How Many Times Did I Meet Pluto This Trip? A Dec Solo TR - New TR Link 11/30!

So glad that you had such a nice family visit! So sorry to hear about Eddie though - wishing him a very quick recovery!!! :hug:
Yikes! Good luck with you 18 million - I mean 25 (close enough though!) budget meetings! :scared1:

Darn it for the wind affecting your Characters in Flight ride! :sad2:

Oh, and cupcake quota filled for the day. I was now over halfway to my goal of one cupcake a day.

WOOHOO!!! :thumbsup2

Oooooh, I absolutely love your new Minnie sweatshirt - that'd be a perfect purchase for me as well... I'll have to keep an eye out for something just like it! :goodvibes

It sounds like a really relaxing day so far! I'm really excited to see DTD (or maybe it will be Disney Springs by then?) in all it's glory!

Your pizza at WPE looks so yummy. We don't normally make it there because Earl of Sandwich is such a favorite but I keep hearing great things.

I like the Minnie sweatshirt - very cute!

Excited to hear about your evening at HS!

Loved the update. It's funny since I was just in DTD on Monday to see the pics from December. There are still so many things going on, but I'm so excited to see everything once it's finished!

World of Disney is usually where I spend most of my money as well. It was nice to get the AP discount this time. Looks like you got lots of great gifts for the people on your list.

I hope Eddie is doing better by now and that the report came back with good news. Let us know how it all turns out.

Wow! You are busy at work! Glad you had a good visit with your Mom and a little rest so you can cope better with the work load. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Hi there! I apologize for being extremely behind but I am officially all caught up and ready to be a better reader! I've enjoyed it so far, and you just renewed my interest in trying the Wishes Dessert Party! Can't wait to read more!

CAtching up as well.

Sorry I've been MIA. DH has been away for the last 2.5 weeks and I've been doing the single parent thing. He comes home this week so I can start catching up on the Dis.

Your shopping day looks like fun! And what great things you got. Love the vinyls....and the pluto!

Poor Eddie :( I hope the news turns out to be good and that his recovery is a smooth one!

I love shopping at DTD and usually end up going myself while the boys are left napping happily in the room. I'd rather go without them anyway, so I can browse in peace!!

Can't wait to see who you met at the next Characterpalooza!! I am dying to get back to WDW and check that out!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! I hope everything turns out okay. :goodvibes

Good for you for sleeping in! It looks like you were very successful in Downtown Disney!

I love both WPE and Goofy's Candy Company. :lovestruc Your lunch looked great, and I'm sure the cupcake looked great, too!

Just in case you missed it on my other TR or on Facebook, here's a update on Eddie:

Unfortunately the mass was cancerous. Our vet wanted to send us to an oncologist but we have decided not to put the poor guy through any thing more. He's going to be 14 in August and has been through so much in his life already. We felt it would be selfish of us to put him through Chemo just to have him for a few extra months. Our vet thinks we will have about 5 months with him so we will spend the time loving him and spoiling him more than he already is.

It definitely looks ominous! Glad it didn't rain though!

Love the Duffy vinyls and the Pluto ornament! And cute Christmas presents you purchased.

Can't wait to hear about your night at Hollywood Studios!

The clouds were very thick that morning but at least it made it not so hot that day.

Vinyls have become such an obsession with me!

It's crazy how things are changing at DTD. The boathouse is now open, so many new stores are open, the pictures just show how fast it's changing. Love your vinylmations especially the big all one. That pizza looks great, I hear so many things about WPE but still haven't eaten there.

I was excited about the Boathouse then I saw the menu and prices. :scared1: I won't be eating there any time soon. We saw a bunch of new stores open when we were there in February.

Definitely give WPE a try if you get a chance, it's very good.

Ohh I do love your shopping day!!! plus a sleep in! so your DO NOT DISTURB sign worked! WOOHOO!

Sorry again about your puppy.. it's so tough to watch them in pain. hug to you!

So happy you had a great visit with family!!! the pictures on facebook were AWESOME.

Yep, the sign worked perfectly. It was so nice to get a few extra hours of sleep after the crazy first half of my trip.

Eddie's doing a lot better now that he's healing from the surgery. I'm counting down the days till Saturday when he is off of antibiotics and will hopefully quit peeing so much.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the pictures!

Wow...those clouds do look nasty; glad it didn't rain on you.

What fun shopping and how sweet of you to increase Jim's Star Wars shirts. :)

Your pizza does look yummy and I don't do Disney or Florida pizza.

What fun gifts for the kids you shopped for.

Can't wait for more characters.

It was a weird morning weather wise. I really thought I would get rained on but it never did. I didn't mind having the hot sun blocked a bit though.

You might actually be OK with WPE pizza, it is very,very good. Of course since you are from Chicago I'm not sure any pizza would measure up. Jim is the only one I have ever heard say they did not like WPE pizza. His problem was that it was too "real" for him. In other words, it had chunks of tomatoes and other stuff in the sauce. :rotfl:

I used to be a go go go type, but I'm actually happy I've done some later departures sometimes. It is vacation after all.

Oh wow, that is an interesting Big Al vinylmation.

Characters in Flight is on my Bucket List. We were supposed to do it last trip, but weather again played a role. Oh well, one day.

I am looking forward to seeing DTD again next trip. It seems to be getting better all the time.

I think this was the first trip where I didn't have the urgency to get every little thing in. I guess going four times last year helped me to slow down a bit.

The Big Al vinyl is pretty interesting. I already knew that one existed or I'm not sure I would have realized it was supposed to be him. I definitely like the one from the Park Starz series better.

Definitely going to try again for Characters in Flight next time I'm down there.

So glad that you had such a nice family visit! So sorry to hear about Eddie though - wishing him a very quick recovery!!! :hug:
Yikes! Good luck with you 18 million - I mean 25 (close enough though!) budget meetings! :scared1:

Darn it for the wind affecting your Characters in Flight ride! :sad2:

WOOHOO!!! :thumbsup2

Oooooh, I absolutely love your new Minnie sweatshirt - that'd be a perfect purchase for me as well... I'll have to keep an eye out for something just like it! :goodvibes

Thanks, Eddie is definitely doing much better after his surgery. I did post an update above about the results from the biopsy.

I've got 8 done, 17 to go!

They had several different varieties of that sweatshirt, I'm pretty sure there was a red one with Mickey and a few others. I just really liked the blue color of the Minnie one.

It sounds like a really relaxing day so far! I'm really excited to see DTD (or maybe it will be Disney Springs by then?) in all it's glory!

Your pizza at WPE looks so yummy. We don't normally make it there because Earl of Sandwich is such a favorite but I keep hearing great things.

I like the Minnie sweatshirt - very cute!

Excited to hear about your evening at HS!

It was fun last year seeing the different stages of construction at DTD. I can't wait to see the finished product!

I'm not a fan of Earl of Sandwich but I definitely love WPE.

Loved the update. It's funny since I was just in DTD on Monday to see the pics from December. There are still so many things going on, but I'm so excited to see everything once it's finished!

World of Disney is usually where I spend most of my money as well. It was nice to get the AP discount this time. Looks like you got lots of great gifts for the people on your list.

I hope Eddie is doing better by now and that the report came back with good news. Let us know how it all turns out.

Wow! You are busy at work! Glad you had a good visit with your Mom and a little rest so you can cope better with the work load. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Hope your trip went well!

I really loved having the AP discount but unfortunately that's no more for me.

Update on Eddie posted above.

Yep, super busy right now but I had to take a few minutes to come here and update today!

Hi there! I apologize for being extremely behind but I am officially all caught up and ready to be a better reader! I've enjoyed it so far, and you just renewed my interest in trying the Wishes Dessert Party! Can't wait to read more!

Hi Marissa! No worries, I get behind all of the time. Thanks for getting all caught up.

CAtching up as well.

Sorry I've been MIA. DH has been away for the last 2.5 weeks and I've been doing the single parent thing. He comes home this week so I can start catching up on the Dis.

Your shopping day looks like fun! And what great things you got. Love the vinyls....and the pluto!

Ugh, I kind of understand because when Jim is away, I'm a "single parent" to four furry butts.

I had a lot of fun shopping that morning and got some great stuff!

Poor Eddie :( I hope the news turns out to be good and that his recovery is a smooth one!

I love shopping at DTD and usually end up going myself while the boys are left napping happily in the room. I'd rather go without them anyway, so I can browse in peace!!

Can't wait to see who you met at the next Characterpalooza!! I am dying to get back to WDW and check that out!

I updated on Eddie in the post above this one.

I definitely like shopping at DTD by myself or just with my Mom. My DH gets impatient and I always feel like I'm hurrying when he is with me.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! I hope everything turns out okay. :goodvibes

Good for you for sleeping in! It looks like you were very successful in Downtown Disney!

I love both WPE and Goofy's Candy Company. :lovestruc Your lunch looked great, and I'm sure the cupcake looked great, too!

Updated on Eddie int he post above this one.

I was very happy to finally get a chance to sleep in.

The cupcake was very pretty, I can't figure out why I didn't take a picture!

Character Paloosa #2 Part 1

I made it to HS by 3:50 pm so I still had a little time till the Character Paloosa so I stopped for some PP pictures on my way there.

No idea what I was doing in this next one.

Then I headed down Sunset Blvd for some more fun character meets. First up was Pinocchio!

Then Mary Poppins and Bert. I’m pretty sure we had a conversation about my Pluto gear.

And then it was time for meet #4 with my main dog. I’m not sure how I restrained myself and met the other three characters before him.

This next one is one of my favorite pictures from the trip. And it wasn’t even Photopass.

Next I got to check off another Princess that I had never met, Mulan. I know you can meet her in Epcot but I got to do so with no wait at all.

The last character I met during this Character Paloosa was Meeko.

Jasmine and Genie were also there and meeting together but their line was super long. Since I had met both of them at the first Character Paloosa I decided to just skip over them this time and head out.

My second FP+ for the night was for TOT from 5 pm – 6 pm. I had already let the first one for Little Mermaid expire. I really wanted to see Indiana Jones though and there was a show at 5:15 pm. I hadn’t seen that show since 2010. I figured that being by myself I could make it back to TOT in time so I headed towards the Indiana Jones theater.

I apparently took this random drive by photo as I was walking.

I got in the standby line about ½ hour before the show started and I was pretty close to the front. One photo from the line, it looks like I’ve got a creepy stalker in this one but I think the line just went around a curve there.

I got a great seat once again which emphasized my belief that FP+ is a waste for shows during the slower times.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Character Palooza #2 Part 2

Of course I did not volunteer at all, that’s just not my style but I did take some pictures during the show.

It was getting a bit dark at that point and my pictures of the outside action didn’t come out too well. I do enjoy that show but if it does go away I don’t think I’ll be too sad.

I did some serious booking back across the park after the show and made it right at 6 pm to use my FP+ for TOT. I walked all the way into the building and was pretty close to entering the library when the CMs announced that one side of the ride was down and it would be a longer wait. I still had an hour till my next FP+ expired so I decided to wait. Even with the FP+ I still waited a half hour before getting to board the elevator. Notice the empty back row in the picture? The CM totally forgot to load row 5.

And my ride video.

My final FP+ for the evening was of course for TSM. So I headed back up (not for the last time!) Sunset Blvd and over to Pixar Place. I didn’t do quite so well this time around.

But I was still best in vehicle so that’s something.

For the final time that day, I headed back down Sunset Blvd to get in line for Fantasmic. I stopped along the way and bought a Mickey pretzel since I hadn’t eaten any dinner. I wasn’t really hungry enough for a full meal after the pizza and cupcake for lunch. I got in line for the 8 pm Fantasmic right around 7 pm and was pretty close to the front of the pack.

Up Next: Fantasmic

Love the PP pics!

Great character meets! And your picture with Pluto is adorable!!

I'm glad you made it to your TOT FP in time, but bummer that it took such a long time!

Great character palooza! That really looks like a lot of fun. It's really been a long time since I've seen Indiana jones. I will agree that FP is a waste for large shows like that during non peak times.

Great pictures with Pluto, Pinocchio, etc. (oh...and loved your PP pics when you first came in).

We've not done Indiana Jones since 2008. I keep hearing rumors they may shut it down.

Nice picture and video from TOT. And I'd settle for that score when I ride TSM.

STUDIO_HBDARKRM_7112859270_zpsca37a10f.jpeg

This one made me laugh. It's so comical to me how it's clear you're doing a photo, and the folks behind you are almost right in line with you. Even Stitch couldn't scare them away.

Oh man, I've been wanting to meet Pinocchio for so long. I just never seem to see him at Characterpalooza.

I was wondering if you'd make it to ToT on time, but I guess with the 15 minute grace period, it wouldn't be a problem. Wow, how odd that the back row was unfilled. It sounds like the CM might have been a bit off.

WOOHOO Fantasmic!!!

Disappointing news about your sweet little Eddie :( I hope you are able to enjoy the time you have with him the next few months and spoil him rotten!!! <3
LOVE LOVE LOVE the close up pic you got with Pluto!! Maybe that's the "framer" from this trip!
Also, I laughed when I watched your TOT video because the CM who gestures toward the elevator looked like your husband at a quick glance!! :-)

So sorry to hear about Eddie. I hope you make the most of your time together and I think you're doing the right thing for him. At 14, there really is no point with chemo. Enjoy!

I'm so sorry about your dog. I know the next few months will be special for all of you and hope you can enjoy lots of sweet snuggles.

Fun characterpalooza! Mary Poppins and Bert seem like a fun meet! We were lucky to meet Mulan at Characterpalooza, which was nice since she was a must see for us and we could never make the times work at Epcot. And cute picture with Pluto, of course!

And I completely agree that FP+ for most shows is a waste. We had several during our October trip and it seemed like we were let in at the same time or after the stand by line.

No idea what I was doing in this next one.

isn't it supposed to be a TA-DA type picture?!? that's one hell of a TA DAAAAAAAA! :rotfl:

This next one is one of my favorite pictures from the trip.

Mine too!!! i hope you have this one framed!!!

he CM totally forgot to load row 5.

and ya wonder why it's even longer to wait in line.. :sad2:
Knuckleheads

Characterpalooza is really something i want to do in November!!! just never get the timing down.
Hopefully a friend of mine will help us out this time..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter