How many people in family, how many tvs?

Well...we actually have a couple more than I thought!!

We have 3 that have satellite on them : 1 on each floor of the house for tv viewing then. They are located as follows: 1 in the basement (which is finished and where DH has his office and the laundry room is down there as well as the kid's play area). One on the main floor in the living room and one upstairs in our bonus room which also is our guest bedroom area.

We also have a tv that does not get any stations that the Wii is connected to and then another in the exercise area that can get local stations but is only used for exercise dvd's and videos

3 in family
1 in each: Great room, Music Room, kitchen, basement/laundry, office, three bedrooms, (And one in a vehicle, :rotfl2:) so thats 8 in the home! 2 hooked to gaming, 7 fully wired up.

Family of four...two TV's.

One in the family room with Wii, DVD, DVR, cable.

One in kids bedroom with cable, DVD and soon will have the Wii and Rock Band in there so their friends can stop being so noisy in my living room! :rotfl:

Family of 3, 1 TV in the living room.

DD is only 9 months old so she doesn't watch TV or play games yet. We have cable but only basic channels, but we do have a DVR. We also have a Wii.

I don't ever plan to let my kids have TVs in their bedrooms (and I'm sure at some point I'll be the meanest mom ever for this). Not even so much because of inappropriate content, but more because I don't want them sitting up all night watching TV. If they are going to sneak staying awake past bedtime I'd rather them be hiding a book & a flashlight under their pillow like I did, than watching TV.

Family of 4, 5tvs.

All dish network. The Living Room TV and Dvr and stands alone. The basement tv and the upstair bedroom are also set up for DVR. Only one can be watched at a time. Both kids have a tv in their rooms, one box, but they can watch different shows, but no DVR.

Family of 3: DH, DS9, and me

We have one tv in use. A Chirstmas gift to ourselves. A new LCD. We get broadcast, have a VCR/DVD combo, PS3 (Merry Christmas again!), and a Wii (Merry Christmas again!) LOL all hooked up to it in the family room.

We moved the old tv into the spare bedroom/storage room upstairs. It isn't hooked up to anything, or even plugged in. We are about to move and I figure we may use it in an upstairs gameroom if we get one. I'd hook up the digital converter box to it and the old PS2 to it (for games and DVDs). I envision using it when we would have DSs cousins over, if they wanted to be able to watch a movie while the adults were doing something else. Also envision it as the "exercise" tv.

We also have a 13" tv/vcr combo that I had kept for the purpose mentioned above. Now I'm thinking that we can donate it or give it away (freecycle). We have a digital converter box for it too, but it isn't hooked up or plugged in either.

Family of 4 with 3 TV's.

TV with Direct TV in living room, also has PS3 and WII.
TV with Direct TV in play room, also has XBOX 360 and DVD player.
TV with Direct TV in master bedroom with DVD player.

DH is really the only one who uses XBOX. PS3 is mostly used for movies and some games for DH.

I'm not sure the kids will ever have TV's in their room. I just don't see a reason for it, maybe when they are older.

Family of 3 with 4 tv's but the 4th is in the guest room and is unplugged unless we have company. Main tv is in the basement and is really only watched by my husband and I and has the Wii hooked up to it (son doesn't know about the Wii yet). Tv in the family room is watched for no more than an hour by our 4 year old. And we have one in our bedroom. Our son will not get one in his room until at least high school.

family of 4, three tv's (and a broken one in our basement)

50in plasma in the living room, hooked up to Direct TV big package (no premium), WII and playstation 2, bluray
27 inch inch reg tv/dvde combo in our bedroom which is supposed to be hooked up to DirectTV but the receiver hasnt' worked since last Summer (and our last huge thunderstorm grr) and we have just been too busy to do anything about it.

The third TV is over in my mother in laws storage unit since she borrowed it and we have never retrieved it when she got her new TV a year ago.

We would put a TV in my oldest's room (almost 10) so he could watch and get a reprieve from little bro (and they wouldn't fight over which movie to watch in my bedroom) but his room really sin't big enough for one the way its set up now.

5 people, 1 tv. Plan to keep it that way. I hate tv in my bedroom-makes it really hard to sleep-and really am committed to keeping the tv and our computer in our main living room, especially as my daughter moves into her teen years :).

4 in family, 3 tvs. We have a 32 inch in the family room where we watch tv, an old 19 in hidden in an armoire in the living room that is used for gaming (I have two teens,) and an old 13 inch with vcr in the basement exercise area.

We are a family of 4 with 2 tvs. One in the family room, one in master bedroom, both hooked up to DirecTV. The one in the family room has a DVR, the other does not. The Wii is in the family room also. DH has a Playstation (2 or 3, not sure) that he takes back and forth to work, but it very rarely gets hooked up to a tv at home anymore.

No tv in the kids' rooms until they are 18 years old and buy it themselves.

We are a family of 4. Ds is 12 and dd is 8.

We are in the process of moving so we are currently sharing a tiny 13" TV right now.

When we do get settled we will have a big tv in the living room, a tv in the master bedroom. Both of those hooked up to cable.
Each kid gets a tv in their room with no cable hooked up. It's for game systems and dvd's only.

I'd also like to add that my kids are not allowed to do anything with electronics during the school week. They can use their tv's and games on the weekends.

We have 2 TV's in the house. A flat screen in the family room with all the video games hooked up and an old one in the living room. I refuse to allow TV in the bedrooms. I limit how much ny DD who is 9 can watch TV or play games. She gets an hour a day. Otherwise it's read a book, we play a lot of games as a family, we do crafts and spend a lot of time outside.

Lisa

Family of 3. Four tvs-one in the living room, one in the family room- that is rarely used, one in the master bedroom and one in our son's room. Only two have digital cable boxes-master bedroom and living room-this has HD and both have on demand as well as extended digital cable channels. No dvrs in our house at all. The other two tvs have standard/basic cable.

Mostly watch the living room and master bedroom tvs. The others do not cost anything extra to have hooked up though.

We have 3 people and 2 TV's. One in the living room and one in DD's bedroom. The only reason it's in her bedroom is because the cable hookup doesn't work in our bedroom. That TV is hardly in use. Basically now we use it once a week, we put on a movie in there for her and she plays with her toys while we watch 24.

We have cable, but only get 14 stations. Both TV's are old tube TV's. Our livingroom one came from a second hand/repair shop and the other was given to me as a Christmas gift freshmen year of college by my parents, so they are both pretty old.

3 people in my family, 3 tv's. The large one in the living room, one in our bedroom and a spare. That one will eventually go in Dd room when she's older.

Family of five. We have one TV in the family room with satellite and we play the Wii on it. The boys share two bedrooms, in the larger room we have a TV for movies and PS2 only. We also have a TV in the master bedroom-not on satellite. We never receive channels since the conversion so we never watch it.

If I could figure out how to get good reception I would love to get rid of the satellite.

Family of 4 - 5 tvs all with full cable

52" HD with full cable,wii, ps3, in living room
23" HD with full cable in kitchen/family room (like to watch while eating/cooking)

32" with full cable in master bedroom
32" with full cable in daughters room
32" with full cable in sons room

Husband and both kids have laptops and we have wireless internet in the house. Kids are not allowed to have laptops in their bedrooms. They can use them in the kitchen, living room, family room only.

We have Time Warner Cable and our cable/internet bill is approx 138.00/month with no pay-per-views movies purchased. Usually have 1-2 per month.

My son is very active in sports, both kids are on high honor roll and both kids get the Citizenship award at school each year. I don't think the television has hurt either of them one bit :goodvibes

They pretty much only watch their tv's in their rooms when they go to bed at night. A habit that my husband and I passed down to them. We all set sleep-timers on tv's at bedtime and let the tvs watch us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter