitchhiking ghosts.

And since I still have quite a bit of picture space on this update thanks to the rain, I’ll share some more of the stock photos that Disney stuck in my Photopass account.

And that was my MVMCP experience. I didn’t get to see the parade and had to watch Christmas Wishes through a film of plastic but at least I got to meet Big Al which was my main goal any way. I was really planning on the Christmas Party being a one and done but now I think I might want to go once more someday so I can see the parade.

Up Next: Christmas Shopping at DTD

Love your Celebrate the Magic pictures!!

Wow, I'm so sorry the rain ruined everything :( I would've been so dissapointed if I had to miss the castle show and parade. I don't blame you for just wanting to leave after that.

I'm glad you got that Do Not Disturb sign!

I definitely think you need a MVMCP re-do sometime in the future so you can fully enjoy it!

That was a great spot. That really sucks that it started pouring and they cancelled the parade.

Good thing you got that do not disturb sign.

I have never done any of the disney parties, I'd love to do them at least once.

Such horrible luck with the rain -- I fully endorse the going again idea. I went this past year and even without the rain spoiling half the party, I still feel like I need to go back.

I definitely think you need a re-do so you can see the parade.

Great spot and lovely pictures of the castle. Glad you got that Do Not Disturb!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter