How early do you get up when at WDW

What time do you get up to go to the parks

• I hit AM EMH and I am there at ropedrop

• I intend to be there for ropedrop but never seem to quite make it.

• We go when we get up, no early risers here

• We hit PM EMH

Results are only viewable after voting.
we just go when we get up, unless we are going to tampa bay for bg for the day, then we leave early.

We are early risers at home, DH 430am, and I get up at 5am. We both start work early! So, getting up early on vacation is no big deal, but we like to relax with our coffee in the morning & our 2 DDs didn't like getting up to early when they were teens .........we have only made rope drop 3 times in about 20 years! All 3 of those times, DH was not with us, it was just DS and I last trip, (12/07). We plan on doing MK rope drop in Jan. 09 with our grandson who will be almost 3 at the time. The rest of the family can wander in when they get up.................

I forgot to put my own option down! We too are at rope drop, but never EMH. Someone asked why so many people are up early and not going to EMH. We have found that the EMH parks fill up so much faster, that it is more pleasant to go to one of the parks that does not have EMH and be there for opening.
In our experience, by 10:00-10:30 (with an 8 am opening) the EMH parks were a zoo, where as a park that doesn't have EMH doesn't usually start to get really busy until noon. With four kids, I really hate trying to manuever a packed park, so usually we are done by noon, ready for lunch and to hit the resort.
I love the empty early morning parks when everything is new and clean!

We are usually up and out the door by 8 or so. Neither of my kids can sleep in the mornings...so we might as get up and going! :)

Well-I tend to get up earlier than Mrs U (6:00-6:30), but all I do is relax and sit out on the porch or balcony with my coffee. Unless we have a tour scheduled that requires us to be at a park early, we almost never even make a move to the theme parks until about 9:00 or so. And often later when we have a full TS breakfast.

I try to plan one morning at each parks regular opening time
This vacation I "may" be at MGMs early opening
We do the late night hours also

We're usually up at EMH time, there may be a couple days when we sleep in a little later, but not too late!
I agree with the person who said they could sleep at home.
I don't want to miss any of the fun and magic, and I'm usually up early anyways. :thumbsup2

we're up and out when the schedule says we need to!LOL!

if we need to be at rope drop for a busy day - I'll get us there. DS1 is always up early, as soon as he stirs he's up and out of bed about 6am usually.

DS2 - you'd think he was a teenage (he's 4), he wakes late, moans and groans, lies in bed until he's turfed out and then stumbles to the sofa and collapses on there too :love:

so if its a park opening time - we're there by 8.30 at the latest, if we are on a rest day, we'll hang in the room till about 8.30 and then waltz down for breakfast somewhere.

Why does everyone keep saying that they don't do the EMH's? Our trip is short so every hour counts. I thought that the EMH's could help us a bit.

EMHs attract all the resort guests to one park, so it fills up early. Then, at official opening, all the non-resort guests come to that park as well (at least the ones who ordinarily would...most are not informed about EMH and have no idea that the park had been opened for resort guests before they get there). It gets rather mobbed by 10:30.

Now, if you have hoppers, and plan on going to a non-EMH park as soon as normal opening hours come around, you can get a little done at the EMH park, but then you lose time to traveling between parks. It's a toss-up as to whether you actually gain any park time that way, since by the time you get to the non-EMH park, the first wave of guests are already there and have gotten their FPs and are standing in line.

Sleep a little later, go to a non-EMH park, get TONS done there early.

Should do a poll. We are early risers, at least for most of the days. I can sleep at home..................

Thats how I feel about it! Its amazing when Im in wDW I dont want to go to bed and Im ready to get up before light but dont always dare to b/c of my family! LOL! I will lay there squirming waiting until atleast first light. Ive already made DF soon to be DH that we will be up by atleast 7! Eat a quick breakfast at the resort and on a bus!

EMHs attract all the resort guests to one park, so it fills up early. Then, at official opening, all the non-resort guests come to that park as well (at least the ones who ordinarily would...most are not informed about EMH and have no idea that the park had been opened for resort guests before they get there). It gets rather mobbed by 10:30.

Now, if you have hoppers, and plan on going to a non-EMH park as soon as normal opening hours come around, you can get a little done at the EMH park, but then you lose time to traveling between parks. It's a toss-up as to whether you actually gain any park time that way, since by the time you get to the non-EMH park, the first wave of guests are already there and have gotten their FPs and are standing in line.

Sleep a little later, go to a non-EMH park, get TONS done there early.

Thanks for the advice! I think I may switch our schedule around a bit. We have park hoppers and are going to be doing a lot of hopping around the first few days depending on how we feel.

Thanks for the advice! I think I may switch our schedule around a bit. We have park hoppers and are going to be doing a lot of hopping around the first few days depending on how we feel.
We do early magic hours but leave that park by lunch time when it feels up about 11:00. We get alot of stuff done in the first two hours. We always get to walk on sourin and then fast pass for later, then we walk on test track and like wise with the other parks. We have never had a problem making good time in the mornings.:goodvibes

We do early magic hours but leave that park by lunch time when it feels up about 11:00. We get alot of stuff done in the first two hours. We always get to walk on sourin and then fast pass for later, then we walk on test track and like wise with the other parks. We have never had a problem making good time in the mornings.:goodvibes

Thanks for the advice. I think we'll do the EMH and if it starts to fill up we'll head somewhere else. I don't know if October is considered off season but i'm hoping for lower crowds.

I like a bit of a mix. I like to hit rope drope a couple of times during a trip, but when I'm not on vacation I work like a dog, so I like to sleep in too! We usually get up around 7:30am or so and take our time getting started. This is when we go at 'value' time of year. Now, the busy times of year its always been up early and ready to run at rope drop! :eek: Just so long as no one gets hurt!

Other. We always hit rope drop, but we don't get to the parks in time for Early EMH (plus, we almost always stay offsite, so we can't do EMH anyway). Our plan is to always avoid EMHs, early and late- but we do get to the parks first thing in the AM, and stay until close at night.

Weget up when The Boss (my DW) tells us to. She is an early riser, but the rest of us aren't. We still make it to the parks usually just after open.

We get up around 6 or 6:30, depending on what time everyone made it to bed. Our goal is to be out of the room by 7:15--7:30. Some days we try to make it to a park right at rope drop, but other times getting there a few minutes after is just fine, too, as we have discovered it is still not too overly crowded that early in the morning. We also give ourselves a break and have at least 2 or 3 sleep-in days, but we sleep no later than maybe 8:00 and that gives us a little more rest while still allowing us to get into the park at a fairly decent time, around 9:30 or so. Our trips average 10--12 days, so we do have the luxury of being able to go a little later on some days. It seems like on shorter trips you have to get up super early every single day so as not to waste any valuable time and everything feels rush, rush, rush.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter