How is the food at 50's Primetime (other suggestions)??

traci

Doesn't want any Tags
Is the food pretty decent here? We have done Sci-Fi last 2 trips and need to try a new TS place. Any other suggestions welcome :)

We did it for the nostalgia factor with my parents on our last trip.

Food was above average for our trip. It was hot and there was quite a bit. It was all very heavy. It is comfort food and much of the menu reflects that. Mashed potatoes, fried chicken, ceasar salads, and veggies with butter sauce.

We all felt like we just ate an elephant when we were done but no complained of being hungary the rest of the night! :)

I had the pot roast and it was great! DH had the chicken sandwich and said it was just ok. I liked the retro atmosphere but he didn't like the schtick they do. Hope you like it. :)

We never skip 50's Prime Time when visiting Disney. The entire place is retro 50-60's including the clean plate club and no elbows on the table.

The food is straight comfort food. I love the pot roast, served with mashed potatoes. I have even gotten the recipe and make it at home. They have chocolate malts. Not milkshakes, but malts! The servings are big enough for two but it is soo good, I don't want to share.

If you don't want the entire "act" then just let your server know that you are for just a meal and they will honour you wishes.

For a quick bite we also like Starring Rolls. It is fast and good food.

Do get ADR's and enjoy.

Thanks all for the great feedback! I really appreciate it :)

We eat here every trip and I am trying to convince them that I want to go somewhere new. The last time we did Sci Fi was back in 1997.

Everyone's fav's...

pot roast
fried chicken
smores
brownie sundae

Have fun, it is a blast!!:banana:

The food was good, especially the milkshakes, but the atmosphere is what makes us want to go back.

:thumbsup2 We tried 50's Prime Time after doing the Sci Fi DI twice before. It was good food and a lot of fun. We are two adults (no kids) and really enjoyed ourselves. TV's on all over showing old sitcoms and atmosphere is like grandmas house in the 50's! I had fried chicken and hubby the pot roast, both really good. Lots of families with kids and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. As said previosly lots of milkshakes and "floats" being consumed. They also have a full service bar.:woohoo: We went the week before halloween.

We ate there one time... That's all it took!!! We all had different meals, but none were worth having. When we left there, we got chicken fingers and pizza to fill us up!! If you go, be very scared of the root vegetable hash!!!

Good luck!!

We've been there several times. The better the schtick, the more fun we have. DD#2 has her bday on our next trip and she chose 50s PTC for her birthday dinner.
Robin M.

No one's mentioned the chicken pot pie...oh...so...delicious!!

I'm sad we're not eating there next month. It's so much fun! My friends and I ate there on a school trip almost ten years ago and still talk about it! We ate there in May, and it was still as fun as I remembered.

Here's my yummy pot pie, strawberry milkshake (enough for two to share in one order) meatloaf, stuffed pepper and a hot dog (kids...haha). My mom got the yummy pot roast (not pictured).
Disney067.jpg

We love the 50's Prime Time Cafe. My daughter is still taking about the meatloaf that she had there. We're taking my mother for her first trip next December and that will definitely be one of our dinner choices.

Last time we went, I had the Ceasar Salad with Salmon. It was so tasty and so perfect for that day! I really didn't want anything heavy, so that option worked great!! My parents both got the Fried Fish Sandwich, but in the past, my Mom's favorite has been the Fried Chicken. My Dad's favorite is the Meatloaf.

We love 50s! And as people have said, it's definitely comfort food!

Oh, yum yum....my DD12 still talks about the fried chicken. But, check out my dessert! It was better then camping!

IMG_0100.jpg

We eat here ever visit. It's a must have for us. The pot-roast is delicious and the s'mores are enough for 3. The portions are large and the staff make the experience as fun as you want it to be. If you don't play along with their antics I think they just tone it way down. If you play along, as we always do, it just adds to the experience. We've yet to be disappointed after 6 years in a row.

Its a must do for our family every trip. The atmosphere is great, but what keeps us coming back is the food. Pot Roast, Fried Chicken, Ceaser Salad with Salmon, Roasted Pepper and Meatloaf are all very tasty. Be sure to save room for a PB&J milkshake. MMMMMMMMMM!!!!

I ate there one time and have not returned. It was just ok but I found the food either greasy, the fried chicken or dried out, the pot roast plus we had a waitress that was blah, no pepe or anything, the experience was ok but once was enough for me. Just remember that everyone has different tastes, you may like it but you'll never now till you try it.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!