How many people in family, how many tvs?

DH is addicted to TV. We are a family of 3 and have 4 TVs.

2 Family rooms each with a TV with digital cable.
1 TV master bedroom, regular cable only
1 in DD's bedroom, no TV access, only used for DVDs.

I'm not a big TV person...I waste my time on the internet.

Family of 6, 4 tvs. 1 in each bedroom and 1 in the living room. All have the same channels.

All verizon fios.

the only one with a flat panel hdtv is my 17 who got one for christmas. I do not pay the the hdtv box.

I have a 13 inch in my room, other kids have a 19 inch and I think the living room is a 27 inch

We are a family of 5 and have 5 TVs...we have Verizon Fios hooked up to each TV...

Flat panel 52" LCD TV w/HD box in family room
Flat panel 32" LCD TV w/HD box in living room where either the Wii or an Xbox 360 is hooked up when all 3 boys are around at once
Flat panel 32" LCD TV w/HD box in den where kids watch TV and play video games...Xbox 360 and Xbox Live
Flat panel 27" LCD TV w/regular box in DS18's bedroom where the second Xbox 360 is hooked up
Regular 20" TV w/regular cable box in DS16 & DS16's room
We don't have a TV in our bedroom.

Each of our 4 computers have the capabilty to be used as a TV and so do our 3 laptops. We also have a subscription to NETFLIX. We don't have any of the premium chanells with FIOS but do have the HD package.

I, too grew up in a household where there was a TV in every room. We are a house full of avid TV watchers. The kids mostly the history channel, Discovery and ABC Family.

We have parental controls on all of the TVs.

Maybe its a MA thing?? LOL We are the same here
We have a gaming TV in the computer room
Both kids (13 yo girl 9 yo boy) have TV's in their rooms with parental controls
They watch a lot of TLC, my son LOVES history and war stuff so the history channel and Ash likes teen nick. She also watches some of my shows (medium, ghost whisperer)
TV in our room
TV in family room

Upstairs living room has no TV since it flows with the kitchen and dining area and we wanted to be able to talk and hang out with family/friends without competing with the TV.

Verizon Fios here also though after 9 months I am still unsatisfied.

Family of 4 - 2 adults with DS7 and 4.

We have 4 TVs
- 19" HD in Master Bedroom w/ HD DVR cable
- 26" HD in Study w/HD DVR cable - Hubby's gaming TV & sports/movie night - kids rarely watch this TV.
- 27" Standard Def in Living Room w/ reg cable - Wii, kids TV
- 13" Standard Def in DS7 room - PS2 and DVD. - no cable

Eventually we want to convert our rarely used dinning room into a media room with a large HD TV and dedicated recliners but not in the budget atm. Instead we drag the 26" out and the recliners from the living room for football , ie, Superbowl next week.

We have 3 computers
- Main PC in study - hubby's computer (internet)
- Laptop in Kitchen - my computer( using it right now :) (internet)
- Older PC in kitchen - Kids computer - no internet

Family of 4 with toooo many TV's (8)

42inch flat screen in family room ( wii hooked up to this)

the rest are all older tube tV's
our bedroom
DS7 bedroom
DD10 bedroom
craftroom
kitchen
patio
garage

cable on all since it is included for free for our HOA

Me, DD6, DD3. 3 TVs - Living room with basic cable (13 channels), wii, DVD player; playroom tv not even plugged in; my bedroom - only for Sunday morning cartoons and VHS tapes we may want to watch.

My house rules say no tv Monday-Thursday for the kids. We only have basic cable - what is there to watch for kids on there?

We also have a computer, with no internet.

I figure I have a few more years to get away with this. But my kids will not be getting tvs or computers in their rooms. Like someone else said - they want a tv in their room, they can move out ;)

We are a family of 4 (used to be 6), we have 8 tvs. 1 HD in family room with dvr and full cable (wii and ps3), 1 HD in master bedroom, full cable, 1 HD (her Chanukah present) tv and full cable in bedroom, 1 tv full cable in DS room, 1 tv in guest bedroom cable, 1 tv in kitchen cable, 1 tv in basement playroom (I think we have a limited cable box in there) old game systems too, 1 tv in DH's office with full cable.

Everyone has their own computer with internet. DD13's computer is in my DH's office.

2 people. 50-inch tv/home theatre setup in the basement, 32-inch LCD with DVD player in the guest bedroom.

We are a family of 5 with 3 kids 13, 11, 8

We have 6 TV's
Fam Rm: HD LCD w/ HD DVR box
Our bedroom: HD LCD w/HD box
Basement: older tv digital box
Son #1: older tv digital box
Son #2: older tv digital box
Daughter: HD LCD w/digital box

We switched from Directv to cable (RCN) about 8 months ago. RCN REQUIRES that you have some sort of box (digital or HD) to get ANY channels since they now broadcast in digital. So, no more just plugging a cable into a tv...you get nothing, nada.

We were used to this with Directv. We had boxes on all our TV's, even the kids because otherwise you get snow. :goodvibes So, it wasn't a really big deal to us to get the digital boxes. Some of our neighbors were quite annoyed however. Some of them had only one box in the family room and now they had to get one for every TV or see snow.

I should add that DH and I are both quite addicted to TV and both grew up in households with lots of them! We have a 40 inch LCD TV in our bedroom with an HD box if that gives you any indication. We bought if for our family room and both instantly decided it was way too small and bought a 53 or 54 inch (not sure) for the family room.

Family of 5, one television. The tele is in our family room, with cable.

About four years ago we also had a television in our bedroom. Our oldest daughter wanted a tele in her room, too. We told her no way - not going to happen in our home. She asked why we had a tele in our room. hmmm. We got rid of the tele in our bedroom and haven't missed it - much;)

We are a family of 2 and have 5 TV's, all hooked up to cable but only 2 with the HD Digital boxes from the cable company.

We are a family of 4 and have 7 TV's....

Living Room-52" full hd and too many channels to count
Kitchen-32" full hd-love to watch the news while I cook
Play room-old 19" just basic cable
basement weight room-old 13" basic cable
Master bedroom-32" basic cable
DS19-26" basic cable-PS3
DS14-32" basic cable-xbox

family of 4- 2 tv's...one in livingroom with with ps3 attached(netflix streaming) one in basement rec room with ps2 attached(kids games) we have one dual dvr box in basement that supplies both tv's with sat. tv,plus dual recording if wanted.
In reality,99.9% of the time we all watch the LR tv together,and once in a while,when Mom is REALLY tired;) she hogs the LR to herself and sends the kids to the basement to watch:thumbsup2 but mostly they play games in the basement. no tv's in bedrooms. I hate that! (my kids don't:rotfl:)

Family of 5. 1 TV that gets local programming only. We had Netflix for awhile, but didn't use it as much as we thought we would, so now if we want to watch a movie, we get if for free from the library. We do a lot more reading than TV-watching, anyway, since DH has said the kids can't watch anything on school nights.

We are a family of 3 - DH, DS (13), and myself.

We have a tv in the living room, which has HD digital cable (the cheapest package Comcast offers).

In the master bedroom, we have digital cable (the cheapest package Comcast offers).

In the guest room, we have a tv set up for gaming, but rarely used (I have my N64 hooked up in there).

My son has expanded basic cable in his room, but alas, he lost his tv privileges due to misbehavior (being mouthy), so his tv is sitting on the guest room floor. He uses the tv mostly for gaming, but occasionally watches Nickelodeon. He may earn his tv back within the next couple weeks.

And edited to add that we have a package with Comcast - the Triple Play thing - and pay around $186 (I think) for internet, phone, and all of the above tv's.

Family of 5 here with three boys 5, 12, and 15.

We have three tvs.
52 inch in the family room- It has dishnet, netflix and dvd player hooked up to it. The boys sometimes hook their wii up to that.
40 inch in the game room- dishnet is hooked up to that and any games the boys want play.
19 inch old tv in my bedroom-Dishnet is hooked up in there. This tv is rarely used by anyone other than myself and dh in the late night or early morning hours.

I have no problem telling our kids that adults can do things kids can't. We have a television in our master BR and won't allow the boys to have one in theirs.

Dawn

Family of 5, one television. The tele is in our family room, with cable.

About four years ago we also had a television in our bedroom. Our oldest daughter wanted a tele in her room, too. We told her no way - not going to happen in our home. She asked why we had a tele in our room. hmmm. We got rid of the tele in our bedroom and haven't missed it - much;)

Family of 5 - 2 TV's

#1- Family room TV with cable & dvd/vcr & hooked up to the Wii.

#2- Master bedroom small TV with cable & dvd/vcr.

By the way, we have 8 remotes but NONE of THEM WORK!!!:confused:

OMG, after reading most of the responses I am a little embarrassed to admit that we have 6 tvs right now for a family of 4. I actually thought I was doing good by removing the tv from the kitchen...:lmao:

We have the main tv 46 inch in the family room. We have a brand new 32 inch LCD in the "play room." That room is supposed to be a living room, but we are not a formal family so it has become the play room. We have one in the masterbed room, DH's office, DD 8 bedroom and DD 12 bedroom.

They are all hooked up to cable. We have digital cable in the family room, playroom and DD 12 bedroom to allow for direct movies. We have the playroom tv hooked up the Wii. We have 4 DVD players and 3 VCRs. I guess we are a bit obessed with tvs after reading here...oh well!

Our bill comes to about $96 a month unless someone orders a movie then it is more. My oldest DD 12 has a laptop and my DD 8 has a netbook. I have a laptop, my DH has his work desktop and we have another desktop. I guess we're just an electronic family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter