• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long did it take to hear back (accepted/declined/pending) after the interview?

It was set for September 10th. Today is the 6th. Im just really upset and confused because this is my dream.

DisneyLoverRJ...I agree. Call them tomorrow. They are usually around weekends when applications open. If not, leave a message, and send an email.

To the original question...From application to acceptance for Fall 13 was 2 weeks for my son.

I already sent an email. Ill call them at 8 AM tomorrow. Thank you so much guys.. I really hope we all get too go to the Disney College Program Spring 2014!

Also, any tips for the phone interview about the questions?

I just had my interview today for my second CP. My first one I was asked about school, my reasons for applying to Florida, what my roles were and some scenarios of what I would do in certain situations. Make sure to have questions to ask at the end, even if you know the answers already. Just so your interviewer sees that you're really interested.

Today we talked a lot about Florida, what I got out of the program, why I wanted to go to California and what I wanted to get out of that. Again, asked a bunch of questions so my interviewer knew I was serious about it.

When you're talking, smile. It really helps keep you calm and makes you sound genuine and happy. Remember your interviewer's name so at the end you can say thank you _____. Have a piece of paper to write down questions and tips that your interviewer gives you and write down your top roles so you don't have to think about what they are as you're on the phone.

I already sent an email. Ill call them at 8 AM tomorrow. Thank you so much guys.. I really hope we all get too go to the Disney College Program Spring 2014!

Also, any tips for the phone interview about the questions?

Good luck on your phone call tomorrow - I hope you get it all straightened out! My interview for Sept 10th @ 7:15 pm so hopefully nothing goes wrong. This will be my last time. I'm sure if you explain everything to them in the morning it will all work out. Keep us posted - we are all rooting for you! :thumbsup2

Interview: Tuesday, September 10
NLIC on Dashboard: Wednesday, September 11
Email saying Sorry: Thursday, September 12

did your letter start with "Thank you for your phone interview"
I saw that on my son's email....and don't want to open but wondering if that is a pended letter.
thanks!!

did your letter start with "Thank you for your phone interview"
I saw that on my son's email....and don't want to open but wondering if that is a pended letter.
thanks!!

I received a pending letter yesterday. It started with Thank you for your interest in the disney College Program.
The one your son received is most likely the automatic one that is sent out when the phone interview is completed.

So I applied to the DCP the first day applications came out (September 5th), did my WBI September 6th, and had my phone interview September 13. Still haven't heard anything yet but I've been reading this thread and it seems like people who are pending are notified within 2-3 days of their phone interview, I'm guessing no news is good news?

So I applied to the DCP the first day applications came out (September 5th), did my WBI September 6th, and had my phone interview September 13. Still haven't heard anything yet but I've been reading this thread and it seems like people who are pending are notified within 2-3 days of their phone interview, I'm guessing no news is good news?

Your interviewer said you will hear back in 2-3 weeks, and I'm strongly assuming (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that's 2-3 weeks AFTER your phone interview, NOT when you applied.
Contrary to popular belief, pending is not necessarily a bad thing. It just means they will take longer to notify you whether you will be accepted or NLIC.
Look at it this way. If they didn't think you were a good candidate, you would have been NLIC, so if you were pended, there's something in your application that has enough appeal to make Disney want to consider you longer. There have been people pended a few days after their interview and they hear back in a few days.
No news is good news! Hang in there :thumbsup2

Interview: Tuesday, September 10
NLIC on Dashboard: Wednesday, September 11
Email saying Sorry: Thursday, September 12

I'm sorry! Are you going to try again next year? Please don't give up if this is really what you are hoping for.

I haven't received any pending email - just still "in progress" on the dashboard. My interviewer said I would hear back within 2-3 weeks (which is after the interview).

Unfortunately, this was my last shot. I'm still the running for a couple PIs. I hope one of those will work out!

I applied on September 5th / WBI September 5 / Phone Interview September 9th and have heard nothing... Hoping to hear something soon :) Good Luck everyone!

After my son applied in February, we kind of started seeing some patterns. Basically, NLICs and Pendings were going out within a couple of days. So our mindset became, "No news is good news." He received his acceptance right at the 2 week mark from applying.

I applied on September 5th / WBI September 5 / Phone Interview September 9th and have heard nothing... Hoping to hear something soon :) Good Luck everyone!

Same for me--application and WBI on the 5th, interview on the 9th, heard nothing so far. Good luck to everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter