How About Some Introductions?

Hey I'm Lauren!

I am from outside of Chicago. I'm 20 years old and a sophomore at Iowa State University. I am an apparel merchandising major specializing in PR and event management and I will be down at Disney for the Fall Advantage program this year for merchandise! I move in on May 23rd:)

Can't wait to meet those of you who are going to be down there for Fall/Fall Advantage!

Hey I'm Kayla!

I'm currently a sophomore at Eastern CT State University and I'm studying business administration. I'm hoping to get into the Fall 2011 CP, I just had my phone interview yesterday morning so I'm nervous to see how I did!

I'm constantly on here trying to see how good of a chance I have at getting in lol

Hey I'm Kayla!

I'm currently a sophomore at Eastern CT State University and I'm studying business administration. I'm hoping to get into the Fall 2011 CP, I just had my phone interview yesterday morning so I'm nervous to see how I did!

I'm constantly on here trying to see how good of a chance I have at getting in lol

Congrats on getting the phone interview! I bet you have pretty good chance of getting in, especially if you were on the boards at all before you interviewed (I know just reading about the program in general, and especially the boards about the interview really helped me feel prepared for mine).

Good luck with the waiting! What role(s) are you hoping for?

Thanks Holly!

I put down Attractions, QSFB, FSFB and Merchandise as my top 4. If everyone here on the college board is right (which hopefully they are lol) then I have a good chance by putting down QSFB haha

Hmmm I'm Liz, I'm a 20-year-old sophomore studying at Ohio University, although I'm from Columbus, Ohio. I am undecided between my Hotel & Tourism major and Interior Design. However I am quite content with my business and studio art minor!

I labeled Disney as my dream job when I was...oh, 10 and now I think I've decided it's time to go for it!

For whatever reason I have always favored Lady and the Tramp, going to some strange lengths such as buying a cocker spaniel when my parents said I could get a puppy :lovestruc I think the movie represents a classier time and everything I love about disney

Hey there I've been lurking the forum for awhile but I figured now would be a good time to start posting since I got accepted.

My name is Dylan, I'm 20 Y/O. I live in Tucson AZ, going to pima for my general education courses with no major in sight. I'm pretty excited about the whole aspect of working and living at Disney.

Hey everyone I'm Caleb, 22, from Tulsa, OK! I'm ready for the Florida sun and I can't wait to get my acceptance letter!

Hey everyone I'm Caleb, 22, from Tulsa, OK! I'm ready for the Florida sun and I can't wait to get my acceptance letter!

Tell me about it! We had SNOW here in Pennsylvania yesterday. SNOW! I can't wait for FL, though I know once I'm dying in the FL heat I'll be wishing I was up North again.

Have you gotten an acceptance email yet? I didn't get my folder until about 2 weeks after I got the email

Tell me about it! We had SNOW here in Pennsylvania yesterday. SNOW! I can't wait for FL, though I know once I'm dying in the FL heat I'll be wishing I was up North again.

Have you gotten an acceptance email yet? I didn't get my folder until about 2 weeks after I got the email

Wow, snow in April is ridiculous! We've had more snow than I can remember ever having so I'll welcome the heat. Nope, still waiting to be accepted. it still hasn''t even been 2 weeks yet so I'm not worried.....yet :goodvibes

Hi, I'm Vera.

I'm 24 and from Charleston, SC. I'm doing the Summer Alumni Program this summer and my role is Housekeeping. I did my first program in Spring of 2008 and I was in QSFB. I'm so excited to get back to Disney World as I haven't been since 2008!

Hey, my name is Chris and I'm 23 (I'll be 24 when im in FL) and I'm gonna be doing the Fall Advantage program as a concierge. I'm pretty excited to meet new people and work!

I was accepted into the college program a little over a week ago! I'll be doing the Fall Advantage Program 2011!! I'm so excited! I can't wait to get to Orlando! Working at Disney is going to be so much fun!! And I can't wait to meet lots of new friends!

I'm 20 years old and will be moving in on the 23rd of May! I'm going to be a character performer! Wish me luck!

Hope to hear from some of you!
<3 Sydney

I never properly introduced myself. I just got excited and started posting :P

My name is Brittany! I'm 20 years old (21 in 3 days). I live in Texas and I'm studying Theater. It's been a goal of mine to work for Disney and after years of sending my application to the Disney Store and not getting interviews I just applied to the park itself and got accepted into the College Program.

I will be arriving one June 13th to get my Fall Advantage started!

I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and all of the experiences (good and bad) that I will have.

That is about all I can think of to write. Any questions :P

Hello all!

My name is Lauren. I'm 22 and I graduated from college last Saturday with degree in Theater Arts and a minor in Business Administration (yippee!!).

I'm participating in the CP as an Entertainment cast member starting August 17th! Can't wait to meet other Fall participants!! :)

Hi!
Well I'm not really a college student anymore but I fit in here better than the other places ha ha! I'm Morgan (22). We are going to WDW at the end of June I'm excited! We've been several times but its awesome and brings back so many childhood memories now!

Hi all,
My name's Ebz, I'm originally from New Zealand, currently living in Paris, France. Erm, I'm 24 and I have 2 BAs, one in French and one in English, working on a Post Graduate Diploma in French at the moment. Love travelling and learning other languages! Also love Disney :) Couldn't forget that!
I worked for the Mouse from Jan 2010 to Jan 2011, first 6 months as a Lifeguard at both Typhoon Lagoon and Crescent Lake (Yacht & Beach Resort/Boardwalk Resort), then the second 6 months in Attractions at Innoventions in EPCOT (Sum of All Thrills, Piggy Bank Adventure, UL, Papermaking, IBM Runtime, Velcro's Slapstick Studios, Information Board).
Would be happy to answer any questions you might have (especially for ICPs not working in the Pavilions)

Reintroducing myself, because I haven't been around in a while and I've decided to change the term for which I'm applying.

Hiii! I'm Emily! I'm from the NYC suburbs, but I go to school in upstate New York. I'm 18 years old and I just finished my freshman year as an English major with concentrations in creative writing and global studies, and a minor in theater. I'm planning on applying for Fall 2012, so I'll be applying less than a year from now! I am SO insanely excited! I always wanted to spend some time working for the mouse, but never thought I would do a CP. Then I started doing a ton of research on the program, and I realized just how perfect it was for me. I'm an absolute Disney NUT (my vice is actually DCL... but living/working/learning at WDW is a dream) and I know that here, I'll find other people to be a freak with! :goodvibes

Amy Simpson here. 22 years old. Originally from Manchester, England, but have lived in various US states for the past 14 years. I currently live in the Seattle area on Washington, but recently graduated from Grand Valley State University near Grand Rapids, Michigan. My degree is a Bachelor of Social Work. I'll be arriving to check in on August 31st, and I'll be working attractions though I have no idea which one yet - my mum thinks I'd be great at the Haunted Mansion because I can keep a straight face through most anything.

Speaking of, one of my favorite Disney memories was just last summer when two little girls in line at Haunted Mansion conspired with their father, and when the cast member opened the doors to give her spiel they jumped at her to give HER the fright. She nearly lost control and was barely able to stop herself from laughing, couldn't recover well enough to do her bit, and instead just glared and pointed. It was bloody brilliant.

Hi Peeps,

I'm 25, from Ottawa Canada. I'm studying at Carleton University in Ottawa, a double-major in Classics and anthropology.
I love the super old disney movies (bambi, panochio, dumbo, etc), although these days I prefer some of the newer ones like Mulan that actually support cool females character who don't wait around for muscular males to rescue them (yes it is hard to reconcile disney and feminism. But I'm trying, I'm trying)!

I love many things (see my profile for details) and would be happy to chat about all of them! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter