How long did it take to hear back (accepted/declined/pending) after the interview?

Mine says in progress, I'm not exactly sure what that means other than playing the waiting game. Hopefully it all works out and I get my dream come true!

Mine says in progress, I'm not exactly sure what that means other than playing the waiting game. Hopefully it all works out and I get my dream come true!

That's what my DD's says too. Keep in mind this was a holiday weekend and even though WDW was open some offices might have been closed. I'm thinking after Monday things will move along again. My DD had a long interview too and a classmate of hers who worked at WDW at one time told her if you have a long interview it is a good sign. Hope so.....good luck.pixiedust:

That's what my DD's says too. Keep in mind this was a holiday weekend and even though WDW was open some offices might have been closed. I'm thinking after Monday things will move along again. My DD had a long interview too and a classmate of hers who worked at WDW at one time told her if you have a long interview it is a good sign. Hope so.....good luck.pixiedust:

"In Progress" is what it will say until you're accepted/declined. If you're declined, it will say "No Longer In Consideration." If you're pended, it will also say "In Progress," but it will state in an email that you are pending (but a pending status will not be indicated on the dashboard). It took me 9 days to get accepted (no pending), and it said "In Progress" the entire time. In fact, if I remember correctly, after I got my acceptance email my dashboard still said "In Progress" because it took a little while to update.

Also, while a long interview may be a good sign, I've heard of people being accepted with a 9-10 minute interview. I think it really just depends on who the interviewer is. (Note: I have no idea if having a long interview is good - the only people who know that is Disney).

Good luck on getting accepted :)

Also, while a long interview may be a good sign, I've heard of people being accepted with a 9-10 minute interview. I think it really just depends on who the interviewer is. (Note: I have no idea if having a long interview is good - the only people who know that is Disney).

Hello!
I had my interview Monday March 25th, my interview lasted around 36mins...
I don't know if that's bad or good, tho my interviewer was really nice and we shared a few giggles. Later that night I received a thank you for the phone interview you will hear back within 2 or 3 weeks.
On the 27th I received an "Document to Complete" Email to submit an
"WDW College Program Addendum Application"
Did that.... Now I haven't heard anything since then.

Hello!
I had my interview Monday March 25th, my interview lasted around 36mins...
I don't know if that's bad or good, tho my interviewer was really nice and we shared a few giggles. Later that night I received a thank you for the phone interview you will hear back within 2 or 3 weeks.
On the 27th I received an "Document to Complete" Email to submit an
"WDW College Program Addendum Application"
Did that.... Now I haven't heard anything since then.

You won't hear anything else until about 1-2 months before you head down

Thank you luvmylatte. I almost forgot it was a holiday weekend in a way since we had spring break a few weeks ago for school it has kind of thrown me off and with no little kids in the family anymore we as a family don't make a big deal out of Easter like we used to lol! I'm hoping and praying that it's a good sign, I just keep telling myself it is.

"In Progress" is what it will say until you're accepted/declined. If you're declined, it will say "No Longer In Consideration." If you're pended, it will also say "In Progress," but it will state in an email that you are pending (but a pending status will not be indicated on the dashboard). It took me 9 days to get accepted (no pending), and it said "In Progress" the entire time. In fact, if I remember correctly, after I got my acceptance email my dashboard still said "In Progress" because it took a little while to update.

Thank you for wishing me luck. I know a classmate of mine has been accepted for costuming, I had no clue that she applied until we were talking about class this afternoon, Lol! Unfortunately I haven't gotten any emails at all from the program, I applied on monday, was busy tuesday and had been checking my email but saw nothing and figured I would just give it a shot and look at my dashboard and saw that they wanted me to do a WBI and then as soon as I finished that it said to do a phone interview. My theory with the long interview was that must have liked what I said because if they weren't interested they would not keep asking questions, or maybe they just didn't want to be rude who knows all I know is that I'm staying positive about this whole process.

I had my interview on a Thursday, and heard back the following Monday!

I lucked out and only had to wait four days from interview to acceptance. I interviewed on March 21st and was accepted on March 25th.

I did feel pretty good after my interview, even though I was definitely nervous beforehand! But I did my research and was prepared for pretty much all of the questions my interviewer, Ian, threw at me. I also had a lot of practice interviewing (face-to-face) for accounting internships last year, so in comparison a phone interview was a bit easier. Interviews are always somewhat nerve-wracking though!

When I applied for Spring 2013 I got a pending email two weeks after my phone interview and a NLIC about eight weeks after that.

This time I applied for Fall 2013 and got my accepted email one week after my phone interview.

I had my phone interview March 26th, received pending letter the same day. Haven't heard from them yet and today marks three weeks. Should I expect bad news?

Should I expect bad news?

You should have the same level of expectation for bad news as you have to receive good news.

They haven't made a decision and they don't provide any indication as to which way they are leaning. Ever.

Until they make a decision, you are still in consideration. You are in the same spot you were the second you hung up the phone after your interview.

• February 20th, applied for the DCP. Completed and passed the WBI a few hours later.
  • February 28th, Phone Interview. It lasted just shy of 9 minutes. Seriously, I was under 9 minutes. By the end of it, I was pretty confident I'd be rejected. I should also note that later that night, I sent an e-mail to the WDW Recruitment address and asked if they could forward a message of thanks to my interviewer, Coleen. They replied stating that the my thanks would be delivered, and I cannot tell you how much I think that helped. I felt awful about my interview. I still do.
  • March 1st, Pended. Wasn't too surprised at all.
  • March 22nd, 2nd Pending E-mail.
  • April 16th, Accepted into Costuming, my top choice! I can't tell you how excited I am. :hyper: I had genuinely just about given up, doing job application after job application to places elsewhere right before I found out I made it in.

February 8th - Applied on the first day that apps were open, passed the WBI, and scheduled my phone interview.
February 13th - Phone interview
February 15th - PENDING
April 18th - NLIC

March 6 - Applied , web interview, scheduled phone interview.

March 11- Phone Interview

March 13- Accepted for merchandise

Very pain free process :)

February 8th - Applied on the first day that apps were open, passed the WBI, and scheduled my phone interview.
February 13th - Phone interview
February 15th - PENDING
April 18th - NLIC
I'm so sorry. If it helps my daughter didn't get in first time after being pended but applied again and was accepted right away. She is there now doing spring advantage. Don't give up. She almost did but with encouragement applied again and was happy she did.

March 6 - Applied , web interview, scheduled phone interview.

March 11- Phone Interview

March 13- Accepted for merchandise

Very pain free process :)

Mine was exactly the same except that I applied March 7th instead of the 6th. :)

Disney College Program. I applied last night. (Sept. 5) then I did my online interview. Once I finished that, right away I got the phone interview email. I scheduled it for Tuesday Sept. 10th at 2:30 PM. Today I got an email stating that I "cancelled" my phone interview or I didn't answer the phone call, but today is only Sept. 6th. I'm really upset because it stated that they will not consider me in the Spring 2014. I'm calling Monday, but I'm really scared that whatever happened ruined my chances. The Disney College Program has been my dream since I was about 8. When I met a lady doing the same thing, I knew I wanted to be apart of this magical experience. What should I do? I'm really upset about this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter