How Many Times Did I Meet Pluto This Trip? A Dec Solo TR - New TR Link 11/30!

Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party Part 1

When I planned this trip one of the must dos for me was the Wishes Dessert Party. I had read a ton of good stuff about it and really wanted to try it out. When my 180 days became available I was at my computer right at 6 am and there was nothing available all week for the party. I was so disappointed. I couldn’t believe I had somehow missed out. But then I headed to the DIS and found out that the reservations were not yet available. So for the next few weeks (I can’t remember now how long it was past my 180 days) I stalked the WDW website waiting for the party to open. I kept it open on my computer and literally checked every 5 minutes. I’m very glad I did. When the party finally opened for reservations, the date I got filled up in less than 10 minutes. I guess I wasn’t the only one obsessively checking for reservations.

I got in line about 8:45 pm knowing that they would start letting people in around 9 pm. Seating is assigned so I really didn’t need to be in line even that early. When it was my turn, I was lead to my table by a CM and I had a wonderful front row seat! See that lone table in front of the pole in this next picture? That was mine.

I took that picture after I had finished eating and was up by the railing but I wanted to show you the party area first. Here’s looking towards the left and back towards Tomorrowland.

And the view to the right. The desserts were in that area all the way at the end.

As soon as I was shown my seat, I headed up to the dessert area. Sorry but I did not take pictures of the area because it was a bit small and kind of crowded. But oh my, the selection! It was almost overwhelming with the amount of different items they had. They even had ice cream with different topping if you wanted that. So here’s my plate.

On my plate I have a Mickey Oreo Mousse thing, a vanilla cupcake (cupcake quota filled for the day), a mini brownie, and some chocolate cookies. I can’t remember what the thing was with the banana on top was and I think the last item with the diamond on top was a chocolate cheesecake but I could be wrong.

They had quite a few options for drinks too including coffee and tea. But I immediately honed in on one thing. They had milk!

Just the thing I needed to balance out the sweetness from the desserts. I ate everything on my plate except for the banana thing. I just didn’t like it, whatever it was. Since I had eaten dinner, the only thing I went back for seconds of was the milk. I was just too full after that huge first plate to get more desserts. While I ate I got to enjoy this view.

The MSEP went by while I was eating but it was a bit too far for good pictures.

Once I finished eating, I made my way to the railing so I could secure a spot for Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. I made sure my camera was working by taking castle and Main Street pictures.

I also took a picture of the Hub construction which was right in front of me.

More pictures of the castle as I tried for the perfect zoom/angle for the photos.

The view for Celebrate the Magic was a little blocked by the trees. I think if I had moved closer to the area that had the desserts, I would have had a better view. So now it’s time for picture overload! I found that shooting here was really awesome because the wall was high enough that I could rest my elbows on it and get steadier shots.

Continued in Next Post

Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party Part 2

The Frozen section had been removed but they added a Christmas section on at the end which was beautiful.

And yep I’m going to leave you hanging by ending the installment here.

Up Next: Wishes from the Dessert Party

What a great seat you got! I'm glad the desserts were yummy. You got some amazing castle and Celebrate the Magic pictures! I love the shot you got of the "Up" balloons on the castle. Can't wait to see the Wishes pictures!

YUM! your chicken (lack thereof) and fish looks DELISH! YES! the boat is glorious at night all lit up!!! Pretty cool you were able to ride it at night!!
I agree the new path is extremely dark!

can't wait to see what seat you have at the dessert party!

FANTASTIC PICTURES!!! i just LOVE the projection show!!!! :lovestruc :love: :worship:

I love the projections they do on the castle. I have always wanted to do the dessert party but now that they have announced they have raised the prices to $49 a person that's a bit much. Looks like a great time can't wait to hear more.

I guess I shouldn't be terribly surprised about the Dessert Party filling up quickly since it is somewhat limited in capacity. Nice job on your stalking btw.

Interesting. For some reason I didn't know this was assigned seating. Maybe based on the sooner you book, the closer you get? I'm sure party size may play a factor as well.

How did you find the "rush" to get a spot at the railing? I love having something like that for picture taking as well. So much steadier.

IMG_5519_zps3c687d1b.jpg

Though all the castle pictures are great, for some reason this one really made me go 'wow'.

I like the Wishes Dessert Party offering. They have a nice selection of stuff and you get that great view of the castle.
Nice pictures of the castle.

Looking forward to the fireworks! :goodvibes:

I'm finally caught up after somehow missing a couple updates!

I loved all your Nemo pictures! It's been quite a few years since I've seen that show so I'm definitely planning on it this trip! :thumbsup2

You were brave for riding EE again! Glad you managed it okay, even if the bus ride after wasn't so pleasant. I, too, have better luck with my stomach when it's full! I love your Columbia Harbor House shot of Fantasyland. :goodvibes

Wow! I've never considered riding the Liberty Belle at night - great idea! Even if unintentional :laughing:

So glad that you were able to snag a dessert party ticket! Sounds like it was a hot commodity for sure. Loved all your pictures!!! :wizard:

OMG - your table looks so lonely over there by that pole. Glad you got seated early and were able to finish eating and get a nice vantage point for pictures. Your pictures of the castle are lovely!

What a great seat you got! I'm glad the desserts were yummy. You got some amazing castle and Celebrate the Magic pictures! I love the shot you got of the "Up" balloons on the castle. Can't wait to see the Wishes pictures!

I was very pleased with my seat! The Up balloons is one of my favorites but I really love the Christmas ones since that section was new to me.

YUM! your chicken (lack thereof) and fish looks DELISH! YES! the boat is glorious at night all lit up!!! Pretty cool you were able to ride it at night!!
I agree the new path is extremely dark!

can't wait to see what seat you have at the dessert party!

FANTASTIC PICTURES!!! i just LOVE the projection show!!!! :lovestruc :love: :worship:

I was excited to ride the Liberty Belle at night because I didn't even know it ran after dark! Thanks on the pictures, I was pretty happy with what my little point and shoot was able to capture.

I love the projections they do on the castle. I have always wanted to do the dessert party but now that they have announced they have raised the prices to $49 a person that's a bit much. Looks like a great time can't wait to hear more.

I'm worried about the changes to the dessert party. I really wanted to take my Mom too it but I'm going to wait now to see what the selections are. I'm hoping they didn't reduce the number of different desserts they have. I do agree that $49 is a bit expensive but I'll probably still take her because it was so much fun and I think it will be the only way I get her to watch the castle show and Wishes. She does not handle crowds very well.

I guess I shouldn't be terribly surprised about the Dessert Party filling up quickly since it is somewhat limited in capacity. Nice job on your stalking btw.

Interesting. For some reason I didn't know this was assigned seating. Maybe based on the sooner you book, the closer you get? I'm sure party size may play a factor as well.

How did you find the "rush" to get a spot at the railing? I love having something like that for picture taking as well. So much steadier.

I was determined to get the party! I have no idea how they determine the seating but I was probably one of the first to book so maybe that helped? I knew there would be limited space at the railing so I headed up there pretty early to secure a spot. It did get crowded there once the show started!

Though all the castle pictures are great, for some reason this one really made me go 'wow'.

That one is a pretty good one! I think the Christmas Gingerbread House is my favorite from this batch because it was something I hadn't seen before.

I like the Wishes Dessert Party offering. They have a nice selection of stuff and you get that great view of the castle.
Nice pictures of the castle.

Looking forward to the fireworks! :goodvibes:

The selection was very nice and I loved the view from there!

I'm finally caught up after somehow missing a couple updates!

I loved all your Nemo pictures! It's been quite a few years since I've seen that show so I'm definitely planning on it this trip! :thumbsup2

You were brave for riding EE again! Glad you managed it okay, even if the bus ride after wasn't so pleasant. I, too, have better luck with my stomach when it's full! I love your Columbia Harbor House shot of Fantasyland. :goodvibes

Wow! I've never considered riding the Liberty Belle at night - great idea! Even if unintentional :laughing:

So glad that you were able to snag a dessert party ticket! Sounds like it was a hot commodity for sure. Loved all your pictures!!! :wizard:

No worries, whenever you get here is fine with me. As of right now I've been updating this one on Tues & Fri but this next update is the last one I have pre-written. I'm hoping to get some more written this afternoon so I can continue with that schedule but this week has been crazy at work!

I'm not sure if it was bravery or just stupidity to ride EE again but it ended up OK. :rotfl:

I didn't even know the Liberty Belle ran at night so that was a nice bonus.

I think that is one of the hardest reservations to get at WDW! Now that they raised the price, maybe it won't be quite so hard to get.

OMG - your table looks so lonely over there by that pole. Glad you got seated early and were able to finish eating and get a nice vantage point for pictures. Your pictures of the castle are lovely!

Maybe it's just me but I never felt lonely once on this trip and I was there for 8 days! Thanks, I've been pretty happy with my little point and shoot.

Wishes from the Dessert Party Part 1

I stayed where I was when Celebrate the Magic ended so I didn’t lose my good spot. I knew I would have to shoot wider for Wishes so I took some more practice shots.

And then it was time. Sit back and enjoy Wishes as seen from the Dessert Party. It’s going to take three whole posts to get all of my pictures in!

Tinkerbell just moves way too fast for good photos. These next two are the best I could get.

This next shot is one of my favorites from the whole trip.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Wishes From the Dessert Party Part 3

Overall, I absolutely loved this Dessert Party. It was 110% better than the one the night before. I do think I still prefer photographing Wishes from in front of the castle since you can frame the castle in the center of the photos, but it was definitely a more relaxing way to watch without all the jostling crowds. I cannot wait till the next time Mom and I go because I’m going to take her to this for sure. I know she will love it. She has never seen Celebrate the Magic or Wishes because she can’t stand the crowds so I think this will be a great way for her to see them both.

I headed out after Wishes via the Emporium because I wanted to buy some vinylmation. I was looking for the Big Hero Six set but they didn’t have any there so I got some Mickey’s Christmas Carol ones and some Park Starz.

When I made it back to my room, Stitch was eagerly awaiting my arrival.

I traded for one vinyl at the Fronterland Trading Post that night. I saw this one in the clear box and thought it was cute.

I also traded for quite a few pins throughout the day.

Before calling it a night, I opened the four vinyls I had purchased on my way out of MK. Shockingly I opened the chaser for both sets. I wonder what the odds of doing that are since the chasers are supposed to be a lot harder to find.

It had been a fun day but also very long so I fell into bed around midnight pretty exhausted. But I didn’t have anywhere to be till 1:15 pm the next day so I planned to sleep in. I looked all around for the Do No Disturb sign but there wasn’t one in my room. I just hoped that Mousekeeping wouldn’t come knocking too early.

Up Next: A Relaxing Afternoon at the Monorail Resorts

Last edited:
isn't it time you bought a DSLR? I do believe your ready... i would look into it and i will be MORE THEN happy to go out shooting with you!

Now on to the questions. You know Matt likes the vinyalmations... I am not that versed in this.. The chaser: is that the question character on each box? Where are the locations to trade these things? I know the store does but they only hold three at a time.

So many awesome pictures of Wishes! I'm glad it was worth attending. And it definitely sounds like something you would enjoy with your mom :)

Aww Stitch in the window is so cute!

The dessert party does look like a great location. I would love to try it but will see how the reviews are after it changes. I also love watching from the hub area because of the castle but fantasyland is my second favorite spot because there are much less crowds.

I am a big collector of vinylmations as well. I have the tiki one and a few other park stars, I don't have sonny eclipse tho. I have two Christmas carol ones too but I like the ones you got better than mine. Love stitch in the window.

I opened this report in a tab a few weeks ago, then got distracted and never started it. I'm so glad I read through it this morning!

I am even more convinced of two things: I definitely need to take a solo trip, and we DEFINITELY need to get ourselves there during the holiday season.

I love your report of the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party! I booked the new version, the Wishes Dessert Party, for our trip in July. Since I've never done ANY of the dessert parties, I'm excited!
Heading over to look at your Universal TR too, as we're doing that for the first time this summer as well :) :)

(Oh, and I think AK is just the "upset stomach captial of Disney World" because I had issues there in August. Ugh.)

Love your Wishes pics!! and the cute little Vinylmation "Dot" you traded for. On the pins you posted--the Flik one looks like there should be something in his hand--maybe an add-on pin or something? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter