How Many Times Did I Meet Pluto This Trip? A Dec Solo TR - New TR Link 11/30!

So sweet!!! all the characters in their Christmas stuff is fantastic!!! I HOPE they will be in it in November. Nice to just sit and watch and enjoy isn't it?

Great meet and greets. I love the Christmas decor in them as well. Bugs life is a favorite of mine for some reason. I also love the tree of life and all of the details that went into that. I haven't met Minnie and Mickey in their new spot yet.

I was so excited to get most of the characters in Christmas gear! That was my first time meeting Mickey & Minnie in their new spot. It was nice that it was all indoors and out of the rain.

Great pictures of the Tree of Life!

Mickey & Minnie in their Christmas costumes are the cutest! I loved meeting Daisy in that area because there was literally NO ONE there. But at the same time, they really should use that space for more characters or have her and Donald meet together there! So jealous that you met her in that outfit, when I met her she was just in her traditional clothes.

Yay for Pluto (and Goofy)! So cute that you got a solo pic with Pluto too.

So many great characters meets!! Sorry the rain prevented you from meeting Donald :(

I agree that there needs to be more characters down where Daisy was. I know at one time they had three of the Pooh characters and there is definitely room for that many.

Pluto was awesome this time and most of the greets this trip. It was nice of Goofy to let me have Pluto all to myself. Sometimes Goofy gets mad at me for ignoring him. :rotfl:

I wasn't too bummed about Donald at that moment because I was planning on coming back to AK later in the week.

What great character meets! I love seeing the characters in their Christmas-wear!

SANTA GOOFY!!! I'd love to get a picture with Santa Goofy sometime. I'm thrilled you got your third picture with your favorite, Pluto! :D

It was really fun getting all the characters in their Christmas gear! AK is a great place to meet Santa Goofy because the line is usually much shorter than over at HS or at MVMCP.

Awesome character pictures, Ariana. I love the Christmas outfits...especially Mickey and Minnie's.

I want to see It's Tough to be a Bug...we missed it the last two trips.

Thanks, I really enjoyed meeting all of them. I do like ITTBAB except for the one part where you get poked in the back. But I pretty much know where that is during the show and just lean forward a little bit.

The Christmas costumes are awesome! What great pics!

Thanks! I loved all of the Christmas costumes!

I'm so glad the Character Trail folks found new homes. They really did a great Christmas theme for Baloo and King Louie. Lots of love being shared in that meet.

I haven't seen the the Bugs in over a year. Sept it was closed and January I just wasn't feeling AK with all the walls. That's ok though. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Oh yeah, the pictures in the Mickey-Minne meet are precious AND hysterical. But this is also a very important meeting place as I think it's the only place to meet them together. And in the Christmas outfits... MUST DO!!

You really did make your own Characterpalooza.

I think the only two that used to be over at Character Trail that are no longer around are Thumper and his lady. I would really love to meet them someday! I also really missed the Christmas trees they had in that area.

I don't need to see ITTBAB every trip but I like to catch it once in a while.

Yep, that's the only place they meet together now so it may become a must do for me from now on.

What a fantastic aim to go-get this day. Love the pictures with the characters.

Hope that you get to catch up with Donald!

I wasn't too worried about getting Donald on that day because I knew I was coming back later to AK later in the week and could see him then.

So I have a lot of catching up to do, but I loved your last two updates.

You got great pictures from the safari. Very nice. And you got to see the lioness. Nice!

I also loved all your character pictures. They turned out great! Looks like you are having a blast.

No worries, I know how hard it is to get caught up after a trip.

I was so excited to see the lioness up and moving! They are such gorgeous animals.

I did have a lot of fun meeting the characters on this trip.

Your meet pictures are awesome!!! I'm sure Pluto loved that you were all decked out in Pluto gear! And Mickey and Minnie are looking so fabulous in their Christmas clothes! :thumbsup2

For the most part, every time I met Pluto this trip, he was excited to see all of my gear! I really loved getting pictures with Mickey and Minnie in their holiday outfits.

So sweet!!! all the characters in their Christmas stuff is fantastic!!! I HOPE they will be in it in November. Nice to just sit and watch and enjoy isn't it?

I'm really not sure when the switch to holiday gear. I know for sure they are in December but I don't know about November.

I did a little more sitting and watching this trip because it was a long one and I loved every minute!

In the Big Blue World

I had not seen the Finding Nemo show since 2010 and really wanted to catch it again on this trip. The next show was at 3 pm and it was past 2:30 at this point. I was about to get my poncho out and make a dash for it when the rain stopped. I did debate about skipping Nemo and heading back to the Donald greet but then I saw that he was now meeting with Pluto and Goofy since their greet area had a roof. The line looked to be at least an hour long so I said forget that and moved on.

I made it to the Nemo Theater just as the CM was starting to cut off the line, I managed to sneak past him as he turned to get the rope to put across the entrance. I have no idea why they cut it off at that point because they did let more people in later. Maybe they have to see how many FP+ people show up?

The CMs were directing the standby line towards the bottom left of the theater into the “bubble zone”. Since I wasn’t too worried about the bubbles, I headed towards the front middle of the top section. I think my view was pretty good.

The show is basically a retelling of the Finding Nemo movie using puppets. It’s actually a very well done show and I enjoyed it a lot. No idea why this was the first time I’d been back in so long. So I guess you probably want to see pictures? Yep, I took a lot. They aren’t the best as the lighting was weird in there but of course I’ll post them for you any way.

The Crush puppet was just awesome.

After the show it was time for my last FP+ for the day which was for EE from 3:15 – 4:15 pm. And yes, I was going to brave it one more time that day. I was feeling a lot better after eating lunch. I made my way around and scanned my band and got……. Blue. Hmmm, I scanned it again and still blue, not green. Blue is bad, it means your FP is not valid. The CM looked and told me the FP was expired, it was for 2:15 – 3:15. Darn, I totally screwed that one up, I should have double checked my time. But then she pointed out to me that the wait time was only 5 minutes so I got to ride anyway. A few pictures as I walked through the standby line.

Psycho deer anyone?

And the ride photo, still boring.

It was now past 4 pm and I had done everything I wanted to do at AK except for meeting Donald. I knew I needed to get some solid food in my stomach before the dessert party that night so I wouldn't get sick again. I decided to head out and hop to MK for some dinner.

Up Next: A Unique Nighttime Experience

You had good seats for Finding Nemo, great pictures!

Ah bummer about mixing up your FP time but at least it was a short line so you could still ride! I like the ride photo!

Glad you accomplished mostly everything you wanted to do!

In a big blue world! Finding Nemo is a great show, AK has two really good ones and it shows that it may be time for the other parks to step up their game.

EE is always great!

Fantastic photo's!!!
I have never seen the nemo show yet.. Maybe this time around?!?! Yay for EE! after 6 times i was bored of it! HA HA HA HA.
the title to the next update has me intrigued!
happy-st-patricks-day-disney-2.jpg

Great pictures of the Nemo show. I do love that show, although not a must-do every year. The colors are awesome and the puppets so well done.

Too funny that you had the wrong time for your FP+, but glad that there was a short wait and you got on right away. The only thing I like about that ride is taking pictures as you walk through the line...it is so well themed.

I love that you were able to "sneak" into the Finding Nemo show!! :) We still have never managed to see it!! Every time I go to Animal Kingdom SOMETHING goes wrong with our schedule.

Aww bummer that the line was so long. That would have been cool to meet those three together.

I've still only seen Nemo once, but I was impressed and will return some day. Some of those puppets are crazy impressive.

:rotfl2: that made me laugh. Sorry your FP is expired but since the wait is only 5 minutes anyway...

Good for you, getting into Nemo. I have to admit that the Nemo musical isn't high on my list of things to see at AK. We've seen it once and we weren't bowled over by it. I guess I should give it a second chance next time.

Shame about your FP+ time; but at least the standby queue wasn't too long.

You had good seats for Finding Nemo, great pictures!

Ah bummer about mixing up your FP time but at least it was a short line so you could still ride! I like the ride photo!

Glad you accomplished mostly everything you wanted to do!

I was so mad at myself for mixing up my FP+ time but I'm not sure I would have used it anyways since it was raining during that time.

I did have a good day and got a lot done!

In a big blue world! Finding Nemo is a great show, AK has two really good ones and it shows that it may be time for the other parks to step up their game.

EE is always great!

Yep, both shows are really good at AK. I would definitely choose FOLK over Nemo but seeing both of them that day was fun.

Fantastic photo's!!!
I have never seen the nemo show yet.. Maybe this time around?!?! Yay for EE! after 6 times i was bored of it! HA HA HA HA.
the title to the next update has me intrigued!
happy-st-patricks-day-disney-2.jpg

The Nemo show is definitely worth a visit. It is a bit of a time sucker though since it's a long show. Next update coming right up!

Great pictures of the Nemo show. I do love that show, although not a must-do every year. The colors are awesome and the puppets so well done.

Too funny that you had the wrong time for your FP+, but glad that there was a short wait and you got on right away. The only thing I like about that ride is taking pictures as you walk through the line...it is so well themed.

I think I will try to hit that show every other trip now. I was a bit mad at myself for mixing up my times. Especially since I carry a laminated card each day with my times on it. I've about given up on MDE, I can never get it to come up in the parks.

I love that you were able to "sneak" into the Finding Nemo show!! :) We still have never managed to see it!! Every time I go to Animal Kingdom SOMETHING goes wrong with our schedule.

I think that's one of the advantages of being solo, I was able to sneak by when his back was turned. Too bad you've had trouble with your schedule at AK because the Nemo show is very good.

Aww bummer that the line was so long. That would have been cool to meet those three together.

I've still only seen Nemo once, but I was impressed and will return some day. Some of those puppets are crazy impressive.

:rotfl2: that made me laugh. Sorry your FP is expired but since the wait is only 5 minutes anyway...

It would have been fun to have all three in a picture. If I hadn't met Pluto yet I might have done it. Of course with the rain having stopped, I bet Donald would have headed back to his spot on the first break.

Yep, there are some pretty cool puppets in that show!

I was a bit mad at myself for messing up the time but at least I still got to ride.

What is wrong with that deer?? How have I never noticed that thing before? It's terrifying!

Your Nemo pics are great! I need to see that one again.

I don't know but he is definitely scary!

Good for you, getting into Nemo. I have to admit that the Nemo musical isn't high on my list of things to see at AK. We've seen it once and we weren't bowled over by it. I guess I should give it a second chance next time.

Shame about your FP+ time; but at least the standby queue wasn't too long.

I think it's cute because the puppets are so well done but it definitely doesn't come up to the same level as FOLK for me.

I was definitely annoyed with myself for messing up my times.

A Unique Nighttime Experience Part 1

I ended up having to stand on the bus from AK to MK and this made me feel nauseous again. It probably didn’t help that it was about 100 degrees on the bus. I’m used to freezing on the buses so I’m not sure what was going on. Luckily this was the last time I felt sick all week so you don’t have to listen to me whine anymore.

I knew I needed to get something to eat pretty quickly because I tend to feel much better on a full stomach. I have a much worse time with my motion sickness if my stomach is empty. No clue why, you would think it would be the opposite. So I headed to one of my favorite counter services, Columbia Harbor House.

It was still kind of early for the dinner crowd so there was no line. And I was able to find a seat upstairs looking out onto Fantasyland.

I ordered my usual Fish and Chicken meal. I promise you there is chicken on the plate but it was hiding underneath the fries. You can see one piece peeping out towards the bottom.

It also came with Cole Slaw which I don’t remember getting before. If I had realized it came with the meal I would have told them not to give it to me. I don’t like it and ended up throwing it out.

I sat there for a while enjoying both my meal and the scenery.

I had about two and a half hours to kill in between dinner and when I could check in for the Wishes Dessert Party. What to do, what to do? When I exited the restaurant, I noticed that the Liberty Belle was still running even though it was dark. I had no idea it even ran after dark. It was just docking so I decided to hop on and get a different experience. And it certainly was. It was so dark back behind Tom Sawyer’s Island that it was almost spooky. I didn’t get a whole lot of pictures because it was so dark but here are a few.

And a picture after I disembarked to show how pretty the boat looked all lit up at night.

Next, I wandered into Frontierland and decided to visit my bears. Love this show and especially Big Al!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
A Unique Nighttime Experience Part 2

Continued from Previous Post

Ted is my Mom’s favorite bear so I took a close up of him. He’s the one playing the corn jug.

I also got a pretty good close up of Zeke.

And you will notice there were no pictures of my beloved Big Al. There was a guy filming with an IPad that blocked my shots in that direction.

After the CBJ (or maybe before, I can’t remember) I decided I wanted to see what was out there in the way of FP+ so I went to a kiosk. There were actually still some good choices and I ended up getting one for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. But as soon as I walked away, I realized the time would not work with the dessert party. Oh well, I wasn’t too worried about it, I really just wanted to see if there were still good ones available. I decided to check out the wait time for BTMR any way so I headed that way. Splash Mountain was looking quite beautiful at night.

The wait for BTMR was 30 minutes. I stood there and debated for a bit but I still had a lot of time till the party so I figured might as well waste it standing in line. I timed it just to see if it really was 30 minutes and I ended up waiting right at 25 minutes. Pretty close.

This was the first time I had walked through the regular line since they redid it years ago so I finally got to see all the new stuff. And just for your viewing pleasure, I took a grand total of 2 pictures! Yep that was a fail wasn’t it?

After BTMR, I still had time to kill so I headed over to the Fronterland Station and got on the train. I ended up riding it all the way around, then went past Fronterland and got off at New Fantasyland. It was a nice relaxing way to use up that last bit of time.

I took the back path to Tomorrowland since it was now almost time for the party.

That back path can be awful dark and a bit spooky at night. I waited for a bit so I could take a picture of the train going by.

Up Next: Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party

Being on the Liberty Riverboat at night really must've been a nice experience!

Country Bears...great choice! But booo to the person with the iPad blocking your Big Al shots!!

BTMRR and the Railroad, nice way to wrap up your time before the dessert party!

Your meal looks good. I have never been on the liberty belle that is definitely something I need to do.

The country bear jamboree is a must for me and Big Al is a favorite in my family as well. That sucks that those iPad photographers got in your way, between them and selfie sticks I don't know what is worse.

Big thunder is my favorite mountain especially at night. Can't wait to hear about the dessert party.

I'm the same way Ariana. If I'm feeling nauseous, food actually helps.

Mmmm that is my fav Harbour House meal right there.

I also love Big Al. :) I swear, if an iPad was bocking my view of Al, there would be a broken iPad.

You got in some lovely time killers, lol. Looking forward to the Dessert Party.

I really liked Finding Nemo! :fish: I would love to see it again soon (and with two AK days planned, I have a good shot!).

I didn't know the Liberty Belle stayed open at night either! :boat: What a fun and different experience!

I haven't seen the Country Bears in YEARS... they may need another visit. ;)

I hope this dessert party was better than the one at Hollywood Studios! :goodvibes

Sorry you were feeling nauseous. Glad that the meal helped you feel better. That coleslaw is too sweet for me.

Lovely night time pictures on the LB and the Country Bears.

Looks forward to seeing the Dessert Party.

Being on the Liberty Riverboat at night really must've been a nice experience!

Country Bears...great choice! But booo to the person with the iPad blocking your Big Al shots!!

BTMRR and the Railroad, nice way to wrap up your time before the dessert party!

I was a pretty nice experience. Definitely one of those rides that is quite different at night.

I was definitely annoyed by the Ipad guy!

It turned out to be a pretty nice few hours that I "wasted".

Your meal looks good. I have never been on the liberty belle that is definitely something I need to do.

The country bear jamboree is a must for me and Big Al is a favorite in my family as well. That sucks that those iPad photographers got in your way, between them and selfie sticks I don't know what is worse.

Big thunder is my favorite mountain especially at night. Can't wait to hear about the dessert party.

My meal was good, I love CHH.

The Liberty Belle is cute, there are some cheesy scenes on the back side of Tom Sawyer's Island that you don't normally get to see.

I have to say that Space is my favorite mountain at MK but I do love BTMR too.

I'm the same way Ariana. If I'm feeling nauseous, food actually helps.

Mmmm that is my fav Harbour House meal right there.

I also love Big Al. :) I swear, if an iPad was bocking my view of Al, there would be a broken iPad.

You got in some lovely time killers, lol. Looking forward to the Dessert Party.

I want some of those chicken tenders and fish sticks right now!

I seriously thought about saying something but the guy was a few rows in front of me and to my left. Plus he was a big guy. I really didn't want to end my night too soon. :rotfl:

It was a very nice way to waste some time!

I really liked Finding Nemo! :fish: I would love to see it again soon (and with two AK days planned, I have a good shot!).

I didn't know the Liberty Belle stayed open at night either! :boat: What a fun and different experience!

I haven't seen the Country Bears in YEARS... they may need another visit. ;)

I hope this dessert party was better than the one at Hollywood Studios! :goodvibes

You definitely should be able to see Nemo again with two AK days!

I always thought it closed at dusk so I was very surprised to see it still operating.

Yes, you must go and see the Country Bears! Such an awesome, cheesy show.

Sorry you were feeling nauseous. Glad that the meal helped you feel better. That coleslaw is too sweet for me.

Lovely night time pictures on the LB and the Country Bears.

Looks forward to seeing the Dessert Party.

Thanks, I'm glad this was the last of me feeling bad. I'm pretty used to it with the issues I have but it's still no fun at all.

I wish I could have gotten some more pictures on the LB but it was just too dark around the back of the island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter