How Many Times Did I Meet Pluto This Trip? A Dec Solo TR - New TR Link 11/30!

Safari Part 1

I used my FP+ for the safari and it wasn’t long before we were boarding our truck. I liked the bumper stickers on the front above the driver.

I was apparently in the front row because I took this next picture. I didn’t realize at the time that I actually got myself in it a bit.

And we were off! I honestly don’t know many of the animals names so I’m not even going to try. Just enjoy all of the pictures I took.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Safari Part 2

Continued From Previous Post

I think I got a pretty good picture of the Hidden Mickey Island in this next shot.

And look who was up and walking around!

Overall not a bad safari. The Giraffes were a bit far off but I certainly saw a lot of the Elephants this time. I was also happy to see the Lioness up and about and also the Warthog. I’m sure I would have gotten more photos if I wasn’t in the front seat. It’s really hard to shoot around the front of the vehicle.

When I got done I think it was around 11:30 and I was quite hungry. I headed back over to Discovery Island for some Flame Tree Barbecue. I ordered the ½ Chicken for my meal.

And even though I wasn’t on the meal plan, I had to order the chocolate mousse because I love it.

The seating area was already packed and I wasn’t able to find a seat under an awning. This was no problem at first because it was pretty cloudy and not hot at all. But then about halfway through my meal, it started to spit rain so I hurried a bit. It was delicious as always, I’ve never had a bad meal at Flame Tree. I finished up then ducked into the store across the way to shop for a bit till the rain let up. It rained for about a total of 5 minutes so it wasn’t long before I was on to my next adventure.

Up Next: I Make My Own Character Paloosa

Last edited:
Great pictures! And it's always a good safari when you can see one of the lions!

Mmm yummy lunch! Glad the rain didn't stick around too long!

The safari is probably one my favorite disney attractions. I don't think I have ever seen a lion up and moving around so that is really cool.

Florida rain never last very long.

I don't know how I missed all these updates. I am NOT liking the new DIS at all right now.

Great trail and safari pictures.

Unfortunately, we won't be back to Flame Tree for awhile...we had a really bad meal there in September. We will stick with Yak & Yeti for table service.

I'm going to pretend that the hippos are doing some form of choreography in your photo. It makes them much more interesting.

YES!!! The Hidden Mickey Island. Since they don't talk about it anymore (at least on the safaris I've been on since the departure of Little Red), I wonder if anybody notices this.

Sadly, I'm kind of over the Safari now. Not that I'll never ride it again, but I skipped it last time so maybe that will create enough gap between sessions. I do miss my giraffes though. It is amusing that for many safari success or failure rests solo on the visibility of the lions.

I don't think I've eaten at Flame Tree since maybe 2006 or 2008. Not by design, it just worked out that way. I have to get back there though.

Ha that picture of the mirror looks like my profile pic on facebook!!!
umm that chocolate Mousse looks amazing.. i think i want that now...
great Mickey island!!!

Great selfie!
What fantastic shots of the animals on the safari ride. Looks like you saw a lot of them! And that Mickey Island is terrific.
Love the chocolate mousse.

Thanks for sharing.

I knew you would have fabulous photos of the safari! I appreciate the progression that made it easy to feel like we were riding along with you. We have never seen the lion or lioness up and about in all our trips. That was an awesome photo! And a great shot of the hidden Mickey!

Flame Tree is always a must for Dan and I when we're in Animal Kingdom. Always! We usually go shortly after they open and it never disappoints. I do wish they still served the yummy corn bread they used to have. I'm with you on the chocolate mousse…must have!

Now, I wonder what characters you'll be meeting up with….

Great pictures! And it's always a good safari when you can see one of the lions!

Mmm yummy lunch! Glad the rain didn't stick around too long!

I love it when the lions are up and moving! I wasn't quite done with the rain on this day....

The safari is probably one my favorite disney attractions. I don't think I have ever seen a lion up and moving around so that is really cool.

Florida rain never last very long.

I've ridden the Safari many times and this was only the second time I had seen a lion up and moving. The rain wasn't quite finished yet.

I don't know how I missed all these updates. I am NOT liking the new DIS at all right now.

Great trail and safari pictures.

Unfortunately, we won't be back to Flame Tree for awhile...we had a really bad meal there in September. We will stick with Yak & Yeti for table service.

No worries, whenever you get here is fine with me! Bummer that you had a bad experience at Flame Tree. I guess any place can have an off day once in a while.

I'm going to pretend that the hippos are doing some form of choreography in your photo. It makes them much more interesting.

YES!!! The Hidden Mickey Island. Since they don't talk about it anymore (at least on the safaris I've been on since the departure of Little Red), I wonder if anybody notices this.

Sadly, I'm kind of over the Safari now. Not that I'll never ride it again, but I skipped it last time so maybe that will create enough gap between sessions. I do miss my giraffes though. It is amusing that for many safari success or failure rests solo on the visibility of the lions.

I don't think I've eaten at Flame Tree since maybe 2006 or 2008. Not by design, it just worked out that way. I have to get back there though.

It does appear that the Hippos are trying for some synchronized swimming!

I'm pretty sure I found out about the Hidden Mickey Island either here on the DIS or in my Hidden Mickey book. I don't recall ever hearing it mentioned on the ride itself.

For me, I could spend hours at a zoo so the Safari is always a must do. It is pretty funny about the lions. I also always hope for a glimpse of the cheetahs but have never seen them other than way back in their area. Someday I hope to catch one moving around.

I love Flame Tree but I've eaten there so many times the last few trips I may give it a rest next time and head to Pizzafari instead. I love that counter service too.

Ha that picture of the mirror looks like my profile pic on facebook!!!
umm that chocolate Mousse looks amazing.. i think i want that now...
great Mickey island!!!

Hmmm, I'll have to check out your Facebook pic, I don't recall what it looks like. The mousse is really just glorified chocolate pudding but it definitely suites my simple tastes.

Great selfie!
What fantastic shots of the animals on the safari ride. Looks like you saw a lot of them! And that Mickey Island is terrific.
Love the chocolate mousse.

Thanks for sharing.

Funny thing is, I had no idea I was taking a selfie! I was trying to get the reflection of the Safari sign on the side of the truck.

There were quite a few animals out that day so I was happy.

I knew you would have fabulous photos of the safari! I appreciate the progression that made it easy to feel like we were riding along with you. We have never seen the lion or lioness up and about in all our trips. That was an awesome photo! And a great shot of the hidden Mickey!

Flame Tree is always a must for Dan and I when we're in Animal Kingdom. Always! We usually go shortly after they open and it never disappoints. I do wish they still served the yummy corn bread they used to have. I'm with you on the chocolate mousse…must have!

Now, I wonder what characters you'll be meeting up with….

Thanks, I was pretty pleased with the photos from that safari. I've now seen the lions up and about twice so I guess I've been lucky.

I do love me some Flame Tree and I eat there almost every trip. I had no idea they used to have corn bread!

Character meets coming up!

I Make My Own Character Paloosa

Since I hurried through lunch I was done much earlier than I planned. I had a FP+ right around the corner from Flame Tree but I decided to go and see Baloo and King Louie first. They took a break while I was waiting so I took some pictures of the tree from the line and also the Christmas decorations. Love the bananas for King Louie.

I don’t think I waited more than 10 minutes all together before I was meeting them.

I was still too early for my next FP+ so I decided to go visit some bugs. Pictures are from walking through the line. I think I take that Elephant photo every time I walk through this line.

When I got done with the bugs and screaming children, it was finally time for the FP+. It had started to sprinkle again when I got out of the theater but my destination was indoors and right across from the Bug’s Life exit. I wanted to meet Mickey and Minnie in their Christmas cloths. I think the standby wait time was only 15 minutes but I hadn’t wanted to miss this one.

There were some very cute pictures to look at while I waited.

Once again it was a very short wait before I was meeting the big cheese and his girl. Why do I always look so awkward in the hugging pictures?

The rain had stopped once again when I left the greet. I headed back towards Dinoland after finishing with Mickey and Minnie because I needed to get my picture with Pluto in Park #2. But as usual, I got a bit distracted. I passed the place that used to be the Winnie the Pooh characters but now it’s just Daisy down there (or at least it was in December, no clue who might be there now). You can’t really see the meet and greet area to gauge the line but the CM said it was really short. It was, I think there was only one or two families in front of me. The area was looking pretty sad and pathetic with only one character.

Here’s the Photo Pass pictures with Daisy. I decided at that point that I wanted to try to get all of the Fab Six since they were in AK Christmas gear. Three down, three to go.

Next of course was Pluto and Goofy. The line was a bit longer this time, I waited about 30 minutes but I sure wasn’t passing this one up. Pluto was awesome this time and really liked my gear. Goofy even stepped aside and let me have Pluto all to myself at first. Oh and this was Park #2 but Meet #3 with Pluto since I met him twice the day before at HS.

So that now made five of the six characters in their AK Christmas cloths. Donald was the only one left and his greet was right around the corner from Pluto and Goofy. I headed there and got in line. I was estimating about a 20 minute wait but then it started sprinkling again which quickly turned into a pretty good rain. Donald left and the line scattered. I headed over to Restaurantosaurus and found a table on the porch. I sat there for about a half hour while the rain came down.

Up Next: In the Big Blue World

Great meet and greets. I love the Christmas decor in them as well. Bugs life is a favorite of mine for some reason. I also love the tree of life and all of the details that went into that. I haven't met Minnie and Mickey in their new spot yet.

Great pictures of the Tree of Life!

Mickey & Minnie in their Christmas costumes are the cutest! I loved meeting Daisy in that area because there was literally NO ONE there. But at the same time, they really should use that space for more characters or have her and Donald meet together there! So jealous that you met her in that outfit, when I met her she was just in her traditional clothes.

Yay for Pluto (and Goofy)! So cute that you got a solo pic with Pluto too.

So many great characters meets!! Sorry the rain prevented you from meeting Donald :(

What great character meets! I love seeing the characters in their Christmas-wear!

SANTA GOOFY!!! I'd love to get a picture with Santa Goofy sometime. I'm thrilled you got your third picture with your favorite, Pluto! :D

Awesome character pictures, Ariana. I love the Christmas outfits...especially Mickey and Minnie's.

I want to see It's Tough to be a Bug...we missed it the last two trips.

I'm so glad the Character Trail folks found new homes. They really did a great Christmas theme for Baloo and King Louie. Lots of love being shared in that meet.

I haven't seen the the Bugs in over a year. Sept it was closed and January I just wasn't feeling AK with all the walls. That's ok though. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Oh yeah, the pictures in the Mickey-Minne meet are precious AND hysterical. But this is also a very important meeting place as I think it's the only place to meet them together. And in the Christmas outfits... MUST DO!!

You really did make your own Characterpalooza.

What a fantastic aim to go-get this day. Love the pictures with the characters.

Hope that you get to catch up with Donald!

So I have a lot of catching up to do, but I loved your last two updates.

You got great pictures from the safari. Very nice. And you got to see the lioness. Nice!

I also loved all your character pictures. They turned out great! Looks like you are having a blast.

Your meet pictures are awesome!!! I'm sure Pluto loved that you were all decked out in Pluto gear! And Mickey and Minnie are looking so fabulous in their Christmas clothes! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter